Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

The free soda one really makes me feel like he's not being serious

The experience working of as a waiter makes me feel otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

Those poor people AJ threw down the stairs on her way up :ohdear:

It's ok, they were chanting "CM Punk!"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Bray Wyatt beat Daniel Bryan clean. There was a short period of time where it looked like they might be pushing them, then Bray got fed to Cena and Harper/Rowan got fed to Samoan Cenas.

I'm pretty sure Bray was built up in the early part of the year so could get fed to Cena. I don't think there's ever been a long term plan to the Wyatts before or since.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

People keep saying this, but it was only a main roster debut in the way that Sami Zayn losing to Tyson Kidd a few months back was a "main roster debut".

This is dumb. Zayn debuted on Raw tagging with Neville to promote a NXT special in September and they won. He lost to Kidd on Main Event like a month ago.

Debuting Charlotte on Raw in the Carolinas in order to promote an NXT special and pinning her in a couple of minutes is even dumber.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not at all shocked at people reading what they want to read.

I'm not defending the booking, I'm just saying it's not a debut and shouldn't be treated like one. She'll get a debut. This was a lovely way to promote the NXT special, but not a "main roster debut" if she's not on the roster.

How is having a video package and a match on Raw not a "main roster debut"?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Like I said, if she's there next week I'll concede. If this is an ongoing angle I'll concede. If she's added to the active Divas roster on WWE.com I'll concede. But she's not ON the main roster, and she wouldn't be appearing at all if it weren't for the NXT special. They did this for the last special. The booking was better for that, but would you consider Sami Zayn and The Ascension to be on the main roster right now?

Her debut on Raw was disappointing. I guess you can argue it doesn't count for whatever reason you want, but I still think it was pretty lame.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sigma posted:

#PitStain

Gotta live the gimmick.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

The sheer horror that must go with being a woman wrestler never stops surprising me.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'm not sure if this is more or less creepy than the dudes who make screencaps of MMA ring girls just standing around at weigh ins.

Does this help?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sionistic posted:

I thought she was just talking about WWF, because WCW is where the big boys played.

Look at the adjective: boys.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

cody is a fuckin mark

He can't help it. Dusty still hasn't told him wrestling is fake.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

Simmons said he's gonna be on commentary for a couple matches and he's basically a crypto-smark so please god let him bury the company

Also the WWE is truly stupid as far as promoting people that poo poo on their product all the time. Like they plug Austin's show and Austin is extraordinarily diplomatic but he clearly thinks the product is rear end. Last time Simmons talked wrestling with Sal they buried Reigns and the Rumble. silly

I can't believe WWE put Jon Stewart on Raw after all those awful things he said about Seth Rollins.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Did a waitress forget the lemon in his ice water again?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I really hate the talking point that showing up on WWE's main roster programming multiple times is not a "main roster debut".

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Protip: it's really not

Why?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

WWE heavily monitors what people tweet and are usually told what to tweet. They probably regularly tell Dolph to go on some weird rant every couple months that sounds like he's going to get in trouble because it's edgy.

Didn't they have Ryback do a bunch of stuff like that a couple of years ago? I definitely remember WrasslorMonkey's Eat Sleep Tweet Delete gif.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

the three stooges is objectively a smarter show than wwe raw

Shemp is a better worker than Roman Reigns.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/600055748459044864

Jesus Christ this is hilarious, especially considering how much Dave has praised Impact the past few months.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OGB posted:

Man, that Brandon Stroud guy is just a winner, isn't he?

You see, it's ok when he says something lovely for the sake of comedy, but The Rock making fun of Lana and Rusev is horribly offensive for a very good reason which is:

edit:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress this guy

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 18, 2015

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

It's actually ten times more clever than the pathetic small-wienered people on this very forum ironically celebrating Daniel Bryan's retirement, at least he actually tried to make a joke.

Funny you should mention that...

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Some times Lance has some gold.

That picture of Lance Storm looking mildly disappointed is perfect for every tweet he makes.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

People get really mad about Rovert here and it's really bad

Rovert keeps leaving his scoops on my lawn

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
8) Owen Steen

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

Perhaps he shouldn't be talking about it as if he does then :colbert:

Except he's trolling Punk and it's working.

They're both working.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Oh, so for no reason, then.

Just like the Wyatt break up. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They have a long tag team history and are both weird dudes even when Rowan was a face. I'm okay with there not being a nuanced weaving of a story in reuniting these two, especially since I think they only threw hands like twice ever and IIRC Harper looked on with approval even as Rowan was fighting him.

:lol:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

Dusty died, let's make sure we dig up 5 year old tweets made by his son.

We must point out this middle-aged, southern man who's been a professional wrestler his whole life has non-progressive views of race, gender and sexuality.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Dustin and Brandon are actually friends so it will get the Havok treatment.

#FollowTheMoney

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://instagram.com/p/45aLRRvKuX/

Titus O'Neil continues to be amazing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Finally a Charlotte and Reid tag team!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MrBling posted:

NEW

DAY

SOCKS

I hope every set comes with a superfluous third sock.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Skaw posted:

Plus he might let you in on where his Fountain of Youth is, if you're lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tez2g5pZDBw

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Someone forward this to TMZ so we can finally end the Reigns/Wyatt feud.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

btw, dont forget to buy the 21" Daniel Bryan action figure at Walmart for the low low black friday price of 19.99

What a great deal, that toy's almost life-size.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

The Stardust VS Goldust feud was hot

No it wasn't.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

magnum_valentino posted:

From what? Do you have proof?

Adbot