Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

"here's some meaningless thing I'm doing..."

So it's a twitter account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Batista will return as a face because no one wants to boo Batista.

From a month ago but holy poo poo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

The joke here is that Rob doesn't do cardio.

Still better than Batista's

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

The Union Underground were legitimately one of the only good metal bands from that era

No. :colbert:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

Please tell me how Disturbed were great. Thanks in advance.

Disturbed isn't metal.

epitasis posted:

Metal sucks.

I will fight you.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

Sorry, but yeah they are. They're lovely, terrible metal, but they're still metal. Nu-Metal is still metal.

But arguing what is and isn't a specific genre of music leads nowhere but coming up with genres like "post-punk power pop thrash core" so let's both just shut the gently caress up about this right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is a dumb and largely irrelevant,

Just like all my posts.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The Global Force Wrestling twitter is the saddest thing, it is just Jarrett posting pictures with other wrestlers at indie shows or autograph signings.

Bushwhackers and Bret Hart: The spry up-and-comers you want headlining your new wrestling promotion.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe if Batista tried to not suck people wouldn't hassle him. But that would require Batista to do the two things he's never done: Try, and not suck.

^^^
He's wearing the same hat my grandpa wears.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

His trunks should be a gif of Kane pushing him off the stage.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The entirety of the Shield's run was basically a reversing all the mistakes of modern day booking. They won to the point that losing mattered, they had a natural progression through sensible storylines that grew the characters, they transitioned from heel to face for actual reasons, and when they finally broke up, it elevated everyone involved.

In sum, the Shield owned.

And they were doing the same thing with the Wyatts until they ran into the John "The Shovel" Cena and they're only just now starting to recover. The fact that WWE knows exactly how to create new stars but absolutely refuses to is the greatest frustration.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Shooting fish in a barrel, but hey I am happy.

Keep us updated.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yuriy posted:

josh barnett plays magic cards, warhammer 40k and listens to bolt thrower

he could dismantle you with his bare hands without a whole lot of effort on his part

triple h has a shao-khan outfit, a golden loving throne, and bitches

not a dork, tia

If you listen to Bolt Thrower you are forever a dork regardless of anything else you do.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

We must all remember that this was a period of Lawler vs. Cole and R-Truth main eventing. It was dark times until the pipe bomb.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Alternately, I'd love to see the IC title get some credibility back, but have them also introduce a "cursed" belt where the object is to try to lose it, and tapping out doesn't count. Or have it audience reaction based like Dragon Gate's Owarai title.

Every promotion should have an Owarai belt.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lead me to this video, which is pretty amazing.

:nws: obviously.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ozz81 posted:

This is so great, kid knows how to sell a loss like death :allears:

Steen's :smug: face in the last shot just seals how awesome he is

My dad did the same thing to me growing up. He'd crush me at board games and sports and then laugh at my tears. I think it's just a dad thing.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wait, Davey "literally a wrestling robot" Boy Meltzer scored with Bull Nakano?

Heh heh... well... you know...

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

vegeta is responsible for yamcha's death and then he steals his girl

So Vegeta is John Cena?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who is piccolo

Upper midcard face whose job is to get beat by the big new heel.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Send him some change and a note to tip his servers.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Usually the fastest way to progress is doing matches with skilled wrestlers in front of a live audience on a nightly basis.

Well there's your problem.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

In what way

They make reddit cry.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe it's just the world's thickest copy of Man in the High Castle?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

When was the last time any band reunion from the 80s/early 90s was worth anything?

Satan reunited their 83 line-up and both their albums are some of the best albums I've heard in years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lamuella posted:

There's a thing that happens with a certain sort of older social conservative that I think of as Dick Cheney Syndrome. Basically it takes a personal connectioon to the issue to get on board with the issue, but once they have that connection they feel it sincerely (a la Cheney being pro same sex marriage back in the early 2000s because of his daughter).

Not saying that's the case with Dustin. From all I've seen he might just be a really good dude. But it's something I've seen happen before.

Dick Cheney signed off on letting his other daughter throw her gay sister under the bus for political reasons so he must not have been that sincere.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What would Dave's music be? Anyways, he'd have gotten the biggest pop of the weekend.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

What's the Seth one about?

Digging up a post from a couple days ago, but always fun to laugh at Seth being a dweeb, but he also started using a terrible V-trigger as his finisher for a bit after he dropped the pedigree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5D3Ve6-_BA

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

for sale EVIL shirts never worn

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dacap posted:

Marty Janetty confessed to a murder on Facebook today

Marty might have played himself.

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/08/05/marty-jannetty-apparent-murder-confession-columbus-police-department/

TMZ posted:

Now, the Columbus Police Dept. in Georgia tells us straight up, "We are going to look into this."

In fact, a spokesperson from the homicide/cold case division says, "The first step will be seeing if we have any missing persons or unidentified remains cases that match the limited information in the post."

The CPD notes that they have "several current active homicide investigations underway and they will have to remain the priority" -- so, it won't be an all hands on deck situation right now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Apparently OWE hosed over their ring announcer/only guy that spoke fluent English and left him stranded and broke in Cambodia.

https://twitter.com/MrSalinas619/status/1321150910043619328

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Isn't that CIMA's company?

CIMA was head trainer for a while but it was never his company, so to speak. I don't know how involved he's been since they moved to Cambodia, as he's been focusing on freelancing with Stronghearts.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope everyone that made fun of Slapjack and T-Bar is ashamed of their words and deeds now that they know they retroactively did racism.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm hoping Luther is smart enough to keep it to Art Bell out there stuff like UFOs and bigfoot and not get into "is COVID a hoax" or anything politically charged.

He's gonna swerve us and go in the opposite end and get really into Operation Gladio and post-war Italian politics.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ricochet has deleted the pic of him partying with Scurll lol.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus.
Flip is calling Pence Judas and Trump Jesus.
He's saying Trump should give Pence commemorative Trump silver as a symbolic gesture because in Flip's vrsion of Christianity Jesus is a petty bitch.

18 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/mocchy_117/status/1353308535258419200?s=20

Masaaki Mochizuki talking about how he was looking for a photo from his debut match, & here it is, from 1994 against "Pete Tazello" as he was known at the time. (Taz is actually only a couple years older than Mochi despite Mochi still being one of the best wrestlers out there at 51)

https://twitter.com/Izzacwrestles/status/1261695216018313216

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

What’s an example of Dan’s dumbness since he seems okay in his appearances on the new day podcast? AJ, I think, legit gets mad since he’s broken a couple of controllers when he’s lost.

He was absolutely dumbfounded when he discovered that pirates stole things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Keith Lee is a actually a big Burzum fan and he has many paragraphs prepared to explain why you need to separate the art from the artist.