Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Well we would all like to believe that was still the belt, but we are left with the Divas one unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SirDippingSauce posted:

Omni, wwe.com recently did a little photoshoot/Photoshop Friday kinda dealie where they showed the current champs with old-school belts.

I know. I'm making a joke.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Happy Happyist posted:

Maybe it's a build-a-figure, where you get a Undertaker piece in each figure in the series?

I hope not, someone would pose it headless with a Sheamus figure and "It's a shameful thing / You lost your head"

On reflection I am lame enough to laugh at that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Memento1979 posted:

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/390313413886631936

Bitter? Maybe. Justified? gently caress yes he is.

I thought Hunter was still trying to get him back into the WWE. But his bitterness right now is totally justified.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

And the first comment in the WRONG video is hilariously dumb

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

:allears: Oh Cena you wonderful man.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

wasn't that guy confirmed a plant at several shows? I mean I think WWE.com ended up selling those shirts shortly afterwards.

There is something else, when he won the championship at 21, there's a guy in the crowd celebrating with him, fast forward to I think 25, that same guy is in a Cena Sucks shirt and screaming in his face while Cena poses with him with the biggest poo poo eating grin on his face.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm Australian and that's still all amazing

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

It's because none of them got signed when they had their try outs.

So she thinks the Bellas had something to do with that? I mean... Maybe? They are linked with some of the WWEs biggest stars...

Stallion Cabana posted:

Attack on Ryback

Quick, someone find an angry cruiserweight, have him bite his thumb and start Rage-MMAing giants!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

So did Miz get married, or did he get divorced?

Miz is engaged/getting married to Maryse.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

OmegaBR posted:

Even John Cena said on Austin's podcast recently that WWE has such a walking-on-eggshells environment that everybody's scared to speak up.

And while Ryder went about it the wrong way, the idea that it's up to the talent to get over AND market themselves AND let the company know that they deserved to be pushed, even when entire arenas are chanting for them - basically to do all the work - is pretty screwy.

I remember Mick telling the story that he was talking with Ryder who was upset about his position in the company, so Foley asked if he went and talked to Vince, Ryder said no, and Foley told him to go do it. He didn't.

Lord Of Texas posted:

I'm not disagreeing with you that bitching on Twitter is not productive, but how often have you talked to the CEO of the company you work at? Not everyone has a great rapport with Vince I'm sure.

Listen, if Matt loving Striker could walk into the office to talk with Vince, I'm guessing there isn't a high bar for entry. Brian Kendrick could talk to Vince, Jericho in the jobbiest part of his career in WWE, it's actually shockingly. Pretty much everything we've been told is Vince's door is open so long as he isn't busy. Hell "The Brian Kendrick" came about because Kendrick kept getting bounced between I believe Brian Gerwitz and Johnny Ace when he wanted to talk to them about the TBK gimmick. Eventually he just got sick of it and went straight to Vince, explained the idea, and Vince said "Okay"

AND THAT WORKED if he hadn't been busted for Pot he would probably be doing very well for himself. If Ziggler has an idea, and he thinks he isn't being used right, and creative dicks him around, it could not possibly hurt him to knock on the door and ask "Vince, do you have a minute?" not at this point. I mean you can't possibly be fired for knocking on the door and asking the boss if he has a minute to chat. and he can't possibly be buried more than he is... So go for!

Of course as OmegaBR pointed out, there is a culture of fear in the WWE, the wrestlers are afraid to go to the boss and talk to him because don't you know that's Vince McMahon and he'll scream and fire you because he's insane? Where could we go if we were fired? Best keep my mouth shut and never speak up.

And the WWE has done nothing to curb this culture of fear, because I'm sure they like it, it's the ultimate in backstage mind games bullshit. Push this guy, now stop the push, see how he reacts, do nothing with him, tell him creative has nothing for him, lets see if he'll have the stones to go talk to Vince. Blah blah blah blah would not shock me if this is just another layer of "testing".

The Dolph situation pisses me off because bitching on Twitter is literally counter productive, that doesn't say to me "I want to do better in this company" it's just bitching. and the thing is in this very thread people are saying there's a very vocal "We want Ziggler" chant when they watch. So what the gently caress even?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Sigma posted:

Rybaxel is the greatest tag team because both of them are the idiot sidekick.

I really wish a lot of wrestlers personalities weren't limited to twitter. But it seems like basically the entire mid-card exists in a bland void where they can online shine through being a keyboard.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

Because I didn't know about Michaels' hunting group and its name/unfortunate acronym?

Because you don't know what the MRA are, I'm Australian and I know what the MRA are.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

All that Guardians money is going to some kid's garage sale isn't it?

dude loves collecting Lunch Boxes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Perfidus posted:

They really should have just recast Bo as Bray's younger brother, and made him some huge creep. Which wouldn't even be too far from Bo as is.

No see cause Bo is a failure of an inspirational cult leader, while Bray is a successful nihilistic cult leader.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Sorry Zeb, but Rusev is seeing Lana now, he will break you if you make the wrong move.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dad Stone Cold standing there with a disapproving stare and his hands on his hips while Cena just looks away, holding his arm going "Sorry Dad" then he eats a stunner and Austin goes "Don't be sorry, just don't do it again"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Alan_Shore posted:

It doesn't really matter, Dolph's not going anywhere and he knows it. Dude's probably waiting for his contract to expire so he can go to Japan or something. If WWE was going to do absolutely anything with him they would have by now. Might as well have fun on the Twitosphere.

They keep punishing him for "Having fun on the twitosphere"

If he pulled his head out of his rear end he might have a good career.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Xerzes posted:

Do we actually know that, and that it isn't just WWE not giving a poo poo about him because he isn't John Cena?

The last Bryan and Vinny show (I think) where they brought up that Ziggler tweeted about Ryder (apparently) being in the bunny suit had them both groaning and complaining that he's going to get himself in trouble again and if he just shut up on Twitter he might make a career for himself.

So I would assume that they would know.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also, there was this in the latest observer

quote:

When they do tryouts nowadays, they tell everyone to be careful what you write in social media and not say anything to get you into trouble. The most notable situation there was with Mark & Jay Briscoe, who were in when their ROH contracts expired, but when Jay wrote the wrong thing on Twitter, about not wanting someone gay teaching his kid, which he immediately apologized for, WWE wouldn’t touch him or his brother.

so if the WWE expects it of new recruits, they should expect it of their current talent.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Wow, gently caress Jay Briscoe.

Indeed, not only did he gently caress it up for himself but his brother as well.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

NienNunb posted:

I really don't think they give too much of a poo poo what Ziggler tweets and that he'd be in pretty much the same boat now if he never tweeted anything.

I disagree, clearly, because that's what would happen in a regular job. You get punished for being a fuckhead. They clearly like the guy, he's lasted as long as he has, they got pissed off at Ryback for injuring him. He's just an egomaniac twit who can't shut his mouth.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

paint dry posted:

You mean the onslaught that has been relentless for four solid months now? That onslaught?

Yeah, the dude made a tweet, good for him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

What?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Shima Honnou posted:

The joke is it's Daniel Bryan calling Brie his husband.

Well you remember the Jerry Springer segment correct?

Excuse me I have to go FORGET the Jerry Springer segment again.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

He was booked like that specifically because the fans were making GBS threads on him, so he got booked into Douchetista, and then into Evolution. It's reactive booking for once, and Evolution is doing a great job feuding with SHIELD so there's nothing to complain about.

Also he was leaving to promote the film, no poo poo he ate the pins.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Shima Honnou posted:

For all we really know, maybe the program shifted to Bryan getting the belt before Punk walked out on that Monday and he left specifically because he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the belt with Bryan around.

But that doesn't match up with my mental image of CM Punk so that can't be it. After all, I, a man who was not in the room, not in the know, and have nothing of context, am able to predict entirely the reason why former WWE Superstar Phil "C.M. Punk" Brooks, sat out the rest of his contract.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I don't think most of them believe in body-shaming.

Oh just look at how they talk to people, they definitely believe in it. And any other kind of shaming too.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The dixie train is endless

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't get it.

Ryder didn't text him a happy birthday text I'm guessing.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

John Cena is a horrible monster for agreeing with Stone Cold, and getting everyones ideas given to him. He's such a toady, arrogant, vile fucker. And I wish more reputable people would come out and slander him. It's so sickening to hear Jim Cornette suck up to the WWE by claiming that Cena was a hard worker who was a dream to have. It pisses me off so much when revisionist history pops up trying to claim that they were going to release Cena and didn't have anything for him back when he was new.

Wake up sheeple! He was never loving over! Smackdown was a heavily edited television show! Stop supporting this poo poo head of a human being!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Angular Landbury posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he wasn't? I get the impression that Cena will do literally anything his bosses tell him to. Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him.

Is there anything to indicate Jim Cornette was not sucking up to the WWE?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jim "I've been fired from every job I've ever had in the wrestling business that wasn't a company I owned" Cornette, noted dishonest suck-up to the WWE

Didn't he say the same thing about Nick Dinsmore and then they made him Eugene?

I... okay just to be clear. People realize my first post was in sarcasm and this

Onmi posted:

Is there anything to indicate Jim Cornette was not sucking up to the WWE?

Was in response to

Angular Landbury posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he wasn't? I get the impression that Cena will do literally anything his bosses tell him to. Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him.

Vagueness in regards to 'He' and 'Wasnt' Since He could refer to either Jim Cornette or John Cena, and 'Wasnt' could refer to Sucking up or being a hard worker.. The fact that he used 'Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him' I used lame internet humor to infer he meants the former for both, and asked for clarification.

Though here's him talking about Cena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XerHosDzcw
That ones a simple one, he mentions training the OVW Trio and "Batista had the look. Cena had the look, the talent and the drive. Orton has the look and the talent but no drive."

And then there's this other one I can't find yet, where he basically just talks about having him in OVW, said Danny Davis trusted him with the keys to the ring truck, was always a hard worker, did what he was told, pointed out fans don't understand how much a booker loves a guy like Cena. Said he was entertaining and thought he could be the next Ric Flair if they let him play heel. Still looking for it

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

No see Heath Slater's life is ruined either way because he has to deal with the stigma of being accused of assault with intentions to rape

To be fair, even if he's acquitted, people are going to assume he did it anyway and his lawyer just got him off. So, yes, if he didn't do it, his life will be pretty hosed up. Now I'm not saying he didn't do it, I'm not saying he did it either. I'm just saying that the truth wont matter even if he gets off. Everyone already has made their judgement in their mind.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

To counter, her life is hosed regardless as well. If Heath is convicted, the fans who are unwilling to believe that a celebrity could ever commit a heinous crime will harass her relentlessly for taking away their precious wrestleman. If he walks, she will be branded as a gold digger who lied and tried to ruin a man's life for money.

Yup, sex crime ruins everyones lives, so the best answer is that no one should commit sex crimes... also other types of crime.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Yeah well john would say that because for once he was a massive hit, it was just the thing after him that was a massive miss.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

TL posted:

Anyone let me know what Cody tweeted here? Seems this was deleted.

The actual quote is "We're all going to die anyway, why not use steroids and get the most out of your prime"

Basically "YOLO"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I assumed she meant he had a small dick. I dunno what the gently caress is wrong with the rest of you. Or her.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If his Twitter was really hacked he would announce that he's hired Vince Russo to manage the diva's divisions booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

DM Punk posted:

It keeps getting better.

"AJ Lee, you've earned yourself a shot in the first, 1 hour, Diva's Piledriver match, in which you will be pile driven for a full 60 minutes by someone we feel is able to adequately perform the move. Eva Marie."