Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hey if i was a kid and my dad was a famous wrestler id think that is pretty cool
I think it was AJ who said his kids don't care so this is probably him trying to be a Cool Dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Karmine posted:

Looks like someone slept on Stitches and Fiction (Dreams in Digital). Glam goth classics.
Those are great loving songs and reminding me to listen to those is a good thing to come out of reading Corey having another stupid meltdown

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

How the gently caress does he have so many relevant, terrible tweets?

Oh because he has thousands of terrible tweets. Right.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This is the company that has spent how much on having Brock sink the entire brand?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There is often a division in the racist mindset between close proximity in safe spaces and then that nebulous "other" that waits beyond their vision. "One of the good ones" and all that as well, but it's something you can see all the time. The grandfather of racial "science" Gobineau was obsessed with Persian women and Persian culture in spite of being mind-bogglingly racist because he liked living there.

It's probably a byproduct of carrying a philosophy that regardless of all the massive moral issues is immensely detrimental and consistently demonstrates failure and social loss.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Kissing Vince's rear end isn't going to do Dream any favors. He's DOA on the main roster. Good luck with Vince's beloved dancing gimmick.
Him wrestling Breeze was sort of eerie on the nose irony.

Not as bad as Shayna talking about all her opponents left for the main roster, though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Djarum posted:

I would love a FF6 remake. I think that would be a much more interesting project than 7 as there is a lot more varied and frankly interesting settings and gameplay that could be had there.
I think that's why they didn't do it. FF6 requires you make some difficult choices all through development, 7 you just pretty up and add some tertiary content to pad out the world and it's done.

And look how troubled the FF7re development has looked to be!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TriffTshngo posted:

it's really telling that the thing lovely bigoted rich old white men hate more than anything else is the idea of not being in complete control

what loving gutless scum
That's basically how all bigots work though I guess the rich have more ways to make the rest of us see it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That Corbin tweet is amazing. It's self-contradicting and has danny devito in it, corbin doesn't give a gently caress.

I wish we got that Corbin on TV and not whatever the gently caress Vince thinks his character is.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tato posted:

Dave was trying to be very diplomatic about saying "Since her breast augmentation, her in-ring work is even worse than before." By trying to phrase it like he did, it came off as a body shaming thing where WWE obviously instructed all their talent to pile onto him for internet points.
I can't remember what but there was some other WWE blunder that week, and suddenly the talent was out in droves to change the narrative.

But I forget which since there's just infinite loving WWE blunders and they all blur together. Was it the racist, the other racist, the murder regime, the fake charity or gently caress seriously there's just so much.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah Becky attacking Brock to lead into something a bit more ridiculous could have saved it. Instead it was just very tired and tiring. You can see people booing and sighing in the crowd as Brock wins.

Also I think her reply owns.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Midnightghoul posted:

Stick to Sports Entertainment, Dave
Or at least he can be stuck to sports entertainment within the long dick boy tweet carousel

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tato posted:

The state of this fuckin' business. No wonder no one wants to watch this poo poo
It's funny because I'd rather watch most modern performers than the 90s poo poo but you basically listed "What Vince wants" and these dweebs are warbling on twitter about their precious meltzer snowflake matches when that doesn't matter.

Like the one recent tiny indie dweeb (relatively, ofc) who really got over is also among the greatest promos of all time. Gargano should be studying him, not worrying about his stupid move move nearfall four hour match not being twitter-acclaimed. Worry about what Vince and the mainstream audience thinks of you.

But they never learn. Then they sign a new contract and wonder why they're trapped in catering.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's something about Adam Cole making a tweet with a lazy eyed Sonic that makes my brain itch

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Which doesn't necessarily make Gargano racist. He could just have a fragile ego and inability to just admit he hosed up.
Didn't he get whiny upset Rollins style when people didn't enjoy that overwrought endless cage match of spot nearfall spot nearfall?

I dunno Gargano gives me that Kenny Omega vibe of just pure dorky obliviousness.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So here's Jinder cutting a better promo outside WWE than in

I never expected he'd be on that list (jk also I'm voting NDP)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I enjoy AEW and love Jungle Boy but that poo poo is really stupid.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'm cringing my face off at that Bray tweet
Bray is cringey as gently caress

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

"I really really want to see The Miz vs Daniel Bryan" - a thing I still have a hard time believing people actually said.
People were loving hyped for that and the Dean turn and I just laughed and laughed

And I even like the Miz!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Seams posted:

if I start a wrestling fed the only rule would be never tweet
AEW isn't even good at its official tweets

Actually neither is WWE

yeah you're basically 100% right

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

coconono posted:

Evil Uno is on TV until 2023 while Cornette is getting angry letters from podcast sponsors because he didn't say the name enough.
When you say it like that I just can't help but smile

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

njsykora posted:

Time Splitters reuniting only to immediately job to a team from a fake promotion was the most WWE way that could go.
90% of the way there, it's NXT so it's only the perfect WWE when a knee or shoulder explodes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Part of why Dave is cool is because he's friends with Titus who seems like a good dude

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

Cass getting fired is still so wack.
Enzo put forward the idea (or at least looked like he did, I'm not watching a full interview or listening to him talk) they were aware of Cass' rapidly deteriorating mental health and saw that as reason to fire him. That seems exactly like something Vince would do, his chosen one shows mental problems? Can him for his "weakness" immediately. Touching Carmella is of course a good reason, but they so rarely give a poo poo about bullying and abuse I wonder if Enzo might be right here.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can see not liking ZSJ's work (I love it, he is amazing, but his style is a bit far from wwe hoss battles) but there's a big difference between saying you don't like him and some rumored account of people claiming he works too gay. Maybe I'm just in denial since the phrase "too gay" in Wrestling I just can't compute.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's nothing wrong with wanting good money and good booking.
There's also nothing wrong with mocking people who re-sign or sign then complain about the lovely booking.

WWE is not some historical unknown. There's a type, there's what Vince wants, and there's a pattern of what makes a star that can get around Vince/HHH being crap at their jobs.

It's not "workrate flippy guy with oatmeal mouthed promos"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

OctoberCountry posted:

Dude's been licking the boot since he was on Tough Enough
Yeah Dream is, now that we have a couple years to put it together, basically trying to suck up to Trips/Vince nonstop.

Lends credence to the theory the cuck stuff is Paul favored.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That Corbin quote is eerie in how perfect it is if you level it at Vince

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's a long list, but being the tip of the shameful HHH-berg is not where you hoped to see Dream go.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

Is this bullshit on Dream or is he being told to tweet this poo poo? He's supposed to be the face
He's a face working closely with HHH so, what do you expect?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That's for Bianca, but don't worry, goons loved the match where the build was two blonde women acting like she wasn't good enough and then during the match Rhea spanked her. Soon she'll lose to Charlotte too and get no revenge for Charlotte booting her from the rumble.

I hope to be wrong on that one.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

chris jericho is a chud and i dont know how to accept that
Enjoy his performance, respect his craft, do not ever give him money or hits on his podcast/personal work is my general outlook. I don't think he's a bad guy but I do think he doesn't realize the negative influence he has on the world.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So is intentionally misspelling role model a joke I missed
the wheelchair

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't know a lot about mainstream culture but I feel like Ok dot jpeg is actually pretty well known as memes go.

And PAC going off on a raging rant while OC in a saitama costume just goes "Ok" would be delightful.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Googling yellow denim it actually looks perfect for Saitama's outfit.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm imagining Chuck stealing OC's clothes while he's in the shower and leaving the jumpsuit, but I know they don't like doing the invisible camera thing on Dynamite. They mostly save that for BTE.
I mean you could do an interview with Trent? outside the showers hyping up the PAC rematch with OC, see Chuck sneaking in and sneaking out, then OC strolling out in the jumpsuit without the slightest fucks given. It's completely in the nature of the best friends to have one of them doing stupid poo poo while the other is trying to be serious.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tato posted:

Zack Ryder has shown more potential and accomplished much more than Shawn Spears even with WWE hating his guts and kneecapping him every time.
The interview where he reveals he won the IC title because Road Dogg took pity on him for "never hearing his theme music at mania" was rather sympathetic

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

No one should ever talk about rovert

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Being in Florida seems to be a catastrophic decision

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MotU posted:

Kenny is bad at Twitter, imo
He 100% does not seem like a person who should be engaging with the twitter wrestling community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Seams posted:

AEW have enough (male) talent for now I think
Other than Rusev (Day) I agree, especially given how promising a bunch of the people on Dark have been and how many people are currently under-utilized.