Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You know what? I think I legitimately like Scott Steiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nessus posted:

I guess to be vaguely serious, a lot of Irish dudes just tend to show all their teeth when they smile, for whatever reason. My entire Irish side of the family has that going on. I'm sure it's not limited to the Irish either.

Both my parents are half-Irish and this is entirely a thing for me, so yeah, that sounds about right actually

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I live in Texas, not Ireland, so I may be talking out my rear end here.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What, exactly, is Cornette's beef? The dick thing is hilarious.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
New Jack is awesome and I would really want to have a beer with him and listen to insane wrestling stories, except for the fact that the only outcome that could have is "I say something dumb without realizing and get stabbed to death"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aesop Poprock posted:

My favorite new jack moment was him on Art of Wrestling where him and cabana are laughing about all the insane violent criminal poo poo he did and then new jack brings up how he used to jerk off with his friends when he was younger and THAT'S when cabana gets all quiet and uncomfortable

tbf one of those things makes for fun stories and the other is kinda not really anyone's business except New Jack

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skaw posted:

Reminder that Triple H has said they possibly want to try to get Hogan back.

HHH has said the door's open if Hogan wants to apologize for being a horrible racist rear end and change his ways, iirc. Not quite the same.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sebastian Bach is a national treasure, as anyone who's seen Trailer Park Boys is well aware :colbert: Sami got good taste

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aesop Poprock posted:

When was the last time any band reunion from the 80s/early 90s was worth anything?

Reunion albums tend to be bad, but reunion shows/tours are usually fun.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Is Great Khali on the card for WWE India

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HerraS posted:

A party with Paige only ends with you sitting in a chair and a Wolverine cosplayer swinging his 3-foot cock in your face

I remember reading this one story, I think it was here but it might have been elsewhere on the internet, about a guy who went to this place that was like a haunted maze attraction, except the only performer was a gay minotaur who'd make you suck his dick if he caught you.

That seems like an appropriate ending to that night tbh

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Spikeguy posted:

God, I can't read these posts. There are too many manly tears of joy. You know how Undertale do. Now if you excuse me, I have to listen to Bonetrousle.

I'm legit curious if any wrestlers are Undertale fans now

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

revtoiletduck posted:

Is it possible Cornette doesn't know wrestling is scripted? I feel like that would explain a lot of his behavior.

He ran Smoky Mountain Wrestling, unless SMW was 100% shoot top to bottom I think he knows. He's just too attached to kayfabe.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edge & Christian posted:

There's a difference between "I like this low-selling/low-viewed [program/promotion/game/book/comic], I wish more people were into it" and "this cult thing I like is awesome and the industry needs to emulate it!" and there's a decent amount of the latter on here. The post he was responding to was about how Cornette hates Lucha Underground, but just imagine his face when he sees the ratings!" which you know, are objectively low.

I mean, I think the industry should emulate LU because I like LU a whole goddamn lot and I'm not super big on any of the other current televised wrestling products. I'm also okay with other people disagreeing with me. :shobon:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Foley's first book is just a fantastic read top to bottom, I haven't gotten around to his others though

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait, what did Moolah do? Is there a Moolahbomb someone can link to? Stories about the grunchy side of the industry are interesting as hell.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh Jesus, I googled her and... :stare: wow

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I don't mind that tweet either? He's being honest about how he and Balls didn't really gel that well, but it was because Balls was too incredibly nice to everyone, which is nowhere near the worst thing you can say about a person.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Given the poo poo-ton of ECW stuff they have, including the Danbury Fall, I'm pretty sure kids don't factor in. Network seems primarily for smarks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

man I know we don't like rovert but calling this an own is reaching

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I mean, is anyone particularly shocked that Bubba Ray Dudley thinks this though?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endless Mike posted:

Lio Rush was trained by one of my local promotions, so he was at I think every show I've been to there, and always managed to steal the show. So yeah, bit of a bummer he's an rear end.

by wrestling standards the dude is practically a loving angel, he just made a dumb tweet

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

I wonder if you could dilute nerve gas enough that deathmatch guys could work in it?

I mean, you could gimmick it pretty easily with a fog machine and green fog juice. :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm gonna marry TJP's mom and beat him with a leather belt

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ric Flair Drip is a fuckin great song and the fact that the Nature Boy himself approves owns

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Is ZANDIG a sweetheart?

Zandig's a deathmatch promoter, not a deathmatch wrestler, and deathmatch promoters are all the biggest pieces of poo poo possible

Deathmatch wrestlers being sweethearts tracks, though, Foley as Cactus Jack feels like he's basically the archetype for most of them and Foley is one of the nicest dudes ever

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait, what the hell did Vampiro and Striker do? I remember them being really fun on LU but I kind of fell off before that whole thing ended, it's a little surprising to see the constant dunking.

e: Also just imagine Oney's tweets are him SHOUTING EVERYTHING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS and they get very entertaining

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just looked it up because I'm lazy and short on time, and, I'm gonna be real, this just sounds like all the reasons I loving love Vampiro compiled into one event

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like if it was a consistently traditionally good promotion, yeah sure, get me someone else, but I tend to associate AAA with hilarious chaos more than anything so Vampiro fits perfectly

coconono posted:

Matt Striker is by far the worst commentator ever to do wrestling. And I'm including the edgelords IWA-MS sometimes springs from the work camps to get on their shows.

...is this just because of the video game references or did he actually do something

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh, he's a chud, okay. that explains it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gumball Gumption posted:

2 racists and 2 wife beaters makes me happier about the new guys who's highest crimes are being whiny on Twitter and boot licking.

i'm... really not sure how the quality of their wrestling character is tied to their quality as a human.

each of the 90s characters listed has some kind of memorable hook. none of those dudes were just playing "themselves, but not really." they all had some kind of ridiculous gimmick that got (and kept) people's attention. the closest WWE has to that nowadays is, like, loving Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, and one of those wasn't their invention.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so i've been facebook friends with this wrestler named Alex Nabiev for a little while now, and it is the gift that keeps on giving.

just to give you an idea, this is his picture (linked because bloody). in each and every one of his profile pictures that I can find, this man is either covered in blood or doing something batshit insane that i think even old-school CZW would have probably balked at. this is his facebook info panel, to give people who don't want to directly look at gore an idea:

in spite of this, Alex Nabiev is also basically a loving human golden retriever. he is genuinely one of the nicest people I have on facebook, albeit one of the weirdest.

and he wants to come to America, probably because people keep telling him to come to America! (including me!)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

aew sign alex nabiev

That's actually unironically his goal. I think he'd be getting calls pretty fast if he started taking deathmatch bookings here, he's a rare talent with that poo poo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Huh, just got a notification that this Alex Nabiev guy changed his profile picture, let's see wha:nms:OH GOD:nms:

This guy is loving 21 :stonklol:

loving Russians I swear to god

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

super macho dude posted:

GG Allin lookin' pretty swoll.

I unironically love this guy, it's like every time he pops up on my feed it's some new and exciting batshittery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
anyone remember when I posted about Batshit Crazy Russian Guy Alex Nabiev in this thread?

well, uh

a play in three acts

HE'S COMING