Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Dias posted:

I hope The Revival recovers from injuries and actually gets to have a decent run because that'll be the most squandered tag team ever if it just peters out.

Can it really be "squandered" if the dudes literally just keep getting injured? Like, I fully trust the WWE to gently caress their booking, but both times now they've just been starting out a program and then one of the guys gets hurt. Not really WWE booking's fault at all here, just freak accidents cutting off a team's momentum.

Now if they start booking The Revival to come out in plastic bubbles to prevent them from being injured and rename them to Mr. Glass and Mr. Brittle upon their return, I could see that being WWE's fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I've got the tweets printed out right here, brother. The internet's got the scoops on what ladies are too fat to be in a wrestling ring and I'll be sure to tell that to them.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Does X-Pac wear nWo and DX shirts everywhere he goes? The man really was 4 life.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Wrestling and Rick and Morty are both in Hot Topic where they belong and are both highly embarrassing.

Grown men shrieking like children while standing on a counter demanding sugar meme sauce for their nugs is on the same level as poo poo I've seen from wrestling fans. We should all be loser allies in our terrible hobbies.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Josh Matthews was right. TJP is a fuckwad. Glad we've gotten past that CWC afterglow and no one likes him again.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Tye Dillinger totally sucks.

Drew Gulak totally rules.

Big Cass is having quite the poo poo last few months but who cares because in his absence The Zo Train is going full speed.

But for real, he's hosed and could only get heat beating on Enzo who is now heel and the main focus of an entire show. He is so, so screwed when he comes back.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

oldpainless posted:

What’s the burn?

Someone asked Low Ki if he would appear on Colt's podcast (because Low Ki somehow still has fans) and he said no because he doesn't respect Colt.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

World class striker eh? Is that why he decided to throw a spin kick instead of punching during the nXt Punching Bag challenge and ended up with a score lower than Michael Cole?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Is the document still legally binding if I start strutting and elbow drop it?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Huh. Brock didn't elbow his dumbass head nearly hard enough in retrospect.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Oh is Orton one of those people who thinks public schools not being allowed to lead prayers means there's no praying allowed at all?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Cornette seems like just a boring gimmick but then he makes scenes at conventions or whips his dick out at things, he just gets too worked up. Please smoke a joint for your health JC

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Somehow Ciampa tweeting makes me less interested in his feud. Dunno what it is but a guy tweeting pictures of action figures and turning down podcasts reduces his "badass heel" factor considerably. That's Yoshi Tatsu poo poo.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Yes. Meltzer mentioned when THQ went under that contracts 2k offered were drastically cheaper. A few guys like Foley refused to sign likeness rights in protest the next year. But they all came back because it's not like anyone else can make the games. You're still passing up money.

Between THQ going under and PPVs dying and being replaced with the Network, wrestlers got ultra hosed on royalties.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

There's few things in wrestling more pathetic than worshipping an awful booker that has done nothing but fail and kill multiple promotions, let alone internet dogpiling on innocent folks and journalists who just report facts at his behest. What makes one into a Vince Russo groupie? A virulent hatred of women, minorities, and good wrestling?

Glad to see Russo being the good Christian as always. He's saved you know.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Remember when everyone was excited TJP won the CWC (only because the other top guys to win wisely didn't sign WWE contracts) because they got to dunk on Josh Matthews for old tweets encouraging TJP to quit and leave TNA?

Turns out TJP is an insufferable MRA dork rear end and Josh hated him for good reason (even though Josh still sucks too).

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Classiest merch since Adam Rose's mugshot shirt. What a disgusting puke

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I knew Aron could do it. Take and seize opportunity.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I like Dave but I had to stop following him on Twitter, then ultimately block him because he seems unable to stop himself from arguing with Twitter eggs and moron fans of Conrad's podcasts. Just the same poo poo every single day.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I question how booking Brutus Beefcake in any role, enforcer or otherwise, would result in a single extra ticket being sold for that show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

He's not retired-retired. Seems inevitable we will see another Hardy vs Hardy match in our lifetimes even though the only time it was fun was with the Broken Stuff.

Also, it's Matt Hardy on social media.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I hope this leads to WWE also feeling obligated to include at least one British wrestler in the HoF each year for pandering purposes. At last Big Daddy will be in the REAL Hall of Fame. gently caress you, Dave!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Just offhand I know he knocked some guy unconscious and was still trying to get his poo poo in on the guy while he was out. He also kneed or kicked Ziggler right in the face in his one WWE PPV match and was fired shortly after.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

You can't shut up for more than a week without the fans moving on. FICKLE

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

It's a good thing Twitter banter doesn't matter because Ronda is loving abysmal at it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Riott Squad is my favorite random group thrown together that didn't even know each other prior. They seem like a lot of fun.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Gonzo McFee posted:

Comedians are all awful people, like Wrestlers but without the pleasure of knowing they're crippling themselves for your entertainment.

Dolph Ziggler considers himself both and he's one of the worst human beings on the planet, so this checks out

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Wrestlers re-tweeted fan created artwork is how we get 99% of rumors about poo poo. It's an IWC staple.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

It's load bearing canvas.

*suplexes a guy and everything collapses like Brock/Big Show*

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

*Stephanie McMahon towers over talent, uses every opportunity to get herself over instead of anyone else, belittles and quashes all babyface comebacks making them look stupid*

Fans - UGH! What is she doing? Doesn't she know the point is to get the TALENT over instead of herself?

*Corey Graves repeatedly and intentionally sets himself up to get dunked on by Becky Lynch by lobbing her softballs, making Becky look funny and cool and more over*

Fans - UGH! What is he doing? He looks like an idiot! He's so bad at Twitter!

---------------------

The Twitter stuff is fun, everyone is having fun with it. No wrestler is really mad on Twitter until they start deleting stuff or re-tweeting a bunch of fan tweets about not getting pushed enough.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Ivelisse sucks but I still can't believe anyone signed those LU contracts or didn't ask for a release at the end of season 4. I know the scene wasn't as hot when LU started, but loving lol at being stuck in that unending contract right when wrestling companies are competing to sign people left and right.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

"Nobody imagined when they first signed that it'd be as much of a disaster as it wound up being" is the only thing I can think of

Yeah, I get that no one could predict at the beginning. But per Joey Ryan and others, they gave people the opportunity to leave after Season 4 and get out of the contract. At the end of Season 4, only the most deluded of human beings could think staying with LU was a good idea, unless literally no other promotion on Earth would book you. Which seems to be the case with Ivelisse, so I'm not sure why she's complaining when she could have left like everyone else.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

She's also been collecting the stuff forever, before the big boom in prices, so it probably wasn't that bad. Before stuff exploded you could pick up games for dollars at any thrift store.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I love this feud where I get to watch the babyface New Daniel Bryan beat up the heel homophobic redneck conservative while also getting to pontificate on the evils of American capitalism.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

You'd think after all these years Kairi would remember where the ring is usually located, but maybe she's really near-sighted.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Is this what the Monday night wars would have been like if Twitter existed? Lenny Lane, Mark Enos and Silver King passively aggressively bitching about not getting enough tv time?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Does WWE even know where Lars is at this point or does he just randomly tweet and delete at an undisclosed location?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I hope WWE continues to pay TJP to never wrestle or be on TV.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

If it's one thing that could get me interested in Bray again, it would be him reverting to Husky Harris and having a stable of big fellas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDPk6OQkpeI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

yea ok posted:

@RealKingRegal: Arn was a good agent. That's all I'll say on the matter.

what could it mean?

Regal has a good head for this stuff as he was super cautious about saying anything during the Benoit tribute RAW.

Man, Arn did something hosed UP