Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Somebody can't hit the jump on Koopa Troopa Beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Textbook leg drop. He should've flipped and gone for a Harlem Hangover.

Seriously, though; What a stupid, irresponsible dick. They could've been killed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Haven't seen Raw. Wasn't going to. Totally will now.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

I miss him, but I can never get into Puro. Just not for me.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

HulkaMatt posted:

Because it's usually good???
Respect.

No, it's just the language barrier. It's a better reason than I have for not watching ROH. That black ring just drives me nuts for some reason. I can't get past it.

But if WWE goes full steam on Bryan Danielson, I might not have to watch TNA anymore.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Edit: Sorry. Awful Betamax problem.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Almost all of those people rolled their eyes and were in no way inspired by The Rock. They showed up because it beat the hell out of cleaning poo poo and because they got to meet a celebrity. He had a famous father and they didn't, or some other excuse. Whatever. Most will write off his advice.

One of those guys, however, is sure to take it to heart. He'll remember that for the rest of his life, and it'll motivate him to be a better person. That makes it all worth it, and makes me smile. Prison reform is desperately needed in this country, and anybody who doesn't treat inmates like lost causes is a loving saint in my book.

I've been a prisoner. It's so much worse than anybody can possibly imagine, and this includes people who already know it's the worst.

Good for Rock. That's friggin' awesome.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Yeah. It really seems like the entire roster has lost all hope that TNA will ever be taken seriously.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

You're thinking of his brother, Chris Park. Joe is a very intelligent, if naive, lawyer. A partner at his firm, even!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

MassRafTer posted:

Oh so he's Eugene with a twitter. Cool.
No. Naive and disabled aren't the same thing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

MassRafTer posted:

Guess what, naive people can spell and know the difference between a Disney Cartoon and a club. If you like to laugh at that level of humor, great. But it's Eugene on twitter.

Edit: It was cute when he just did it with wrestling terminology. Then he started doing it with any sort of terminology. Now it's Eugene, or getting close to worse than Eugene, 2008 Abyss.
Why are you so mean and angry all of the time? Seriously. Eugene and JBL as GWB champ is why I stopped watching wrestling for almost a year for the first time ever. Eugene was mocking the people my wife teaches for a living and even before that was the case I found it distasteful. You, on the other hand, are hating on a comedy character being naive for the sake of comedy and comparing him to that character; one of the most offensive characters in wrestling history. And not even because of something that happened on television, but something he posted to his twitter account to make people laugh, which I did.

Do you want to be the world's biggest wet blanket, or what? Why are you how you are? Did you complain about Mankind being retarded in '98 too? Did you talk to all of your friends about how they were stupid for thinking he was funny because they're plebeians and don't understand REAL humor?

The guy was out in Vegas and made a Chippendales vs. Chip N' Dale pun on twitter for laughs. You're treating it like anybody who likes him is a dumbass. We're not. He's funny, and you're wrong.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

I'm afraid to ask, but what's the thread title all about?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Wow. Thanks. That's... that's a thing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

In 25 years, tons of kids are going to be asking their parents why all of their pictures from this time period are in a weird anachronistic color pallette.

I'm going to have to explain to my nephews that their mother thought it was worth tinting perfectly good pictures because it was the style at the time and it's not entirely her fault.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

sportsgenius86 posted:

is this before or after they ask who Dixie Carter is and why there are so many photos of her in your house
I'm not sure who you think you're talking about, 'cause I've always thought Dixie was a clueless money mark. TNA is godawful and I now can't wait for them to die.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

It's not Real American, though. It's American Made.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

The Shaman of Cum posted:

jake snake is ticking me off on twitter.
Was there something besides the Bray thing? Because that seemed like a pretty big compliment.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

I totally want Jake to be in a Rumble.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

A majority of Pharmacy Time With Lance Storm is spent on SSRIs, which are to treat anxiety and depression.
And obsessive compulsive disorder.

It makes me sad that Lance and Brian Kendrick have something this nuts in common.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

oldpainless posted:

You have a bodyslam match at Wm 30 to commemorate the one held at WM 1. Its like bookends.
They're like poetry. They rhyme.

All seriousness: I would watch two bigass motherfuckers hoss it up trying to slam one-another.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

HulkaMatt posted:

The segments those two had were loving weird.
The one where Brock kissed Kurt and the crowd went nuts was pretty surreal.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

A lot people tend to assume that being Barry Horrowitz, for example, is failing.

A good analogy would be that in the acting world, Jaleel White is seen as a giant sob story. He can never be taken seriously after being Urkel. But that dude can do whatever he wants to do for the rest of his life and his grandchildren will have the same. Even if he blew every dime he had, this would still be the case after risiduals.

I'd rather be Barry Horowitz than the biggest star on the indies. My priorities don't lie in being famous or seen as a badass in a fake sport. It's why I don't feel too sorry for Samoa Joe. He wanted to be with his family, so he signed a contract with a company that would allow him that luxury.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

I know all that was English, but I didn't understand a word of it. What is happening in that tweet?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

I've re-read it, like, six times and I can't understand a word of it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Is that a logo for something I should know?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Shima Honnou posted:

There's nothing finer than Scott Steiner.
The phemomenon.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Nut Bunnies posted:

No, they're just really dumb. WWE is a television show that exists in its own universe. Calling attention to stuff that exists outside of what's shown kills the suspension of disbelief.

I though the original pipe bomb promo was garbage because even though it was delivered well, it made NO sense within the story that had been told or frankly any of WWE. It was like Jax on Sons of Anarchy bitching about how bad the writing has gotten.
I can't think of a single comment of that promo that was out of the scope of the on-screen product.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

epitasis posted:

lol if you think that title reign recouped punk a fourth of his heat
Seriously. 434 days of being a second-class champion behind John Cena didn't get him back to the point he was at just after he won the title the first time. And it's not even close.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Gavok posted:

"WOR DOR PURPLE!"
"Coach Z, I told you to leave like an hour ago."

Thank you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Great White Hope posted:

"By god, Tenay, could it be...it is! That's Rolf Wiggler!"
Nick Nameth will do fine as a name, I think.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

WWE started a big mystery angle and ended it with Hornswoggle.

This happened not once, but twice.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

bobkatt013 posted:

I am almost positive drowning pools let the bodies hit the floor was one of their shows theme.
ECW during the InVasion, then again when it was the third brand until two days after Benoit killed his family. It was replaced by the original ECW theme for a week, then replaced with something else that evidently was very forgettable.

Edit: actually, two days after the PPV Benoit missed after killing his family.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2014 around 06:51

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Endless Mike posted:

RIP big gold belt
It was just on Raw on Monday.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

OmegaBR posted:

It's on youtube? Seems like the kind of thing people would buy the Network for just to see it.
That's the pilot. Blackman's show was on Youtube too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Michaels used #MRA on twitter. Does this mean he's a men's rights guy? Because that would be incredibly disappointing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Well just so long as he hasn't thrown in with the dipshits who think men are the real persecuted minority.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

You couldn't possibly be any dumber.
Because I didn't know about Michaels' hunting group and its name/unfortunate acronym?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Onmi posted:

Because you don't know what the MRA are, I'm Australian and I know what the MRA are.
The fishing and hunting group, Men's Rights Activists, or some third thing I'm supposed to know about?

#MRA is something I've seen used when people make dipshit posts on Social Media about how women are taking all of men's rights away. It was a fair question, and you're an rear end in a top hat for calling me stupid over trying to clarify.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Angular Landbury posted:

I live in Seattle where almost every cause imaginable seems to have a political group and organizes protests on a regular basis and I have never heard of anything about any men's rights nonsense outside of the internet.

By an extension of that logic, I would expect Shawn Michaels to have never heard of some fringe internet cult when he was naming his hunting show.
Seattle wouldn't put up with that poo poo. It's like Wal-Mart. We keep that poo poo in Renton where it belongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BITCOIN BATMAN

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I would postulate to the jury that if you follow Shawn Michaels on Twitter and see a tweet like https://twitter.com/JoshIshmaelcam/...651313176223744 or https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/s...292822691463168 or any of a thousand other mentions of his hunting show pop up on the timeline, and your first thought is about a totally irrelevant Reddit movement, then, yes, you are a bigtime fucker idiot, who also has the biceps of a little bitch, and I could easily kick sand into your face.
Dude. I don't use twitter. I saw one tweet posted here about how he was going to hang out with some friends that said #MRA. I asked a question to make sure it didn't mean what I thought it meant, and you freaked out and said I couldn't be any dumber like a giant goddamned man-child, wrongly assuming that I

A.)Use twitter

B.)Follow Shawn Michaels

C.)Know about his hunting show, and

D.)Read every tweet he ever sent out.

Calm down. Not everybody knows everything you do. It doesn't make you a genius, and it doesn't make them idiots.

«3 »