Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, Storm always struck me as a rational and intelligent guy by the admittedly abysmal standards of the business, that sucks to read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Miles O'Brian posted:

I didn't like the tapped out chants simply because it means that tapping out will remain something that top faces will never, ever do.

Exactly. There's even going to be less of a chance of Cena or Sheamus ever tapping out now because they're not going to want to risk their top faces receiving that chant.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I really should start tracking down NXT, from the reviews I've read it features more guys I'd want to see than Raw, and it's not going to suffer from being overly long.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Spending money of a man who is pretty liberal in some things

I mean look at the money he has given http://www.newsmeat.com/billionaire_political_donations/Ted_Turner.php

Here's Vince's from the same site. http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Vince_McMahon.php

All his donations unsurprisingly went to GOP pols and PACs, but it's kind of funny to see that he tossed some money at Chris Shays both in '06 and '08. Also of note to me as a PA resident was his donation to Santorum in '06 when he lost his bid for a third term. I know Vince's politics certainly don't align with mine, but I'm still kind of surprised he donated to such a PTC style religious right politician in another state.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Is he working us? Because Cena seems to have magical regenerative abilities so I don't know if he can be hurt for long.

Observer seems to be leaning that way. http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/27560-cena-update

quote:

John Cena in a series of twitter messages has said that he spoke to Dr. James Andrews, who operated on his elbow yesterday, and it will be six weeks before he can wrestle again. He was ripping on the WWE web site for saying he would be out for two to three weeks. Again, his stuff is often storyline so who is to say, particularly with him going so hard against his own company's site as opposed to just a correction. From a time line standpoint, a true six weeks would be a few days after the Hell in a Cell PPV he's scheduled to headline against C.M. Punk.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hopefully the WWE will let him use it, that would really give him something cool and unique.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

nasboat posted:

Pretty strong words from a guy who sold weed out of the Taco Bell drive thru window.

Wasn't that Ian? What promotion does Axl run anyway?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sionistic posted:

Actually this would make Steen a heel in the eyes of ROH fans

I just did a search on Twitter and I surprisingly and thankfully haven't seen any negative responses to his rname change and request.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ed O'Neill's a BJJ black belt?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

"@Sheltyb803" posted:

Hey is the rumble over? How'd I do?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

There were also people in there that seemed to be put in without their knowledge or consent. It strains credibility that Arda Ocal would've signed up for that unless it was some kind of joke.

I know there was another female wrestler in there other than Lufisto (Courtney Rush?) who was quite pissed that her real name was publicly released without her approval or knowledge.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The more I see of them I really think DDT Pro and Tajiri's various feds would be my favorite promotions of all time if I understood the language.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

There's plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike the Pope IMO, but attacking him for being an unenthusiastic teenage Hitler Youth conscript is kinda dumb.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I would. It is hosed up.

Yeah, I'm not even an amateur wrestling fan, but axing it as an Olympic sport to make room for golf is absurd.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sir Jebus posted:

Apparently he was announced as El Generico as well.

Did he have a match?

I'm elated that it looks like he's keeping the gimmick, I'd almost rather prefer he gets a new name though because I'd hate to think of him signing the rights over.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

He's probably doing everything he can to move up in the company after they soured on him.

Dude listens to The Smiths. I have never met someone who listens to The Smiths and was Right Wing/Libertarian.

My brother's an anti-immigration Republican who tends to lean libertarian on other issues and happens to be a huge Smiths/Morrissey fan.

I still agree that he's trolling given the #InternmentCamps and #MartialLaw hashtags.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 18, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sorry, wrong thread.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

She's following Ric Flair in addition to basically every WWE twitter account. Probably a good indicator we might be seeing more of him soon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's certainly a nice gig for her, but I'm really wondering the the gently caress they bothered hiring SDR to train models to work 2 1/2 minute matches ending in a rollup.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That @VinceMcMahon account must actually be legit, Stephanie's following him now. Of course, it remains to be seen if he'll ever use it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

In related news, Barry Horowitz tweeted to Bill and Colt that they were the #1 and #2 best Jewish wrestlers of all time.

I can't see Goldberg doing it, but that would be an incredible KoT team.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

njsykora posted:

Context: WWE unmasked El Generico. The internet is PISSED.

I love Big Dave sometimes.

That alone makes me glad that I threw him my :10bux: + 1 a few days ago.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRanTer posted:

Uh, is this part of his gimmick now or what? Huh?

In all seriousness this is definitely part of his gimmick and fits in with the vaguely Raven-esque promos he's been giving since he lost to Hallowicked. One could certainly argue this puts him firmly in the "Heel with legitimate grievances" camp though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I was assuming he was referring to Weiner Turtle's ongoing gam and foot fetish, but if not then cheerfully withdrawn.

Ah poo poo, that's what happens when you browse on a phone.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gotta say that wasn't something I ever expected to see.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If you follow indie wrestling at all @fightsteenfight is a must follow.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The fact it's got so high, and I think it will crack the top 30, is a drat near miracle. The WWE's viewership over here isn't all that high - the average viewing figures for both Raw and Smackdown over here is 125,000. That Fandago's theme has sold enough (as of midnight Thursday into Friday) to even get into the chart is, as I said, a damned miracle

Obviously the time slot is horrible for you guys, but I'm still surprised the ratings are so low. As an American judging solely by the Internet it almost seems like wrestling's more popular over there than it is here judging by the high percentages of British fans you see here and elsewhere online.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Karmine posted:

Bryan Danielson :colbert:

Claudio, Generico, and Steen also genuinely seem like decent guys in addition to being incredible wrestlers.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jesus Christ, it just gets worse.

Is it possible for anyone to commit a crime without it being a :tinfoil: conspiracy so Obama can take people's guns away?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Davey Richards has a new twitter account under his real name, ROH just tweeted about it.

https://twitter.com/RichardsWesley

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

A month or so ago when Generico was unmasked, a friend of his that posts here was saying that his heritage was more interesting than just being French-Canadian and that he spoke a third language which no one would probably be able to guess.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grab Meatcastle posted:

All the accounts they're tweeting there look like those weird rear end role play accounts people have where they pretend their whole circle of friends are celebrities. I see a fake Ryder, a fake Wade, possibly a couple of fake divas too.

Odds are its one of those.

Yeah, I remember finding a Kevin Steen RP account a few months ago which led to a bunch of others. Weird as gently caress. I think Generico's the only guy who actively uses dual twitter accounts under both his indie and WWE names because of the difference in personas.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Eh I dunno, back in the day I used to do e-fed stuff. It was kinda fun, writing your own wrestling matches and angles and whatnot.

But I guess this isn't quite the same as that.

Yeah, I did some e-fed poo poo years ago as well. Big difference IMO between that and RPing as actual wrestlers pretending to be in relationships with each other and other weird poo poo. I kinda laugh at the giant sprawling Colony e-fed on the Chikara message board, but there's nothing really wrong with that kinda stuff.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress, I hope that's televised and not a dark match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, that's probably even stranger than Charmin giving the Batiri free toilet paper after a shoutout.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's a loving shame to read that especially since he's the top guy in the company, but let's be honest, as others have has been said already no one should be shocked that a stars and bars clad backwoods chicken farmer who often makes religious references on twitter is a homophobe.

Perigryn posted:

Does Mark ever say this sort of thing?

Msrk's fortunately not on twitter

oatgan posted:

This isn't the first time he's tweeted something like that. Its probably not even the 3rd or 4th time he's tweeted something like that

Delaware is in the north, dawg

IIRC what he said in '11 was actually even worse but people were hoping he was just heeling it up. Certainly doesn't have that excuse now...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This was taken from a message board and not directly from his twitter so I can't be 100% certain of its veracity, but here's the 2011 tweet I was thinking of.

quote:

jaybriscoe84 Jay Briscoe
To all da hoes, sluts, skanks, he-shes, she-hes and homos that be whorin it up on da eastcoast... this hurricanes for you #GodDontFuckAround

They were heels at the time and many people just chalked it up to that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's nice to be reminded that some guys seem pretty cool outside the ring and not just while on the job:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bocc Kob posted:

But Jay Briscoe is one of Ring of Honor's employees? :confused:

I'm sure just like with the WWE he's considered an independent contractor, and its at least more accurate in this case since ROH guys can take outside bookings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRanTer posted:

Zeke is the smartest twitter man.

After the discussion of Nick's tweet I honestly thought that was the Young Bucks' brother with the odd Biblical name for a minute (it's actually Malachi) since I haven't thought about Zeke for over a year.