Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

When someone made the Michael Hayes = Kenny Powers connection on this board it explained essentially everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's incredibly unlikely the Angry Black Guy Stable wouldn't have ended up kind of stupid or out-and-out offensive but even that would have been an improvement for the WWE midcard right now which at this point is basically Rusev/Swagger and Dolph/Miz and everyone else just sort of vaguely exists or does comedy spots prior to jobbing and appearing in hilarious merch sale segments.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The "SSSTTTOOOOPPPP" scream followed by graceful, unrepentant enzuigiri in that match is legitimately one of my favorite wrestling heel moments. Kenny Omega is basically the best.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't think the problem is Brock as a performer, he's shown he can put on good matches when the person he's booked against is someone we're supposed to perceive as a threat--Dean just was not at any point whatsoever presented as that kind of threat, not in the buildup and especially not in the match itself, so said match got the one-sided suplexes/F5/pin treatment just like Dean was Kofi, and that was completely loving stupid and one of the most shortsighted creative decisions they've made in a long, long time.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Devil Bird Thing posted:

God loving dammit. Show this type of poo poo on Smackdown and have Bray Wyatt win the occasional match.

When you look at the legitimately likable, entertaining character work they do web-only, between the Wyatts or things like Breezango's backstage hijinx, it puts into even greater focus how much of the shows are loving wasted on McMahons talking.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/punkrockbgmouth/status/802194124292112384

the new day cloning project has begun

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is Phil Baroni when he's just being himself:

quote:

NS: Are you a nerd at heart, like play video games or read comics?

PB: gently caress no. I hate that poo poo with a passion. I think it’s gay as gently caress and a waste of time.

NS: Do you have any advice for the nerds on how to get girls?

PB: Do steroids, lift heavy weights, get contacts, go tanning. And stop playing all those gay loving video games. You can’t get pussy in front of a TV playing games with your geeky friends. Go out to night clubs and bars, hit the beach. If you got money, floss. Whatever you do, don’t be yourself.

Phil Baroni is the elemental spirit of late-90s wrestling and MMA. He is exactly the kind of trash person the industry used to subsist on.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If you're enough of a jackass to still think miscegenation is a sin, you're DEFINITELY enough of a jackass to think it's okay to say it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Alaois posted:

wait a second

Angelo Dawkins is fuckin still in NXT?

He's now half of a legitimately popular tag team called the Street Profits, but that popularity is 99% Montez Ford being the physical embodiment of charisma and Dawkins being the Jannettiest motherfucker on the planet.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

It'd probably seem pretty appealing until you found out how horrible it is to work there. Just watching, you'd be like, wow I could write better than this in my sleep.

The first wrestling buddy I ever made on the internet (much) later got a job in the WWE's web content department and wound up working in creative, which he described as exactly as difficult and unpleasant as you have heard.

Except Stephanie. Only had good experiences with her, oddly enough.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, Enzo's rap is if anything trying way too hard to emulate the sound that's currently popular, he just isn't actually good at rapping and it sounds like he paid a producer $10,000 for $5 of work he did in a ten year-old version of Frooty Loops.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The best part is the official hype package for Surfer Sandman was set to loving "Big Shot":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Ai8lTXnlo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

fart blood posted:

The tweet he's responding to is protected. What does it say?

https://twitter.com/TheMemeharaja/status/1021314466032390144

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

coconono posted:

he knows Rand Paul is super racist right? right?

He's an avowed libertarian who sought political office in a Tennessee county that's 90% white, I'm pretty sure he more than knows

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is still less embarrassing than The Resurrection of Gavin Stone.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Gavin Stone was supposed to be one of the better Christian movies though.

It is. This is still less embarrassing than The Resurrection of Gavin Stone.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Austin Aries says he's high-level, but I saw him lose to TJP, so he can't be that good.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Christ, how'd he die?

Terminal illness. Apparently it'd been pretty bad a year or so ago when he mostly vanished and he said his goodbyes a few days ago.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Christ I used to think she and her family were so endearing.

Bayley's almost-heel turn was just too much for them.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

When the CWC was ongoing I was desperately hoping they'd find some way to sign Kota Ibushi, and now I'm just endlessly glad they didn't.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Josh Barnett once joked that a female MMA fighter should be subjected to anime tentacle rape after she missed weight for a fight. Josh Barnett has many bad opinions about things.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The most accomplished MMA trash talkers speak in either word salad or stolen wrestling promos. Chael Sonnen owes Buddy Graham some loving cash.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My appendix exploded without me realizing it, and I wound up needing multiple tests, emergency surgery, a week in the hospital with a drain inside me and staple removal afterward. I have corporate insurance, so my bill was $2000.

Just after moving here and thus before coverage was a possibility, my girlfriend went to the ER after not being able to hold food or water down for two days. She got one test and some zofran, and was diagnosed with food poisoning and sent home. Her bill was $20,000.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

Okay so who is this guy?

half-canadian yet inexplicably american conservative talk host who went from being a childhood voice actor on Arthur to lying about being assaulted by democrats and incisive commentary like 'unmarried women are sluts'

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Corey's just going out of his way to follow in the footsteps of his real inspiration, Joey Styles.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TJP's the kind of dude who believes everything he's ever thought is original and brilliant.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

NXT must always have a minimum of one onscreen character who is a large, strong racist.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

Is that just because she took credit for the women’s main event? Or did she do something else even dumber?

No, that tweet's from 2017 when she freaked out in mid-match, shot on Rosemary for no apparent reason and broke her arm.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If you wanted to create the perfect test bed for "will the WWE refuse to release absolutely anyone just because," Mike Bennett is the ideal

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

there is room in professional wrestling for Danhausen and Minoru Suzuki both

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm pretty sure that New Day figurine haunted Pierre Delacroix at the end of Bamboozled, jesus christ.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm pretty sure i joined because I was an evil teenage pirate and the files forum had really good comic book torrents.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I Before E posted:

People seem to really like Gulak in WWE, so good for him I guess for being the best CWC success story.

The best part is he did legitimately reinvent himself on 205 Live and become one of the WWE's most compelling heels, and then in this past shakeup they promptly brought him to Smackdown, reset his character back to comedy jobber, and took him back off television.

Mustafa Ali is the only person to come out of 205 and retain any dignity or momentum.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

How did H say that with a straight face when everyone knows talent almost always goes to Twitter as a last resort because the office is ignoring their concerns?

What part of Triple H's career makes you think he has anything resembling shame?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

The part where he wouldn't let video game blogs show him on his rear end?

DoctorGonzo posted:

his constant history rewrites to put himself more over than he really was?

Precisely; there is no point at which he has demonstrated any degree of shame about just saying things are whatever he wants them to be regardless of what actually happened or is happening. Like, when Shane thought things were bad and weren't going the way he wanted them to, he fuckin' left. HHH is the McMahon son.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

Apparently graves apologized after spending days in denial?

It's the worst, most "sorry if you were offended" kind of non-apology. He spends more time explaining his enjoyment of stirring up controversy than actually addressing or apologizing for the thing.

edit for quote:

quote:

“I sent out a tweet. It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show. It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things and it was not meant to offend, disrespect or disparage anybody, that was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply, that was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody any undue stress, especially a co-worker.”

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 27, 2019

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

"gently caress you, lose my number" is some serious teen drama

I don't know what you're talking about, Jim Cornette is very mature.

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1225214587986948097

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Baron Corbin's entire career is based around an anti-smark gimmick so he should probably be extremely glad Meltzer exists.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't understand the Nia hate and Becky lynch is my favorite wrestler in WWE not named Daniel Bryan. She got a great match out of Rousey and if you're still mad about the botched punch...I mean why? It catapulted Becky's career to the highest a woman has ever been in WWE.

Owen Hart breaking Steve Austin's neck led to the beginning of the Austin vs McMahon story, therefore it is in fact good that Owen Hart broke his neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

I'm assuming she meant This woman who was the one who sang Chris Jericho's theme at Revolution

And her response is:

https://twitter.com/meredithbellpb/status/1258160170774994946

which shortens to "she's lying, plus I was drunk, plus I've been assaulted before, and now I'm getting off twitter forever"

It would be cool if we could get through a week on wrestling twitter without a sexual assault crisis.