Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DannoMack posted:

And picking up chicks.

I heard he's like an 8/10, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

In real-life: It was an agreed upon scene involving two actors. Do you hate Nicholas Cage for that part in Wicker Man where he runs around punching women while in a bear suit?

In storyline: A woman willingly agreed to enter a match.

Either is pretty different from a dude beating the poo poo out of his girlfriend.

Anything scripted I have no problem with, because that's the name of the game when it comes to things wrestling. Though, I've been hoping for years we'd end up with a woman becoming world champion.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VanSandman posted:

You do realize that merch sales are a gigantic part of their revenue, right? Not exploiting this would be stupid.

Seriously, it seems like they're under the same rules as most bands. While less people pay for the albums/DVDS and PPVs, live shows and merch are what sell.

Anyway, was about to throw money away on a Punk shirt next paycheck, will probably buy this instead if it's cool.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Frilled Lizard posted:

Laughed way too hard at this:

Also saw this

CM Punk posted:

Public enemy number one. My mortal enemy. Crusty punks who have dogs.

Punk talks about the real issues.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Meltzer should be a dick and out Punk if he was the guy who wanted to do an interview in January before the office shut him down.

For... doing what every wrestler before him has done and talk crap about "dirtsheets."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

"u took everything from me i worked hard for"

Wait, I thought Lashley quit the WWE for her and not the other way around?

Lashley left because "creative has nothing for you" when he came back from injury.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tato posted:

The greatest thing Lashley ever did was feud with Simon Dean. I desperately want that feud to be recreated with Ryback so he can eat the platter of burgers rather than ominously glaring at it.

Loser has to eat a dozen burgers. It's a regular Ryback match, but after the Shellshock, Ryback lays down and pulls his opponent over him, then just goes face first into the plate of burgers and starts eating.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

But when CM Punk turned heel Cena said "THE ONLY REASON HE HAS HAD THE TITLE FOR SO LONG IS BECAUSE HE DOES ANY SNEAKY TACTIC TO KEEP IT" even though he had been winning clean for months!!!

Wasn't that between Summerslam and Night of Champions? When the closest thing to a "sneaky" tactic was stealing Cena's pin in a triple threat, and earlier in the match they both made Big Show tap out...

It was like they wanted you to hate Cena for being a hypocritical, lying gently caress until CM Punk practically started strangling puppies to get booed over Cena.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 5, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pffft, Kane already did that to him last year.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:smith: Now I'm sad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Great White Hope posted:

What I learned from that is that there are people who watch WWE regularly that don't know what The Pope is.

Hey, lay off them. Just because you watch WWE doesn't mean you also follow TNA.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also, he did not want to feel the BANG.

There's a "Catholic officials are pedophiles" joke here somewhere...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cromulent posted:

I remember reading a few weeks back that WWE had hired a new social media director/executive/whatever, so I guess that explains the whole Social Media Smackdown/Vince and co on Twitter/fan Touts on Raw (ugh).

I want to punch that man square in the dick.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

Its hard not to love Prince Devitt anymore than before but this, this is amazing.

This is awesome. Devitt's cool but TAKA is and has always been awesome.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

Except Brock talks like a normal human being?

Dude, did you see the "feelings" promo last year?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aries, do you have stairs in your house? Are you protected? Please respond in this thread TIA

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I hope he's at least washed that mask by this point.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

89 posted:

Why do you guys have your dicks wrapped around Austin Aries's Twitter so much? Everybody has their own opinion about whatever, jeez.

Also, Steen wouldn't need a heart monitor or running shoes :D.

Aries account spotted. Quit blocking goons you coward!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Intoxication was never one of the 3 Is

Dude, it took over for "Integrity" years ago :rolleyes:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If it was a part of something to promote a match or do something wrestling related you would have a point. But the reason people are mad is that if you boil down what he said its basically "Gays can get married that's cool I guess if you agree but gently caress gay people being gay is horrible." Nobody's mad about the violent imagery they're mad he's so angry about homosexuality and is expressing it on such public forum with so much hostility.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The hosed-up part is that by this point, Dixie's probably too powerless now in her own goddamn company to do anything about it if she even wanted to. There's a ton of middle management that wasn't there before, and I'm sure if Bischoff or Prichard or Hogan or whoever wanted to keep someone like Aries around, they'd probably find a way to save his job even if Dixie was demanding he be fired on the spot. :sigh:

Dixie hates women so I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a poo poo anyway.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRanTer posted:

There are Brock Lesnar shirts.

I love you.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Semprini posted:

Of course, if he does get over despite not being on TV, then he will have fallen into the trap.

Lets all remember that "They gotta get themselves over!!!" is practically PR bullshit so they don't have to talk about the real reasons why the writing constantly falls apart.

Man, I don't think I've seen Curt Hawkins since he laughed at Heath Slater during Wrestlemania 28, even as just a jobber.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DM Punk posted:

Note: Vin's donation amount was $20.

Wow... if I've got more for some of the lovely small bar shows I've played bass there's unquestionably some bad pay going on in CHIKARA.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tato posted:

TNA is really the ideal place to take a rest and heal up after the WWE schedule. You'll get paid, you don't have to perform that often, and 99.9% of the WWE audience has no idea TNA exists, so when you come back they'll think you haven't wrestled in years and be very excited.

Real American hitting during the Royal Rumble would make people flip their poo poo.

Getting thrown out of the ring would break his fake hip.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also considering a big factor of what happened to him in WWE was based around casual antisemitism, why shouldn't he be mad?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

What's the story here?

Jews can't be wrestlers unless they're Barry Horowitz-esque jobbers is an attitude held by more than a few people in the back, I've gathered from various interviews.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I have never once heard of him being fired for 'being a Jew', though I absolutely believe that's what Cabana thinks.
We talked about this earlier, but yes casual anti-semitism in WWE is definitely part of the reason he wasn't given a chance.

I swear people look for any excuse to jump on the dude. We're talking about this now because he had the audacity to hype his video using the phrase "Wrestling's Last Real Heel" because people got legitimately violent at him for his act. And now he's being compared to Zack "being bitter at creative is my gimmick" Ryder because he talks about his WWE experience in less-than-positive light? Give me a loving break!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

This should be good

Mother of God...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Being rude to fans is one thing, but liking Ricky Gervais is going too far in the rear end in a top hat stakes

The worst post.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Skunkrocker posted:

a surprise entry pop

I don't think Evan Bourne has to worry about getting one of those.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

THE GAYEST APPAREL posted:

Oh Batista has a movie coming up about a talking tree and cartoon raccon in space I guess he's really the winner here!

Movie's gonna bomb.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Like all the other Marvel films

Because Rocket Racoon has the same pull as any other Marvel superhero.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Iron Man did not really have any pull and neither did Blade.

More than the cartoon racoon superhero does. Maybe I'll be wrong, but this feels like its going to end up as Marvel Films' Green Lantern rather than the next big franchise.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

but it's not funny when HHH does it because

Triple H never called King a pedophile in public but he would be cooler if he did...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

There's a whole world of difference between getting an English announce team and putting out the money to get one of the biggest names in wrestling commentary of all time.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thank god that was just a baseless rumor.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wrestlemania 27 feels like Vince's final middle finger to Atlanta and the old WCW fanbase in general.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

John Cena can't fly or do the kamehameha wave.

Easy victory for Goku.

You see, these just sound like odds that Cena might possibly have to... overcome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Most of the main stars in WWE are just their real life personas just turned up a notch or two.

I want to see Cena chug a bottle of vodka and drink a 24 pack of beer with Ric Flair on TV while cheating on his wife. I guess he'd have to get a new wife though...