Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

fart blood posted:

So, was Dick Murdoch in the KKK or is that just a rumor? Because whenever I see Dick Murdoch, I can absolutely picture him in a white robe yelling "White power!"

I think Dusty said he was and they tagged a lot. I'm going from hazy memory though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

StarkRavingMad posted:

make suggesting that things should be bannable bannable

Make bananas bananable

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

One of my ex's grandpa once said that Seattle should have an atom bomb dropped on it to stop all those liberal fags.
I guess we'll never know if his plan would have worked. :-(

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Perry Normal posted:

I didn't get a screen cap, but Chris Masters tweeted something in favour of firing JBL before deleting it about 20 mins later. "#fireJBL, he sucks, trust me I know" or something like that.

When he was in WWE before, he tweeted something in favour of taxing billionaires to fund medical care/social services, and I replied to him saying his boss was a billionaire, and he said something like 'good point' and deleted the tweet. I like Chris Masters.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
At the Belfast show, ACH was going through the crowd asking people if they were Rovert. Not Dublin though.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Luigi Thirty posted:

It’s so loving weird that Vince is a big fat racist yet absolutely adores MLK.

Vince never struck me as someone who goes for introspection, tbh.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

from some googling he loves MLK because "he was a risk taker"

"In a strange way, Hitler was the ultim-"

Vince McMahon hall of fame speech, 2040.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I was at ringside for the wxw match. It was amazing, absolutely electric.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I remember reading that Disco was one of the people who actually did move ratings to some extent for WCW. Like, people would watch him for a minute or two.

This maybe be bollocks but I did read it somewhere, anyone remember anything like this?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

AkumaHokoru posted:

THASTS HIM?! HOLY gently caress

It's really strange watching him as the Amazing French Canadian in WCW because he's a big fat piece of poo poo (tanned, sleazy looking) who is bursting with muscle and is also flying off the top rope. I thought he'd be dead by now to be honest.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I saw about 3 minutes of Minoru Suzuki and Kana, and felt ill. I have seen a couple of decent indie shows but anything where the men deal lots of offence makes me queasy.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you think Enzo's rap sounds like anything hitting top 40 right now then you're just admitting you have no idea what popular rap sounds like right now.

I think music is just too darn loud.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

There's a guy in the comments begging Cody to put Enzo into ALLIN and claiming anybody who says that is a stupid idea is "triggered", then Cody just shows up and goes,"That's not gonna happen" thus proving Cody owns.

And that guys name was Enzo Amore.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

She's getting Roman Reigns/Cena reactions at her home promotion OTT now. For in and out of the ring reasons. But general she's a bit of a stale holdover from a previous version/era of the company and booked too high up the card relative to her in ring.

Yeah the last Tivoli show she was booed but it was a weird miscalculation. The match wasn't billed as being comedy, and it had Zack Gibson and Pete Dunne in it, people wanted them to lock up, then the way the match went, Martina was in the ring way too much getting the poo poo beaten out of her, and the bad guys were getting pops for doing so, because they wanted Pete in there. Oberhausen didn't help.

With that said she did alright at the contenders show. I was pissed off she was in the six man at the main show, but the 3 team tag at contenders felt like a mea culpa. She didn't do any shenanigans and got the poo poo beaten out of her.

She's not the best wrestler by any means and the gimmick has definitely reached its limit, unless she freshens it up.

Edit: I actually think she's quite nice as a person fwiw.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There are only 3 good John Wayne movies (Searchers, mcLintock!, and the Quiet Man) , and True Grit ain't one of 'em. The remake is awesome, though.

Hateful words about Stagecoach imo.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Red River is also good.

Teeler Yancy: I shouldn't have run away. I should have stayed and put a bullet in you. I signed a pledge, sure, but you ain't the man I signed it with.

Thomas Dunson: You finished?

Teeler Yancy: Yeah, now you can get your Bible and read over us after you shoot us.

NOW THAT'S A JOHN WAYNE MOVIE.

Also the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and Rio Bravo. And Rio Lobo if you like that sort of thing.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jun 27, 2018

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

I love Jordan.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

forkboy84 posted:

Him looking genuinely happy at getting a bunch of bread is touching but the UK fans could have probably stumped for a good sourdough loaf or something better than Hovis.

In Ireland he was given handmade sourdough loaf as well as a slice of Brennans.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

jesus WEP posted:

someone throwing bread into the ring and kojima eating it is my favourite thing that ever happened in wrestling

My seat buddy gave him the loaf, to a round of applause and forced banoffee balls onto Naito. Golden moments.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I don't know the whole story either, though I'd probably think a referee telling you to "take it home" is in fact relaying a message from management. Then again I'm not a wrestler and maybe referees do sometimes go into business for themselves like that.

Rovert or Von Linus were probably both there and would know more about the situation.

e: already beaten by rovert

were the fans there into the Elite's bullshit at least or was it just masturbatory nonsense?

I was there,

They were told to take it home because the timing was bad, Then Cody got on the mic and talked for 10-15 minutes about how they were going to maybe do All In in Dublin, RIGHT HERE IN DUBLIN IRELAND, and got the crowd really hyped up (which is another massively disrespectful thing to do to the hosting promotion, Tommy Dreamer did the same thing where he said he'd bring House of Hardcore to Dublin and really sell out a bigger venue).

Then people either A were exhausted from the long show, B) Cody's promo excitement or C) leaving for the buses.

Jordan had a good match after but they struggled to get the crowd into it, and it was supposed to be Devlin's coronation as the face of OTT.

On a podcast later, Cody poo poo talked the ref, Foxy for doing his job, and telling him to bring it home, so Cody lost a lot of popularity in Ireland in the wake of it.

Edit: Yeah they were into it. But it was still masturbatory stuff that they were told there wasn't time for.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol nothing says you're doing great like turning up to your old employers and making a scene with a T-Shirt that says "I'm doing Great".

I'd love to do this.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

That's unfortunate. Was Cody's promo to set up for a future event? Was it necessary to cut the promo in the first place?

This was before All In, the branding for the OTT show was entirely 'BEING THE ELITE', so it was all about them. They drew the house to be fair to them. But the promo wasn't to set up anything to do with OTT, it was entirely for them to promote All In and in all likelihood, to waste time because they had been told not to waste time.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

What dicks.

Well, looking at what Cody said (hadn't seen it before I typed) in response. To be charitable, maybe he hadn't been told there were times to hit. But the promoter is very aware of timings for his shows (although the Stadium shows tend to run long). I would doubt he hadn't been told there were times, it just would be really odd.

I'd also be surprised that Cody thought that the main event wasn't important and that it was all about him\the Elite. Yeah they drew the house, but if they were supposed to main event, they'd have main evented. They were there to draw people to look at Devlin win the belt.

And as for Brandi, this all went public because Cody started poo poo talking Foxy in a podcast. If anyone is looking for the lack of respect, Cody didn't respect his time, didn't respect the ref when he was told the time, went long after the match was over and then poo poo talked the ref after.

OTOH he kind of apologised in the tweet so maybe it's a storm in a teacup. But if I was Jordan I'd have been pissed. Or Foxy, or the promoter, or any of the other lads who were working the show.

I did the meet and greet and he seemed very nice, and he's always seemed pleasant. Maybe it was just a bad day for him, he had a bad match because one of his lads was concussed, so maybe he wasn't in a great mood.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 19, 2018

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

I still can't believe I never got that The Varsity Club gimmick was that Sullivan was their drug dealer :doh:

WHAT

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Aesop Poprock posted:

And yeah I still like Dreamer even if he's a chud because he seems like a good guy otherwise. A lot of chuds are just dumb idiots who support things because the people presenting the ideas present them in the way that resonates to them. I know tons of perfectly nice republican dudes who are just literally incapable of seeing past black and white reasoning unless it interferes with their daily life

When he came to do a show in our promotion, he started talking poo poo about it, and saying that he was going to come back and sell a bigger place out with House of Hardcore. Then he gave the soundboard guy poo poo for playing his music after he lost, then he gave the soundguy poo poo for playing his WWE theme, not Man in the box. He looked sour as gently caress the entire time, rude and standoffish at the signings.

That show he was the main star of actually drew the poorest of any show in the past 3 years, but that's not the point, it's a cuntish thing to talk poo poo about about the people that brought you over.

He really came off as a dick. Maybe it was a bad day for him or something.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

Little weirdo is a very little Dublin/Irish insult.

I hope she busts out shitehawk at some point.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rovert posted:

Ronda Is A Bleein' Sap shirt by February.

Charlotte is a dirtbird who sells drugs to kids Sweatband

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Draxion posted:

Yeah, Session Moth does one too.

She did one where she pulled a used condom out of the front of her leggings, and did a mandible claw with it, then the next show she pulled one from the front and one from the back and did double mandible claws.

In context, hilarious. I could see how just seeing a clip and having no idea of her character etc. it'd be too much.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TTBF posted:

I'm mainly confused as to why anyone would think they'd use a different method of birth control. Things like condoms and pills can be forgotten, left behind, etc so an implant makes the most sense.

There's lots of reasons why women choose different methods of birth control. That's why there are so many forms of birth control rather than just the one.

Also this is weird.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

I remember his set of matches with Bryan, and that Erick Stevens one, he was a loving wrecking ball. I was so eager to see the next one in the series. It's a shame now. Hope he picks himself up.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

AKA the BBC in the 1960s. :v:

TBF storage was limited, and those tape spools were expensive, and the idea that there was long term value in Dr. Who with nerds was a madman's dream.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

STAC Goat posted:

I knew JYD from a Saturday Morning Cartoon. I definitely don't buy that Lethal has that kind of exposure.

That cartoon made it to Europe. No chance more people know Lethal.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Numero6 posted:

Tom Magee reminds me of Chuck Palumbo in WCW.

I saw Chuck Palumbo last night on WCW Greed. He looked like a steroid goofball with a terrible face.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Davros1 posted:

Remember when Punk used a slur and everyone defended him?

Didn't he give a full apology:
CM apologized via Twitter, saying, "...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words.

"C.M. Punk had a busy day on Twitter. "Making same sex marriage illegal is the same as having segregated drinking fountains," Punk wrote. "Embarrassing. The human race is embarrassing." When a homophobic follower told him that "homos make me sick," Punk responded by writing, "Kill yourself."

After Raw, Punk apologized for the "kill yourself" line. "I was pretty worked up today," Punk wrote. "The amendment 1 situation had me all wound up. I stand by my thoughts on gay marriage 100%. How I defended that stance was 100% wrong. I admit it. You can't stoop to others levels. Sometimes I fight fire with fire and it isn't ways the best way."

Punk apologized to the homophobic follower and then wrote: "I don't want you to kill yourself. I want you to better yourself. Just as I want to better myself. I'll start by being the better man and once again, apologize for my harsh reaction to your opinion of homosexuals making you 'sick.'

"Sorry y'all. If I let anybody down, I apologize. I'll make it up to ya and move forward with a better understanding of others feelings." Follow Punk on Twitter at Twitter.com/CMPunk.

It was a bit separate from Rhea saying it was a no no word.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I used to be a little bit taken aback by SA's attitude towards cops, but now I'm like where do you even find these guys? I mean, we obviously have racist, abusive cops in the UK too but the comparatively few rear end in a top hat cops I've met tend to at least be equal opportunity assholes when it comes to things like race.

have you seen the stats for stop and search in the UK and how many BAME vs. white people are stopped?

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/stop-and-search/latest#by-ethnicity

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

stephanie and hhh have been givin regular pep talks at weekly tv and major shows to try to up morale

I've worked and do work in companies where management tell you how great you are while also telling you how important it is that they don't pay you more/give you advancement/brush over issues. Mostly with US multinationals. I always wonder do they play differently in the states, because all they ever get here is stony silence and murderous gazes.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Big Huski Boi posted:

There are bills in both the House and the Senate that would do it, and it's cheaper than what we're doing now (i.e. massively subsidizing the private insurance industry, not going to doctors until it's too late, dying).

E: the bill is detailed enough to the point of allocating funding for job placement for people whose jobs would be erased by the extinction of the insurance industry

Isn't Warren's thing that she has a plan for whatever? (and she's in favour of MCFA).

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

STAC Goat posted:

Is there a reason we give him the benefit of the doubt? Like is he a really noted good guy in same way I don't know about? Or is it just a "we have enough confirmed scumbags already so lets just hope for the best" thing?

He did some charity stuff before, he was always doing gofundmes and that on the indies and with ROH. I spoke to him about it when he come through OTT he seemed genuine.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

tao of lmao posted:

I disagree.

A friend of mine asked me to join at the time. I had gotten sick of the site I was on (a1wrestling which was full of arseholes, and had Holzerman, and Dylan Waco among other moderately infamous wrestling twitter people. I think it was at the tail end of torrents being freely available, and I liked the tv and wrestling discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Ospreay's twitter is just wellmeaningly stupid, it's not a sort of ferrety evil like some others.