Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hey, anyone here ever preorder an Omnibus from Amazon? With the stock issues marvel has had with their most recent omnis I decided to preorder the Uncanny X-men Omnibus Volume 4 and it was expected to deliver on March 5th. March 5th comes and suddenly the omni is listed as out of stock and my order page lists the expected delivery date as March 15th.

Has Amazon done this with anyone else and should I be concerned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Nyeehg posted:

Hey, anyone here ever preorder an Omnibus from Amazon? With the stock issues marvel has had with their most recent omnis I decided to preorder the Uncanny X-men Omnibus Volume 4 and it was expected to deliver on March 5th. March 5th comes and suddenly the omni is listed as out of stock and my order page lists the expected delivery date as March 15th.

Has Amazon done this with anyone else and should I be concerned?

I would contact them right away. Best case scenario they'll tell you when it's expected to be delivered. Worst case scenario it's not coming and you'll get your money back sooner.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

I would contact them right away. Best case scenario they'll tell you when it's expected to be delivered. Worst case scenario it's not coming and you'll get your money back sooner.

Well apparently I can expect it to be delivered on the 14th. They didn't give a reason but at least its still coming.

Considering the only Claremont X-men Omnibus I'm missing is inferno it would be poo poo to miss out on this.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I'm slowly accumulating X-Men and X-Men related comics in omnibuses and OSHCs and was wondering where Asgardian Wars fits in. Is it in a gap in the omnibuses that'll probably get filled in and collected at some point? Or should it have been included in an already published omni but wasn't?

Antifa Turkeesian
Aug 20, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm slowly accumulating X-Men and X-Men related comics in omnibuses and OSHCs and was wondering where Asgardian Wars fits in. Is it in a gap in the omnibuses that'll probably get filled in and collected at some point? Or should it have been included in an already published omni but wasn't?

It would be in Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 5, which hasnít been announced yet but probably will be. Itís also in the most recent X-Men Marvel Masterworks, which is one volume away from catching up to the Mutant Massacre omnibus, so those two Marvel Masterworks plus maybe some content from Mutant Massacre will probably be vol 5 of the X-Men omnibus. (I too have just gotten into the X-Men omnibuses)

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It would be in Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 5, which hasnít been announced yet but probably will be. Itís also in the most recent X-Men Marvel Masterworks, which is one volume away from catching up to the Mutant Massacre omnibus, so those two Marvel Masterworks plus maybe some content from Mutant Massacre will probably be vol 5 of the X-Men omnibus. (I too have just gotten into the X-Men omnibuses)

Thanks!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

In case you thought DC was done openly spiting god, they've recently announced a Justice League Dark (new 52) omnibus that will come in at an obscene 1640 pages.

Other new omnibus announcements include:

-Deathstroke (Rebirth) omnibus
-Batwoman (Rebirth) omnibus
-The Books of Magic omnibus vol. 2
-Batman: No Man's Land omnibus vol. 1
-Green Arrow: The Longbow Saga omnibus vol. 1
-Batman by Scott Snyder (New 52) omnibus vol. 2
-Batgirl of Burnside omnibus

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

JordanKai posted:

In case you thought DC was done openly spiting god, they've recently announced a Justice League Dark (new 52) omnibus that will come in at an obscene 1640 pages.

Other new omnibus announcements include:

-Deathstroke (Rebirth) omnibus
-Batwoman (Rebirth) omnibus
-The Books of Magic omnibus vol. 2
-Batman: No Man's Land omnibus vol. 1
-Green Arrow: The Longbow Saga omnibus vol. 1
-Batman by Scott Snyder (New 52) omnibus vol. 2
-Batgirl of Burnside omnibus

I assume that should be Longbow Saga 2?

Finally on the 2nd Snyder omni. And pleased about Books of Magic, was worried that they would drop it after the first one. But IMO it seems DC has been much better recently on putting out (and sticking with) their omnis. Now if they'd only put the rest of the Unwritten hardcovers out (or omni it).

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

As I understand it, DC is poo poo when it comes to reprinting omnis, right? So my chances of finding a Neal Adams Batman omni for less than $175 are pretty much nonexistent?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Happy Hippo posted:

As I understand it, DC is poo poo when it comes to reprinting omnis, right? So my chances of finding a Neal Adams Batman omni for less than $175 are pretty much nonexistent?

I would not count on it, no. They do reprint omnibuses from time to time, but it's not a regular undertaking of theirs.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So as it turns out, that Superman by Grant Morrison omnibus has more issues than a lack of page numbers. Sholly Fisch is incorrectly credited as "Sholly Finch," a few issues are in the wrong order, and one of the pages is missing speech bubbles entirely. DC quality control does it again.

According to Bleeding Cool, DC will send retailers fixed replacements for every removed spine they receive. No word on what individual consumers can do to get a replacement, unfortunately.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Happy Hippo posted:

As I understand it, DC is poo poo when it comes to reprinting omnis, right?

Let's not pretend that Marvel is any better. I'm still waiting on the fifth hardback collection of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl for example.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

From what I've noticed, at least Marvel in particular, they take community feedback into consideration. A few omnibus have been reprinted just due to demand and fan input...

Captain America by Brubaker
Daredevil by Brubaker or Bendis (I forget)
Annihilation
Annihilation Conquest
Wolverine
Loki
New X-Men
The Ultimates
I think a bunch of Spiderman too.

Personally, I would much rather they print out a "ton" of them and backlog them, while they focus on omnibuses that haven't been printed before... Gwen-Pool, newer Wolverine etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Hickman FF Vol 1 Omni Reprint is up for $89 on Amazon right now to pre-order.