Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody know if DC ever released a collection of Dini's Detective Comics run? I remember really liking it when I was reading singles.

Maybe it was terrible and it's all nostalgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Corbet posted:

Does anybody know if DC ever released a collection of Dini's Detective Comics run? I remember really liking it when I was reading singles.

Maybe it was terrible and it's all nostalgia.

Batman: Detective, collects #821-826, April 2007, ISBN 978-1401212391
Batman: Death and the City, collects #827-834, November 2007, ISBN 978-1401215750
Batman: Private Casebook, collects #840-845 and DC Infinite Halloween Special, November 2009, ISBN 978-1401220150 (Hardcover: December 2008, ISBN 978-1401220099)
Batman: Heart of Hush, collects #846-850, March 2010, ISBN 978-1401221249 (Hardcover: April 2009, ISBN 978-1401221232)

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

wildlele posted:

Batman: Detective, collects #821-826, April 2007, ISBN 978-1401212391
Batman: Death and the City, collects #827-834, November 2007, ISBN 978-1401215750
Batman: Private Casebook, collects #840-845 and DC Infinite Halloween Special, November 2009, ISBN 978-1401220150 (Hardcover: December 2008, ISBN 978-1401220099)
Batman: Heart of Hush, collects #846-850, March 2010, ISBN 978-1401221249 (Hardcover: April 2009, ISBN 978-1401221232)

Also, #838 and #839 are in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul TPB.

Jeremys Iron
Aug 18, 2006

"Now if you'll excuse me, it's 8 O'clock, Time to get Bizzay"

Takei is Okay posted:

In the previous thread, Jeremy's Iron asked:

Only the Silver Age Omniboo -- or more properly, the Omniboo that used to be 3-4 Masterworks volumes -- have letters pages. All the rest don't. Basically, it's the Masterworks editor slipping in a little bonus material.
So does that mean that the Masterworks have letters pages too?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Got my Walter Simonson Thor omnibus in the mail today. Opened it to find that some jackass had probably damaged it at the warehouse. The top of the spine and the tops of the pages a quarter of the way into the book were sliced in half. Didn't even take it out of the protective (ha!) plastic wrap. Just had to put it back in the box and repackage it.

Just created the return and requested a replacement. Does anyone know how long that takes? I know it says if they don't receive the original item within 30 days they charge for the original item as well. Does that mean they'll send me a replacement right away? I'd better not have to wait until they receive the original, seeing as how they already charged me $72.

Oh sweet excitement, how quickly you turn to bitter disappointment. :(

e: Oops, meant to say I got it from Amazon.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 7, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

UncleMonkey posted:

Got my Walter Simonson Thor omnibus in the mail today. Opened it to find that some jackass had probably damaged it at the warehouse. The top of the spine and the tops of the pages a quarter of the way into the book were sliced in half.

Just created the return and requested a replacement. Does anyone know how long that takes? I know it says if they don't receive the original item within 30 days they charge for the original item as well. Does that mean they'll send me a replacement right away? I'd better not have to wait until they receive the original, seeing as how they already charged me $72.

Who did you buy it from?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Who did you buy it from?
Oops, sorry. Amazon.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

UncleMonkey posted:

Got my Walter Simonson Thor omnibus in the mail today. Opened it to find that some jackass had probably damaged it at the warehouse. The top of the spine and the tops of the pages a quarter of the way into the book were sliced in half. Didn't even take it out of the protective (ha!) plastic wrap. Just had to put it back in the box and repackage it.

e: Oops, meant to say I got it from Amazon.

They send the replacement out that day usually. You won't get billed unless you don't return the original book. Amazon has a pretty sweet system for returning things. You absolutely won't get screwed over.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Cool, thanks!

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Jeremys Iron posted:

So does that mean that the Masterworks have letters pages too?

Nope! Letters pages are pretty much exclusive to Silver Age Omniboo. I think they're the Masterworks editor's way of making his Omnis a tiny bit more special than just "three Masterworks stapled together."

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Just a heads up, Top Shelf is doing one of its $3 sales for the next few weeks. Even if there's nothing you really want, for $3 you could just pick stuff at random and probably get your money's worth.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

funtax posted:

Just a heads up, Top Shelf is doing one of its $3 sales for the next few weeks. Even if there's nothing you really want, for $3 you could just pick stuff at random and probably get your money's worth.

Nice! Thanks for this, just ordered 8 books from the $3 and $1 lists.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

funtax posted:

I really like David Yurkovich's comics. Death By Chocolate: Redux collects his three one-shots about an FBI agent made of living chocolate, working for the Food Crimes Division, and Less Than Heroes is an early work (and kind of crude compared to some of his later stuff) about a team of low-powered but well-intentioned loser superheroes. For $3 each, you can't go too wrong with those!

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I really like David Yurkovich's comics. Death By Chocolate: Redux collects his three one-shots about an FBI agent made of living chocolate, working for the Food Crimes Division,

This has to cross-over with Chew.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I really like David Yurkovich's comics. Death By Chocolate: Redux collects his three one-shots about an FBI agent made of living chocolate, working for the Food Crimes Division, and Less Than Heroes is an early work (and kind of crude compared to some of his later stuff) about a team of low-powered but well-intentioned loser superheroes. For $3 each, you can't go too wrong with those!

I bought both of these, I'm excited to read them.

Full Order posted:

(1) Death by Chocolate - Redux @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) Pinky & Stinky @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) The Playwright @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) Second Thoughts @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) Less Than Heroes @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) 110 Per¢ @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) Hutch Owen (Vol 1): The Collected @ $3.00 -- $3.00
(1) The Man Who Loved Breasts @ $1.00 -- $1.00

They all look really good, I'm really excited about the art in The Playwright.

Flight 230
Nov 16, 2006

We stand as the manifested equivalent of three buckets of water and a handful of minerals. Those very buckets turned upside down supply the percussive factor of forever.
Did the Ultimatum event ever make it into over-sized hardcovers? NOT intending on buying, just curious. That's the format most of my ultimate books are in, and if I was to see them for a few pence in a few years time...

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Flight 230 posted:

Did the Ultimatum event ever make it into over-sized hardcovers? NOT intending on buying, just curious. That's the format most of my ultimate books are in, and if I was to see them for a few pence in a few years time...

Yep, it was packaged with Ultiamtes 3 into an OSHC, there is also an Ultimatum Companion OSHC tying up all the ongoing Ultimate titles going into the event and the Requiem titles.

Flight 230
Nov 16, 2006

We stand as the manifested equivalent of three buckets of water and a handful of minerals. Those very buckets turned upside down supply the percussive factor of forever.
I've seen this one pop up on Ebay a few times, as well as the alternate michael turner cover, but it appears to have a "premiere edition" marking on the front. That's what's confused me.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=59209

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Flight 230 posted:

I've seen this one pop up on Ebay a few times, as well as the alternate michael turner cover, but it appears to have a "premiere edition" marking on the front. That's what's confused me.

There is also a Premiere Edition that just has Ultimatum and is standard trim size.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I really hope DC puts out another Showcase of Warlord. I just finished reading volume one. A really fun book, once you get past the kind of cliched, goofy premise. Mike Grell's artwork is gorgeous in black and white. Definitely one of my favorite Showcases so far.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

TheManWithNoName posted:

I really hope DC puts out another Showcase of Warlord. I just finished reading volume one. A really fun book, once you get past the kind of cliched, goofy premise. Mike Grell's artwork is gorgeous in black and white. Definitely one of my favorite Showcases so far.
I took my copy to Burning Man and read the whole thing in two days while waiting for the sun to go away. Really great stuff if you like Conan-esque sword and sworcery stuff, and not overwritten like so much of the comics from that period, so it makes for an excellent page-turner. A lot of the Showcase/Essential stuff kinda drags but Warlord is one of the few that I think could work as a comic being released now. Saying "the art holds up" is borderline insulting because it's so well done.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zachack posted:

A lot of the Showcase/Essential stuff kinda drags but Warlord is one of the few that I think could work as a comic being released now.

Except Showcase Presents Warlord was published as they started a new Mike Grell Warlord series. Care to guess how many months it lasted?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I've been hoping for a while that they would release a nice version of the Cooke/Brubaker/Stewart Catwoman stuff and I just noticed this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Catwoman-Vol-1-Darwyn-Cooke/dp/1401233848/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1315916353&sr=8-4

Pretty far away, but man I hope it is embiggened. That art deserved it.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

The art does deserve the oversize treatment but, as it's a paperback, it'll just be plain old regular size.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I've been hoping for a while that they would release a nice version of the Cooke/Brubaker/Stewart Catwoman stuff and I just noticed this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Catwoman-Vol-1-Darwyn-Cooke/dp/1401233848/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1315916353&sr=8-4

Considering that I own and love the original four TPBs of that run, I highly recommend the new edition to anyone who likes Brubaker. It really is a great run with gorgeous art, and made me give a poo poo about Catwoman for the first time ever.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So does is the later volumes going to include the stuff that wasn't released in tpbs?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

So does is the later volumes going to include the stuff that wasn't released in tpbs?
We'll find out together!

edit: I wonder how they would handle that, as the 3 issues before the final Brubaker issue are War Games crossovers--are they standalone enough?

War Games! :argh:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 13, 2011

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

That would be nice.
Does anyone know if this is the follow-up to the Great Darkness Saga HC that came out last year?
Edit: AND is the Annhilators HC (this, unless I'm mistaken) an OSHC or just a premier hardcover?

Fight My Dad! fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 14, 2011

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Does anyone know if this is the follow-up to the Great Darkness Saga HC that came out last year?

Sure is.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Glenn Danzig posted:

Sure is.

Pre-ordered the poo poo outa that mofo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Annihilators is oversized AND available in two covers.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

That would be nice.

Rhyno posted:

Annihilators is oversized AND available in two covers.

Can you tell if the one I linked is the right one? loving Amazon UK.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Can you tell if the one I linked is the right one? loving Amazon UK.

There is only 1 Annihilators HC and it's oversized.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=32348

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

There is only 1 Annihilators HC and it's oversized.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=32348

There are two covers, I have both sitting at work because I couldn't decide which to buy. One is the team, the other is Rocket Raccoon & Groot.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There are two covers, I have both sitting at work because I couldn't decide which to buy. One is the team, the other is Rocket Raccoon & Groot.

Same book, different dust jacket. :nyd:

What I meant is, there is only an OSHC of this title, not a separate Premiere and OSHC, if you are ordering an Annihilators HC, it's going to be oversized.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is there any difference between the UK Marvel trades made by Panini and the US Marvel trades? There's this guy that that has a few I need but he has the Panini trades. Any difference between the spines or the size? They'll be going on a shelf with other Marvel trades in the same series and I'd rather they not look out of place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Same book, different dust jacket. :nyd:

What I meant is, there is only an OSHC of this title, not a separate Premiere and OSHC, if you are ordering an Annihilators HC, it's going to be oversized.

There's a huge difference! One cover is awesome and the other cover is RACCOON AWESOME.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

That would be nice.

Deadpool posted:

Is there any difference between the UK Marvel trades made by Panini and the US Marvel trades? There's this guy that that has a few I need but he has the Panini trades. Any difference between the spines or the size? They'll be going on a shelf with other Marvel trades in the same series and I'd rather they not look out of place.

Yeah, they're about as different as trades can get. Totally different spines, covers, front and end-pieces, cover pages, bonus material... I mean, the actual comics inside are the same. I really regret the two panini trades I bought.
So, uh, steer clear.

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
Jesus, I can't find a copy of Secret Six: Depths trade anywhere, and the only copy on eBay is selling for $70+. What the hell, how can something that recent sell out so fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghost Boner posted:

Jesus, I can't find a copy of Secret Six: Depths trade anywhere, and the only copy on eBay is selling for $70+. What the hell, how can something that recent sell out so fast?

DC doesn't print large runs for collections of second tier books.