Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Ghost Boner posted:

Jesus, I can't find a copy of Secret Six: Depths trade anywhere, and the only copy on eBay is selling for $70+. What the hell, how can something that recent sell out so fast?

13 smackers here http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/1401225993/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1316258441&sr=8-1&condition=new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
I know no one likes dirty binding pictures, but here we go!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

I know no one likes dirty binding pictures, but here we go!

Why do you store your books upside down?

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Rhyno posted:

Why do you store your books upside down?

I just didn't rotate the picture :(

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

wildlele posted:

I just didn't rotate the picture :(

:confused: They're definitely upside down in the picture..

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

etcetera08 posted:

:confused: They're definitely upside down in the picture..

They are sideways on a shelf if that helps, they aren't upside down though. It is my temporary shelf before transferring to my storage unit. Gordon of Gotham is on the bottom, look at the way the ribbon falls.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

It's weird how that Terminator 2 video game ad will probably be forever imprinted in my brain, but I can't recall any ads from the last new comic I read.

Also binding your comics with the ads is a PRO move, they definitely add some nice nostalgia.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

wildlele posted:

They are sideways on a shelf if that helps, they aren't upside down though. It is my temporary shelf before transferring to my storage unit. Gordon of Gotham is on the bottom, look at the way the ribbon falls.

Ohhh, that makes so much more sense.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Excuse me has anybody brought the second BPRD hardcover? I ask this, because it's currently under review on amazon so i'd like to know if there are errors in it before I buy it from a third party. Thanks for the help.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

JackDarko posted:

Excuse me has anybody brought the second BPRD hardcover? I ask this, because it's currently under review on amazon so i'd like to know if there are errors in it before I buy it from a third party. Thanks for the help.

I bought it and didn't notice any glaring problems with it. However, i never read the source material to begin with, so i wouldnt have noticed if something was missing or out of order. My copy looks fine.

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

JackDarko posted:

I bought a copy from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and I didn't notice anything wrong with it. I think this is the second time that book has gone under review though, so I don't know what the deal is.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

The Missing Link posted:

I bought it and didn't notice any glaring problems with it. However, i never read the source material to begin with, so i wouldnt have noticed if something was missing or out of order. My copy looks fine.

BowieFett posted:

I bought a copy from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and I didn't notice anything wrong with it. I think this is the second time that book has gone under review though, so I don't know what the deal is.

Thanks guys I am going to go ahead and buy it from instocktrades.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Found a JLA Deluxe Vol 2 at MSRP this weekend when I went back to NYC, I am jazzed like a mofo. That makes 3 out of the 4.

Now, the ridiculous hunt for JLA Deluxe Vol. 1, when I've just moved outside Philly and only know of one comic shop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For any Amazon sellers, why does Amazon randomly delete items I list?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Picked up Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom today and I am kind of disappointed in the big Eisner Award nominee sticker that is not really a sticker on the front cover and the lack of a bookmark like the previous volumes. It is a small complaint but I felt like it added a nice touch.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Found a JLA Deluxe Vol 2 at MSRP this weekend when I went back to NYC, I am jazzed like a mofo. That makes 3 out of the 4.

Now, the ridiculous hunt for JLA Deluxe Vol. 1, when I've just moved outside Philly and only know of one comic shop.

I picked up volumes 1 & 2 for 60% below MSRP, now it's just a matter of saving up the money to get 3 & 4.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man
ABSOLUTE BATMAN: DARK VICTORY
Written by JEPH LOEB
Art and cover by TIM SALE
On sale MAY 23 • 408 pg, 8.25” x 12.5”, FC, $99.99 US
Presenting the classic tale of the Dark Knight from writer Jeph Loeb and artist Tim Sale for the first time in DC’s upscale Absolute format!
Collecting BATMAN: DARK VICTORY #0-13, this epic continues the story of THE LONG HALLOWEEN. It is early in Batman’s crimefighting career, when James Gordon, Harvey Dent, and the vigilante himself were all just beginning their roles as Gotham’s protectors.
Once a town controlled by organized crime, Gotham City suddenly finds itself being run by lawless freaks, such as Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, and the Joker. Witnessing his city’s dark evolution, the Dark Knight completes his transformation into the city’s greatest defender. He faces multiple threats, including the seeming return of a serial killer called Holiday. Batman’s previous investigation of Holiday’s killings revealed that more than one person was responsible for the murders. So the question remains: who is committing Holiday’s crimes this time? And how many will die before Batman learns the truth?

THE DC UNIVERSE BY ALAN MOORE HC
Written by ALAN MOORE
Art by JIM APARO, BRIAN BOLLAND, PARIS CULLINS, GEORGE FREEMAN, DAVE GIBBONS, KLAUS JANSON, KEVIN O’NEILL, JOE ORLANDO, GEORGE PÉREZ, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER, CURT SWAN, RICK VEITCH, AL WILLIAMSON, BILL WILLINGHAM, JIM BAIKIE and MICHAEL LOPEZ
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 304 pg, FC, $39.99 US
The work of Alan Moore (WATCHMEN, V FOR VENDETTA, THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN) during the 1980s is a benchmark for great stories with fresh approaches to iconic characters. Collected in this volume are all of Moore’s Superman and Batman stories, including ACTION COMICS #583, BATMAN ANNUAL #11, BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, DC COMICS PRESENTS #85, DETECTIVE COMICS #549-550, GREEN LANTERN #188, THE OMEGA MEN #26-27, SECRET ORIGINS #10, SUPERMAN #423, TALES OF THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS ANNUAL #2 & 3, SUPERMAN ANNUAL #11 and VIGILANTE #17-18, plus VOODOO #1-4, DEATHBLOW: BY BLOWS #1-3 and more!

STORMWATCH VOL. 1 HC
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Art by TOM RANEY, PETE WOODS, MICHAEL RYAN, JIM LEE, RANDY ELLIOT, SALEEM CRAWFORD and RICHARD BENNETT
Cover by TOM RANEY and RANDY ELLIOTT
On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 296 pg, FC, $39.99 US
Don’t miss this new collection of Warren Ellis’s STORMWATCH epics from issues #37-47, as The Weatherman transforms the team into a proactive, take-no-prisoners strike force. Starring Jack Hawksmoor, Battalion, Jenny Sparks, Apollo, Midnighter, Rose Tattoo and more!

FLEX MENTALLO: MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 112 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $22.99 US • MATURE READERS
Once he was Hero of the Beach...and of the Doom Patrol. Now Flex Mentallo, Man of Muscle Mystery, returns to investigate the sinister dealings of his former comrade, The Fact, and a mysterious rock star whose connection to Flex may hold the key to saving them both.
Don’t miss this deluxe hardcover collecting the four-issue miniseries from the team behind ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, including a special sketch section and recolored art.

FABLES DELUXE EDITION VOL. 4 HC
Written by BILL WILLINGHAM
Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM, STEVE LEIALOHA, MICHAEL KALUTA, JOHN BOLTON, CHARLES VESS, MARK WHEATLEY, JILL THOMPSON and others
Cover by james jean
On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 296 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
Bill Willingham’s hit series FABLES continues here, as issues #28-33 are collected for the first time in hardcover, along with the original graphic novel FABLES: 1001 NIGHTS OF SNOWFALL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

STORMWATCH VOL. 1 HC
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Art by TOM RANEY, PETE WOODS, MICHAEL RYAN, JIM LEE, RANDY ELLIOT, SALEEM CRAWFORD and RICHARD BENNETT
Cover by TOM RANEY and RANDY ELLIOTT

Sweet, been hoping for this one.

quote:

FLEX MENTALLO: MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY

Gonna do my best Roger Daltry here

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Some other good stuff

RESURRECTION MAN VOL. 1 TP
Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
Art by BUTCH GUICE, JOE PHILLIPS, TOM GRINDBERG, MIKE MCKONE and others
Cover by BUTCH GUICE
On sale JANUARY 11 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US
Issues #1-14 of the cult favorite series is collected at last!
Mitch Shelley can be killed, but every time he comes back, he has a different power – a new ability that sometimes is a blessing, sometimes a deadly curse.
His deaths and rebirths leave him disoriented, but with the help of a new friend, Mitch discovers bits of his past, although the origin of his powers remains a mystery. Meanwhile, Resurrection Man’s creators have set the ruthless female assassins called the Body Doubles on his trail. Also pursuing Mitch is a sociopath named Hooker, a test survivor like Mitch with one big difference: Hooker’s body is not repairing itself.

CATWOMAN VOL. 1 TP
Written by ED BRUBAKER and DARWYN COOKE
Art by DARWYN COOKE, BRAD RADER, CAMERON STEWART, MICHAEL ALLRED and RICK BURCHETT
Cover by DARWYN COOKE
On sale JANUARY 25 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US
Don’t miss this new collection of CATWOMAN: SELINA’S BIG SCORE, plus stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #759-762 and CATWOMAN #1-9, featuring the work of Ed Brubaker, Darwyn Cooke and more!

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS CHRONICLES VOL. 1 TP
Written by LARRY IVIE, WALLY WOOD and others
Art by WALLY WOOD, MIKE SEKOWSKY, GIL KANE, GEORGE TUSKA, REED CRANDALL and others Cover by WALLY WOOD • On sale JANUARY 4 • 248 pg, FC, $29.99 US
The first four issues of the sensational adventure comic originally published by Tower Comics are collected in this new series presenting the 1960s adventures of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents in chronological order for the very first time!

DC UNIVERSE: SECRET ORIGINS HC
Written by VARIOUS
Art by VARIOUS
Montage cover
On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 320 pg, FC, $39.99 US
The classic Silver Age titles are collected in hardcover for the first time, including SECRET ORIGINS #1, MORE SECRET ORIGINS #1, EVEN MORE SECRET ORIGINS #1 and WEIRD SECRET ORIGINS #1! Don’t miss the origins of Wonder Woman, the Superman/Batman team, The Challengers of the Unknown, Martian Manhunter, the Justice League of America, Aquaman, The Flash, The Atom, Bizarro and more!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Woah, they're releasing Fables v. 4 at a much faster rate than its predecessors (used to be every year). Awesome.

How's Dark Victory? Worth the Absolute treatment? I liked Loeb's Long Halloween.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Ugh I'm going to be broke. DC this is a stellar lineup of collected editions!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Corbet posted:

Woah, they're releasing Fables v. 4 at a much faster rate than its predecessors (used to be every year). Awesome.

How's Dark Victory? Worth the Absolute treatment? I liked Loeb's Long Halloween.
I thought Dark Victory was garbage. Art was like TLH (aka fine) but the story/mystery is worse than Identity Crisis. More trotting out Everyone's Favorite Character. And I read it before I was heavily into comics or knew the jokes about Loeb's writing patterns.

And for $100?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Glenn Danzig posted:

Written by ALAN MOORE
Art by JIM APARO, BRIAN BOLLAND, PARIS CULLINS, GEORGE FREEMAN, DAVE GIBBONS, KLAUS JANSON, KEVIN O’NEILL, JOE ORLANDO, GEORGE PÉREZ, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER, CURT SWAN, RICK VEITCH, AL WILLIAMSON, BILL WILLINGHAM, JIM BAIKIE and MICHAEL LOPEZ
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
The work of Alan Moore (WATCHMEN, V FOR VENDETTA, THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN) during the 1980s is a benchmark for great stories with fresh approaches to iconic characters. Collected in this volume are all of Moore’s Superman and Batman stories, including ACTION COMICS #583, BATMAN ANNUAL #11, BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, DC COMICS PRESENTS #85, DETECTIVE COMICS #549-550, GREEN LANTERN #188, THE OMEGA MEN #26-27, SECRET ORIGINS #10, SUPERMAN #423, TALES OF THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS ANNUAL #2 & 3, SUPERMAN ANNUAL #11 and VIGILANTE #17-18, plus VOODOO #1-4, DEATHBLOW: BY BLOWS #1-3 and more!

This is something like the sixth time they've printed this with slightly different contents.

OTOH, my copy is a very early soft cover (the one wit the missing text from Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow) so I may buy it anyway.

Resurrection Man and Catwoman are definite buys for me but I think if I were to get THUNDER Agents I'd buy it in Archives edition (just as soon as I wrap up The Spirit and Plastic Man).

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

xK1 posted:

I picked up volumes 1 & 2 for 60% below MSRP, now it's just a matter of saving up the money to get 3 & 4.

Where'd you find Vol 1 for that cheap? Any ebay auctions I see are from England, and once I convert the pounds and account for shipping, I might as well buy Rhyno's copy from his Amazon marketplace.

Which I am considering, Rhyno!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Where'd you find Vol 1 for that cheap? Any ebay auctions I see are from England, and once I convert the pounds and account for shipping, I might as well buy Rhyno's copy from his Amazon marketplace.

You're overseas? My Amazon account isn't set up to sell overseas but if you make a fair offer I could be convinced to sell it outside of there.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Oh no, I'm right outside Philly, I was saying that I was only finding reasonable prices for it in Australia or Britain.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

My local store was going out of business, and they just happened to have it on the shelf. I'm 99% sure they were previously on hold for an employee who left the company right before the closing sales, because I definitely would have bought them for regular price had I seen them there before.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Is that Alan Moore DC collection worth getting? Killing Joke aside, I haven't read any of his cape books.

AutoL
Aug 15, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Is that Alan Moore DC collection worth getting? Killing Joke aside, I haven't read any of his cape books.

Totally worth it. Most of the stuff is really good short story work, with a few clunkers mixed in there. The Green Lantern back-ups (which allegedly got Kevin O'Neill banned from DCU) almost make it worth it alone.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
I've received my Dark Tower omnibus. I haven't browsed through it yet but my back hurts. That thing seemed a lot worse than Thor.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Written by ALAN MOORE
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND

Does this not include Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? I would have thought that would be worth explicitly stating instead of putting it into the "and more" part.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Does this not include Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? I would have thought that would be worth explicitly stating instead of putting it into the "and more" part.

That is Superman #423 and Action Comics #583, they just didn't title it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That is Superman #423 and Action Comics #583, they just didn't title it.

Ah, cool. Thanks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo! The TeenTitans Games HC is old school Graphic Novel sized!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So assuming I want to own the "good" Power Girl comics (Amanda Conner) are there only two collections?
This one and this one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wdarkk posted:

So assuming I want to own the "good" Power Girl comics (Amanda Conner) are there only two collections?
This one and this one?

The entire series was good.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Rhyno posted:

The entire series was good.

What's the indicator that the trade is part of that series? Just look for Power Girl with Jimmy Palmiotti writing?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

This one and this one?
Those are all the Amanda Conner issues (all written by Palmiotti and Gray), yes. Grab Terra while you're at it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wdarkk posted:

What's the indicator that the trade is part of that series? Just look for Power Girl with Jimmy Palmiotti writing?

Judd Winnick's run was every bit as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Judd Winnick's run was every bit as good.

Agreed. I'm not the biggest Winnick fan, but I really liked his PG run and his Exiles run.