Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Anyone know the odds on Jason Aaron's Punisher Max coming out in OSHC/Omni? Thwipster has the regular HCs on sale today, and I need to decide if I want to wait.

Given that they're released the Post-Ennis / Pre-Aaron stuff in OSHC I'd say the chances of getting the new stuff OSHC'd is pretty high. Never can tell 100% though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Shameless posted:

Given that they're released the Post-Ennis / Pre-Aaron stuff in OSHC I'd say the chances of getting the new stuff OSHC'd is pretty high. Never can tell 100% though.

That was my original thought, but the OSHCs usually cover 2 trades, and now 3 trades are out and nothing has been announced.
I have the same worries with Ultimate Spiderman, but there've been enough name changes and renumberings that I don't know how many issues are out since the last OSHC.
E: I'll probably just hop on this deal, because Dillon's art doesn't really benefit from being a bit larger.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Ghost Boner posted:

Just got the first trade of Morrison's JLA(the new printing that they released in hardcover in 2009).

Any word on the second one, because I can't seem to find any information about it.

It is OOP, it will be difficult to find for under $80

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

StumblyWumbly posted:

That was my original thought, but the OSHCs usually cover 2 trades, and now 3 trades are out and nothing has been announced.

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect to see an OSHC until 8 month to a year after all the relevant contents have been available in trade paperback. And it did take a long-rear end time for Vol 6 to come out.

Given that it's Punisher Max, and it's Aaron, I fully expect an OSHC / Omnibus at some point.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

wildlele posted:

It is OOP, it will be difficult to find for under $80

I think he's talking about a potential paperback edition, not the HC.

Nothing's been announced yet (and I don't think it's even turned up as an Amazon fish) but I expect it will definitely be along at some point in the not too distant future.

Edit: Jeez, with this and my previous post I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic about both of the big-two's collected editions programs.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Shameless posted:

I think he's talking about a potential paperback edition, not the HC.

Nothing's been announced yet (and I don't think it's even turned up as an Amazon fish) but I expect it will definitely be along at some point in the not too distant future.

I think they are throwing in the Mark Waid issues in the TPBs making them potentially better than the HCs depending on your view

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
The Kamandi Omnibus is blowing my mind. What a steal for only $35. I'm trying to pace it out and only read 2 stories a day though so it will last but I just want to rip through it :(

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

wildlele posted:

The Kamandi Omnibus is blowing my mind. What a steal for only $35. I'm trying to pace it out and only read 2 stories a day though so it will last but I just want to rip through it :(

I ripped through it. It was a lot of fun. The stories get kind of repetitive, basically a different animal a week, but it's Kirby at his best. Can't wait for volume 2.

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009

wildlele posted:

I think they are throwing in the Mark Waid issues in the TPBs making them potentially better than the HCs depending on your view

I've read a couple of Waid's JLA issues and enjoyed them so no argument here. But hopefully the trades are released quick enough. Hopefully nothing longer than a 6 month gap.

Speaking of gap, I gave into my usual bookshelf OCD and bought the BPRD trades not collected in the hardcovers. I enjoyed reading them so much I just can't wait.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Wee, finally got my BPRD vol 2. Only two weeks after the rest of the order arrived.

The slipcase was not crooked this time, I guess that was the hold up. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been in NYC for the last few days on vacation and today we went to Time Machine comics and what do I find? Spirit Archives volume 14! Still shrink wrapped and it was on their 50% off shelf so I snagged it for $25! I love this town!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I've been in NYC for the last few days on vacation and today we went to Time Machine comics and what do I find? Spirit Archives volume 14! Still shrink wrapped and it was on their 50% off shelf so I snagged it for $25! I love this town!

I hate you so much.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

So if a local used bookstore had the entire Spirit series at about $30/book, I should buy them all? Because this will be my one chance?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zachack posted:

So if a local used bookstore had the entire Spirit series at about $30/book, I should buy them all? Because this will be my one chance?

Most of them can be found around that price. Volume 14 on the other hand is obscenely expensive. Volume 15 also seems to be a bit hard to find though you can usually get it around cover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So am I the only BSSer with a complete set then?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

DC solicitations

Deluxe books and classic reprints:

quote:

BATMAN VS. THE BLACK GLOVE DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by ANDY KUBERT, J.H. WILLIAMS III, TONY S. DANIEL, JOHN VAN FLEET, RYAN BENJAMIN, JESSE DELPERDANG, JONATHAN GLAPION and SANDU FLOREA
Cover by ANDY KUBERT
On sale MARCH 28 • 384 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US
Comic-book legend Grant Morrison (ACTION COMICS) joins forces with top artists including Andy Kubert (FLASHPOINT), J.H. Williams III (BATWOMAN) and Tony S. Daniel (DETECTIVE COMICS) in this new hardcover collecting BATMAN #655-658, 663-669 and 672-675!
First, Batman receives the greatest shock of his life when he discovers that he has a son. And sparks fly when the new addition to the Batfamily is introduced to Robin, the Boy Wonder. Which young hero will carry on the legacy as Gotham City’s protector?
Then, Batman and a group of global heroes face a killer on a mysterious island, and Batman relives an adventure in the life of young Bruce Wayne: the hunt for his parents’ killer.

BATMAN YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION HC NEW PRINTING
Written by FRANK MILLER
Art and cover by DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI
On sale MARCH 7 • 144 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $24.99 US
One of the most important and critically acclaimed Batman adventures ever — written by Frank Miller (BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS) with art by David Mazzucchelli (Daredevil) — returns in a new edition of the deluxe hardcover designed by Chip Kidd. In addition to telling the entire dramatic story of Batman’s first year fighting crime from BATMAN #404-407, this collection includes new introductions by Miller and Mazzucchelli, loads of reproductions of original pencils, promotional art, unseen Mazzucchelli Batman art, Richmond Lewis’s color samples, script pages and other surprises.

BATMAN VS. BANE TP
Written by CHUCK DIXON
Art by RICK BURCHETT, GRAHAM NOLAN and TOM PALMER
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 144 pg, FC, $14.99 US
The Dark Knight battles the powerful foe who once broke his back in this new, hard-hitting collection!
In these stories, reprinted from BATMAN/BANE and BATMAN: BANE OF THE DEMON #1-4, Bane is back – and he’s out to break Gotham City as he broke Batman. All he needs to get the job done is a few nuclear weapons! Guest-starring Ra’s al Ghul and Talia!

THE FLASH BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by SCOTT KOLINS, DOUG HAZLEWOOD, RICK BURCHETT, PHIL WINSLADE, DAN PANOSIAN and others
Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
On sale MARCH 28 • 648 pg, FC, $75.00 US
It’s the second hardcover volume collecting all the issues of THE FLASH written by comics superstar Geoff Johns! In this massive collection featuring issues #177-200 and DC FIRST: FLASH/SUPERMAN #1, an old friend of Wally West becomes the portal to another universe and Gorilla Grodd goes wild in Keystone City! Plus, don’t miss the Fastest Man Alive’s clashes with members of his infamous rogues gallery, including Captain Cold, The Trickster, the Pied Piper and more!

HAWK AND DOVE: GHOSTS AND DEMONS TP NEW EDITION
Written by KARL KESEL and BARBARA KESEL • Art and cover by ROB LIEFELD and KARL KESEL
On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 128 pg, FC, $14.99 US
Don’t miss this new edition of the title collecting the 5-issue miniseries from 1988, as these two dissimilar heroes meet for the first time and battle Kestrel, a Super-Villain intent on the destruction of Hawk.

DEADMAN VOL. 2 TP
Written by BOB HANEY, ROBERT KANIGHER, NEAL ADAMS and DENNNIS O’NEIL
Art by NEAL ADAMS and GEORGE TUSKA
Cover by NEAL ADAMS
On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
Neal Adams’s groundbreaking tales of Deadman are collected in this new trade paperback featuring BRAVE AND THE BOLD #79, 86, STRANGE ADVENTURES #214-216, backup stories from AQUAMAN #50-52 and CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN #74.

SUPERMAN IN ACTION COMICS ARCHIVES VOL. 6 HC
Written by DON CAMERON and ALVIN SCHWARTZ • Art by VARIOUS
Cover by WAYNE BORING and STAN KAYE
On sale JUNE 6 • 240 pg, FC, $59.99 US
Superman enters the post World War II era in these stories from ACTION COMICS #86-102. The Man of Steel helps out Hocus and Pocus, and fights the nuisances of The Prankster and Mr. Mxyztplk.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: YOUNG LOVE VOL. 1 TP
Written by VARIOUS • Art by VARIOUS • Cover by JAY SCOTT PIKE
On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 544 pg, B&W, $19.99 US
DC’s popular romance series is collected for the first time in this title reprinting YOUNG LOVE #39-56, featuring art by John Romita, Mike Sekowsky, Don Heck, Gene Colan, Jay Scott Pike and others.

I, VAMPIRE TP
Written by J.M. DeMATTEIS, BRUCE JONES, DAN MISHKIN, GARY COHN and MIKE BARR • Art by TOM SUTTON, ERNIE COLON, PARIS CULLINS, JIM APARO and others • Cover by JOE KUBERT
On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 320 pg, FC, $29.99 US
A cult favorite series is collected at last, from HOUSE OF MYSTERY #290, 291, 293, 295, 297, 299, 302 and 304-319 and BRAVE AND THE BOLD #195! Vampiric Lord Andrew Bennett turned his beloved Mary Seward into a vampire, hoping to keep her by his side through eternity. But what happens when her power turns her evil?

Nothing really surprising here as pretty much all of these have popped up as Amazon fishes recently.

Still not sure if I'll double dip on the G-Mo Bats OHC (who am I kidding, of course I will) but I'll likely be picking up Deadman vol. 2, I Vampire, Year One Deluxe HC and the Xombi trade.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

quote:

BATMAN VS. THE BLACK GLOVE DELUXE EDITION HC

I guess I will double dip too. This gets everything I like about GMo Batman (because everything since has felt flat to me). I really loved RIP.

Still would like more Absolutes :/

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I got excited for about ten seconds when I saw a Xombi trade in the solicits. Then I realized it's the recent series and not the original Milestone stuff.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Seeing as how I was the one that was worried about this the most, I want to say I am very pleased with the 100 bullets hardcover. The paper is excellent and the design is very good.

Here's some extremely poor cellphone pictures, the front dust jacket is very nice and you can't tell in these pictures but its embossed.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I got excited for about ten seconds when I saw a Xombi trade in the solicits. Then I realized it's the recent series and not the original Milestone stuff.

The recent series is still really good stuff though.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

JackDarko posted:

Seeing as how I was the one that was worried about this the most, I want to say I am very pleased with the 100 bullets hardcover. The paper is excellent and the design is very good.

Thanks for these. I've actually been meaning to ask in here about the quality of this book. Looks nice, I'm glad I held out on buying the series until now.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC

Written by STAN LEE Penciled by JOHN ROMITA with DON HECK, LARRY LIEBER, JIM MOONEY & MARIE SEVERIN Covers by HUMBERTO RAMOS & JOHN ROMITA

The Stan Lee/John Romita era starts here! Lee and Romita transformed the web-slinger into Marvel's top title with stories that raised your spirits, tore at your heartstrings and kept you on the edge of your seat. From the revelation of the Green Goblin's secret identity to the unforgettable entrance of Mary Jane Watson, these classics define Spidey to this day -- with star-studded debuts including the Kingpin, the Rhino and Captain Stacy; Spidey's disastrous first tryout with the Avengers; the iconic "Spider-Man No More!" issue; the true story of Peter Parker's parents; and an epic battle against the Green Goblin! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #39-67 and ANNUAL #3-5; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN MAGAZINE (1968) #1-2; and material from NOT BRAND ECHH #2, #6 and #11.

968 pages, $99.99.

Ramos Cover:

ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS BY MARK MILLAR OMNIBUS HC

Written by MARK MILLAR Penciled by CARLOS PACHECO, LEINIL FRANCIS YU, STEVE DILLON & STEPHEN SEGOVIA Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU All of superstar Mark Millar's ULTIMATE AVENGERS sagas, collected in one volume!

Captain America goes rogue to learn the truth about the Red Skull, and S.H.I.E.L.D. commissions a new team to bring him in!

A 7-foot-tall biker with a flaming skull has been brutally murdering the rich and powerful, and the White House orders the Avengers to take down the Ghost Rider!

The various vampire clans have united under a charismatic new leader encased in a salvaged Iron Man suit. Can Blade and the Avengers work together to stem the blood-red tide? Collecting ULTIMATE AVENGERS #1-6, ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 #1-6, ULTIMATE AVENGERS 3 #1-6 and ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS VS. NEW ULTIMATES #1-6.

608 pages, $75.

X-MEN: FATAL ATTRACTIONS HC

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, PETER DAVID, J.M. DEMATTEIS, JOE QUESADA, FABIAN NICIEZA & LARRY HAMA Penciled by Various Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

The thrilling saga that commemorated the X-Men's 30th anniversary is brought to you in its entirety! As Magneto's Acolytes amp up their attacks on Homo sapiens everywhere, the X-teams join forces to put an end to their mad crusade against humanity once and for all. And as a mysterious disease begins creeping through the mutant community, claiming the lives of hated foe and dear friend alike, which X-Man will buckle under the strain? Matters come to a head in the most shocking way possible, culminating in a shocking attack on Wolverine -- and a showdown between Professor X and Magneto that must be seen to be believed! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1963) #298-305, 315 and ANNUAL #17; X-FACTOR (1986) #87-92; X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #1-2; X-FORCE (1991) #25; X-MEN (1991) #25; WOLVERINE (1988) #75; and EXCALIBUR (1988) #71.

832 pages, $99.99.

X-MEN: MUTANT GENESIS 2.0 HC

Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, JIM LEE, JOHN BYRNE & SCOTT LOBDELL Penciled by JIM LEE Cover by JIM LEE

Magneto's future, Wolverine's past -- and the X-Men in between! From Asteroid M to Weapon X, Marvel's mightiest mutants are getting brainwashed wherever they go! Magneto acquires a new army, the Hand revives an old enemy, and it's up to the X-Men to stop either plan from succeeding! Acolytes, ninjas and more! Featuring mysteries from the history of Wolverine, with the first flashback appearance of Team X! It's the opening issues of 1991's "adjectiveless" X-Men like you've never seen them before -- remastered and recolored in modern style! Collecting X-MEN (1991) #1-7.

208 pages, $49.99.

SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER-ISLAND HC

Written by DAN SLOTT, RICK REMENDER, CHRISTOS GAGE & FRED VAN LENTE Penciled by BARRY KITSON, LEE GARBETT, EMMA RIOS, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, STEFANO CASELLI, HUMBERTO RAMOS, TOM FOWLER & MINCK OOSTERVEER Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

Start Webbing the News! New York City is Infested, and eight million normal people have gained Spider-Powers! But not all of them realize that with great power, there must also come...you know the rest. OK, sure, we often say Peter Parker's life will never be the same. But listen, pal, we've never been more serious. This will change everything for Pete, for Spidey -- and possibly for YOU! As the brilliantly fearsome Jackal rises from the past and begins organizing an army of spider-powered soldiers, how can the heroes of NYC hope to contain millions of wall-crawling New Yorkers? Plus: a dangerous new role for Venom -- and, nearly 50 years in the making, the story that MUST BE READ: J. Jonah Jameson: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAYOR?! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #666-673, VENOM (2011) #6-8, SPIDER-ISLAND: DEADLY FOES, material from SPIDER-ISLAND SPOTLIGHT and the INFESTED prologues from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #659-660 and #662-665.

376 pages, $39.99.

Glenn Danzig fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 21, 2011

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Glenn Danzig posted:

X-MEN: MUTANT GENESIS 2.0 HC

Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, JIM LEE, JOHN BYRNE & SCOTT LOBDELL Penciled by JIM LEE Cover by JIM LEE

Magneto's future, Wolverine's past -- and the X-Men in between! From Asteroid M to Weapon X, Marvel's mightiest mutants are getting brainwashed wherever they go! Magneto acquires a new army, the Hand revives an old enemy, and it's up to the X-Men to stop either plan from succeeding! Acolytes, ninjas and more! Featuring mysteries from the history of Wolverine, with the first flashback appearance of Team X! It's the opening issues of 1991's "adjectiveless" X-Men like you've never seen them before -- remastered and recolored in modern style! Collecting X-MEN (1991) #1-7.

208 pages, $49.99.

quote:

208 pages, $49.99.

quote:

208 pages, $49.99.

Ahahahahahahahaha

edit: Also, this is the third HC reprint for this material in 18 months. Bunch of piss-takers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I'm depressed.

With the acquisition of the last Spirit Archives I no longer have any old books on my must have list. The white whale has been slain and now I have no reason to exist.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Rhyno posted:

Well I'm depressed.

With the acquisition of the last Spirit Archives I no longer have any old books on my must have list. The white whale has been slain and now I have no reason to exist.

I will break into your house and steal them all, setting you back years and giving you a reason to live again!

Also while that Spider-Man Omni looks cool. I'm a soft-cover MMW kinda guy now :D

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

JackDarko posted:

Is it really oversized like it was solicited, or "regular" hardcover size?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

phelps posted:

Is it really oversized like it was solicited, or "regular" hardcover size?

It's oversized.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
So I bought the Geoff Johns Flash Vol.1 Omnibus and while it was a really good read, that 75 price tag hit my wallet pretty hard. Not exactly the best bang for your buck, but still neat. Gonna grab the vol.2 off of amazon along with Batman And Son vs The Black Glove. Hopefully I'll forget and it'll be a nice surprise when it comes in the mail :downs:

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Got another batch back today. Liking the bigger font and head/tailbands!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

wildlele posted:

Hate to tell you, but they bound your book upside down...

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Uthor posted:

Hate to tell you, but they bound your book upside down...

It's ok, I read Canadian.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

wildlele posted:

It's ok, I read Canadian.

Canadians can read?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Would you guys mind checking your local stores if they have the Batman Broken City Hardcover? I'd pay whatever price they want for it (so long as it's reasonable, retail) and pay shipping. Or if any of you guys have it and want to sell it if it's in good condition I will buy it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As a heads up Tales of Wonder is offering 50% off what looks like all in print DC Archives. There's a pile of other stuff (mainly Dark Horse) on sale at a similar rate (if you don't own all three volumes of the Herbie archives what's wrong with you?).

Time to wrap up my Plastic Man Archives I think...

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

As a heads up Tales of Wonder is offering 50% off what looks like all in print DC Archives. There's a pile of other stuff (mainly Dark Horse) on sale at a similar rate (if you don't own all three volumes of the Herbie archives what's wrong with you?).

Time to wrap up my Plastic Man Archives I think...

I tend to avoid any pre-1980s comics, but I'm curious, how are the Batman and Dark Knight Archives? Worth picking up?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

JackDarko posted:

Would you guys mind checking your local stores if they have the Batman Broken City Hardcover? I'd pay whatever price they want for it (so long as it's reasonable, retail) and pay shipping. Or if any of you guys have it and want to sell it if it's in good condition I will buy it.
I have one with no dustjacket if you're interested. PM if you are.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
TFAW only wants 75.00 currently for the Simonson Thor Omni. Goddamn, that's a good-rear end price.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

El Gallinero Gros posted:

TFAW only wants 75.00 currently for the Simonson Thor Omni. Goddamn, that's a good-rear end price.

:eng101: They're cheaper on Amazon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

:eng101: They're cheaper on Amazon.

Pst...

Diamond had it on sale two weeks ago so everybody has copies lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rhyno posted:

Pst...

Diamond had it on sale two weeks ago so everybody has copies lying around.

The Simonson Thor Omnibus does not "lie around." It looms.