Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Does anyone know if book 4 of the softcover collected editions of Scalped came out on the 18th December as planned? Amazon.co.uk says it did but it's out of stock. Anywhere else I've looked (including amazon.com) has never heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Yes, all the time. Frequently have to demand a replacement. Normally scuffed covers like they’ve been knocked around the floor but also dented corners, busted spines and occasionally puncture damage. The penultimate volume of Walking Dead had a hole going fully front to back!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

DCs decision to print compendium volumes 1-3 of Scalped but not 4 & 5 has led me to not only drop everything that isn’t finished and fully published, but also to start to break down and sell a 1000+ volume collection that I’ve built up over twenty years. loving DC.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

NO gently caress YOU I’M SELLING THEM ALL

Seriously I’ve been thinking about it for a while. First thing I sold was Preacher, an absolute classic everyone should have in their collection. I bought all 9 books as book 9 came out, 20 years ago. It’s at least ten years since I read it. £50 and a foot of space weighed against the tiny chance I one day want to read it again? Okay then.

Scalped was definitely the trigger though.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A lady living in Brighton disagrees with you to the tune of fifty pounds, but even without having read it for years I am pretty certain it has aged very badly.

Edit: five volumes of Batman No Man’s Land just sold for £35. At this rate I will clear a full shelf by Christmas and might make up to a hundred pounds!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I’ve just finished Invincible - £100 for all three volumes and I reckon I can flip it for 4/5ths of that in about five minutes. I definitely prefer this to waiting months for a book that might never come out. Anyone suggest any other hefty, standalone, completed series I might try? I have Walking Dead and a lot of classic Vertigo stuff already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I have given half a dozen books to charity shops after they arrange scuffed/dented from Amazon, I demand a replacement, and then refuse to ship the other one back to them instead insisting that they come and get it if they want it. Every single time they end up saying just keep it, and I give it away. You just have to say no I'm not printing labels, no I'm not going to the post office, you can fetch it any time you like. Rarely takes more than a couple of minutes.