Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

bobkatt's shelves just reminded me I need to pick up the third BPRD hardcover! I'm falling behind, but catching up feels better than waiting for the next book, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Drop 15% off an item through Barnes & Noble with checkout code H4F4T4D.
[edit: The coupon does not combine with the 3-for-2 deal. Bollocks.]

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 31, 2012

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Nodoze posted:

Does B&N charge you right away for a pre-order, or when the order ships?
Barnes & Noble charges at the time of shipping, but they do one thing with shipping that annoys the anal-obsessive in me. If your order includes a pre-order among other items, B&N will stall the shipment until the pre-ordered item reaches its street date.

I know, I could just split up the order, especially as a B&N member, but their buy 2 get 1 deals often include pre-orders and I'd rather they took Amazon's lead and made things a bit more convenient on the mailing side of things.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barnes & Noble's B2G1 deal on DC comics led me to buy two omnibi to get a $22 mask for free.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I picked up the Howard the Duck omnibus at a con for $50 a few years ago and devoured it. Some issues are a little lame, but the total experience was fun, especially within the Marvel universe.

A used Amazon seller just made my day with a sub-$100 copy of Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 1. The slipcase, true to the thread title, has a couple dents, but the set is otherwise in excellent condition and completes my LOEG collection, unless Century magically gets a matching treatment someday.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'll never forget that beautiful day a few years ago where Amazon mispriced a handful of Marvel Omnis and a few other high-end hardcovers at $15 each, including the Bendis DD Volume 2 and Brubaker DD Volumes 1 and 2. I just bought those three and Criminal OHC Volume 1, but I think other people stockpiled everything they could while it lasted.

My favorite part of it was the reveal. IIRC, the firing gun of a post went something like, "Hey guys, search 'marvel omnibus' on Amazon real quick," and we were off to the races!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Arrived for me in the post today:

(Not sure why the pictures are sideways. :shrug:)

I read the first issue of this last year, saw an omnibus was on the way, and have been biding my time for this beautiful broad. Thanks for confirming (in those pics at least) that I did not wait in vain.

The book lets out a satisfying crackle of sewn binding when you open it, right?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

irlZaphod posted:

DC have apparently also cancelled the Waid Flash trades.

Didn't this turn out to be an error on Diamond's part and the books are still coming out and Waid overreacted?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Scored the WW omni, thanks for sharing!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I like collecting Valiant's event books as hardcovers and cannot believe 4001 A.D. Deluxe Edition doesn't come out until January 2018. Harumph.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Rhyno posted:

Anyone want another set of JSA Omnibus HCs Vol 1-3 for $200 plus shipping?

:smuggo: heh

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Reed figured out magic was just gussied-up science, who's to say gods aren't super-aliens.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

How have Image's recent (past few years) "Book One" type hardcovers been? Sturdy build, easy to see center of art? Deadly Class, WicDiv, Saga, Outcast, what have you.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Deluxe Valiant books gently caress yeeaahhhh

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Absolute Court of Owls... uhh... at least they collected Godhead in one hardcover... (I've softened on that book, in hindsight I better appreciate how it covered a lot of bases, even if its internal consistency wasn't the best)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Yes! In fact, being made up of the first three years and their annuals ensures you get all the gold and minimal filler.
Pretty excited for it, myself. Injustice has a reputation as "better than it has any right to be," owing largely to Tom Taylor's character work and sharing the spotlight across the DC Universe. Same goes for Injustice 2. As soon as the story gets past "dead Lois and manpain Superman" Taylor makes the elseworld oddly fun.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

JordanKai posted:

Baltimore omnibus vol.1

I'm sorry that's just my heavy breathing, everyone continue.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oooh, curious how Britannia reads as one big book. I still need to read the third arc.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Rhyno posted:

Target has a buy 2 get 1 free on books, there is a vast selection of trades, HCs and omnibus' available on their website and most qualify. Many are already at reduced prices.

Thinking too hard about what I want my 3 books to be... drat you, Target! (Thank you, Rhyno.)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Harbinger Wars 2 Deluxe Edition finally on its way, possibly the last Valiant hardcover published or worth reading for a while. And I say that on the strength of Secret Weapons being included.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DAVE MCKEAN always a good time.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barnes & Noble offering 25% off online preorders, offer ends Friday - code PREORDER25

Can confirm it works on Absolute Multiversity :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Another Barnes & Noble 25% off pre-order sale: code PREORDER25 at checkout, ends Friday April 22.
(Monstress Book Two, anyone?)