Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
For both UK and foreign buyers thebookdepository.co.uk is another good place to buy from as the prices tend to be the same as Amazon.co.uk and also has free worldwide shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I think Final Crisis may be my first absolute edition.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Tom Brevoort confirmed it on Formspring I believe.

Edit: Yeah what Shameless said.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Rhyno posted:

I sold a guy a book on Amazon and it was the direct market version instead of mass market. He was so pissed he filed for a wage garnishment.

If the guy was prepared to get so angry about that I wonder why he didn't just contact you before buying the book to find out which cover it had. :confused:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Jeremys Iron posted:

I'm also considering ordering the second Fraction Iron Man OSHC but I'm slightly nervous that an omnibus might be around the corner - does anyone fancy pulling some predictions out of their arse on that one and persuading me either way?

Personally I wouldn't expect a Fraction Iron Man omnibus considering how they're being collected in OSHC and if anything I think we'll see a Fraction Thor omnibus rather than an Iron Man one. If you're considering getting the second one them I assume you already have the first? I would just carry on reading it that way and not worry about the the potential likeliness of an omnibus

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'd love an Alias reprint, hopefully we'll get one when/if the tv show happens.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

bobkatt013 posted:

I doubt it since the trades are out.

You can get still New X-Men ultimate collections and they were reprinted in those tiny little editions but we're still getting an omnibus reprint.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Jeremys Iron posted:

What's the consensus on these? I recall reading the first one and thinking it was fun but there seem to be about half a dozen now (enough to fill an omnibus apparently) but I wasn't sure how badly they suffered from diminishing returns.

1, 3, 4 and 5 were all fun, I think that it was only 2 that was really bad and not worth reading. I don't know how much this omnibus will contain though, I'm assuming those five numbered ones and not stuff like zombie christmas carol or whatever it was that came out recently.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
When is it actually solicited to come out?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Is there really a $25 difference between the two market editions of the New Avengers omnibus? Is that normal?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Isn't CB only around 19 issues? That seems like it would be a little small for an omnibus.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Weren't copies also been given out to people who asked good questions at the DC panel at Wondercon? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Rick Remender announced that a Fear Agents omnibus is coming out in October. I've loved Remender's work at Marvel so I'm pretty curious about this, how good is Fear Agents?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

bairfanx posted:

You know, I want one. I really do. But I want to see it first, see how they handle a book that big losing things in the gutter.

I'm exactly the same, especially after how bad the New 52 omnibus turned out.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

So did anyone get this? What's it like? Any cool extras?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Woo the second Walking Dead compendium is out October 3rd :toot:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/second-walking-dead-compendium-due-in-stores-oct-3/

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Why are Marvel's Ultimate Collection tbp's so expensive? Unless the couple of trades they contain are out of print it always seems cheaper to buy those couple of trades separately.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It probably doesn't help that the specific example I'm looking at is The Ultimates which I suppose Marvel was never going to let the trades go OOP and get expensive in the year of The Avengers.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm insanely jealous of anyone who has a nice looking comic collection, my comics have formed little clusters in various rooms in my house waiting for a time when they can be united.

Here you can see where a layer of various papers and bills which needs to be sorted but look more likely to be sandwiched under more comics/books. This is a bookcase from my childhood which explains the Star Wars stickers.

More from the same bookshelf.

Another bookshelf in another room.

Yet another bookshelf section, not fully pictured on the shelf beneath are my Scott Pilgrims and international politics textbooks. Also a second copy of Runaways Vol 2 which I've been meaning to sell and have never got around to.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
If anyone ever asks, say your clone must have bought them.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
They'd be better off giving them out with single issues like they did with the lantern rings a few years ago.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I really need to sort out my books because they're all over the place in different bookcases, hopefully someday they'll all stand as one.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Lemire's Green Arrow was good right? If so I'll pick that up, the art always looked so great.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I know that I was buying the Tom King Batman hardcovers only for vol 5 to seemingly have a small print run and being sold for twice it's cover price and no vol 6 on the horizon.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I've been wanting a Gwenpool omnibus for so long, this is great news.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I don't like the event omnibuses. The tie-ins for event books are always of such varying quality that if I did like the event I'd much rather get an OSHC of the main book only if I wanted it in a premium format.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A Black Cat by Jed Mackay omnibus was just announced for next year which I'm looking forward to getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Moon Knight by Jed Mackay omnibus got revealed today which I'd been hoping for for a while.