Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Does this not include Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? I would have thought that would be worth explicitly stating instead of putting it into the "and more" part.

That is Superman #423 and Action Comics #583, they just didn't title it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
TFAW only wants 75.00 currently for the Simonson Thor Omni. Goddamn, that's a good-rear end price.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I had to check amazon.ca because I'm Canadian, and with exchange and poo poo, TFAW is slightly cheaper.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Done and loving done, I am all over that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Matt Fraction's twitter says a Grendel omnibus is forthcoming.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Why in the gently caress is there a Geoff Johns omnibus for the Flash, but not a Mark Waid one? Not that the Geoff Johns stuff is bad, but isn't Johns' stuff essentially just building on Waid's legendary run?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That actually looks pretty appealing just based on some of the talent listed on that cover.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, I want me a new Powers definitive hardcover. Are they gonna keep doing those with these new ones Marvel/Icon's been putting out?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I asked Tom Brevoort about a Captain Britain and MI13 on formspring, and he said he doesn't see it happening. But I guess things could change, and it's not like he's head of their trades department.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just got the Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus a good week ahead of its' scheduled delivery date (June 27, says the website I ordered it from). It's glued together well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Any omnibus with Daredevil's name on is the loving goods, but some of them are OOP and quite expensive. The Brubaker Captain America ones are also great. I'm also told the Simonson Thor one is amazing.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 19, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dammit, there needs to be an Infinity Gauntlet omnibus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gonna cop that Top 10 for sure.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is it something to read unto itself, that absolute is gorgeous. I've heard it's a bit dense.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Corwin72 posted:

Stupid Question. What is MMWB?

The Marvel Masterworks message board. A lot of trade news materializes there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume that's Enemy of The State, and I'm of the opinion that the storyline sucks, so no.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They're also reprinting ASM Omnibus 1 and the Claremont Uncanny X-Men Omnibus. Goddamn!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd love to hear DC's logic as to why there isn't a proper collection of Suicide Squad, Ostrander Era.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

You are expecting logic in DC's Trade Department?

Such great heights, I know. On the other end of the spectrum http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/50445159009/any-plans-for-a-powers-omnibus

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has a 2nd Ultimate Spidey Omnibus been solicited yet?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
YES! http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2013/07/deadpool-by-joe-kelly-omnibus-announced.html

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was news to me, apologies if everybody already knew. Only thing missing is a Jae Lee cover.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He did a bunch of Deadpool covers for Deadpool Pulp. They looked great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great, now just re-release the drat Ennis one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bendis confirmed on his tumblr today there will be a Ultimate Spider-man Vol.2 Omnibus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Are those UXM omnibuses worth getting if you don't have any nostalgia for that era?

I would imagine that depends on how much you like the X-men in general. Claremont's run is considered pretty terrific by most folks (well, most of it is, anyways).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't remember, are we getting a Morrison Doom Patrol omnibus at some point?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

It's in the new Previews for a June 25th release.

gently caress YEAH! I'M ALL FIRED UP!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

What's with all this wrongposting going around lately? Is DT infecting BSS?

Forget it, Endless Mike. It's Awfultown.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Can we pretty much assume there won't be a second Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

:fap:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

The Ulttimates Omni is out of print. Ultimate X-Men had a series of OSHC but it ends with the first series. As far as I remember none of the Ultimate Comics relaunch was put in an OSHC aside from the Spider-man stuff.

And from what you told me, that first Ultimate Spidey omni is the only one we're getting, which makes me sad.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 2, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's the best online shop for Canadians? The deals from DCBS and Instock are fabulous, but are negated by our shithouse dollar and shipping.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Dcbs is a great company aside from one person that they employ! Give them your business!

I mean, I'd be happy to were it not for the factors I suggested! They have a great price for DC One million Omnibus....

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah it seems like it'll be more difficult to get cheap omnis now. :(

We're about due for Amazon accidentally giving us $120 books for $45 again. Man, remember how crazy this place went when that happened?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Action Jacktion posted:

I found a few upcoming items of interest:

The Complete Bloom County: Two-volume paperback collection of the whole run of the strip

Uncle Scrooge: "The Lost Crown Of Genghis Khan": Along with the title story features the famous "Land Beneath the Ground" with the earthquake-making Terries and Fermies

Akira 35th Anniversary: Hardcover box set of the complete Akira printed in right-to-left for the first time in English

Martha Washington and Hard Boiled: New hardcover editions of out-of-print Frank Miller books

Two observations:

1. Nobody tell Dickeye.
2. HOLY gently caress I'M BUYING THAT.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cactus Jack posted:

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus

:getin:

:respek:

I assume that WIldcats is Alan Moore? Or Joe Casey, at least?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

So is it going to be like the Jim Lee X-Men omni where they skip a bunch of issues so you can't actually read the book or will every issue of Waid's be printed?

If it's 1328 drat pages, I sort of doubt it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Unit24 posted:

I'm looking for decent Spider-Man collections. Is the Todd McFarlane omnibus any good, or is it just too 90's?

Get the Roger Stern collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I got the Fourth World Omnibus! Gotham Central is next!