Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So does is the later volumes going to include the stuff that wasn't released in tpbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Moai Ou posted:

I finally found another new copy for $50 that was *gasp* actually new!

If I were to pay fifty bucks for a volume of New X-Men I wouldn't only take it for granted that it was new but for that price I would also expect a signed nude photo of Grant Morrison to be included in the price because that's a huge amount of money to spend on one hardback.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Starsnostars posted:

When is it actually solicited to come out?

This link says eight days:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Flex-Mentallo-Man-Muscle-Mystery-Grant-Morrison/9780857688880

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The strange thing is that some collections published by Humanoids is censored while others aren't. Cinebooks on the other is pretty consisting in censoring nudity.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheManWithNoName posted:

Igor Kordey's art really shines in the oversized format!

It literally drips of the page!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

So can anyone report on the Invisibles Omnibus? Should I just pursue the TPBs or will this thing not fall apart instantly/lose half the page in the gutter?

Just got it now. From what I can see it looks solid enough and the pages isn't lost in the gutter.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kunzelman posted:

You gotta post some pics of this.
Sorry, don't have a camera :(

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

bairfanx posted:

Are there letter pages? I don't expect them to be there, but at the same time, they actually had a pretty decent role in sharing the ideas of the series...

No.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Want to buy your way into being respected by the thread?

Let's be real, it's not like it's another way to do it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redbackground posted:

Maybe (hopefully) Batwoman was oversized at least?

Nope. loving DC making my shelf looks weird.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I was fooled because it said the Deluxe Edition where I ordered it from.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redbackground posted:

:frogsiren: ATTENTION: IT'S A BSS RAFFLE! WHAAAAT?! :frogsiren:

In celebration of a New Year, between now and Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, January 7th, 2013, anyone who posts at least one photo of their comic bookshelves will be entered into a random drawing to win a Custom Title gift certificate (a $5.00 value!). This contest is open to any Something Awful forum member except myself, and you must have some comic-related books in the photo. It doesn't matter if your books are stored in the finest Ikea-produced shelves available, or in a moldy cardboard box, just show off your stuff. You can post as many pictures as you want, but you will only be entered once. Good luck, one and all!
Why not? Here's some old pictures of some of my comics:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 28, 2012

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redbackground posted:

Alhazred, your pics aren't showing up (on my end, at least).

Are they showing up now?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

What was the final verdict on the Invisibles omni? Is it sturdy and readable or does all the art get lost in the gutters and it feels like all the pages are going to fall out?

It's good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is Batman Incorporated: Demon Star oversized?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ShortStack posted:

The second volume is fairly self contained and in my opinion is a little more entertaining than the first. It references events in the first volume briefly but it's not anything that contributes much to pushing the story along. I just took both of them off my shelf and flipped through them and I remember enjoying the second volume much more than the first. I would say just get the second and enjoy it :)

A big part of the story was left unresolved though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So this is happening:

A massive hardcover collecting every Sin City story.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So at one point Vixen was the female Wolverine?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

:byodood: Hardcovers & Trade Paperbacks:byodood:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 4, 2015

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just Offscreen posted:

Hey, someone else bought We Can Fix It! :respek:

It's the best!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just Offscreen posted:

And 300, and Low Moon, and Persolis, and TGOF! Good taste all around.
I make up for that by having a complete collection of Hack/Slash.

quote:

}How is The Rabbi's Cat? I saw it at my local HPB, and it looked interesting.
I haven't had time to read it yet.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Uthor posted:

Someone needs to finish Bone, Cerebus, and Sandman...

Trust me, I have absolutely no loving intention of finishing Cerebus.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Uthor posted:

Oh c'mon, it's the best. And you haven't even gotten to the really crazy parts.

I just can't find the will go on anymore, it's no plot anymore just a crazy man's rambling.

irlZaphod posted:

I think I'd be to embarrassed by my X-Men hardcovers to post a photo of my bookcase.

Dude, if I can post a bookcase with X-Force hardcovers and a Harley Quinn hardcover you can post your X-Men hardcovers. Own up to your shame.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

Isn't Shang-Chi's father some character from a separate company's book or movie and that's why his father is always referred to indirectly?

Its Fu Manchu.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

Do both the first Brubaker Captain America omnibus and the Death of Captain America omnibus have Captain America #25 in them?

It does and its super annoying:argh:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Absolute Ronin, worth the money?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

obi_ant posted:

What is the best way to read Sandman?

Absolutes :colbert:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dunbar posted:

If I want a full collection of Sandman, are the two hardcore omnibus volumes good enough quality and value or would I be better off buying the regular TPBs?

Absolutes:colbert:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Right now all my trades and hardcovers are in boxes because I'm moving, but I like to organize my comics in publisher>character>author.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redbackground posted:

Mine are just stuck where there's any goddamn room for them.

:ohdear:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Count me in with the 'wow these are heavy' brigade. Mine are resting in storage and moving them was quite the workout.
I'm moving now, thank god for elevators. Hauling up absolutes seven floors would really suck otherwise.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Kallax blows.

Expedit 4 LYFE.

What's the difference?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

That appears to be the case.

It appears that the Ms Marvel Omnibus was the last new volume and the only one not in the sale.

A new one is coming though: https://www.bookdepository.com/X-Men-Legacy-Legion-Omnibus-Simon-Spurrier-Tan-Eng-Huat-Jorge-Molin/9781302903923?ref=grid-view

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

HOLY loving GRAPHIC NOVELS BATMAN

LOOK AT THIS FUCKIN LIST

http://collectededitions.blogspot.com.es/2017/03/dc-rebirth-omnibus-expanded-edition.html

DC is doing deluxe hardcovers of the Rebirth books!

Its Harley Quinns all the way down. I'm also somewhat pessimistic about DC's second attempt at publishing JLI collections.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

The omni would give your arms a serious workout every time you picked it up. That's a plus.

\/ Mine's all good.

Mine too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Latest omnibus announcements I've seen recently:

Daredevil: Shadowland and Deadpool by Daniel Way.

Is there demand for these? :confused:

There was an omnibus for Howard the Duck. And while I like that comic and got the omni I also realize that it's hardly a mainstream comic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zachack posted:

I'd argue the difference is that while there may be a limited audience for Howard the Duck, and similarly for Shang Chi/Deadly Hands, Monsterbus, and some other more obscure titles, there's an appreciable value to people in those markets in that these are hard to get comics and a history-inclined audience is able to get a more premier book.

Shadowland carries no such cache except maybe trying to complete the omni gap between Brubaker and Waid (which I'm not sure if this actually does). I can kinda understand Deadpool for similar "completeness" urges.

Both Daredevil and Deadpool are popular characters who recently starred in a popular movie/show, it's really not a mystery why the omni is being released.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It took me years to end up with a matching set of the ten Sandman TPBs. Years!

Should have had gone with the absolutes:smug:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

obi_ant posted:

Anyone know if Final Crisis 10Th Anniversary Omnibus is going to be worth picking up? I haven't read much of DC.

You should at the very least pick up Garrison's Bat-books and Seven Soldiers of Victory before you read Final Crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sanford posted:

A lady living in Brighton disagrees with you to the tune of fifty pounds, but even without having read it for years I am pretty certain it has aged very badly.

Ennis' treatment of homosexuality has indeed aged very badly, but he's on point on everything else. In one issue for example two characters discuss how an author treated female puberty as a horror story and how hosed up that is.