Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
So I bought the Geoff Johns Flash Vol.1 Omnibus and while it was a really good read, that 75 price tag hit my wallet pretty hard. Not exactly the best bang for your buck, but still neat. Gonna grab the vol.2 off of amazon along with Batman And Son vs The Black Glove. Hopefully I'll forget and it'll be a nice surprise when it comes in the mail :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I want to get a few comics bound but I've run into a few snags. Chiefly, I am an idiot and can't figure heads or tails of how to place an order. Any protips or sweet guides on how to do this?
If anybody is curious I'm making my first bind job Grant Morrison's Batman And Robin run and if that goes well I'll continue binding.
Fake edit: I forgot to mention I have a custom cover in mind

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

redbackground posted:

You have to pick a bindery first (like Single Bound Studios or Herring & Robinson), and then fill out their forms to your specifications. I have links in the OP to forums where you can get a wealth of information.

I looked in the OP first but I still couldn't figure it out (this goes back to that whole idiot thing). I had a website but I'm on my mobile right now.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
They canceled the last R.E.B.E.L.S. trade in the same week that I bought all of the rest of the trades :negative:
Do I cut my losses or try and hunt down those few issues?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Karnegal posted:

The dust jackets are the worst part, they somehow feel slimy. I prefer a stocky glossy paper to the matte paper too.

That's why I never got the other ones.
Well that and the smell :gonk:
How do you make a book smell so bad?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Mister Chompers posted:

You just made me go and smell mine, they smell fine to me...

Can we trade?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Ghost Boner posted:

The Invisibles omnibus: Worth my time or should I stick to trades?

Is the material in the omni different to the trades (recoloured, censored, etc.)?

I never read it before the collection, but it reads a lot easier than I thought it would. Still not something you could curl up with, though.
Could come in handy during a home invasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I haven't had any problem with mine, other than my own personal strength and will power not being enough to lift the book from the shelf.