Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Sweet Tooth is great. I'm a huge Lemire fan and would encourage you to pick up Royal City as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
That looks similar to the Marvel hardbacks that are released outside of the US where it's a bunch of unrelated collections, numbered with a spine image that completes when you line them up.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JordanKai posted:

Circling back around to this: the pages are so thin that you can see what's printing on the next page through all the white areas. It's really dire.

I had the same issue with the Thanos Infinity Saga Omni, there are a lot of pages with just Thanos and Warlock in a blank void so it's pretty miserable.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i also got the two morrison omnibii. waiting for a sale on the third.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nyeehg posted:

So is anyone else having trouble getting excited for the Hickman X-men Omnibus?

Don't get me wrong, he's doing great work. However I've found the most fun way to read the current era of X-men is to essentially read everything as it comes out (or via the dawn of x trades). While I'm sure you can just pick and choose a title to follow I'm loving all of them and having a book that only collects 1 Krakoa X title doesn't feel like a good fit for me.

Now if marvel released a set of Dawn of X hardcovers/omnis I'd buy those in a heartbeat. I doubt that's gonna happen though.

It's not for first time readers but I think his stuff works well as a collection. Besides, it'll look good next to the House/Powers and X of Swords hardcovers.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
how do people read their omnibuses? they're too heavy for me to read held above my face in bed and I'm debating buying a stand just so i can set them down on a table and read them

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah, it's unreadable because of its size. I own it and might get the paperback collections.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've started picking up some more Marvel paperbacks and I'm noticing a lot of the complete collections (such as Hickman's Fantastic Four) have out of print first and second volumes. Do those tend to cycle back in print fairly often or am i SOL?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
anyone with the complete ex machina is used to disappointing endings already

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
it's taken the better part of a month for my last order (s) from IST to be fulfilled and one book was refunded

however, it looks like they'll be here this weekend so I'll finally get that starman giant gently caress-off paperback, the complete SCUD and a bunch of X related stuff :dance:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Target is doing B2G1 right now and these prices work out to be pretty tempting. $50 a piece for a whole lot of Peter David is good for me, bad for my mailman.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

RevKrule posted:

I feel like for a superstar event that AvX was supposed to be, someone should've noticed this...
Piotr
Emma
Namor
Illyana
Scott

Haha, that's very astute. Good intuition, not always picked up by the comics writers.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

How Wonderful! posted:

There's a lot going on but I think that whole era is really enjoyable, plus the very loose structure of Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants keeps it from feeling as bloated as some later big events. I'm up to early 1990 in my big reread of every mutant comic and I have to say I've even come to appreciate the Bret Blevins era of New Mutants-- he's cartoony in a way that gives plenty of space for the grotesque, which is just what the NM chunk of Inferno demanded.

I think we're right in the same spot and yeah, same on New Mutants. There's a weird push and pull between Liefeld and Simonson after that where I like to imagine that he's responsible for the lazily stereotyped Japanese mutants.

Apparently Ann Nocenti and Bret Blevins did an Inhumans Marvel Graphic Novel around the same time but I can't find it on Marvel Unlimited.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Starting Sunday Target is doing one of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deals for books, comics, games, movies, and action figures. You can get some good stuff (including a surprising selection of graphic novels) in these sales, but on top of this I noticed something else.

In my Circle Dashboard page I found a deal you can activate to get a $15 Target reward when you make 3 purchases of $35 or more within the next 18 days. So if you're thinking about picking up nine books that go for $12 a pop or more, you can make three separate orders to get three of them free and then get an additional $15 store credit.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Where's my Unbeatable Squirrel Girl omnibus, Marvel? :arghfist:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

radlum posted:

How many Omnibuses (omnibi?) would cover Claremont’s original X-Men run. I was thinking of selling my Epic Collections and going to omnibus for Claremont’s run but I wonder how many volumes would that be

I have a few of the Claremont omnibuses (Inferno, the Jim Lee collections) and I prefer the readability of the epic collections, maybe we can work something out.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

Howard the gently caress

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've read the Zdarsky run, Howard the gently caress is appropriate

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Don't forget McKay's mini that occurs right before Zdarsky's run on Daredevil.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JordanKai posted:

I live in the Netherlands, so I'm afraid it's going to be a no-go. Shipping + import taxes are going to end up costing more than the book itself. :sweatdrop:

I'll bring a copy next time I'm in Groningen.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
as someone with half of Lil Abner, sometimes it's just nice to get that stuff in print again

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

Ready to part with a bunch of stuff, prices are shipped and I'm not splitting up sets. Everything is is fantastic shape, I've babied my books.

Album here
https://imgur.com/a/PZ77tmF

Daredevil by Brubaker vol 1-2 $150
Animal Man Omnibus $65
Doom Patrol (sealed) $90
X-Men AOA Set $150
Cap by Kirby (sealed) $50
Deadpool/Cable (sealed) $150
Y the Last Man HC 1-5 $95
Geoff Johns GL Omni 1-2 $110
DMZ HC 1-5 $175
Ex Machina HC 1-5 $120
Batman by Snyder HC set $125
Flash by Johns 1-3 HC $140
JSA by Johns Omni 1-3 HC $200

More to come.

I'm gonna call dibs on Animal Man/Doom Patrol and I'd like to see what else comes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

Actually I should be able to get more up tomorrow or Tuesday. I have a large pile of storage bins in front of my main shelves, I can move all of those to the main room and access the rest.

Let me know if you're looking for any Marvel Legends, I have a huge collection that I'm ready to start parting with.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

Fantastic Four Omnibus (Kirby Sealed) 1-2 $135

Pics to follow.

I'll take this as well.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

this picture took years to put together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Whatever issues InStockTrades was having with warehouse movement seem to be resolved, I placed an order on Wednesday last week and got it on Sunday.

I got the Miracleman omnibus and the complete Die, they have a DCBS exclusive gold cover and the book is intriguingly labeled as "Book One".