Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is there any difference between the UK Marvel trades made by Panini and the US Marvel trades? There's this guy that that has a few I need but he has the Panini trades. Any difference between the spines or the size? They'll be going on a shelf with other Marvel trades in the same series and I'd rather they not look out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Judd Winnick's run was every bit as good.

Agreed. I'm not the biggest Winnick fan, but I really liked his PG run and his Exiles run.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Thanks to a clearance sale I am now the proud owner of all the Season One HCs except the Doctor Strange volume. I read the Ant-Man one first.

Dear God, what have I done

The Hulk, Strange, X-Men, and Fantastic Four ones are good. I didn't care for the Daredevil one. Didn't read the rest.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Thing is, are either of those USM omnis actually "by Brian Michael Bendis" omnis (if you get what I mean) in the same way as his Daredevil ones are "Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis"?

I'm probably just splitting hairs.

Well the distinction there is that Daredevil had other writers so it's kind of necessary to differentiate by listing the author. There's no other writer on USM so no need, Bendis did every issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Be glad you don't have the trades for the Ultimate Marvel line. They're all over the place design wise. Fantastic Four was the only title to keep a consistent design. Ultimate X-Men especially was all over the place. Which is appropriate given the content of the books.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

“bobkatt013” posted:

If I remember correctly it was a big seller and it was the series that started to make deadpool big.

This is spot on.

“redbackground” posted:

I’m cool with everything up thru #21. Then it just becomes super... inessential.

And so is this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As Endless Mike said it depends on which two you have now. If you have the bigger volumes you want the second link. If you have the smaller volumes this is the full order:

Thor v1 Goddess of Thunder
Thor v2 Who Holds The Hammer
Secret Wars Battleworld: Thors
The Mighty Thor v1 Thunder in Her Veins
The Mighty Thor v2 Lords of Midgard
The Mighty Thor v3 The Asgard Shiar War
The Mighty Thor v4 The War Thor
The Mighty Thor v5 The Death of The Mighty Thor

That covers all the Jane Foster material.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

radlum posted:

So I checked the back of my HC and seems I have Vol 1, that covers both Goddess of Thunder and Who Holds the Hammer, and Vol 2, that covers Thunder in her Veins and Lords of Midgard (https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-...aron+thor+vol+2) I guess that explains my confusion.

The unreleased vol 3 is too big, as Endless Mike, said, but might be the one I'm looking for considering this?

OK if these are the two you have:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302900676/
https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman-Mighty/dp/1302903802/

Then this is the one you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302917382/

Alternatively you could buy the individual hardcovers and the numbers still line up:

The Mighty Thor v3 The Asgard Shiar War
The Mighty Thor v4 The War Thor
The Mighty Thor v5 The Death of The Mighty Thor

Cover the same material as the one coming out in May.

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 2, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is that a Kallax in the background? I put together two of those in a walk in closet two weeks ago because they were too big to get in after building and it was not fun! I mean it’s not a tiny closet but it still sucked!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I got a 5x5 and a 4x4. One on each side of the walk-in. Only the 5x5 was supposed to be for my books, but it’s almost filled up already so I may have to take possession of the entire walk-in.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I got this massive thing to go with my other Infinity Gauntlet memorabilia like my hardcover slipcase and it was way bigger than I had anticipated.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 5, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No it’s much bigger that that one. It’s from Sideshow. It’s a life size prop statue. It’s massive. Weighs about 30lbs or so.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Has anyone heard any word about a fourth Ghostbusters Hardcover from IDW? Been a while since they put out the third one. I think between Ghostbusters and TMNT that IDW does the best hardcovers but geez does it take them a long time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'll look when I get home from work but I don't think so. There would have been a lot of similar covers then right? I don't remember that but I might have just skipped past it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flipped through all three GB hardcovers and saw no retailer variants.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dreadstar is fine, but that price is not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Compendiums are generally huge and paperback. And I'd never buy a paperback with a huge binding like that because I imagine it'd be a nightmare to read and even a great binding probably is headed for disaster on something that big.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I would just look into getting the ultimate collection hardcovers. I bought the first few but never finished the series the first time around but I still plan to eventually and I finished up getting the rest last year. They're very well made. My first volume is even signed by Kirkman/Ottley and has an Ottley sketch on the inside cover which is a nice plus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Previews says it comes out August 25th while the retail date at stores online shows September 7th. So you got a little while to wait.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't know what's in that volume but I'm going to guess the purple lettering has some significance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've ordered there a lot and it's not unusual to see a big gap in order date vs processing date. Even for stuff they have stock of.

This is from my order page so, as you can see I've dropped a decent amount there so I definitely vouch for them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How Wonderful! posted:

Cool, thank you. I know the publishing industry is really being rocked by shortages and supply chain issues right now all across the board, I just wanted to get a second opinion.

The longest one on my list was ordered on the 14th one month and processed on the 26th. That was uncommonly long for sure. I don't know what the logistics are on shipping right now but if it's anything like the product I work with it's a goddamn nightmare. I don't work in books but the product my company make is dependent on electrical components that are both in shortage and tied up in shipping quagmires that you wouldn't believe. Hell, ordering bulk SIMs from a reliable company like Verizon is slow as hell these days. And even Amazon has been slipping for me personally a lot lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't noticed anything too crazy. But it's been a few months since my last order. Also I live geographically very close to their warehouse so that may play some part.