Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
I organize my books right to left because I mentally always stack them and like to read them top-down. That's what I tell myself anyways.

I'm moving house again and hate myself for buying so many omnibus and absolutes. Speaking of which, hasn't it been a while since any new absolutes have been announced/come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

quote:

BATMAN VS. THE BLACK GLOVE DELUXE EDITION HC

I guess I will double dip too. This gets everything I like about GMo Batman (because everything since has felt flat to me). I really loved RIP.

Still would like more Absolutes :/

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

OMFG

quote:

In February, DC Comics will publish ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS – collecting 2008’s epic story about the triumph of evil in the DC Universe. The over-sized hardcover will collect ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS collects FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2 and the FINAL CRISIS SKETCHBOOK, all written by Grant Morrison.

And an added bonus? ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS comes with its own pair of 3-D glasses, for use with pages featured in FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/11/08/absolute-3-d/

And I bought the Deluxe thinking they would never put this in an Absolute.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Shameless posted:

Yeah, I think Tom Breevort said it was coming on his Formsping

Best news all year.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

quote:

ABSOLUTE BATMAN & ROBIN: BATMAN REBORN
Thursday, December 15th, 2011

By Josh Kushins

In November 2012, DC Comics will release ABSOLUTE BATMAN & ROBIN: BATMAN REBORN – collecting the landmark story of an all-new Dynamic Duo, written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Frank Quitely, Philip Tan, David Finch, Cameron Stewart, Andy Clarke and Frazier Irving.

Bruce Wayne has fallen, and former Robin Dick Grayson has taken up the mantle of the Dark Knight. He is joined by a new Robin – Damian Wayne, the assassin-raised son of the original Batman. Together, the unlikely pair fights against a brutal menace that threatens Gotham City, as well as a pair of rival vigilantes out to fill the void left by Bruce’s disappearance.

Presented in the signature style of DC Comics’ Absolute editions, ABSOLUTE BATMAN & ROBIN: BATMAN REBORN collects BATMAN & ROBIN 1-16 and BATMAN THE RETURN 1.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/12/15/absolute-batman-robin-batman-reborn/

I do want this over Absolute Final Crisis. Now I wish they would do Absolute Batman RIP with the Batman & Son and Black Glove stuff.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Shameless posted:

I think I'll pass. It's nice that they're releasing it but I'll stick with the three existing Deluxe HCs. It also seems a little bit incomplete for not having Return of Bruce Wayne in there too.

Actually, I think I prefer not having Return of Bruce Wayne in it. I wasn't really a fan of it.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

What is this year's Christmas haul?

I got:
Dark Avengers OSHC
100 Bullets Vol 1 OSHC
Absolute Sandman Vol 5

I should have asked for the Invincible Library Vol 3 too.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

bairfanx posted:

$100? Really?

I get it, it's part of your "line" of omnibuses, but drat, I'm just going to track down singles or something at that price.

It's 28 issues and in reality you'll pay like 60-70 dollars for it. I think it's reasonable.

edit: beaten by above :(

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Uthor posted:

I wish they'd print a companion of the post-Fraction stuff, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

I also want this. The 8th city arc and the one shots were so good.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

This better not be early April Fools. I've been waiting for these FF omnibuses. Now we just need a SHIELD OSHC.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Shameless posted:

There's already an OSHC of the first SHIELD arc.

Is there? I thought it was. Premiere HC or whatever. Not oversized.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Found this on Jason Aaron's twitter: http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Max-...unisher+omnibus

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

beergod posted:

So are the arguments for/against physical comics versus digital ones similar to the vinyl vs. digital music debate? I read mostly digital but god the stuff you guys have looks so drat cool. I dont even know where id start.

I read digital and get nice hardcovers of things I really like. No more floppies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Aaron's MAX is a direct follow to Ennis's MAX really. The Knights Ennis is good too but it's separate from MAX.

There's also The First To Last MAX HC that has one shots from Ennis's run.

I really love Ennis Punisher.