Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I never bothered to try catching up on Hawkeye with all the production problems, but I think I might just buy issues #21 and 22 since those same production delays now mean the rest of the series will be up on Marvel Unlimited in a month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Is Discount Comic Book Service typically a good place to order from? They have the new Age of Apocalypse omnibus for 50% off and I was really wanting to read it but I've never ordered from there before.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I finished putting in an order on DCBS and I'm curious as to how order fulfillment works. It says my order is open until April 27 and I can add anything until then. So at that point, will it ship everything that is currently available and then ship the other stuff once it's released? I ordered about $400 worth of stuff, some of which is available now but most of which isn't available until the coming months. If they ship stuff separately, do they charge my card all at once on the 27th or charge it a bit at a time as stuff ships out?

Also, there seems to be a weird lack of availability of items on there. I was looking for the Time Runs Out omnibus HC and Vol 2 of Flash by Geoff Johns and it didn't have either, as well as a ton of other stuff I was looking for. Is there some method to how/when they stock items?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but the site itself wasn't much help figuring stuff out.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

First of all some of your questions can be answered here https://www.dcbservice.com/content/faq, specifically stuff like when you get charged is covered there.
Any other questions you have you should email them at customer.service@dcbservice.com
I am actually a local customer so I don't know exactly how all that stuff works, I just pay for whatever comes out that week when I pick it up.
One other thing is that DCBS is primarily for preordering single issues and books that have not yet come out yet. If you want to order stuff that is already out, you should check out http://www.instocktrades.com/ It's the same owners and everything.
I hope you have a good experience!
Thanks for that. I swore I looked everywhere on their site but I guess I didn't look hard enough. They also sent out a mini-FAQ and What to Expect type e-mail to all their new customers last week - I guess their Rebirth bundle was a big success and they had a ton of new customers. Of course it went to my junk mail and I just saw it earlier today.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It's Vertigo, but they did the same thing with Y the Last Man, reprinting the hardcovers as TPBs. And they're reprinting the whole run of 52 in 2 TPBs coming up this year.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

If I want a full collection of Sandman, are the two hardcore omnibus volumes good enough quality and value or would I be better off buying the regular TPBs?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I hope they do. It was 9 months between the 3rd TPB and HC for Deadly Class.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I got an e-mail from InStockTrades that the DM variant was delayed and should be available next week. They had a similar (if not the exact same) issue with the Shang Chi omnibus V2 DM variant where most of their order wasn't filled and I wasn't able to order it until today, which was 4-6 weeks after it was meant to be released.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The newest Marvel solitics have a couple new omnibus volumes in them, including a Darth Vader and a Planet Hulk omnibus, so I don't think they're canceling the line entirely.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm glad that omnibus isn't out until July, because I just used that insane $5 trade sale on Comixology to grab all the trades of the Morrison Batman. Now I can read all those and not understand any of it, which will keep me from buying that $125 omnibus and spending way more money not understanding it.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm curious to see what people think about whether giant omnibus hardcovers are better for collecting and display or for actual reading. I've been slowly trying to buy some bigger hardcovers of favorite runs of mine and also older runs I'd like to read but have no other way to check out. So I got the new Jack Kirby omnibus and it is so massive it is virtually impossible to sit and read comfortably. I always see the big HCs are super popular among collectors so I'm curious if people actually buy these things to read or if they just look nice on a shelf. I'm getting to the point where I think if it's something I want to read or plan to re-read in the future, I'm better off buying trades where available than the giant HCs.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Per Diamond, two more weeks:

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190526

It was originally solicited for tomorrow, so you're not crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Diamond has the direct market variant listed as next week and the regular version the week after that. Check IST next Tuesday or the Tuesday after at around 3pm EST.