Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Can someone remind me what IKEA bookshelf it is that everyone likes for their OSHC collections? I remember seeing talk about one that wouldn't buckle even under the weight of a shelf full of omnibuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Thanks, Expedits look like the way to go! Once I'm moved and set up again, I'll post some pics too.

I need to find some high capacity DVD/BD and CD shelving as well, but at least there isn't a weight issue with those. My poor Target bookshelves look like they're gonna give up the ghost any day now.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Complete Zenith preorder up at shop.2000adonline.com for those interested. They tweeted half of them were already gone a little while ago.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Nodoze posted:

Are the Brubaker DD omnis really worth like 300+ a piece? I was browsing on Amazon and that's what they are all listed at new, maybe I should sell mine...

Who knows if they ever sell at that price though. A lot of people seem content to list OOP stuff at absurd prices on Amazon in the hopes that someone desperate to own it will eventually come along. Look at sold eBay auctions to see what people are actually paying.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
There's an Absolute Batman & Robin that has already been released - you can substitute that for the 3 OSHC volumes.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I very stupidly waited too long on the Uncanny X-Force Omnibus... Anyone have a lead on a copy for a not ridiculous price?

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Are Barnes & Noble's online prices always this terrible, or did they raise everything to make their Buy 2 Get 1 not actually a good deal? I just ordered the 3 omnibuses I wanted at IST for a significantly lower price.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Zachack posted:

Their prices are usually not good and beating IST often requires planets to align. There are a couple exceptions (Fantagraphics in particular) but generally it goes IST then Amazon then Amazon marketplace then Amazon warehouse deals then B&N.

I mean, I didn't expect them to beat IST or Amazon in any 1-to-1 comparisons. But when you can't beat other store's normal prices when you're running a Buy 2 Get 1 Free? Ouch.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Amazon says August 18 for Hawkeye vol 4. I know Amazon is a little behind, but not usually that much.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

beergod posted:

So are the arguments for/against physical comics versus digital ones similar to the vinyl vs. digital music debate? I read mostly digital but god the stuff you guys have looks so drat cool. I dont even know where id start.

It's like CDs vs digital music.

Vinyl vs. digital music is like someone going "Well I prefer the 1940's era paper, the colors have so much more warmth and soul, and I feel the story deep in my heart in a way that modern paper just can't produce. It's too white, too sterile, too cold."

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Ikea Expedit + moving: move as-is, or try to disassemble first?

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Do they disassemble and reassemble well? Or will it be looser from pulling the plugs out of the holes and everything? I have a 5x5 and am thinking it'd be quite an ordeal to get it down my stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I just read most of the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus for the first time last night, and it was different than the version in my head created through cultural osmosis. Two big things I kept expecting to happen that never did: 1) Blackbolt playing a big role and going berserk and 2) Captain America weilding Mjolnir. I imagine the Blackbolt thing is probably from more recent cosmic events (War of Kings or whatever?) but the Cap/Mjolnir one mystifies me even after extensive Googling. When Steve kinda made the hammer budge in the Age of Ultron movie, I thought everyone instantly latched onto it as teasing that this iconic Steve w/Mjolnir vs. Thanos confrontation was going to happen in Avengers 3/4. But if that never even happened in the comics, how did this idea just spontaneously erupt into being on such a widespread level?