Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Does anyone know why BPRD vol 2 is "Under Review" at Amazon? I got my copy yesterday and have only flipped through it, but I can't see anything wrong with it.

Hopefully it's not something like a few pages out of order that I won't notice until way later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I didn't expect Borders to have anything I wanted, but there were a few things I snagged at 60%. They had a LOT of Siege books, Naruto, Doonesbury hardcovers, etc. Also like 20 copies of a comic called The Griff which I've never heard of.

I may go back and get some more of Monster, and the HC of Stumptown.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

wildlele posted:

Batman: Detective, collects #821-826, April 2007, ISBN 978-1401212391
Batman: Death and the City, collects #827-834, November 2007, ISBN 978-1401215750
Batman: Private Casebook, collects #840-845 and DC Infinite Halloween Special, November 2009, ISBN 978-1401220150 (Hardcover: December 2008, ISBN 978-1401220099)
Batman: Heart of Hush, collects #846-850, March 2010, ISBN 978-1401221249 (Hardcover: April 2009, ISBN 978-1401221232)

Also, #838 and #839 are in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul TPB.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I really hope DC puts out another Showcase of Warlord. I just finished reading volume one. A really fun book, once you get past the kind of cliched, goofy premise. Mike Grell's artwork is gorgeous in black and white. Definitely one of my favorite Showcases so far.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

It's weird how that Terminator 2 video game ad will probably be forever imprinted in my brain, but I can't recall any ads from the last new comic I read.

Also binding your comics with the ads is a PRO move, they definitely add some nice nostalgia.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Some other good stuff

RESURRECTION MAN VOL. 1 TP
Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
Art by BUTCH GUICE, JOE PHILLIPS, TOM GRINDBERG, MIKE MCKONE and others
Cover by BUTCH GUICE
On sale JANUARY 11 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US
Issues #1-14 of the cult favorite series is collected at last!
Mitch Shelley can be killed, but every time he comes back, he has a different power – a new ability that sometimes is a blessing, sometimes a deadly curse.
His deaths and rebirths leave him disoriented, but with the help of a new friend, Mitch discovers bits of his past, although the origin of his powers remains a mystery. Meanwhile, Resurrection Man’s creators have set the ruthless female assassins called the Body Doubles on his trail. Also pursuing Mitch is a sociopath named Hooker, a test survivor like Mitch with one big difference: Hooker’s body is not repairing itself.

CATWOMAN VOL. 1 TP
Written by ED BRUBAKER and DARWYN COOKE
Art by DARWYN COOKE, BRAD RADER, CAMERON STEWART, MICHAEL ALLRED and RICK BURCHETT
Cover by DARWYN COOKE
On sale JANUARY 25 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US
Don’t miss this new collection of CATWOMAN: SELINA’S BIG SCORE, plus stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #759-762 and CATWOMAN #1-9, featuring the work of Ed Brubaker, Darwyn Cooke and more!

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS CHRONICLES VOL. 1 TP
Written by LARRY IVIE, WALLY WOOD and others
Art by WALLY WOOD, MIKE SEKOWSKY, GIL KANE, GEORGE TUSKA, REED CRANDALL and others Cover by WALLY WOOD • On sale JANUARY 4 • 248 pg, FC, $29.99 US
The first four issues of the sensational adventure comic originally published by Tower Comics are collected in this new series presenting the 1960s adventures of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents in chronological order for the very first time!

DC UNIVERSE: SECRET ORIGINS HC
Written by VARIOUS
Art by VARIOUS
Montage cover
On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 320 pg, FC, $39.99 US
The classic Silver Age titles are collected in hardcover for the first time, including SECRET ORIGINS #1, MORE SECRET ORIGINS #1, EVEN MORE SECRET ORIGINS #1 and WEIRD SECRET ORIGINS #1! Don’t miss the origins of Wonder Woman, the Superman/Batman team, The Challengers of the Unknown, Martian Manhunter, the Justice League of America, Aquaman, The Flash, The Atom, Bizarro and more!

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there any plans for a fourth Brubaker Captain America Omnibus?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

wildlele posted:

The Kamandi Omnibus is blowing my mind. What a steal for only $35. I'm trying to pace it out and only read 2 stories a day though so it will last but I just want to rip through it :(

I ripped through it. It was a lot of fun. The stories get kind of repetitive, basically a different animal a week, but it's Kirby at his best. Can't wait for volume 2.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

JackDarko posted:

Would you guys mind checking your local stores if they have the Batman Broken City Hardcover? I'd pay whatever price they want for it (so long as it's reasonable, retail) and pay shipping. Or if any of you guys have it and want to sell it if it's in good condition I will buy it.
I have one with no dustjacket if you're interested. PM if you are.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Goddamnit I am sick of preordering books on Amazon. They never ship in proper packaging and every other book I get is damaged.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

How awesome would it be if DC kept the price points the same for the next round of trades? $14.99 for a 7-issue trade is a drat good deal, and hopefully Amazon discounts that their standard ~30% or so. Could be looking at a $10, 144 page collection.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Did anyone get the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus? It sounds kind of dumb but I'm considering downgrading from my Absolutes to it. How is the book overall?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Holy poo poo here I was last night just hoping for nice editions of The Invisibles, Animal Man and Doom Patrol, since it seems like everything Grant Morrison has written for DC is getting a nice hardcover.

All over that thing.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

I'm selling lots of TPBs and a few nice hardcovers (omnibus, Absolutes, OSHCs) over in SA Mart, come check it out!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3452728

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

It doesn't have the one-shots? Weak

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Huh? Isn't Absolute Batman and Robin coming out later this year?

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/12/15/absolute-batman-robin-batman-reborn/

EDIT DAMNIT

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Slayer1597 posted:

I would like to know what is up with these : http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Batman-Knightfall-Vol-1-Various/9781401233792-item.html?ikwid=knightfall&ikwsec=Home

Both Vol.1 and Vol.2

I already own Knightfall:Broken Bat and Knightfall:Who Owns the Night, and Knightend is on the way in the mail, but is are these 2 volumes Knightquest? or is it something else?
DC is coming out with new editions of the Knight-books that reprint a more complete version than the last ones.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Yay! My girlfriend has no interest in comics but she flips through the Hellboy library editions because they are so big and fuzzy and pretty.

I'd like to follow Hellboy and BPRD monthly but the collected editions are nice enough to wait for.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

^burtle posted:

So how are the New 52 trades?

I only have the Animal Man one so far and it's just a basic trade. The top of the spine seems to be color coded based on what group it belongs to like The Dark or The Edge.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Random Stranger your collection is awesome! Nice variety.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

obi_ant posted:

If I already have the three Ultimate Collection books for New X-Men, would it be worth it to pick up the re-print of the omnibus?
Igor Kordey's art really shines in the oversized format!

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

mbright220 posted:

Does anyone know if Hellboy Library Edition Volume 1 is going back to print? I can't seem to find it anywhere at a decent price.

Buy it soon! Dat paper quality :flashfap:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Just finished volume 8 of Invincible and I'm wondering if anyone knew if Kirkman was planning to end Invincible anytime soon, or was he going to "make it last as long as possible" like Walking Dead.

Also, is the Wolverine Adamantium Collection worth the $100 asking price? I'm not into "older" Wolverine stuff (90s or older, can't stand the art) but it seems the collection is *just* older stuff?

Seems like the only stories worth reading in the Adamantium edition are the "old" ones so you probably shouldn't spend $125 on a gimmicky, scattershot book.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Metal Loaf posted:

Yeah, I like it a lot, so I'm wondering if it would be worth selling my Masterworks and getting the omni when the reprint comes out.

I'd say no but I prefer the smaller Masterworks format to unwieldy Omnibuses.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, this is true, but I'll still take an omnibus over pretty much any other collected format. I can understand why people find them unwieldy, but like I said, I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

I mean the fact that you can't actually hold it and read at the same time doesn't bother you at all? I appreciate the fact that an omnibus collects so much material in one book, but I'd much rather have the same material in three separate volumes.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Thanks for this. Grabbed The Underwater Welder, Alec: The Years Have Pants (hardcover for $8??), The From Hell Companion ($3, why the hell not?!), and Infinite Kung-Fu which I already have digitally but I wanted a physical copy.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Is anyone planning on buying the Iron Man "Epic Collection"? I'm really curious to see how these books turn out. People have been wanting colored Essentials books for a long time.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

TheManWithNoName posted:

Is anyone planning on buying the Iron Man "Epic Collection"? I'm really curious to see how these books turn out. People have been wanting colored Essentials books for a long time.

Answering my own question, I took a glance at a copy at the store today. It really is just a colored Essential book. 20+ issues on semi-glossy paper. No numbers on the spine either, but it does say Volume 10 of the Iron Man series on the back of the book, which is a nice touch for the spergs. I don't really care for Iron Man that much but I can see myself getting Spider-Man or F4 collections down the road. I guess the problem I have with this line is that much of what they are releasing first has never been reprinted for a reason.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

sporklift posted:

I just got my copy of the Fantagraphics Usagi Yojimbo box set and drat it is a nice book. I wish Darkhorse would put library editions of Usagi out. Digest sized TPBs don't do comics justice. Even if they put out something like the BPRD hardcovers... Is Usagi just not that big of a seller?

I'm pretty sure there was a two volume hardcover set a few years ago. Or is that what you're referring to?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

How many Stray Bullets giant hardcovers are there? Three? I've got the first one and suddenly today I was struck with the idea that soon Stray Bullets will be impossible to read and there will never be any more.

There are 3, the third volume is pretty hard to find though. I think a fourth was solicited but it never came out.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

So I'm an idiot and never bought the F4 masterworks 2 TPB and it's apparently out of print. Does anyone have a line on a copy or one they want to get rid of? I'm referring to the softcover with the black spine.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Shameless posted:

Surprised they're hitting all the volume 1's so early into the life of the range though as that's the stuff that's been collected plenty of times already. I'd rather they concentrated on the stuff that hasn't been reprinted but whatyagonnado?

I believe that they are doing the vol 1s at two a month instead of one, so that's not too bad, they're not taking up too many release slots.

I think the Vol. 1's are being released to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Marvel.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Speaking of X-Men the first volume in the Epic Collection has been sighted at Hachette's website. Will be interesting to see how it progresses considering most of the series is already collected.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Wow the spine of the new Luba TPB credits Jaime instead of Gilbert. Whoops! Usually Fantagraphics is more on top of things.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Well Marvel isn't wasting any time reprinting Dark Horse Star Wars comics:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

What is that collecting?

http://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-announces-star-wars-legends-epic-collection

COLLECTING: STAR WARS: REPUBLIC 78-80, STAR WARS: PURGE 1, STAR WARS: PURGE — SECONDS TO DIE 1, STAR WARS: PURGE — THE HIDDEN BLADE 1, STAR WARS: PURGE — THE TYRANT’S FIST 1-2, STAR WARS: DARTH VADER AND THE LOST COMMAND 1-5, STAR WARS: DARK TIMES 1-5

All from 2005 to 2012.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

God drat it, so much for reprints in publication order.

It's interesting because originally the Epic Collection line was pretty much going to be straight publication order (in random volumes), but this Star Wars one seems much more curated. The press release says they plan on printing everything eventually, but it looks like Marvel is more concerned with story order.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

The complete Little Nemo is gigantic and you should buy it:

With Hellboy Library edition for comparison:

It comes with an additional book about McCay and the strip's history, in a nice carrying case.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Uthor posted:

Who makes that?

Taschen. I believe this is the first time it's all been collected in one volume, but there are so many editions over the years it's hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Holy gently caress.

The Secret Wars box set is carrying a $500 price tag.

Isn't that the same as the recent Marvel 75th box? 10 hardcovers @ $50 each, minus whatever discount you can find online.