Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Amazon currently has the Acts of Vengeance Omnibus for $46.61. Yeah, some might not see it as a deal considering it's Acts of Vengeance, but I thought there may be someone on the boards who might be interested. Unfortunately, the Crossovers companion book is still $60+.

http://www.amazon.com/Acts-Vengeance-Omnibus-Chris-Claremont/dp/0785144641/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330652111&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Don't know if this is an error on Amazon's part or if they'll even honor the price, but for those of you who have been picking up the Annotated Sandman volumes, they currently have vol.3 listed for $10.97.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Holy poo poo, The Colossal Conan book is huge!

Sorry for lovely Vita pic, but here it is sitting next to the Simonson Thor omnibus.

It's about a half inch thicker, too.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

It's a little unwieldy to hold and read on your lap, but I thumbed through the book and I didn't notice any gutter loss. So it's technically readable.

I'd highly recommend taking a prone position on your couch/bed/floor with the book lying in front of you if you want any semblance of being comfortable while reading it.

Or else buy a sturdy lectern...

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Cloks posted:

Whatever issues InStockTrades was having with warehouse movement seem to be resolved, I placed an order on Wednesday last week and got it on Sunday.

Their shipping time may have improved (4 of my orders I've made since the week after last Thanksgiving were in hand 7-8 days after ordering) but their inventory tracking on the site sucks.

My 5th order resulted in an email saying one of my books was out of stock and asking if I wanted to sub another title or get a refund. I went with a sub and then got another email saying my sub pick was out of stock. 2nd time, I opted for the refund. And both titles are still showing up as being able to be added to the cart.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

I've only had one bad experience with them since last November (see about 10 posts up) and it was resolved. I've used them frequently since then and had no issues.

Their shipping times have been decent since Ive been using them and their packaging has always been excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Urethane posted:

Does anyone know the best way to track when Marvel Omnibus reprints are happening? I really want a copy of Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol 2 but it seems to sell out within weeks of reprinting. It was last reprinted in 2020 so probably due for another one in the next year or two and I don't want to miss it.

Uncanny Omni #2 is supposed to be getting a reprint next year, according to Omar from NMC:

https://youtu.be/D2OtNc3prRc?feature=shared

r/OmnibusCollectors is probably one of the best ways to keep track of Marvel omnibus release dates. They've got a pinned post that has links to NMC videos for upcoming new/reprint releases that have been announced.