Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

While we're talkin Cheetah's can someone explain to me why when Beretta made the Browning BDA 380, they took a Cheetah, gave it a normal ejection port without the exposed barrel (for Gtab perhaps?) but then put on the worst feature: slide mounted safety. ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

IuniusBrutus posted:

I'd prefer an 85, but those are expensive, it seems.

this. It calls to me. Needs some wood grips, but besides that (and CAI horrible import stamp): http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329437257

I'm going to take a wild-rear end-guess and say that's not an 84BB. The recurved trigger guard makes me think it's an 84F. Which may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about decockers.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

infrared35 posted:

I'm going to take a wild-rear end-guess and say that's not an 84BB. The recurved trigger guard makes me think it's an 84F. Which may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about decockers.

The seller's tag in the picture says 84F.

I love the 85 on paper, I wish I had run into one.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Operating Rod posted:

:( :fh:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329597777#PIC

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Operating Rod posted:

Bah, I just went by the auction title. The seller appears to be an idiot.

And the 85 is awesome. The 84 is definitely nice, but the 85 is a little sleeker.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 18, 2013

towelieban
Feb 19, 2013

I've had my eyes on a Beretta 96 for the longest time now. Just can't seem to find one for anywhere close to a decent price around my way.

Always my pistol of choice when playing as a terrorist in CS :jihad:

towelieban fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 19, 2013

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

New(used) freakishly thin Trausch grips! I like them(oh god why didn't I buy a Vertec)! What's a non-dumb price to dump my Crimson Trace LG-402M grips?

Bobcats fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 22, 2013

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

towelieban posted:

I've had my eyes on a Beretta 96 for the longest time now. Just can't seem to find one for anywhere close to a decent price around my way.

J&G Sales and Aim Surplus are probably your best bet. Keep an eye on Gander Mountain's website, they seem to get surplus batches in from time to time. That's where I got mine.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I just replaced my 92FS poly trigger and spring with the steel trigger and wolff reduced-power spring, and the trigger doesn't always fully return to its DA position when dry firing. When I dry fire and cock the slide with my finger holding the trigger down, the SA reset is fine. I have a factory Beretta "D" spring and the Elite skeleton hammer, if that matters. Any ideas? Should I get the regular or extra power wolff spring?

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Is the trigger bar fitting exactly in the trigger?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bobcats posted:

Is the trigger bar fitting exactly in the trigger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyl3Woqzy1Y

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 3, 2013

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

At armorer's school we were told to always avoid the reduced power trigger springs because of reliability issues, but we were working exclusively on D guns.

TATPants
Mar 28, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

I just replaced my 92FS poly trigger and spring with the steel trigger and wolff reduced-power spring, and the trigger doesn't always fully return to its DA position when dry firing. When I dry fire and cock the slide with my finger holding the trigger down, the SA reset is fine. I have a factory Beretta "D" spring and the Elite skeleton hammer, if that matters. Any ideas? Should I get the regular or extra power wolff spring?

I have all the same mods except that I have a 1911 mainspring instead of a D spring, and my gun works great. I don't see any mechanical problems with yours. Maybe you should break it down, clean every part, and then put it back together. There is a small chance that you didn't put something in the correct place. I mean no offense in that because I have done some incredibly dumb things while tearing down my Beretta, e.g. launching the trigger bar spring across my living room multiple times and forgetting that the hammer spring guide exists and dropping it underneath my sofa before realizing my gun doesn't work.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

An old friend has come back home.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

That is wrong in all the right ways.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Oh, man. Assuming the slide was legal to put on a regular frame (and it was about a quarter of its current asking price), I could make the most awesome Beretta PPC gun ever.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Oh, man. Assuming the slide was legal to put on a regular frame (and it was about a quarter of its current asking price), I could make the most awesome Beretta PPC gun ever.

Check Beretta Forum, a while ago there were group buys for repro SGS comps. Not sure if there is a current run or not.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Well, I have a white whale now. Beretta 92G-SD:

I had no idea these existed until 5 minutes ago, and now I really want one.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Hey, get in line for the G slides! Your quest is our quest.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

What is a G slide?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

QuarkMartial posted:

What is a G slide?

De-cocker only rather than the standard de-cocker/safety.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Bobcats posted:

Hey, get in line for the G slides! Your quest is our quest.
Brigadier G-slide. Real talk, if anyone sees one of these, I'm saving money starting now.

TATPants
Mar 28, 2011

Heck, I just want a 96 Brigadier upper. I've got the railed lower from my M9A1, but I would looove to shoot some some .40 out of this guy at some point.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

TATPants posted:

Heck, I just want a 96 Brigadier upper. I've got the railed lower from my M9A1, but I would looove to shoot some some .40 out of this guy at some point.

If you don't mind stainless, there's always eBay.

TATPants
Mar 28, 2011

infrared35 posted:

If you don't mind stainless, there's always eBay.

:hfive: I have no preference for the finish and I will be watching this one. I hope this doesn't go for 1 Kilobuck

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

infrared35 posted:

An old friend has come back home.

I need one of these. Where do I get it?

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Quick question: Do I want a Neos for $250 or so?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Quick answer: no, according to TFR people. Insane Totoro can probably give you a more complete "no" answer.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Gtab posted:

I need one of these. Where do I get it?

I got it from some random surplus store that advertised in Shotgun News a LONG time ago. It's "FKG 23-13-7" and my weak Google-fu only turns up one company selling a version printed on coated heavy-duty paper.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

DeesGrandpa posted:

What I've heard is while the Neos isn't a bad gun, there are better .22 pistols in that price range. If it was going for $199 or less I'd probably go for it.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

DeesGrandpa posted:

$250 is solid low end of "used Ruger/Buckmark" territory.

Also I am writing right now a review on just how awful the Neos is even though I only paid $80 or so for mine.

Actually my hatred of the Neos is almost legendary.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Insane Totoro posted:

Also I am writing right now a review on just how awful the Neos is even though I only paid $80 or so for mine.

Actually my hatred of the Neos is almost legendary.

I paid 199 for my ruger MkIII

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I paid 199 for my ruger MkIII

I hate wherever it is you live

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Insane Totoro posted:

I hate wherever it is you live

Connecticut. Me too.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Connecticut. Me too.

Why haven't you moved to PA yet so we can touch M&Ps

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Insane Totoro posted:

Weren't Mark III 22/45s like $280 brand new not so long ago?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Operating Rod posted:

Weren't Mark III 22/45s like $280 brand new not so long ago?

$230ish 6 months ago

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Yeah I'd take a Neos if it was sub-$100. In hindsight.

Over $200? Hahaha no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

Yeah I'd take a Neos if it was sub-$100. In hindsight.

But you just said you hated your Neos even though you got it for $80? :confused: