Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

my wallet is so thin dawg don't tell me these things

Holy frijoles those 17 rounders are about twice as expensive as the 15s. No thanks
On Beretta's site, they're only 95 cents more than the factory 15s. They haven't been out that long, so I doubt the prices will stay high forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...

Mad Dragon posted:

On Beretta's site, they're only 95 cents more than the factory 15s. They haven't been out that long, so I doubt the prices will stay high forever.

yeah but they're incredibly overpriced at Beretta's site, I'll get some 15s from CDNN.

Chemystery
Sep 11, 2011

Maybe this world is another planet's hell...

Moth,

You should consider installing a D spring and a skeletonized hammer. It would look cooler and smoothen out the trigger a wee-bit. Also, it won't massacre your wallet (i.e. $30 bucks?)

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm not sure a lighter hammer and "weaker" spring together would be a good idea. I installed the hammer on mine, and it seems like it improved the trigger pull by itself.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Same here. I hate doing the overhand thing, especially with a Beretta.

Get some tighter gloves that fit your better.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Packard Goose posted:

Get some tighter gloves that fit your better.

That was just for demonstration purposes. So I wouldn't have to actually pinch my hand in the slide to take a picture.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

I find the overhanded manipulation to be a lot easier on emergency reloads (slide locked back) as i can transition more seamlessly from the mag insertion to manipulating the slide. Using thumb + index finger means i have to push out to the left, then put my support hand back on the grip, then pull the gun out and push out again to put my front sight on target.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Well it's very misleading

Answer your PM!

To contribute, are there any 92FS style frames that are conceal and carry friendly?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 25, 2011

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Packard Goose posted:

Answer your PM!

To contribute, are there any 92FS style frames that are conceal and carry friendly?

Done.

And yeah, there's a 13-shot "compact" and there's the Type M compact which is a single-stack 8-shot.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Chemystery posted:

Moth,

You should consider installing a D spring and a skeletonized hammer. It would look cooler and smoothen out the trigger a wee-bit. Also, it won't massacre your wallet (i.e. $30 bucks?)

I'm going to get the improved recoil springs (20 lbs). The recoil is already negligible but why not:
http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/BERETTA/92,%2096,%20AND%20CENTURION/cID1/mID2/dID36#61

I know about the hammer but not familiar with the D Spring?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Bigass Moth posted:

I know about the hammer but not familiar with the D Spring?

The D spring is the hammer spring from a D-series (DAO) gun which dramatically lightens the double-action pull and also lightens the single action pull. I think the double action pull on a normal Beretta is about 15 pounds, but with a D spring it's more like 8 pounds.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Done.

And yeah, there's a 13-shot "compact" and there's the Type M compact which is a single-stack 8-shot.

I suppose I should just get a Glock 17 rather than a single stack 8 shot 9mm I would think.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

infrared35 posted:

The D spring is the hammer spring from a D-series (DAO) gun which dramatically lightens the double-action pull and also lightens the single action pull. I think the double action pull on a normal Beretta is about 15 pounds, but with a D spring it's more like 8 pounds.

I'll look into that, the initial pull is pretty heavy.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Packard Goose posted:

I suppose I should just get a Glock 17 rather than a single stack 8 shot 9mm I would think.

A 17 isn't what I would call CCW "friendly." The weight is good, but it's a fairly large handgun.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Little late, but can I join the Beretta party? I am wearing an appropriate hat.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

You may join, but we do collect dues. Simply send me your G model and we will be happy to accept you.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Uh, okay. But if I send you my hat, I won't have anything to wear to the party...

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Replyin in the Beretta thread

I used to hate Beretta handguns, for the most part. Especially 92/96's. Looooooooong triggers and slide mounted safeties drove me crazy. But eventually they wore me down with their slick actions and smooth, sexy trigger pulls. I really do wish that they were shorter though. This thread is total torture. It has proven to me that the best Berettas are the Berettas we can't have in Canada. Those 84's are gorgeous, and I love Tomcats with their cute little flip up barrels.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Is swapping in a D-spring something a regular jerk can do?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

thermobollocks posted:

Is swapping in a D-spring something a regular jerk can do?

Yes. There should be a DIY linked on the first page.

edit: ...or not. It was in my box thread.

http://beretta92fs.com/index.html

editer: That little pin might just fall out, or it might be a roll pin. Mine was a roll pin, so I had to hammer it out.

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 26, 2011

Chemystery
Sep 11, 2011

Maybe this world is another planet's hell...

I really don't recommend this, but I have known a few people who went as far as to shave off a coil or two from the standard factory D spring to get an even better trigger. Frankly, the D spring installation fixes that horridly long DA and I personally left mine as it is. Anyone with a 92 series needs to strongly consider a factory D spring in their 'retta. Install is easy and requires a screwdriver/allen key + 10 minutes.

The hammer doesn't do poo poo but adds to an aesthetical appeal.

HappyCapybaraFamily, welcome to the party.

Chemystery fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 27, 2011

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Mad Dragon posted:

Yes. There should be a DIY linked on the first page.

edit: ...or not. It was in my box thread.

http://beretta92fs.com/index.html

It's in the link section in the OP.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 27, 2011

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Uh, okay. But if I send you my hat, I won't have anything to wear to the party...

It's a TFR party, clothing is optional.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

DrakeriderCa posted:

...This thread is total torture. It has proven to me that the best Berettas are the Berettas we can't have in Canada. Those 84's are gorgeous, and I love Tomcats with their cute little flip up barrels.

Combine the two and have the best of both worlds with the 86 Cheetah:

They are single-stacks, too bad Beretta never made a double-stack 86 for my own amusement.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Butch Cassidy posted:

Combine the two and have the best of both worlds with the 86 Cheetah:

They are single-stacks, too bad Beretta never made a double-stack 86 for my own amusement.

oh my god that is the cutest thing ever

BennyJ
Aug 7, 2003

I just got my new 28" barrel, 12 Ga Beretta Teknys Gold Sporting, the wood on this fun is fantastic

There are other images over in my box thread

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Oldest picture i Could find of my beretta shotgun. From 2001, me hunting grouse.

2003, spot the shotgun.

From 2008

Well, I have used my beretta for a long time now.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

If anyone wanted a Beretta 92G, Summit Gun Broker got in a few. $395 with original box, $375 without, and includes 2 15rd mags.

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

BennyJ posted:

I just got my new 28" barrel, 12 Ga Beretta Teknys Gold Sporting, the wood on this fun is fantastic

There are other images over in my box thread

I can't tell from any of the pictures what the top of your receiver looks like. It is stainless or blued?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Bottom gun is an AL 2 built in 1974. It is (from what I can tell) an A302 re-branded and imported by Garcia for the American market.
I found this gun in a pawn shop and liked it so much I went and purchased the top gun: A Beretta 3901. I then felt bad that I had two Beretta autoloaders and my son had none, so I gave him the 3901 (it stays in my safe, so I get to pretend it's still mine).
the gun in the middle is this:

The newest addition to my small Beretta collection, a model 84F. I had handled one at the local range, and loved the way it fit my hand, so I picked this one up. The trigger is nice compared to my Arcus, it is so crisp. It is a little beat up, but still a handsome gun.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

GEEKABALL posted:

The newest addition to my small Beretta collection, a model 84F. I had handled one at the local range, and loved the way it fit my hand, so I picked this one up. The trigger is nice compared to my Arcus, it is so crisp. It is a little beat up, but still a handsome gun.

Yessss. Welcome to the club.

BennyJ
Aug 7, 2003

Absolut_V posted:

I can't tell from any of the pictures what the top of your receiver looks like. It is stainless or blued?

stainless

Sporto
Oct 16, 2010

The Slayer walks the earth!

Here's one for all of you Leon/Robocop/Shadowrun fans. And fans of abrasive photography skills:

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

SadWhaleFamily posted:

If anyone wanted a Beretta 92G, Summit Gun Broker got in a few. $395 with original box, $375 without, and includes 2 15rd mags.

Bare with me I'm stupid,

I've been wanting a 92FS or an M9 for as long as I could remember but could never quite justify the expense. After a little research it seems that the 92G is virtually the same besides the lack of safety and the de-cocker. Am I correct in this assumption or is it much more than that?

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Action-Bastard posted:

Bare with me I'm stupid,

I've been wanting a 92FS or an M9 for as long as I could remember but could never quite justify the expense. After a little research it seems that the 92G is virtually the same besides the lack of safety and the de-cocker. Am I correct in this assumption or is it much more than that?

92G is decocker-only, but otherwise identical to the FS. Basically, you have a safe way to lower the hammer without pulling the trigger, but it's in the same place as a 92FS' safety/decocker is.

Edit: I thought your post meant "the 92G has neither a safety nor a decocker"

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Action-Bastard posted:

Bare with me I'm stupid,

Yeah, it's a Beretta 92 that is decocker-only, no manual safety, still DA/SA, though the gun doesn't automatically decock on first round chambering like the 92FS, so you get an SA pull on the first shot. At least that's what I heard from HappyCapybaraFamily, who has shot the 92FS and has a 92G now.

edit: gently caress your destiny thermobollocks

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

SadWhaleFamily posted:

edit: gently caress your destiny thermobollocks

You're welcome any time.

The FS doesn't decock if you chamber a round with the safety off.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Awesome, thanks guys. Looks like I'll be keeping an eye out for a 92G when I've saved up some money.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

SadWhaleFamily posted:

though the gun doesn't automatically decock on first round chambering like the 92FS, so you get an SA pull on the first shot.

A 92FS only decocks when you chamber a round if you chamber a round with the safety on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

BennyJ posted:

stainless

I have the stainless sides but went with the blued top to keep the sun out. Do you have any trouble with glare?