Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

hangedman posted:

Ha! Why am I not surprised that the early-model 92 is part of your collection, LSP? Even with the finish wear, the gun is a head turner.

Are you kidding? Finish wear just makes Berettas look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Naramyth posted:

Boo. :(

What?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

This probably belongs here, I forgot we had a Beretta thread.

All I can say is that holy drat this is a fine piece of shooting iron. The detail that went into this gun is astonishing.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

ZenMastaT posted:

Here is a Beretta of a different stripe altogether

More photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/112880295708351096401/Beretta682OU

I managed to snag this off gunbroker for the seemingly great price of $1500. Haven't had a chance to take it out to the skeet range to see if it actually works properly yet but everything seems to be in order. Came with a fancy lord's leather edged case with BERETTA stamped on it and everything.

The next Beretta I buy will probably be a 96G if I can find one since I hear that is one of the softest shooting .40S&W guns around.

Beretta shotguns own. I love the workmanship that went into mine, I just wish the stock hadn't been chopped down on it.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Why would that surprise you? Beretta has been in business since 1526. I think it is part of why I am always so drat drawn to Berettas. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to satisfy my Beretta lust while maintaining my general policy of only buying old guns. Good old Berettas don't seem to crop up that often.

Also, for the record. Wheel Locks are one of the craziest and most awesome of all gun designs. It's a wind up gun!

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

"Patriot Brown"

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Am I wrong to want a Beretta 86?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=337706058

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

infrared35 posted:

They're really neat guns, but they're hard to find holsters for if you're considering carrying it.

Nah, its just a toy. I'm sure I will carry my J frame until the end of time.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

The correct choice is Beretta 86

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Aren't you just proving his point?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Want, badly.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Tis a proper white whale of mine.

Honestly, I love berettas. I never have stopped loving berettas. I don't like shooting them, or much about them mechanically for that matter, but that doesn't stop me from loving them.

So a hot Beretta revolver would be something I would absolutely love to own.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Also, they technically have some Beretta single action revolvers, not really.

Those little things I was unaware of, but they don't really interest me like the ported .357 from the early 80's in the picture.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-84-Faux-Stag-Grips-/131065332750?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e841a440e

Why should other guns hog all the fugly grips?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Guessing they mean a beretta 1951 here; http://www.ebay.com/itm/361061629126?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Heiser made an extremely nice holster, if anyone wanted a neat holster to go with their 1951 this would certainly be a unique and classy accessory.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Silver-Handmade-Custom-Beretta-84-Pistol-Grips-pair-dated-1963-/301753106653?hash=item4641e300dd

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Hah, glad to see that auction has stirred something up. I rarely find exciting and interesting old beretta grips.

I am not certain how to tell what they are made of, but I think they are actually silver. They look like something someone cast at home.

With Siam and '63 on there I'd start off with looking at Thai units.

Has anyone discussed the.. script? Writing? at the top/bottom of the right panel?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Congratulations. I suspect you now own a rather interesting bit of militaria. I'm really going to be curious to see what you find on them.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

infrared35 posted:

Why the gently caress have none of you bid on that yet?

Done.

You happy?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

I fully planned to watch it for a couple days and sell poo poo to fund a bid if it looked like it would go for $affordable.

I only have that opening bid on there, feel free to outbid me.

I just figure if no one else bid and I won it for 200 I would be happy, anything more and someone else should own it.

Oddly enough I have won a number of guns in just this fashion.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Quickshanks posted:

It wasn't even called Siam in '63.

These grips are designed to be a mindfuck.

Lots of these old weird militaria pieces are like that. Dudes made them for all sorts of reasons to commemorate lord knows what. It's sad they aren't in the original family.

On another note.

Wasn't the gun they go on not actually designed until the mid 1970s?

Also, my grandmother called it Siam because she liked the sound of it. Old people do that.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Frankly I find a nearly unfinished stock preferable to a finished stock with some sort of wierd poo poo on it that I don't like.

Less poo poo to strip off to put a proper oil finish on there.

I hate varnish.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

When the military chooses a new pistol should we expect a flood of M9 milsurp in the US?

Maybe if President Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789256421