Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

Berettas are okay, I guess.

my bullets won't fit! and that's the only thing I dislike about it.

If it were in .22 it would be perfection, but oh well, it was free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

infrared35 posted:

Yeah, but not Eurpoean-style. It's still a regular push button, it's just down toward the bottom of the grip. It's really not that bad, even if it does require the use of your support hand to operate it quickly.
Seconding this, I have two guns that use this style and actually really like it. Basically places the support hand right in place to catch the ejected magazine.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

hangedman posted:

Anyone had any experience with a .22 series 70 Beretta? Barring that, anyone in here own a series 70 at all? I've loved the way they looked but have never had the opportunity to shoot one.

I've got a Series 70 in .380 and it's okay. It LOOKS fantastic and its ergonomics are awesome, and every time I shoot it I'm disappointed it's not in .22. :saddowns:

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

SOLD! (well, pending funds)

Part of me will miss this gun, part of me says good riddance. On one hand it's a .380, I dislike having to buy another caliber for a range toy, I have better guns for carry, I really need money instead. On the other hand it fits my hand perfectly, points naturally and I love its looks.

If it were in .22 I would never let it go.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

This will be my first gun in .380, but given that I currently own handguns in .32 ACP, 7.65mm Longue, 9x18mm, 9x19mm, .45 ACP, 7.62 tok, .38 Special, .44 Magnum, and will soon have one in .357 Magnum, a variety of ammo for range toys isn't a big deal. I posted a while back about how I wanted one, and now I will...I seriously need to stop buying guns. A PCS to a foreign country can't come soon enough.
drat! :D Is there ANY source for new production 7.65 Longue?
I'm down to five handgun calibers, the only oddball being .380/200, and that might be for sale next. Anyway, enjoy the Beretta, you should have it Thursday or Friday.

One day I'll get a 71 or 74 in .22. There IS somewhere a conversion kit that would've fit my 70, but the only time I saw it for sale the price approached new gun territory, and it's basically the upper assembly of the Model 76. Ugly thing.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

That's like saying, that's one exquisitely polished turd.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

Flikken posted:

There is nothing superior about being wrong handed.
Yup. There's something sinister about those people.

A Beretta (not mine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

From what I know they were actually pretty good guns, just with bad reputation. There were some issues with undersized bullets for instance though I don't remember details. And then, the fascists loved short little carbines - the 6.5mm long rifle was converted en masse to M38 and others just by chopping length off the front end. Those barrels had progressive twist rifling so this did the accuracy no favors.