Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Operating Rod posted:

Second retarded question: why would anyone ever rack a slide overhand instead of slingshot?

I find it more comfortable/natural to slingshot...maybe I've watched too many action movies or my hands/wrists are just retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Sten Freak posted:

I've always been a fan of the 92FS, if for no other reason than Riggs and Lethal Weapon viewing during my formative years.

I have a (hurr) Taurus PT100 in .40 which has been great but I want a Beretta in 9mm and of the Riggs' era. Is there any particular sub model or designation I should look for or avoid?

I feel you are obliged to only shot cop killa bullets out of this gun when you get it.

I don't think there's anything too complicated about Riggs' gun; I would just look for a straight 92F.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

O great Beretta thread, if I am seriously considering getting some sort of Cheetah, and if I am fairly certain I have it narrowed down to either the 84 or 85, should I go for the single stack or double stack?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Butch Cassidy posted:

The 84 is identical in dimension to the CZ 82. If you want thinner to avoid buying something so similar, then the 85 would be your option.

Well then, I think that answers that.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

So I've never heard of this before, but I think I want one.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Butch Cassidy posted:

Or the Beretta thread. You unworthy bastard.

So just FYI, I've got a BM59 (without a giggle switch, of course) headed my way.

Along the lines of Beretta rifles, here is a thing I found on gunbroker that someone should totally buy.

Question about the 70 series...the one I posted had a 1911 style safety, which I get, but how the hell does the safety on one like this work? A button safety? Button decocker?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

SOLD! (well, pending funds)

Part of me will miss this gun, part of me says good riddance. On one hand it's a .380, I dislike having to buy another caliber for a range toy, I have better guns for carry, I really need money instead. On the other hand it fits my hand perfectly, points naturally and I love its looks.

If it were in .22 I would never let it go.

Your loss is my gain (and my second Beretta)!

Funds sent

This will be my first gun in .380, but given that I currently own handguns in .32 ACP, 7.65mm Longue, 9x18mm, 9x19mm, .45 ACP, 7.62 tok, .38 Special, .44 Magnum, and will soon have one in .357 Magnum, a variety of ammo for range toys isn't a big deal. I posted a while back about how I wanted one, and now I will...I seriously need to stop buying guns. A PCS to a foreign country can't come soon enough.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Doom Rooster posted:

I am thinking about snagging a 9mm CX4 (if I can find one. Everywhere I have checked it sold out so far) and would love some feedback from anyone who has experience with it.

I am pretty much just planning on using it for plinking, and the feedback that I have been able to find so far has all been extremely positive, just want to get a Goon opinion before dropping $900 on a pistol caliber carbine.

They're pretty sweet:

Ergos are great, takedown is a breeze, shoots great, and pistol caliber carbines are just awesome.

Plus:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Cross posting some pictures from the Milsurp thread....

BM-59s are pretty cool.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Cross postin' some not as lovely pictures from the milsurp thread:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Mad Dragon posted:

Please tell me you have grenades for that.

Unfortunately not...or at least, not yet.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Butch Cassidy posted:

iyaayas01 is a pretty cool dude. Three STANAGs were crammed into my mailbox today after a long trip from Alaska.

Haha, glad you got them...I mailed them considerably later than I said I would, which explains some of the delay, but I was worried they were going to get flagged by USPS since I just dropped them in the mailbox instead of going inside; guess three STANAGs don't weigh more than 13 ounces.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

So I got a gun a little while ago that I'm finally getting around to taking pictures of...I think it belongs here:

Courtesy of forums poster nnnnghhhhgnnngh.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Well, it's a crappy little Beretta in .380, seems like a pretty good dea--HEY WAIT A MINUTE.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

So apparently Beretta makes a FA SMG version of the Cx4 called the Mx4. I learned this today.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Hey Beretta thread, just wanted to pop in to say that I qual'd today and clapped out M9s are some of the worst guns on the face of the planet. Think every negative adjective you can think of to describe a trigger, and that basically describes the trigger on that particular gun.

Like seriously someone send me a 92D or something to redeem Berettas for me because everything about the M9 is awful (except for the hard use finish wear, that was pretty cool I guess.)

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Flikken posted:

Just saying that CATM student M9's are easily the worst M9's I've used in the US military. Don't judge that weapon by them. Clapped out doesn't even begin to describe them.

I wasn't shooting a CATM weapon, since I'm deploying soon I drew the weapon I'm deploying with from LRS and shot with that so the CATM dudes could do the pre-deployment inspection on it while I was there (which basically consisted of some SrA going "yup, that sure is a gun" and then writing the serial down. I don't think he even did a function check.)

It was still pretty clapped out but yeah, wasn't nearly as bad as some of the student guns. A couple were literally falling apart.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Kommienzuspadt posted:

You should probably lock your guns up when you are on ambien. That stuff is not good.

Not sure if it makes it better or worse that he's deployed, haha.

And despite very explicit threats of violence from the CATM guys running my qual class prior to coming out here someone in it with me did exactly that (didn't reengage the takedown lever).

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

EDIT: Holy poo poo, the M9 Milspec max trigger weight is 16.5 lbs
This explains so much.

And the one I'm carrying is every bit of those 16.5 lbs.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

9x19 Cx4s are oodles of fun, doubly so with a red dot.

Also you can pretend to go kill Cylons with one:

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 3, 2013

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Action-Bastard posted:

Ah ok, Cx4 owners tell us is the take down and cleaning process a pain in the rear end?

Takedown is incredibly easy, it's blowback 9mm so I'm sure if you want to get it completely spotless it would be a pain in the rear end but this is a just a fun gun for me so it gets the "boresnake and wipe down after every range trip, blast it out with a solvent every once in a while, reapply lube, call it good" treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Scarf posted:

I should be picking up a Cx4 9mm this coming weekend... Oh man.

pew pew pew