Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Unskilled Labour posted:

That is a beautiful gun. I meant to congratulate you on your purchase in your box thread, never got around to it.
Mine is not nearly as nice, and quite a bit older:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

The Goons in the .22LR thread liked this pic:

It's a Beretta 102 (and my Mark III). The Beretta belongs to my father, but he lets me borrow it if I ask nicely. I'm thinking about buying a 92 and asking him if he will trade with me.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Bottom gun is an AL 2 built in 1974. It is (from what I can tell) an A302 re-branded and imported by Garcia for the American market.
I found this gun in a pawn shop and liked it so much I went and purchased the top gun: A Beretta 3901. I then felt bad that I had two Beretta autoloaders and my son had none, so I gave him the 3901 (it stays in my safe, so I get to pretend it's still mine).
the gun in the middle is this:

The newest addition to my small Beretta collection, a model 84F. I had handled one at the local range, and loved the way it fit my hand, so I picked this one up. The trigger is nice compared to my Arcus, it is so crisp. It is a little beat up, but still a handsome gun.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

IuniusBrutus posted:

Ehhh...$430 seems really high for a police trade-in Beretta, especially from a online retailer where I have to pay $20 shipping + $30 transfer fee - my dealers have ones for just about $540 new, which means I'd get a brand new pistol for just $50 more or so.

the $389 Summit ones looked nice though... :(

Does the local deal for $540.00 include local taxes?
If you are amenable to layaway: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=257601373
92FS NIB for $479.00 plus $20.00 shipping. Comes w/ 2 10 rd mags.
For $10.00 more you can get the same deal w/ 15 rd mags: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=257843130
He offers 60 day layaway with non-refundable $100.00 deposit.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

hardinge posted:

I got my 418 Bantam today and am happy with it. This is the first time I have really wished I could do better pics as these do not do it justice, it really looks like it has not even been broken in. My camera is an ooold Sony digital handicam and I have no knowledge of photography but shall try and learn. This has an aluminum alloy frame that is sort of a mellow goldish brown that I like and contrasts nicely with the Black blued slide. It was supposedly the gun James Bond was portrayed as carrying until he was given something more substantial.

What is the white nub sticking out of the back?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

It has been a good Christmas. Wife got this 92FS, I got the whiskey.
Merry Christmas TFR goons.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

With the safety on (and of course after triple checking the chamber and the magazine were empty),I rode the slide home, apparently it stopped before going all the way forward and de-cocking. I can make it do this every time. A gentle nudge to the back of the slide at that point snaps the slide home and decocks it. Is this abnormal behavior?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

infrared35 posted:

If you ride the slide home with the safety on, it can catch at the decocking mechanism, just short of being in battery. The gun won't fire that way for two reasons - one, it's out of battery, and two, the safety is on.

If you have the gun out of battery with the safety on, you can as you noted give it a nudge to push it the rest of the way forward, at which point the decocking mechanism will trip and the hammer will fall (over the disconnected firing pin as it was designed to do).

I don't have any scientific evidence either way, but to me it feels rougher on the gun to drop the slide with the safety on. I prefer to have the safety off, chamber a round, and then decock.

This is about what I figured, thanks for the reassurance. I'm glad my sweetheart didn't get a broken gun. She had shot my .38 and my 9mm guns before, but she did not enjoy them, and would always go back to the MarkIII. But when she shot a borrowed 92FS a few months back, she loved it, and I was determined to get her one for Christmas. I found this one in a local pawn shop, and it appeared to be drat near new, so I got it for her.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Does anyone have experience in moving the rear sight on a 92 FS? Googling returns two simple methods- whacking with a brass punch, or using a special sight adjuster tool. I am asking because our 92FS is shooting consistently to the left, and the rear sight appears to be too far left in it's dovetail. I have no problems using the punch if there is little chance I will damage the gun.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Are you 100% sure that it's the gun and not the shooter that is pulling the shots to the left? Sandbag it to be sure before you go whackin at your sights.
I'd say 90% sure. Two shooters (admittedly amateur plinkers) at 50 ft. range with consistently same results, impact at least 12 inches left of aim. I will definitely take it to the 20 ft. range and use sandbags before making any final decision to adjust the sight.

DkHelmet posted:

I had to have a gunsmith move mine. Apparently they're put on with some kind of magical 400 ton press at the factory. It made an impressively loud crack once it gave up against the vice. I'd give it a good try with a brass punch, but based on what I read and my experience it probably won't budge.
Well, I've been looking for an excuse to pick up a set of brass punches, so if I determine that the sight does need adjustment I will probably try to do it myself first. I was wondering if anyone would bring up the official "Beretta Sight Adjustable Tool for 92/96 Series" http://www.berettausa.com/products/rear-sight-adjustable-tool-for-92/96/default.aspx, and whether it was worth the price.
Thanks guys.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Sand bag it at 5, 15, and 25 yards to be sure. If you get a consistent increase in the leftwards offset on target then yeah fix that ish up.
This is my plan.

Juice posted:

Test it weak hand and strong hand, or some other way to make sure you're getting a neutral trigger pull each time. I'm sure you know already, but right handed shooters tend to shoot left when first starting out, as their trigger squeeze motion tends to rotation their hand leftward. From the sound of it, it could be that simple.
I am kind of aware of this, from mega-lurking TFR. Won't shooting from my sandbags eliminate this rotation, or should I still switch hands? I may also ask a friend who is much more experienced with pistols to come along on the range trip. I consider myself a noob with auto-loading pistols, but I am fascinated with them. The wife and I started out with a Ruger Mark III, and are just now starting to shoot 9 mm. guns with an eye toward improving our marksmanship.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Sand bag it at 5, 15, and 25 yards to be sure. If you get a consistent increase in the leftwards offset on target then yeah fix that ish up.
Excellent advice. Doing this proved the gun sights are spot-on. Now we will work on her fundamentals.

ZenMastaT posted:

I am so jealous. That looks like a very nice gun. Please give us a range report.
Am I stupid for wanting this? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271592555

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

infrared35 posted:

Buy one and then get a 9mm barrel for it.

Is this really a thing? If so, how hard is the conversion? Is it just a barrel swap, or does one have to change the barrel and slide?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Slappy Moose posted:

I had a dream where I found a Beretta 92FS in perfect condition for 400 dollars at some pawn shop. I excitedly bought it, only to somehow have it change into some ridiculous looking, really short barreled .22LR as soon as I got home.

God damnit, I really want a Beretta :(

They are a pleasing blend of form and function.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

A while back my father offered to trade this model 102 for my S&W 10-5. I said "Gee, if you insist". Now this sweet target pistol is in my safe:

Best part, when it came time to make the exchange, he insisted that I just keep my wheelgun. My dad is a horrible gun trader:woop:.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

drat, congrats on the Model 102.

Also, anyone know what are the steps/risks involved in converting a 96D to 9mm? Seems like the only way I can get a -D type Beretta in this state.

Thank you. A day's worth of Googling and the cheapest mags I've found are :$Texas:
Your question has been asked before (by me): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3435262&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=14 Down near the end of the page.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Butch Cassidy posted:

A coworker just told me that he has a Helwan that he neglects.

And he refuses to sell it to me. :saddowns:

Representative Ay-rab pistol:

Guy on a local gun board has one of these up for sale. He states it is new in box, only fired at factory. His price is $275.00. Is there anything particularly collectible or desirable about these guns? Is it a hard-core Beretta collector thing?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

:getin:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Wife is insisting I buy her one of these when they become available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNqRwa86918

Would be pretty cool if it came out in the price range of a M&P 15-22. You know it won't.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

What a shame. I will shed a single tear for that poor dead Beretta next time I take mine out of the safe.

Oh yeah, three Berettas with no slide safety. One with no safety at all :stonk:

Another Beretta with no slide safety:

:clint:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Dead Reckoning posted:

Or you could just:

:getin:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

beetle posted:

No pictures but I also picked up a Beretta 3901 12GA, also known as the "Walmart Special". Even though it wears cheap synthetic furniture the gas system is solid Beretta 390/391. I traded 400 rounds of .45ACP for it. Super happy with these deal since I bought these rounds (WWB) back before the craze.

It's been a Beretta kind of month! :)

Congratulations on getting the classiest beater shotgun in the world. Those things are tanks.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

This would fall into the "impulse buy" range for me if it was a little closer:
http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=356068

Advertised as 6.5 Carcano Beretta Gardone Italian Army Carbine.
Of course the seller has to mention Lee Harvey in his ad :negative:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

ZenMastaT posted:

Thanks for the replies guys - I'd always heard vile mutterings wherever the Carcano was concerned but I think I'll see if I can't pick one up and judge for myself at some point. I'm definitely partial M38 Cavalry carbine with the neat little folding bayonet. Were all Carcanos manufactured by Beretta or did the Italians have a number of arsenals?

Not sure what part of the country you are in but the same guy has an ad for the same gun up on Armslist. I'm not going to trash up the thread with another broken link, but if you google the description from my earlier post you will get to the ad. And this time I ganked some pictures for posterity:

He's only asking $150.00 which puts it close to the area of impulse buy as a wall hanger. The guy states that the bolt face has been repaired, but that it should be OK to shoot :D . I don't think I would want to chance it myself.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

I bought a Nano. I also hosed up putting the talon grips on because I'm a ham handed retard.

Bah, looks good to me. I really like the colors, especially with the grip tape on it (I'm guessing that is what the Talon grip is, basically pre-cut grip tape?). Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? Do you mind giving a short range report?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Watch Gunbroker auctions http://www.gunbroker.com/ . Even if you don't want to buy through Gunbroker, you will get an idea of the going price for used models. If you're in an area which has pawn shops start trolling them. Find the ones which buy and sell guns and check in on them once or twice a week. You will eventually see a 92FS come through. Be patient and you will probably get a good deal

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

I have literally no money in my gun budget for the forseeable future so I'm posting this here.

A LGS near me has a listing (with no pic) for a used "ANIB" Beretta 87 Target for $550 which is like, crazypants.

Eat lots of cookies and find a blood bank nearby which buys blood?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Butch Cassidy posted:

A fiend is storing the 92G Elite I gave to him in my safe while he is out of country for a bit. Any interest in some pictures when I rip it apart to clean/lube/replace the recoil spring?

Yes I would like that.
Now have some pictures from me:

Brand spankin' new A300 Outlander. Happy birthday to me! :toot:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

There's an 85FS on GB for $450.00 starting bid. Pictures look good. Am I crazy thinking that's probably the best price I'm going to see for an 85? It would end up being $500.00 including shipping and FFL. Should I just wait. WSYTFR?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Beretta tells me this is a gun, so I bought it:

It came with these helpful accessories:

Together, It looks like this:

I'm very pleased with the Nano. After shooting one, and then also an LCP, as well as an SR9c and Glock 26, the Nano came home with me. Also, I got a free hat (and some wristbands and a Beretta pin, not shown):

...so that was nice.
:hfive: new Nano buddy. I took mine to the range last weekend for break-in funtimes. I was surprised at first at how long the trigger pull was, it really made me have to slow down and take my time, but after a couple of magazines I was grouping well at 7 yards.
I had no stoppages while shooting about 50 rounds of Tula and Monarch 115 gr. steel cased, along with 1 magazine each of of Gold Dots and Hornady Critical Duty.
Also got one of these to put it in: http://www.winthropholsterstore.com/servlet/the-219/Beretta-Nano-IWB-Holster/Detail

Now up to 7 Berettas in my little collection:toot:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

I scored an M9A1. I traded an 84F and a Franchi 48AL shotgun for it. Not exactly a screaming deal, but I got a gun I wanted in exchange for two which mostly took up room in the safe. I really liked the 84, but it hardly ever made the cut when deciding which guns would go on a trip to the range.
When I compared the M9A1 to the 92, I was surprised at the weight difference - the M9 is HEAVY :btroll: The rail adds quite a bit of weight.
It's about time to gather all the Berettas and take a group photo. There has been a bit of churn in the collection.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Flatland Crusoe posted:

Oh a new Beretta Box Thread

No it's actually just a box

My Beretta A300 takedown case finally came in, it should make the 17 story elevator rides less awkward.

Did you get a good deal on it? I am at approx. 500 rounds through my A300. I have run everything from 7/8 target loads to 1 1/8 heavy game loads through it, without a single stoppage. The only maintenance it has gotten was a CLP wipedown when I took it out of the box. I am really really liking this gun so far.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

DeesGrandpa posted:

Back in the Beretta game :toot:

You have good taste in guns 102 buddy.

I found some mags a while back. If you want, I'll try to re-trace where I got them from.
I lucked out and got some magazine spacers from a guy on the Beretta forum. I ended up with 3 complete mags w/ spacers.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

DeesGrandpa posted:

That would rule, I'd love to find some more magazines.

http://www.gun-parts.com/magazines/
Web site looks kinda iffy but is legit. The mags I got were aftermarket but have worked well so far. When I get a chance I will see if I can find the contact info for the spacer guy. He was making them on a 3-d printer and I got a couple of his test examples.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

infrared35 posted:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Beretta doing a 20% off sale on magazines right now.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/store/magazines/

free shipping over $75 as well.

No PX4 subcompact europellet magazine love :colbert:

But Bud's has them with the snappy baseplate pinky shelf for $29.85
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/91529/beretta+jmpx4s9e+px4+subcompact+magazine+13rd+9mm+snap+grip