Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Blame Beretta. The slide safety existed before the XM9 trials, it was introduced in the 92S model in 1976.

Even if they had to move the safety to the slide, they could had easily made it decocker only. Look at the French PAMAS G1 which was adopted soon after we adopted the M9. Beretta had no problem modifying their design for the French.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Bruniton is one of the worse gun finishes on the market.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

I heard the Cheetah was discontinued. Next one I see, I'm definately snatching it up.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

I've seen one of the 92s from SOG. It was almost like new with one or two blemish. Read on the Beretta Forums that Beretta went over these before they were imported.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

As of right now, there is only one model of ARX100. I hear in the future, Beretta may come out with a fde version and 7.62x39 or 300 blackout conversion kits.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 25, 2014

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Very excited that Vertecs are available again. Heres Berettas new M9A3

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

I would get a Beretta ARX100 if only it had a longer length of pull and a larger charging handle.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

So spent some time with a borrowed ARX100 and now its starting to grow on me. The short length or pull wasnt a big problem when I was shooting but it does need a better charging handle. Really thinking about scooping one up since I freed up some space in my safe. Whats the goon thought on one of these and whats the going price these days? Some people said they got theirs for less than 1300. Something about its oddballness calls out to me.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Just happened to go to the gun show today on a whim and got myself an ARX100 for 1320. Such a great price for what you get, too bad these things aren't more common.

Since Beretta USA is dragging their rear end, I had to order the lower picatinny rail and the slip on enlarged cocking handle from Brignoli Silvio in Italy. My only gripe is that I wished the ARX100 was more like the original A1 variant with it's longer handguard since my fingers rub into the side rails. Dunno why Beretta had to shorten the handguards by 2 inches for the A3 variant. Also a longer stock would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Hey, other people that like the 90two? I thought I was the only one. I did like how it had interchangeable grip sleeves and the small felt like a vertec grip, which i like. Also you could convert from F to G easily. Never got around to getting one.

Had alot of things going for it but I guess it lives on in the M9A3.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 13, 2015