Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

10 pages without an Italian made Inox? wtf

I won't lie...the OD coated one is the tits and I've had some thoughts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Learn to use the slide release. It's faster in competition.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

My ~kickin' rad~ refinished Beretta. The slide and frame match and the floorplates are refinished, too.

Yea, your 92 owns. Looks much better than the factory OD option.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

IuniusBrutus posted:

edit2: Carbohydrates fuuuuuuccck who did the refinishing on it?

Carbohydrates posted:

Mine was done by the fine folks at Southridge Arms.

Seriously?

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Test it weak hand and strong hand, or some other way to make sure you're getting a neutral trigger pull each time. I'm sure you know already, but right handed shooters tend to shoot left when first starting out, as their trigger squeeze motion tends to rotation their hand leftward. From the sound of it, it could be that simple.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Kommienzuspadt posted:

benching it will tell you all you need to know about mechanical accuracy. Shooting SHO and WHO isn't really necessary. It's good for improving your IDPA skillset i guess...

Yea I didn't mean to indicate it was a requirement or something. Just, as you test the gun's accuracy, do everything you can do to eliminate your movement of the sites as you squeeze the trigger. If you can do that via sandbags - great you're set.

99% of the time, the sites on guns are correct and it's the shooter who is off.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

For 3 bills each? Both

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

this is amazing

Pretty sweet. They say the slide is widened from a normal 92fs. WTF. I assume it won't fit in a normal holster then...

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

I keep going back to look at this classy SOB, so I'm going to put pictures in the appropriate thread.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Had some problems with my 92FS today at the range. It failed to extract the fired case, resulting in a double feed. I assume extractor tension might be an issue - but really have no idea.

The gun is probably 20 years old and never had serious service. Probably between 5-10k rounds through it.

Options: Send it to Beretta? and ask for service and perhaps some other poo poo (D spring if they do it) - or go to an aftermarket place for the same service and maybe a new finish.

Thoughts?

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Buy an extractor spring and an extractor, and then view these videos on how to remove the extractor and put in the new spring and extractor.

(I hope it works for you, because it didn't solve the extraction problems I had with the 92G I ended up selling. :()

Thank you, I'll try that.

Updated: I detailed out the gun (I've never taken the extractor apart) and discovered a metric fuckton of grim in areas I would consider important to proper extraction. I'll try it again now that it's pristine and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks for the video link.

Juice fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 21, 2013

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

infrared35 posted:

A double-post is the best cross-post.

Edit: just noticed that my local Walmart has a Beretta CX4 9mm for sale, but they want $849 for it.

I like that this gun has a healthy amount of honest holster wear, but that didn't stop you from properly indexing the top grip panel screw. Looks good.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

infrared35 posted:

Well this is interesting, but the asking price is probably a wee bit high.

At first glance, maybe. Looks like a 92FS with a couple hundred bucks of junk attachments.

I don't think I've ever seen a rear site look that poorly done. A soft breeze might knock it off.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Mishaco posted:

Yes, but did they do it better in 1984?

"Better" isn't really the question. The US set up specific criteria the guns had to meet, many of which we might argue were unnecessary and not "better" at all.

I like my 92FS, but it isn't a gun I would choose first for any purpose. Other than looking good, other guns do it better.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

So anyway....

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp#.Uyu-m4VTrxk

I'm considering it.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

I want them to convert my FS into a G while they have it.

Or maybe I just buy a G and send it to them.

OD, natch.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Yea they can turn your lovely FS into a slick G. The wait time has gone from "we're bored and need work" to 3 months in like 3 days. So the interest is there.

Also they've hinted they may consider an SA only design. I want a frame mounted safety Billennium type (but not the actual billenium), though I'd probably settle for a G.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

thermobollocks posted:

You're telling me goddamned Wilson couldn't figure out a frame safety for 800 dollars?

It's coming. No idea what it will cost as an option on the package (which is the $800 you're referencing) but I'll wager it will be something above cost and closer to market value. Think the market will value a conversion of a 92FS/D into a 92G or a 92SAO? Yea, I think so. Maybe we should write the ignorant fucks at Beretta a letter on why they've left this market untapped for 20 years. Or maybe it's too small a market for them to retool for (likely), and why Wilson is willing to do it for 150% profit margin.

The rep has said the SAO will start from a DAO basegun. They don't have it yet and haven't even promised they will do it - it's just talk.

It's clear they are offering these services because Bill wants them on his Berettas and needs the public to spread the cost of development. Unfortunately, I'm not sure Bill cares much about making his 92 SAO - so that might stall the issue.

Also you want to start with a basegun with a dovetail front site, if possible. They could probably machine out the fixed site on my Inox - just easier to start with the dovetail.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Why wouldn't you send them a DAO for the full treatment and specify the trigger pull you want?

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

The DA weight after the action tune is 8lbs. SA is 4lbs.

I would expect the DAO action tuning to be similar weight, but smoother. So that's pretty good.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

I need an education on which 92s are available for purchase. I assumed the 92FS and D were common - is that not the case? Is a dovetailed front site model without a rail available?

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Does the slide on a brigadier model require a brigadier holster, or are the profiles between the two models the same such that holsters will fit either?

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

I enjoyed this - Vickers and Hackathorn goofing off with a Wilson 92FS and 92G model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRCeCBFtYg

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I really want to buy a 92D and send it to Wilson. the work I have in mind isn't even $600... though I might want tritiums instead of fibers (not sold through wilson). on the other hand, it'd be mostly a game gun anyway... but yeah. Boner. unf

Or you could just buy a 92G brigadier from Wilson, who have collaborated with Beretta to offer the gun. It's the right way to 92. I'm tempted to sell my Inox and get one of these.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-beretta-brigadier-tactical.asp

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

wontondestruction posted:

Just impulse-ordered one of the Brigadiers from Wilson :pervert:

I had better go buy the wife a Christmas present to help with the guilt.

Well done. They've intimated another model for production from Beretta, so I'm assuming it will be SAO. They also indicated they do this with other service handguns, but haven't said which. sig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

These are all awesome pickups. I hope Wilson does a SAO Beretta soon.