Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Oh another thread I can post in.

I must say I really like the lines on Beretta pistols. That combined with my affection toward big guns means it's a much loved addition to my collection. This guy looks like a 92F but then below it, it has an S stamp. Does that mean that the gun was modified to not hurt me post-manufacture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Kommienzuspadt posted:

WHY DID THEY SWITCH FROM FRAME TO SLIDE MOUNTED SAFETIES?!?!?!

Probably because they felt that a firing pin interlock was safer than a hammer interlock. The after shooting a Beretta, I don't understand the slide safety hate. It's perfectly positioned for my thumb and disengages smoothly. It's no different than a CZ75 safety in my eyes.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

DJExile posted:

Wow I want so many bad things to happen to this guy.

I don't know he's a bit out there but he isn't theWOAH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT THING ON HIS HEAD.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Just went to a new shop in town and they have a stainless M9A1 compact. :stare:

Edit: web site says it's just a 92FS compact but the frame was marked M9A1.

I never knew I wanted this until now.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

I know, right? I love guns in that size bracket. I love them even more when they have a rail. :allears:

Do they make walnut grips for the compact? That gun needs walnut.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Could the two of you stop talking about DAO Berettas please?

Because I am itching for a 92D Centurion.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Unfortunately, also the worst guns.

Their Imbel 1911s aren't bad. My GI had been a hoot to monkey around on.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

:frogon:

Are those mock-ups, or has Beretta made Christmas come early?

How much money do you have?

http://www.berettacollection.com/9mm/92FS-2.htm

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Duckboat posted:

What are the odds of the sights of my Vertec being off from the factory versus me being a lovely shot who shoots consistently left?

I am perfectly willing to accept being a lovely shot, I just want to eliminate variables here.

Been there. "There's no way that my shooting can be that far off!!" Shooting off a rest will also help dispel this logic trap. You're new, pistols take practice, get a 22 for training and dryfire the Vertec a lot.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

260 dollar DAO PX4 storm for you weirdos out there. http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-px4-storm-9mm.html

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Oh yeah, as long as you don't mind a DAO gun.

But... What if I do...?

You have what, ideally a long smooth and moderately heavy trigger pull, with a very long reset back. With no controls, on a mildly recoiling pistol.

There are a lot of things that I like about that, esp since that price puts it in hi point territory. But I do *prefer* SA.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

DAO isn't bad, it just takes some practice to get used to. But the simplified manual of arms is great, especially for folks who object to a slide-mounted safety.

Another option is maybe you could convert it to "constant action", which is still DAO but a lighter, pre-cocked version of it.

How does it compare to LEM on a USP/HK45C? Same concept?

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Nah, more like SIG's DAK where you get the same length of pull but half the weight.

Well you talked me out of it. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Also, that 92D Type M is at $855 with two days to go.

1380 :suicide: