Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

Wait, Beretta makes pistols?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

It is an AL 391 Urika 2 Sport Gold Bianco.

I just bought it recently after deciding that sporting clays is more fun to network in than golf. I have been shooting a lot of trap and 5 stand. I am still getting used to it after shooting an 870 and a Winchester 140 for awhile, but it shoots like a dream. I can shoot all day without shoulder bruises and I don't have the recoil compensator on it. It sits a little low for me so I am having the stock modded and the barrel ported. Otherwise it is perfect. I love this gun.

I looked at a lot of shotguns and decided to buy something the best gun I could that was a reasonable price. It is nothing compared to our Australian trap champ's, but it has been great for me and I know I won't have to replace it any time soon.

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

I have been thinking about replacing my 24/7 Pro with a 96 for a while now. This thread may have made up my mind.

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

BennyJ posted:

I just got my new 28" barrel, 12 Ga Beretta Teknys Gold Sporting, the wood on this fun is fantastic

There are other images over in my box thread

I can't tell from any of the pictures what the top of your receiver looks like. It is stainless or blued?

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

BennyJ posted:

stainless

I have the stainless sides but went with the blued top to keep the sun out. Do you have any trouble with glare?

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

Shot sporting clays out of the Beretta today. Kicked rear end and no need to clean before tomorrow's money round.

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

Good writeup. I didn't realize that there was so much of a change in the action.

I may have already posted this, but I was at the Beretta Gallery last month in Dallas. They have ones in Paris, Milan, London, and New York too. Good selection and the counter guy was totally cool to hang out with. Not pushy or snobby at all, which is something considering he has a number of guns that are in the $100,000 range. He almost sold me on a gallery grade silver pidgeon but I decided to pass. Next time I finish a trial I am totally going back for one though. I was pretty interested int he 682/692 models though. If I could find a sporting/trap combo I could be tempted into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

I've been looking for a new sporting clays gun to replace my 391 and was looking at getting into the A400 parallel target. I shot it a bit at a shoot this weekend and the gun made a sproing sound and the recoil felt sharp. Not stronger, just a different impulse. I'm used to a heavier gun and I use the mercury recoil reducer in mine. Overall I was happier with the A300 than the newer system.