Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

These days, they are mostly known for their full-sized family of service pistols based on the 92FS, but they have a long history of rifle production, medium-frame pistols, pocket pistols, and crafting drat fine shotguns.
drat right.

1201FP - Beretta's less-expensive version of the Benelli M1S90. In fact, many parts made for the Benelli will fit on the 1201FP with little to no modifications. Mine has a large bolt handle, oversize safety and a Speedfeed IV-S pistol-grip stock.

I don't know what years had which options (), but it was available with 18" or 20" barrels, pistol-grip (not PGO) or traditional stocks, and adjustable rifle-style or ghost-ring sights. From what I've read, some magazines only hold five 2.75" shells. My version will hold six 2.75" shells in the tube, one in the chamber, and you can "ghost load" another shell between the closed bolt and the shell carrier.

I think the 1201FP would make an excellent entry-to-mid-level shotgun for 3-gun. The only real downside is its barrel/magazine assembly. The magazine doesn't have an open end, so it's pretty much impossible to expand its capacity. Maybe I should call the boys at Red Jacket to convert the tube bait and switch it into a Saiga.

edit:

Butch Cassidy posted:

Why would I want a skeletonized hammer on my 92/96? If you are anal-retentive enough to want a faster lock time, the hammers are pretty easy to install, some people also just think they look cool.

Definitely looks cool. This could be placebo effect, but the trigger feels "better" with the new hammer.

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Packard Goose posted:

The HK Mags? I'm positive any magazine is less than an HK mag, even one made of solid gold

USPc/P2K mags are still cheaper than PPS mags.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Dynamic Economy of

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Beretta makes factory 17s for 92s now.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

my wallet is so thin dawg don't tell me these things

Holy frijoles those 17 rounders are about twice as expensive as the 15s. No thanks
On Beretta's site, they're only 95 cents more than the factory 15s. They haven't been out that long, so I doubt the prices will stay high forever.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I'm not sure a lighter hammer and "weaker" spring together would be a good idea. I installed the hammer on mine, and it seems like it improved the trigger pull by itself.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

thermobollocks posted:

Is swapping in a D-spring something a regular jerk can do?

Yes. There should be a DIY linked on the first page.

edit: ...or not. It was in my box thread.

http://beretta92fs.com/index.html

editer: That little pin might just fall out, or it might be a roll pin. Mine was a roll pin, so I had to hammer it out.

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 26, 2011

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

He's not a goon. His hair is too short, his neckbeard is non-existent, and he's outdoors.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEEvh3wYFps

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I want 8.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Took my 92 out for the first time, last weekend. I only ran one 20-rounder through it, but goddamn it fed like poo poo. The first few rounds didn't even strip from the magazine, and a couple after that paused the slide for a split second. Of course, the springs on those things are tight as poo poo (which is why I bought a lula to load them). Maybe it'll get better as it breaks in, since it fed fine after a few more rounds.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Gray Stormy posted:

Someone in this thread has to have a 1201FP.

Give it to me.

No.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

Did Beretta ever make a pistol with a slightly larger mag release on it? I'd like one with a mag release just a wee-bit longer than the stock one, but I need to keep it SSP legal for IDPA, so it has to have come on a stock pistol

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-steel-oversize-magazine-release-botton-black/

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

DkHelmet posted:

Any other pertinent upgrades?

The skeletonized hammer, because it looks cool.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The French word for right hand is man-twat.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

FTFY
I was spelling it phonetically, for the people who aren't in their right mind. Nobody really cares how French words are spelled.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I put the skeletonized hammer in my 92, keeping the stock spring. I don't know if it's placebo effect or not, but the DA trigger pull feels smoother.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

No you couldn't.

I want two, so I can pretend to be Christian Bale. Is that wrong?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Yeah. I got the fancy wood grips, and they are too thick. They look good, though. Maybe I'll have to buy a second 92, just for display.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Please tell me you have grenades for that.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Factory grips should be held on with screws and lock washers. They're probably rattling becasue the washers are missing.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJcaIGGKlhA

I never knew the mag release was reversible.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

infrared35 posted:

John McClane was a lefty. You think he dropped mags with his trigger finger, like a chump?

I ain't no chump!

any more

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hey, up yours with that mutant poo poo! His left-handedness is proof of his superiority.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

wrong thread

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Hope you got cash. There's only 2000 of them, and the cheapest I found in a quick search was $1350.

edit: in case it isn't obvious from the picture, its SAO.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Beretta has their steel trigger/D spring set back in stock.

https://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-92fs-steel-trigger-spring-trigger-and-d-hammer-spring/

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Welp. The steel trigger is cut differently than the poly one, which means the trigger spring doesn't do anything when it's installed in the gun.

See how right leg of the spring is on the poly trigger, and the leg on the steel trigger isn't?

When it's installed in the frame, both legs are acting on the frame of the gun. That means the trigger is free to swing and won't reset.

Is there any way to get this to work, without buying one of these?

Will cutting the leg of the spring and bending it to fit the steel trigger work?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

http://networkedblogs.com/ySToE

quote:

Beretta ARX160 in 7.62x39mm

While other manufactures call their new assault rifle designs milti-caliber, but don't produce them in anything other than 5.56mm, Beretta is shipping a 7.62x39mm version of their Beretta ARX160. It is one sexy rifle (I really like the Beretta style). This rifle as on display at Eurosatory.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Itchy Itchiford posted:

I need some grips like those. Is there such a thing as cheap wood or G10 grips for the Beretta? I'd like something a little more fancy than the factory stuff but I don't want to spend $50+

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-92-series-wood-grips-with-trident-logo/

$42.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If you get the D-spring/metal trigger kit (that's usually out of stock), you're going to have to get a wolff spring for the trigger. For some reason, the kit includes the regular spring that isn't compatible with the metal trigger.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

SLIDE-MOUNTED SAFETY

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Maybe it's placebo effect, but it felt like the elite hammer smoothed out the DA pull on my 92. I installed the D spring any way.

Which Wolff spring did you use for the trigger?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mine has a small spot on top, right under the front of the slide. Running the tip your fingernail over a scratch is a good way to feel gouges. If it runs over, it's fine. If it catches, you might have a problem.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I just replaced my 92FS poly trigger and spring with the steel trigger and wolff reduced-power spring, and the trigger doesn't always fully return to its DA position when dry firing. When I dry fire and cock the slide with my finger holding the trigger down, the SA reset is fine. I have a factory Beretta "D" spring and the Elite skeleton hammer, if that matters. Any ideas? Should I get the regular or extra power wolff spring?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bobcats posted:

Is the trigger bar fitting exactly in the trigger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyl3Woqzy1Y

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 3, 2013

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I bought that kit, and it came with the wrong trigger spring. I also bought a wolff reduced power spring, and it wouldn't reset the trigger. Hopefully, Brownells will let me exchange it for a normal-power spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Brownells let me exchange my Wolff reduced-power trigger spring for a normal one, and it works!