Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...

I joined the Beretta club today Beretta 92FS

Last image - is the furthest right magazine a knockoff? It doesn't have the Beretta trademark and has a different bolt on the bottom.

The only wear on the frame is visible in the second picture: the BE in Beretta and the A in USA are both faded. Also the nighsights are dead but who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

thermobollocks posted:

You didn't say it was a Vertec

Oh you don't like new school?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Chemystery posted:

That third magazine might be a Mec-Gar based off my casual glancing of the baseplate. Mec-Gar's are great magazines and unless its a promag or an eagle magazine, it should be just as reliable as the factory mags.

Thanks. I'm not worried about it or anything, it seats just as well as the others. If it gives me any trouble at the range I'll be sure to note it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

thermobollocks posted:

Look for some M's around the magazine body. Mec-Gars are pretty solid work.

the markings read "M D S CAL 9 PARA - MADE IN ITALY"

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

What do you guys have against Vertecs exactly?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

infrared35 posted:

You misunderstand. Vertechood is a bonus.

Can you explain why? I'm very happy with my purchase and hopefully it feels as good shooting as it does holding.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

I know that I just didn't realize it was such a better option. Guess I did get a good deal huh?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

I took my vertec shooting today. Very nice low recoil and good follow up shots. Only negative is that loading the magazine is obnoxiously difficult, by far the hardest mags I've loaded of all the pistols I've fired.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

infrared35 posted:

Let me guess - ten-rounders?

Yes, the springs must be made of adamantium.

Do factory 15 round mags fit flush?

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 24, 2011

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

infrared35 posted:

They look just like the tens when they're in the gun - they're "flush" and they have that same kind of floor plate. The tens are just pinched in at the sides so you can't fit as many rounds in. If you're in a position to (legally) get some fifteens, the best ones are factory mags (of course) or Mec-Gar or MGS magazines. Both of those are identical to the factory mags but are usually a little cheaper. Sometimes places like CDNN will have good deals on used mags. Just don't be tempted by the $7 Eagle mags unless it's strictly a range gun and you're willing to take chances on whether they actually work or not.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Mad Dragon posted:

Beretta makes factory 17s for 92s now.

my wallet is so thin dawg don't tell me these things

Holy frijoles those 17 rounders are about twice as expensive as the 15s. No thanks

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 25, 2011

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Mad Dragon posted:

On Beretta's site, they're only 95 cents more than the factory 15s. They haven't been out that long, so I doubt the prices will stay high forever.

yeah but they're incredibly overpriced at Beretta's site, I'll get some 15s from CDNN.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Chemystery posted:

Moth,

You should consider installing a D spring and a skeletonized hammer. It would look cooler and smoothen out the trigger a wee-bit. Also, it won't massacre your wallet (i.e. $30 bucks?)

I'm going to get the improved recoil springs (20 lbs). The recoil is already negligible but why not:
http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/BERETTA/92,%2096,%20AND%20CENTURION/cID1/mID2/dID36#61

I know about the hammer but not familiar with the D Spring?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

infrared35 posted:

The D spring is the hammer spring from a D-series (DAO) gun which dramatically lightens the double-action pull and also lightens the single action pull. I think the double action pull on a normal Beretta is about 15 pounds, but with a D spring it's more like 8 pounds.

I'll look into that, the initial pull is pretty heavy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

My 15 round 92 magazines came in so I'm selling 3 10 rounders in Classifieds.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3109845&pagenumber=65#post396517376

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

Still digging around for a full-size 9mm.

I've shot a 92fs before and really like it, so I've been looking around shops for a used one. Local store just gone one in on consignment - 92D (the DAO one) Centurion with one magazine for $475. Really nice shape. How's the price?

I know DAO = bleh around here, but the trigger seemed ok, just a little heavy. Any way to lighten it up a bit? Also, will the centurion model work in standard size 92 holsters?

You should be looking for around $400-425 for just the gun. $475 is a ripoff unless it's brand new and who buys new guns???

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

Kind of figured - especially when I could get a new M9 from the same place for $525. Any reason to avoid police trade-ins with Berettas?

No, police trade ins are great because cops rarely fire their guns.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

Ok, just have to decide if I want to hold out for a 92D, or if a FS/G model will work (if I decide against a sig).

If you have the option to get a FS or G right now for a good price, I don't know why you'd wait.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

Summit is out of 92G.

Are there any other good sources of used, quality 92G or 92FS right now?

http://www.sevenspringsarmory.com/Beretta-92G-p/handgun_beretta_92g_used.htm

Decent price for what you get.

Check around locally first.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

Ehhh...$430 seems really high for a police trade-in Beretta, especially from a online retailer where I have to pay $20 shipping + $30 transfer fee - my dealers have ones for just about $540 new, which means I'd get a brand new pistol for just $50 more or so.

the $389 Summit ones looked nice though...

I agree, that's why I said shop locally. I got my 92 Vertec with 3 mags for 425 at a local hole in the wall place.

Why would you buy a pistol new? You could buy the most beat to poo poo military surplus 92 and replace every interior part (except the barrel) for under $75, and that is being generous.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

IuniusBrutus posted:

unnnnngh i just bought my SIG goddammit!

Is that a pretty good price on these? Or is it something I can let go and hope to find it again?

92G with 2 mags and night sights for $375. Hell loving yes that't a good price.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

There is a Beretta 96 explosion all of the sudden in Ohio.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/300921/toledo-ohio-handguns-for-sale--beretta-96-vertec-40cal-nib-unfired
96 Vertec $550

http://www.armslist.com/posts/301171/dayton-ohio-handguns-for-sale--beretta-model-96g--40-caliber-auto
96G $550 (still cheaper at Summit though http://www.summitgunbroker.com/96G.html)

More than I want to pay but I know the word must be spread.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 10, 2012

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Butch Cassidy posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Someone give me a few good excuses to justify this to my wife in the morning.

If there are none, a few good excuses for money missing out of our shed fund.

Bad reasons:
1. it is .40, 2. it is DAO

Good reasons:
1. Beretta

Anyway, what does Mark charge for shipping? This is one of those almost too good to be true deals.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

I emailed Mark this morning and got a response back an hour ago saying they were already sold out of the 96Ds

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Operating Rod posted:

Any reason not to snap up po-surp Beretta 92 factory mags from CDNN?

My M9 came with 10-rounders for some reason.

Spend a little extra and get Mec-Gar 20 rounders.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Yes the s&w guns are also a hot buy. What do they charge for shipping?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

infrared35 posted:

They probably still have some.

This post is a few weeks old, but no, they are sold the gently caress out.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

M1A1 posted:

Older model Beretta pistols under foreign license are just awesome. This Iraqi Tariq is beat up but shoots great and was cheap even by Canadian standards. I understand these are uncommon in the United States:

Wow this owns -- quick Gunbroker check turned up none. Are they uncommon or actually restricted for sale in the US?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Are you interested in getting an actual Iraqi Tariq? I don't know anything about those specifically, but if you don't care about nationality you can find Egyptian Helwan models fairly easily and pretty inexpensively.

Yes, an actual Tariq.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

For some reason I really want a Beretta 84.

I don't even like .380

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

My local pawn shop has a gunborker account with a 92FS Brigadier up for auction. It looks to be in pretty great shape, so how high should I make my bid ceiling? I don't know what the Brigadier premium is.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

I bought a Beretta 96FS Centurion off Gunbroker. It is in like new condition (seriously, if it's not 100% I don't know what is) for less than $400 out the door. The kicker? It has a Lasermax guide rod in it (MSRP ~$350). Steal of the year, especially if I decide to sell the guide rod.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

I probably will, lasers are dumb especially for a gun I won't carry/practice extensively with.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Action-Bastard posted:

So the final chapter in my Beretta odyssey... Saved up my money and went to buy the drat Px4 at a local shop I browse often and I was in last month and they had plenty in stock. Went in today and their notoriously rear end in a top hat-ish gunsmith told me with a poo poo eating grin that they were all gone and they couldn't keep any in stock nor acquire any because of the elections madness. He almost seemed pleased that he wasn't getting my business.

To make a long story short, a quick call to another shop I hadn't been to and some mix up on their part, I'm now the proud owner of a nice 92FS. Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the help in my first handgun purchase.

You made a far smarter purchase anyway, so goongrats.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

I'm looking for a few loose pieces:

-92/96 series standard guide rod
-92/96 disassembly latch
-92/96 D-series hammer spring (can I get a link to this being sold so I can make sure it's the right spring?)

Where can I get these 3 pieces for the least money? I have checked Midway, CDNN, Brownells and Numrich but don't know which is my best bet right now due to the panic.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Operating Rod posted:

Need a price check. Beretta 84BB, decent condition (holster wear,etc), $500.

Any good?

Also the trigger has some roll to it, is that normal?

You should be able to get them for closer to $400 in very good condition.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

That barrel makes me irrationally angry.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Clip on rails are supposedly pretty garbage but I haven't personally tried any.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Are there any deals out there on surplus 92s including 92D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Sweet find!