Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Here is a Beretta of a different stripe altogether

More photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/112880295708351096401/Beretta682OU

I managed to snag this off gunbroker for the seemingly great price of $1500. Haven't had a chance to take it out to the skeet range to see if it actually works properly yet but everything seems to be in order. Came with a fancy lord's leather edged case with BERETTA stamped on it and everything.

The next Beretta I buy will probably be a 96G if I can find one since I hear that is one of the softest shooting .40S&W guns around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

That ad doesn't show up for me but it does bring me to a question I've had before: Namely, if Carcanos were made by Beretta why did they suck so much? Was it not a Beretta design or does it have something to do with Beretta's relative inexperience producing bolt action rifles? Are there any other bolt guns made by Beretta?

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Thanks for the replies guys - I'd always heard vile mutterings wherever the Carcano was concerned but I think I'll see if I can't pick one up and judge for myself at some point. I'm definitely partial M38 Cavalry carbine with the neat little folding bayonet. Were all Carcanos manufactured by Beretta or did the Italians have a number of arsenals?

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

I had roughly the same experience with a .40 CX4. I was surprised a carbine sized weapon would still have unpleasant recoil with a pistol round but there you are. A 9mm would be great though.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Finally got my J&G po-surp 92FS. It has the little PS shield indicating police sale, or at least I've been told that is the meaning. The slide is slightly glossier than the frame, which looks more matte. It's an American gun as well. I did have a bit of trouble with it, the pistol came with a pressure ring just inside the chamber. J&G was good though, I called them up and they emailed me a UPS shipping label and had another used barrel out to me right away. It also came with some pretty nasty wrap around hogues so I ordered some new grips from Beretta. Annnd finally, since I'm in CA it came with no mags, had to pick up a mec-gar aftermarket.

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/tJQHK#11

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Yeah these are cool and I'd probably jump on one but unfortunately they're not old enough to be C&R and they're definitely off-roster :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Dead Reckoning posted:

They are super nice, but at $1,200 they don't truly do anything a normal Beretta doesn't, and they don't have any action work as sold. If you love the 92, (or you moved to a state that just repealed single shot exemption, and had one slot) they might be worth the coin, but Beretta just announced a new run of 92G-SDs that will likely have all the same features at a lower level of fit, finish and price. If you want the Wilson bells and whistles, most of them are available to buy la carte.

Hey do you have your Wilson yet by the way? (I imagine you have to if SSE worked out). If so we should hit up an indoor range!