Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

:siren:BERETTA PARTY THREAD:siren:

need to take a good pic of my 686

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Old frames have a straight dust cover.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

92A1 is actually a bit different than the M9A1, the 92A1 has almost all the changes of the 90-Two except it has the styling of the classic 92.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

IMO Mec-Gar's 18 round flush and 20 round semi-flush for a 92, or the .40 variants for a 96, are the two best mags for a 9x pistol.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

I don't have any DOA guns to test this with but I would imagine you have a chance for an OOB ignite since the trigger group is not made to operate like that.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Also, re: #2, keep in mind that just being able to reach the trigger doesn't mean you can pull all 12+ lbs or whatever of it to the rear smooth enough to keep your sights aligned. You really should shoot one alongside a few other 9mm pistols as a means of comparison before you decide you really want the gun.

The DA pull on a Beretta is what I credit with making me a great pistol shot. If you can't keep the sights aligned durring the pull, your form is wrong.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Alloy frame.

I have a SAO Billy trigger in my 92 and it rules.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

The Billennium actually has a steel frame. Supposedly, they weigh a good bit more than regular 92s, which are already pretty massive to begin with.

Tell me about your SAO trigger!

You're right, memory is fading with age I guess. I remember when they came out, but not that well it appears.

Not much to say about the SAO other than its really nice. The only down side is my frame is not tapped for the pre/over travel set screws which I may do some day. I just ordered the Billy trigger/hammer from Beretta when you could do that sort of thing. I think they sold all their parts to Brownells iirc? I dunno, kinda stopped following it a while back when I came to a stopping point in my pistol. Also now that I think about it, it could be the Steel I trigger with Billy hammer.

from earlier in the thread:

96 Elite II frame
SAO tigger/ hammer
firing pin block safety removed for better trigger pull
92 Steel I slide
92 Combat barrel/nut, custom bushing

Since the frame is from a slide safety model and the slide is from a frame safety model, the gun cannot have a manual safety at this time. If I ever get the set screws tapped I'll have it drilled for a frame safety at the same time.

And since I removed the firing pin safety, the gun has no safeties, passive or active.

And this all remindes me, I really should get around to putting my 96 Elite II Barrel and slide on berettaforum. Barrel hasn't been fired since it left the factory so it should be worth something.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Or, you could list it in the secret TFR classifieds first... :v:

That's a Brigadier-weight slide, right?

I'm not in on the secret squirrel thingy :(

but yeah, Elite I and II are brig slides, III is a normal slide

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Operating Rod posted:

Beretta's factory hex screws are total poo poo, get an aftermarket set with conventional slots. I stripped a couple with zero effort the first time I took the panels off, the metal was like mush.

I've never had an issue with them. That having been said I bet they can't make the metal too hard because if it were and you cross thread the screws it would mess up the threading on the frame instead of the screws.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Itchy Itchiford posted:

The d-spring is loving awesome. The trigger pull is even smoother (didn't realize that was possible) and much lighter. Is there anything I can do to my Sig to make it similar? :haw:

Shhh careful before you ruffle the feathers of the parrots and they tell you you're and idiot and Berettas have bad triggers.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

TATPants posted:

I am looking to get thinner grips for my M9A1 and the Aluminagrips caught my eye ( though they're quite costly at $65 at Brownells). Does anybody here have an opinion on them?

On a similar note, I have this urge to buy those grips in silver, an Inox barrel, and a steel trigger with the Wolff trigger spring. I've never seen this combo and maybe it will look good? Tell me this won't look stupid with all the contrasting silver and black.

Couldn't give you a pic exaclty like that but I can repost this:

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

...and there's a "4" on the underside of the slide that I'm guessing is an inspection mark:

The '4' means its a .40 S&W slide.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Oh, man. Assuming the slide was legal to put on a regular frame (and it was about a quarter of its current asking price), I could make the most awesome Beretta PPC gun ever.

Check Beretta Forum, a while ago there were group buys for repro SGS comps. Not sure if there is a current run or not.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

[quote="Dead Reckoning" post="414633230"]
Gander Mountain just got a large batch of used Beretta 84s

Someone who doesnt care about hot ammo should pick up that $400(!) 92S
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Beretta-Model-92S-Handgun&i=UF100449174&uf=true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

you can get good info here

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/

and also probably a lot of offers

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Somehow, someway, this is the fault of .357 SIG.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Mishaco posted:

Yes, but did they do it better in 1984?

Well one might say the Sig 226 did, just not for less.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Get out of my head

Edit: fffffff

I still have an unfired 96 EII upper......

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Kommienzuspadt posted:

How easy/difficult/expensive is it to get my hands on a 92D? I am not planning on buying a gun in the immediate future but I think I've decided a DAO Beretta 92 of some flavor is a must have. I am kind of bummed that they have sights milled into the frame and poo poo but it would be mostly for fun. I can't think of any other DAO auto with a trigger closer to a K frame double action unless I am missing something.

A Brigadier D would have a thicker slide and should have a front sight dovetail.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Other options would be a 92 SAO slide but that's rare too so eeehh. Sometimes I am tempted to find out how much a minimum run of pistols from Beretta would be.

SAO, 92A1 frame, frame safety, trigger set screws, barrel with bushing, front and rear dovetails. basically a 92 combat with a rail. mmmmmm

my 92 will get there eventually with the exception of the rail. Sometimes I wonder if I should sell the EII frame and get a railed frame. Always more projects...

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

infrared35 posted:

:drat:

Somebody better jump on that before I do something really stupid.

Something stupid like buy it and drop a .357 barrel in?

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'd heard 92/96 frames don't take well to .357 Sig, lots of early cracking. Confirm/deny?

I would spring it as heavy as possible.

IIRC someone on berettaforum made a 10mm sooo

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Quickshanks posted:

I'm wondering if there are any options to raise my Beretta's front sight so I can see it over a suppressor. Couldn't someone make a front sight extension that just fits over it and screws down with tiny hex screws like a trigger shoe? Does anyone?

depends on how high your can is? I have some raised sights and I remember them being a bitch to find. I bought them years ago so good luck

im pretty sure its these if you can find a set in stock somewhere (link is for front dovetail)
http://www.lpasights.com/en/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=90&category_id=30&manufacturer_id=15

edit:
http://www.lpasights.com/en/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=111&category_id=30&manufacturer_id=15

Neo Mara fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 27, 2014

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Yuns posted:

Does anyone have any recommendation for Beretta competition action work? This weekend I shot a former Beretta team shooter's tuned Elite II. It was amazing. The double action was a lighter and smoother than any double action I've ever shot. I sent the owner an e-mail asking about the action work but does anyone here have any recommendations as to who could do such competition action work. I know David Sams does excellent work but I only know about his bullseye work and this is more action pistol oriented.

off the top of my head, inc Sams

David Sams
David Olhasso
Wilson Combat

or find someone on Beretta Forum

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Juice posted:

Or you could just buy a 92G brigadier from Wilson, who have collaborated with Beretta to offer the gun. It's the right way to 92. I'm tempted to sell my Inox and get one of these.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-beretta-brigadier-tactical.asp

Got drat I hated cleaning the crown on my EIIs. At least the barrel is black.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Inox is Italian for stainless, so whatever the Italian pronunciation of inox is would technically be correct.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Kommienzuspadt posted:

It actually stands for inoxidable, the italian (?) word for stainless.

edit: Google says the italian word is something else with too many Ses. well, the root word is inoxidable. oh well.

???

If we'd met before, maybe I wouldn't be lying on this stainless-steel table.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Juice posted:

Well done. They've intimated another model for production from Beretta, so I'm assuming it will be SAO. They also indicated they do this with other service handguns, but haven't said which. sig?

If they make an SAO framed gun that's tapped for pre and over travel set screws and has a rail I'm buying it so fast.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

I guessed that was made by WAL and I clicked on the link and was like BAM

you should buy it IR35

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Final Blog Entry posted:

Teaser for a new 92G-SD on Beretta's website.

http://info.beretta.com/92gsd

the silhouette doesn't have a rail lol. The 92G-SD will of course.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

super jelly

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

I think EII hammers are supposed to lock and drop faster? Not 100% on that.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

It would have to do with how fast the gun cycles on locking, and the amount of mechanical force required to drop the hammer (trigger pull weight). Hammer can also drop faster, less weight means less work to start inertia. I don't think it would affect pretravel. Again, I could be wrong here.

Neo Mara fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 24, 2015

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

I think the idea is you keep a lighter spring. True you get less force on the hammer/primer, but outside of extremely hard primers, you still get reliable operation.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Hennig posted:

Pretty sure I just bought a near-new Beretta 92 Combat in a whim.

Sao coolness I guess?

So jelly :allears:

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Yuns posted:

I have a 96 Combat and the Combat series trigger is super nice even compared to other SAO Beretta 92/96 series.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the only SAO to come without the firing pin safety, so the trigger is doing less work. I removed it on my SAO frankengun.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Steel I and Billennium came with Elite style hammers, and it's reversable, so why not? Although I think you need one of the SAO specific hammers. I have a Billy hammer and a Steel I FCG group on my frankenSAO.

If I'm not mistaken, any set of 92 grips can be made to fit an SAO by cutting reliefs for the frame safety. Not 100% on that but pretty sure. Outside of dremel work you would want SAO specific grips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

I can't find any SAO hammers in stock. I think a lot of the SAO parts got bought up when SAO conversions started to get popular. At a certain point Beretta sold most of their extra parts to Brownells. It doesn't look like Beretta or Brownells has any in stock. There was a site in Italy I used to buy hard to find parts from time to time but I don't remember what it was called and I can't find it. Not sure if they're still around. Might be SOL on the hammer.