Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

I'd spent the past week looking at Mini Beretta vest pistols (the older 950s and 20s) only to have what looked like a Bobcat/Tomcat/Jetfire pulled on me today while driving (details in the CCW thread), now I kind of no longer want one :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Gonna leave this here http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=Beretta-models

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Scarf posted:

One of PSAs brick and mortar stores has this listed as a 92s Italian Police trade-in for $299.99

I'm almost tempted to grab it if that seems like a good deal... Looks worn as all hell though, but I kinda dig it.

Lots of them being imported right now. Check around the usual surplus sites and you'll see them for sale there too.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

DookieSandwich posted:

I've seen one of the 92s from SOG. It was almost like new with one or two blemish. Read on the Beretta Forums that Beretta went over these before they were imported.

Pretty sure I heard this too, stuff like springs, etc. got replaced.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

DeesGrandpa posted:

Back in the Beretta game :toot:

What the gently caress is that? Besides super awesome.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Speed holes.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Too bad those aren't for a suppressed 92 that shoots tranq darts.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Go try to kill some Cuccos about it.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

Why are 90twos in 9mm so hard to find :eng99:

They look so space sexy but every single one I can find is in .40 S&W. Caliber debates aside, I really don't want to start buying yet another caliber...

Because 22Twos are better.

Too much Brescia dick lickin', and too many guappos on a mission doin' their best Tan-Fo rendition.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Italian guns have the coolest packaging.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Berettas have scary highcap mags, so I doubt they'll ever get CMP'd. The 1911s probably got a pass since they are (likely) legal everywhere, either by age or capacity.

Though to be fair, I would have bet heavily that the 1911s would have been torched and scrapped. It's a Christmas miracle that they're seeing civilian hands.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

DeesGrandpa posted:

I kinda dig the M9A3

I'd like it better if it weren't 3 different shades of baby poo poo.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

That purple grip looks way better than it has any right to be.

It really does. I don't generally like Berettas but I like that Beretta.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Final Blog Entry posted:

Beat up 96 Centurion at $265 with less than an hour left.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=544248681

Soooo, who wins if GB is down when an auction ends?

e: okay it's back up now. i was more worried because I have something i'm watching ending at 10

Doctor Grape Ape fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 1, 2016

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Is this because you did or didn't win it?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

infrared35 posted:

I think I just hurt myself.

Your priapism looks like that safety in its engaged notch :v:

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Nice choices, I want both of those, only their 22 counter parts (21 and 71 IIRC?).

Now that I have a .22 suppressor I want all the .22s. There are at least 4 on my list of wants right now. Luckily, they're all relatively inexpensive.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

You guys like .22 target Berettas right?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/567168944

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

The CZ people swap a metal guide rod in to add weight to the front of the gun so they can get back on target faster. Which always sounded like snake oil to me :iiam:

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

We have finally figured out how DAOwns is spread. Now we can contain it.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Mortabis posted:

I prefer to pay people with big factories to load my bullets for me and not spend my time pulling levers.

I don't know why Dillon doesn't just make an AC motor to run the drat thing, it seems like the next logical step.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Well, Dillon doesn't make it, but it's for Dillon.

I knew someone had to have done it, it's just too obvious. Hopefully it plays the first two measures from Pink Floyd - Money for as long as it's running with no option to mute it.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Who decides they hate a gun before shooting it? :psyduck:

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Tybalt's Rapier or Mercutio's Dagger.

Except that they're Tauruses :(

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

right arm posted:

my pardini is currently set at 1lb and is still reliable

it's real fast :D

That's just silly. Can you even tell that you're pressing something?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

dubzee posted:

'Sup Beretta thread, I saw a thing and thought of you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2OtWSyDD0

This girl likes guns for the right reason.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Welp. Put this on layaway.

Nice. It's got the most awesome looking slide on any pistol ever.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

holy poo poo that slide

for the noobs exactly what is this adonis of guns

Seriously, it's like they hired Pininfarina or Zagato to style that thing. I mean come on, they sculpted the loving slide stop so the curvy line on the slide would flow into it. It's completely pointless other than for aesthetics. In a world of form follows function guns it's really nice to see something like that. I don't even like Berettas and a regular 92 feels huge in my baby hands but drat if I don't want a 90-Two.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

That Works posted:

Overall its a lot of fun but the recoil was definitely quite snappy compared to the CZ.

Was the recoil spring replaced on these? I know some of the Berettas coming in were all redone at Beretta before getting imported but I think those were a different batch of guns.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

That Works posted:

I replaced all the springs last night with the Wolff kit of all springs. I also subbed out the hammer spring with the D-spring as advised by the thread.

I think it's just that it's a lighter gun? Or maybe something about where the beavertail rests on the top of my hand vs the CZ. Dunno. It's not so much that it makes it unpleasant to shoot, but definitely some difference.

Just wanted to double check, in that case yeah, it's just the gun. I'm not much of a 92 fan as I'm a baby handed bastard, hell the CZ75 is almost too big for me without the thin grips.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Double post because

Pike Place Fish Market? :v:

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

infrared35 posted:

If you want to ditch those green G10 grips, let me know. :angel:

Also, did anyone else notice that Bud's apparently is taking pre-orders for Ernest Langdon Berettas? Most of the parts upgrades that the WC Beretta has, and about half the price:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411557877

What's an Ernest Langdon?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-92fs-9mm-german-Silver-and-Gold-Plated-Pistol-Grips-/142461094659

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Good lord who wrote that description?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

infrared35 posted:

You should buy one for when Emperor Chelsea Clinton bans all military caliber firearms.

Edit: I'm tempted as well.

:laugh:

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

My guess: $6-8k, depending on who wants it.

I think KAC is releasing a small number (20 IIRC) of new ones this year with an MSRP of $8500 for just the gun, the suppressor is another $2k.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

infrared35 posted:

Want that, plus a trigger-guard-mounted laser, plus tranquilizer rounds for maximum MGS cosplay.

But not for ten grand. :(

I'm sure there are ways to mod an airsoft gun to launch a dart.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I regret not buying one of those DP51s when they were like $250. Same with those Polish Mag-98s that came in like once and then were never seen again. I even held one of those Mag 98s at a gun show, thought about forking over the cash, but figured "these are relatively new on the market, they'll be around later!"

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Hey IR, you got a Beretta 84?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-State-Police-Beretta-84-F-380-ACP-Rubber-Grips/123207219625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

No blowback gun really needs an extractor.