Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Brainamp posted:

I honestly prefer it when the mod characters are boring like Bub was. Leaves less chance to gently caress it up with background or dialogue.

Fortunately, we've hit the end of the talky mod characters in BG1 unless you count the BG1 NPC Project. IIRC, any remaining mod characters we meet in BG1 are going to be like Bub or Keira.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Cythereal posted:

Fortunately, we've hit the end of the talky mod characters in BG1 unless you count the BG1 NPC Project. IIRC, any remaining mod characters we meet in BG1 are going to be like Bub or Keira.

I dunno. Finch and Gavin seemed all right. Mostly just inoffensively bland. I certainly like those two better than some of the legit characters the game has. (Most of them? Possibly anyone good aligned except Imoen?)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I dunno. Finch and Gavin seemed all right. Mostly just inoffensively bland. I certainly like those two better than some of the legit characters the game has. (Most of them? Possibly anyone good aligned except Imoen?)

Yeah, Finch and Gavin are the only significant mod NPCs in BG1, though I understand that another one is in the works.

As far as original BG1 NPCs modified by the NPC project go, we have yet to meet Yeslick, Skie, Quayle, Tiax, and Alora, I believe.

Do note that most mod NPCs in BG2 are more along the lines of Gavin and Finch than Chloe/Saerileth/Tsujatha. Also note that goons don't talk much about the former two when the latter trio can be bitched about.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Brainamp posted:

I honestly prefer it when the mod characters are boring like Bub was. Leaves less chance to gently caress it up with background or dialogue.

True, but half of the charm in BG is the characters; after you start looking into modding, half of that charm is laughing at how badly they're written, but I've played this game way too often to be too amused by combat anymore. Sure, the chatty ones are nearly always trainwrecks, but sans Shadows of Saerilith, they're usually pretty entertaining ones.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Do note that most mod NPCs in BG2 are more along the lines of Gavin and Finch than Chloe/Saerileth/Tsujatha. Also note that goons don't talk much about the former two when the latter trio can be bitched about.

For one thing it's easier to complain and for another the good ones feel like the original characters in that everyone has already praised all that needs to be praised about them.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
You know what's worse than characters who won't shut up?
Characters who won't leave the party.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm ready to admit I need help. I'm trying to install the BWP, Tactics setting. I'm running Windows 7 on my admin account, because imputting the password each time a mod asks for it is getting really tiresome. UAC is disabled. The file I'm using is BiG_World_Setup-20120422.

The installer downloads all but 5 mods on the first try, most of which I don't care about (1-day NPC whatshisface doesn't sound too promising). The unpack goes well too (only need to unpack manually Neverending Journey)

It was going far better than expected, and the next step is where I'm having troble.

My computer has been sitting pretty for about 1 hour, without any hard drive activity that I can see. There is a black DOS screen running something inside the fixpack folder (_utils\patch.exe), but nothing is moving. The installer itself isn't responding either. This is the last message in the Debug file:

the damned installer posted:

Leonardo's BiG World Fixpack v11
--------------------------------
Just sit back and watch...
This tool is making the job for you!

I swear this thing is laughing at me.

the damned installer posted:

This tool fixes bugs in different mods.
You can also use it without a megamod.

First all fixes will be installed according to the instructions.
You are prompted to make a choice at several times.

processing fixes for "1pp"

And that's it. No other messages, popups or anything else. Is this supposed to take 1 hour for a single mod? Did I do anything wrong?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Turn off your anti-virus.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Did you put the "BG2-ToBPatchReadMe.txt" file in your folder?

It's looking for a BG1 patch (I think) and it can stall if you don't have that file in there.

Twiske
Jul 30, 2003
I had the exact same problem last week. Worked for me after I disabled the program compatibility assistant and rebooted. At least I'm pretty sure that was the thing that fixed it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

When I did it, it worked (semi) fine, but hosed up and didn't install TobEx, which screwed everything up. At that point, I just went "gently caress it," and installed everything manually.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So, yeah, my laptop died while leaving it on when I went to work. Luckily it was the old one that I keep around for things like this. For all I know the installation worked, but I'm not going to try to repeat the process again with the good one.

Guess I'll have to do it all manually, too

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

29 Uktar, 1369

It is a three day trip to get back to the temple. And it costs 600 gold to raise Bub.

I can't even remember how many times I've been to the Song of the Morning temple, raising dead companions. What happens when I just don't have the money to raise any more? Hopefully that day will not come soon.

We drop off Bub at the Jovial Juggler.

We will come get you if there is anything worth hunting for.

Fires shall sweep through the streets.

Yes, yes, Meta Infernum, if that happens too.

If there is one man I need with me now, in the deepest heart of the Cloakwood, it is the ever-fearless, ever-optimistic Minsc.

It has been a boring trip without you. Welcome back.

We equip him as normal, with the exception of armor and helm. I suspect that there will be high-level magics flying around once we assault the Iron Throne mine, so I give Minsc the Helm of Mind Warding. I don't want to lose him to a Charm or Confusion. Also, the Woodland Armor is his favorite too, as it was Bub's. It fits him extremely well and lets him move around. But all in all it is our old beloved Minsc that stands before us, decked out in our finest equipment.

Coran seems a little disappointed with the way things are going.

Stick with me, and we'll eventually run into one.

Ah, you are quite talented in seeking out all sorts.

But you can't deny that there is something, some subtle charm, in having a beautiful, seductive woman for an enemy.

For you it's a losing proposition. You can never resist a seductress.

Ah, I'm very certain that giving into a seductress always has a winning side to it.

Talk to me after you get chewed up by a vampire or a hagspawn.

Lighten up, my friend, lighten up. Wouldn't it be wonderful if a deadly match could be turned into a match of passion?

Are you sure your arch-enemy is not an erineyes or a succubus?

Yes, I am positive, but there was a lady in his war-band.

Now that's better!

Since we're here, I stop by the Thunderhammer Smithy to see how things are going with Taerom. He gets quite excited when he sees what I've got in my bags.

9000 gold?! I think I've only seen that much money once before, back in Restenford. I don't even know if I can gather that much money up ever again. We'll have to see.

We also stop by to see Firebead Elvenhair.

Pain.

Gameplay note: My sword keeps saying terribly appropriate and hilarious things. I think the sword alone is worth suffering through Restenford :D

Firebead is actually pleased to take one thing from our stash of loot. I guess that means we can sell the rest.

He is friendly enough still, but not enough to teach me of his secrets!

We go back to the Jovial Juggler to sell off the rest of the gems and rings and such that we collected in our journeys. Also, I take pity upon Gurke and convince Imoen to give him back his cloak.

Gameplay note: 150 xp nevertheless!

We also get 350 gold from bandit scalps via Officer Vai.

And, finally, because there might be money in it, we stop by Nashkel to sell our Winter Wolf pelts.

That's a cool 250 gold. But when we try to sell the second one...

Hmmm. I guess I'll have to go see if anyone in Beregost wants these other two Winter Wolf pelts.

On the way out, I see that tiny little svirfneblin, Karaea, again. I decide to see how she's doing.

I'm curious if you can provide other products than those you've got in stock.

Are you pulling my short gnomish leg, Syvishtara? Don't I have more than enough shoes for you and all your friends, one for each day of the week? Maybe each day of the month? Why do you ask, anyway?

Just wondering, like I said. So have you got anything else?

Well, I don't make all the boots, you know. Jams and pies are my specialty. But I do fill special orders from time to time, for a price. If you have something in mind, run it by me and I'll try my best.

You have some fancy footwear here, so you should have some connections beyond just Aurora. Is it possible to secure a special deal?

Hmm, I dunno. It's not like my usual supplier has anything additional. You might be better off hiring a transmuter who'll modify the boots. Not that I know a transmuter. Hmm, well there is this crazy old half-elf hermit...

He doesn't really create items but instead messes around with existing ones, combining and changing them. He's not really right in the head though, so I can't guarantee the quality of his work. I have no magical skill myself beyond a few illusions, though that probably won't help you much.

I think he can be bribed to refashion some materials and make them work better than before. But there's a problem, now that I think of it. Last I heard, he was short on supplies, much like I am, so I doubt he can be compelled to work even if you pay fifteen thousand gold coins.

A hefty sum indeed. But before I consider it, what can I expect from this transmuter of yours?

Hee hee! You're funny, Syvishtara. I said *even* if you pay that much. He just has no materials to work on, that's the problem. So you may have to wait a bit. But since you're interested, I'll see if I can get in touch with him and let you know if the situation changes.

What kind of material does he need?

He transmutes items, combining them with qualities of all the ingredients. So he needs certain materials, things not easily obtained in shops. In other words, he takes special items and hacks around with them a bit. Usually, something better comes from his tinkering. Or so we hope.

I have plenty of magical things. What will do?

Ooh, I'm not really sure, Syvishtara. If you wish, I can try to find out, but it'll take some gold just to track him down. Five hundred should be enough, I suppose.

Why does everybody want so much money? I'm a hunted elf! I got friends to resurrect!

Can you instead introduce me to him?

I don't even know where he is these days. He keeps low and moves around a lot. So I'll have to make some queries, maybe even bribe some shady characters. Eww.

Later, then. Let's get back to usual business.

Here's my wares, then! I hope you find something you like!

Unfortunately the only wares of hers that I can afford are the Boots of the Leopard. And they're probably not a good investment.

Gods I wish I had 42,525 gold, though, so I could buy her Boots of the Pub.

And for 8,100 gold, I could look like a drop-dead seductress, just like Coran wants!

Gameplay note: We already have the Nymph Cloak, which I am wearing, and that gives a +2 CHA bonus. Combined with those boots, I'm pretty sure we could start the Coran romance! Gotta wait until we have the cash, though.

The last thing that I notice is that Karaea will buy my Winter Wolf pelts and my wyvern heads. Altogether they are worth 600 gold, so I sell them. I'm sure I can get more later. That puts us at a solid 3303 gold.

The Iron Throne better be rich. I'm getting tired of being poor all the time.

Finally, even though I am trying to save money, I talk to Juoma the Herbalist to see if I can get some cheap potions.

Do I have any herbs that you could make a use of?

Let me see... you have lots of things in your bag and my eyes are not as good as they were when I was young... oh good old times... Anyway, take a look at this scroll please, you can recognize the herbs you have by reading it and checking the illustrations... it also shows you which herbs can be combined to make a potion...

I think I recognized some herbs... could you brew a potion from Springrose and Stormspit?

Plants of health... give me 90 gp and I will create you a potion.

Here you are.

Thank you. Your potion will be ready soon. Please don't interrupt me during the creation process.

Here you are.

Thank you, Juoma.

I hope you will make a good use of it.

She gives us a Healing Gel.

This is well worth the 90 gold it cost to make! I buy 3 more and give them all to Minsc.

I wait.

We're still at 2943 gold. Hopefully we will be able to buy some sort of magic item soon.

Then a few days of travel and rest later, and we are back at the Cloakwood Crossing.

This time, instead of stumbling around in the woods like a fool, I send Coran ahead to scout. He eventually finds another cave. Dude must love caves.

He doesn't want to take any chances and automatically traps the entrance this time.

Then he calls us as backup and offers a toast!

And for a woman too.

Indeed, indeed. The roads would be grey and dusty, if not for the chance of meeting a fair maiden.

And to think of that I could've missed the pleasures of roaming simply by being born who I am.

Are you an elven prince in disguise?

Oh, no, no. Nothing this grand. We're not in a fairy tale after all.

My family isn't particularly noble or well-known, but it is entirely dignified. Why, my mother is a priestess of Rillifane, and Rillifane is a serious god, at least where leaves and petals are concerned.

You come from the Forest of Tethyr, yes?

Yes, there is the village of Fallawine within a day's ride from the magnificent Suldanessellar.

Come, my friend, finish your wine, and on we go, to face new adventures!

We down our drinks, say our magics, prepare our swords, and send Coran in. When he enters, he realizes where he is. The lair of the wyverns!

Coran rushes back out, the wyverns screaming hot on his tail. We cast our buffs and ready our weapons. He exits the cave and his traps hit the first baby wyvern behind him!

And the battle is on. Coran starts us off strong with an excellent arrow strike!

We are low on front-line fighters, so Faldorn calls some animals to aid us.

Viconia gives us all the Chant even before we know what animals Faldorn called, and even before they have answered her call Minsc kills the first wyvern.

I am using a new spell today, one I cast earlier in preparation for the fight. It is Melf's Minute Meteors. They are amazingly excellent!

I kill the second wyvern with them. Why have I never used these babies before?

Faldorn, who finished summoning her Dire Wolves earlier, gets hit in melee combat with the wyverns.

But she heals herself up in a moment and keeps on fighting.

Imoen manages to land the killing blow on the next wyvern.

And Minsc kills the final one.

This 4 wyvern fight was much easier than the previous one. Why had we not killed so easily before? Must be Minsc.

Aww, Coran, come on! We were just there!

Now, now, Coran, we do not even know if that was a female wyvern.

Hmm, actually, we do. Look at the shape of the skull - it was definitely a female.

Alright, female it was. But, Coran, you have an odd concept of beauty. Next you will be making advances at goblin maids.

Not a chance! The wyvern is a powerful beast, and magical besides... she has a certain majesty and beauty about her. A goblin, on the other hand, is but seventy pounds of green, slimy spittle. I say, let goblin males have goblin maids.

Bah, whatever...

Tell me, who killed your sense of humor?

Sorry, Coran, I am simply disinclined to talk to anyone right now.

Right. I will go talk to some oak tree then. I am an elf after all. Oaks are quite pleasant companions compared to you.

Gameplay note: That went in a strange direction. I didn't intend to get pissy at Coran, I was trying to joke around with him. But there was no way for me to be nice after he said let goblin males have goblin maids.

We go back into the lair of the wyverns, and see what actually happened here. Someone else had beaten us to the kill!

Gameplay note: This is actually a pretty cool ending to the quest, and something you don't see very much in RPGs. The cave is littered with the dead bodies of another adventuring party who had already killed the biggest baddest wyvern, and you just take out its measly children. You don't get to kill the big bad. Look closely, because this is probably the last time you'll ever see that happen.

We are determined to root out where this Iron Throne mine is, though, and do not go back to immediately collect the bounty for our kill. Instead we look for signs of the Iron Throne. They are not hard to find.

Four Black Talon Elites ambush us almost immediately. We have to be careful! I decide to cast my new spell, Vile Word of Discord. I guess they have anti-caster training, though, because it makes me a focal point for Ice Arrows!

I retreat out of range to drink a healing potion, but this just causes the Black Talon Elites to target Faldorn and Viconia!

drat, these guys are good. Imoen responds with her Wand of Fear, which successfully scares one of the bastards.

And Coran casts a Web, which successfully holds the other two.

This is close. Minsc is seriously hurt. Then he gets hit with another Ice Arrow!

Imoen tries to help things along as Minsc drinks a healing potion, by casting some Magic Missiles.

These guys really know how to interrupt spellcasters! Viconia is seriously injured as a Black Talon Elite turns on her when she tries to cast Glyph of Warding on him.

Finally one of the bastards falls, but I get hit with another arrow. How do these guys keep track of so many targets to hit one as soon as they cast a spell??? I had only cast Drain Life after all!

Faldorn had summoned a Nymph again earlier. I lost track of her in the confusion and when she finally arrives (they take forever) she immediately teleports to Minsc's side. Why did she do that?

We still have two Black Talon Elites to contend with, but only one is fighting right now, so we concentrate all our effort upon him. Imoen throws some magic missiles.

But Coran is the one to kill this particular enemy.

That leaves the one frightened Black Talon Elite wandering around among us. I do not want to take any chances. I fry his rear end with a lightning bolt.

Then I get us the hell out of there. We are so weak a fly could buzz us dead!

Faldorn has two Cure Light Wounds left that she uses to kindof patch us up again, but that is all. It makes us look a tiny bit better but not much. We were down to the last of the last magic. We are going to need to sleep here in Shaundakul's sanctuary. At least Minsc is happy with the way things have gone.

Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo?

We managed to get 3 sets of Chainmail +1 from the corpses before I teleported us away. We place them gently on the mule. I seem to be somewhat out of sorts. We came so close to dying and those damned elites were so good with their arrows. They don't usually perform so damnably well.

I take a deep breath, gather everyone around, and we make a good fire and try to unwind through stories. I try to learn a little about Faldorn. I know almost nothing at all.

Any advice on our current situation from the shady department?

The Cloakwood is wailing in pain under the miner's picks and shovels, and you are asking me what to do?

Good point. I try to change the subject.

You have a very pretty name for a barbarian girl raised by the Shadow Druids, Faldorn.

It's good enough, but human's artificial tongues do not have the beauty of a bird's song or a wolf's howl...

*You ask Faldorn lots of personal questions.*

Every woman has a beast in her. Yours is a magpie.

A... magpie. Huh. I did not know that. A little confused, I call us all to bed down for the night.

The next morning, we awake refreshed and ready to take on the day. That is, until I try to cast my morning Armor spell. My normally sleek magical armor manifests as a huge green blob, and blorps over me. It stinks, and so bad that it makes me dizzy!

I guess I won't be casting too many spells today.

Or engaging in melee combat for that matter. I ask Faldorn for the protection of the forest, instead. She gives us all Barkskin. Then I teleport everyone back, and we begin our sweep of the area for the day.

Baby wyverns are old hat here now, so we engage and begin chopping away.

They do not prove to be much of a threat.

This concludes our sweep of this side of the river, and we find one more bridge to cross.

Coran crosses it without anybody noticing him, and he only sees some baby wyverns in the trees. He says its safe for us to cross.

He even sets up some traps to protect us.

After we are all across, Faldorn and Minsc approach the wyvern to lure it over to us. It comes with friends!

They run back to the main group, and when the wyverns come one of the falls immediately to traps and the group's assault.

Faldorn is hurt, and retreats from the battle. Minsc, finding himself alone in melee, enters into a berserker rage!

Viconia, not wanting to mess around this time, casts a Glyph of Warding right on top of Minsc. It works great.

A minor tragedy happens just as the other wyvern is dying. It takes Haiass with it!

A second later, though, the wyvern attacking Minsc dies too.

I tell everyone to pull away from the berserker. I don't want him to kill us all.

While we are waiting for Minsc to calm down, Coran has a bright idea.

Yes, that would be pleasant.

Wonderful. Well, Syvishtara, since you will be singing the first voice, you can choose the song.

Very well, here we go....

It's not that I can't afford

a quiet life of comfort, tadi-ladi-da-da...

Ah, how can any man not fall in love with your sweet voice, Syvishtara?

Uh... thanks!

We were waiting for Minsc to calm down, but he was out searching for new enemies. He finds two of them.

I debate whether or not to move in to support Minsc, but before I can even come to a decision the first baby wyvern gets chopped in half.

And then the second. Eh, he can take care of himself.

I notice that the wyvern corpses aren't simply falling to the ground. They are getting pushed back, as if the blows were knocking them away from Minsc the berserking. Pretty awesome!

Minsc finds two more wyverns and continues his killing spree. But this time he gets hit. Before I know what's going on, Viconia has rushed to him in the speed of her Boots of the Forgotten Ones and casts a spell. I get flashbacks to Finch in the Iron Mines! But this time, the wyverns prevent it from happening.

As one wyvern falls, I realize why they were doing relatively well against Minsc. One wasn't a baby!

Minsc turns from the adult to the baby and things get freakin awesome.

Holy poo poo Minsc!

Nothing can stand against one angry ranger. Faldorn, even with her wild heart, hesitates to approach Minsc. Yet she does, and heals him.

Gameplay note: I guess it is the effect of some mod that even though Minsc is still raging, he is controllable when out of combat. I am able to steer him towards more enemies then and only lose control of him when he attacks them.

Then he is off again. I see him fade into the shadows between the trees as he goes.

None shall see me, though my battlecry may give me away.

The thought of a berserking, silent ranger sneaking up behind me with the two-handed Flame of the North in his hands sends shivers up my spine. I have never felt so much pity for our enemies before!

But there is nothing else left to stand up to Minsc in this forest. He has slaughtered his way through everything.

Imoen, standing open-mouthed, finally shakes herself and tells me she learned something from watching Minsc sneak around!

With nothing else to do here, I decide that now is the best time to return Coran's quest to the Song of the Morning Temple.

But one day into our journey we are ambushed by wyverns! Full-grown ones, not baby ones!

We divide up, half the group going after the first and half going after the second. I cast a lightning bolt at mine.

Minsc tanks one wyvern and Faldorn tanks the other. She doesn't do as well as he does.

When Minsc's wyvern dies, we have some trouble getting the other one to focus on him. It seems to want to chase me all around the map. Eventually Imoen finishes it.

We finish the rest of our trip without incident. Keldath Ormlyr is impressed!

Powerful beyond belief! Why, this wyvern did not stand a chance against us! If you need to slay a wyvern, or a dragon, or some other foul beast, Coran is your man for the job, most holy Keldath Ormlyr.

Er, Syvishtara, I told you, it was worth our while: a couple of well-aimed arrows, an antidote, and ta-da! 1000 gold! By the way, I expect a double share of profits for pointing you to this little quest.

I shall keep that in mind.

We get our gold, and are up to 4,067! A good day overall. But the best part in my opinion is that when we went to the Song of the Morning Temple, Keldath gave *us* money. We should do that more often.

Gameplay note: Ok, that seems like a good stopping place. We have some voting to do. It has been brought to my attention that we could change Faldorn's portrait. Also, we could change Viconia's. What do you guys think of the following portraits?

1. Should we change Viconia's portrait to this one? Yes/No.

2. Should we change Faldorn's portrait to this one? Yes/No.

And finally, Imoen has reached level 7! It is time now to choose whether or not to dual-class her to a mage now. What do you think?

3. Should we dual-class Imoen to a mage now? Yes/No.

Voting this time should look simple, like this:

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. No.

Let me hear what you want!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

No strong opinion on Viconia's portrait.

No to Faldorn's new portrait. It looks dumb, and the default one is sufficiently different from Syv's anyway.

Yes to dualling Imoen now. We've got a whole bunch of assorted thieves and semi-thieves, but comparatively few mages. Plus we're in town and relatively flush with cash, so it's a good moment to do so and quickly 'scroll' her up a few levels.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I'm surprised you didn't max out Imoen's Find Trap and Open Lock.

1. No.
2. No.

If I recall the last discussion, she gets her movement bonus at level 8. If so, then...

3. Yes.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
1. YES ~ But switch her back if you give her back her vagina.

2. NO ~ Faldorn's crazy portrait seems to fit this character so far better than the pretty portrait. Why bother changing her?

3. YES ~ We got the thing we were waiting for, didn't we?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

1. No
2. Hell No.
3. Yes.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
1. No
2. No
3. on second thought no.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 16, 2012

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

1. No
2. No
3. gently caress yes

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
3:No!

Let the charming rogue run its full course, rather than some vanilla wizardry. She can't learn the true, wild magic, and we are not about to condemn our boon companion to the studies of the Monk.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
1. No
2. No
3. No

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
1. Yes with the stipulation that she gets her normal portrait back if/when she stops using that belt.

2. Yes - Ooh, pretty! (I can't help it.)

3. Yes! It is time for Imoen to fulfill her destiny and put all that magic practice to real use.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

1. No
2. No
3. No

It's times like this where I really wish that gold was droppable. It will only take one bad wild surge to rid us of the hard won profits.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
1. No.
2. Nah.
3. Yes.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
1. No
2. No
3. No

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

1. No
2. Heck no
3. Yes

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
1. No
2. No
3. Yes

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

1. Yes, but switch it back when you turn her back to female.
2. No thank you.
3. Yes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

1. Yes with the stipulation
2. No.
3. Don't care

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Isn't that new picture for Viconia still a woman?

I'd like to say No to all three.

e: Yes to Viconia, No to the other two.

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 19, 2012

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
1. No
2. No

3. No, at least not until we can discuss what Imoen gets at level 8 of her Charming Rogue class. What was that again? I can't seem to find the previous discussion.
3. Yes, since Imoen now has the level-7 movement bonus we were aiming for.

Tax Refund fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 17, 2012

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tax Refund posted:

3. No, at least not until we can discuss what Imoen gets at level 8 of her Charming Rogue class. What was that again? I can't seem to find the previous discussion.

quote:

CHARMING ROGUE: This thief kit was especially created for Imoen to reflect her unique personality.

Advantages:
- +1 bonus to AC for every 5 levels of experience
- +1 to hit, and +1 to damage with any missile weapon for every 5 levels
- +1 to movement rate for every 7 levels
- She can specialize in any ranged weapon that a thief can use
- She can cast a limited number of enhanting spells, which become available from her innate slots as she advances levels
- Immune to Charm spell
- She can create illusions

Disadvantages:
- None

Or, in screenshot form:

The appropriate update of Vorgen's, as pasted into the Off-site Screenshot test poster, is actually on the first page of results for googling: "charming rogue" class baldur's gate.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 16, 2012

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. No Its ugly
2. Yes The old one is ugly.
3. Yes For more magic! :science:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Yeah, is that picture supposed to be male Vic?

Otherwise,
No
No
Yes

If we need to change Faldorn's portrait, it should be something equally crazy, not Fashion Model Druid.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes

Viconia's new portrait looks alright. Faldorn's does not. Nothing says nature like lip gloss, eyeshadow, and perfectly plucked eyebrows right? And sure, let's multiclass Imoen already. She won't be getting anything worthwhile out of the next two levels, and getting a level in wizard means we can see color spray again! :woop:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
1. No
2. No
3. Yes

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
No, No, Yes

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
1. No
2. No
3. Yes

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Steal back Death? That sounds ... tricky.
#1(Viconia): Yes (but go back to the previous portrait when she's female).
#2(Faldorn): No. She's a shadow druid and she hates civilization, what the gently caress would she be doing wearing twenty pounds of makeup?
#3(Imoen): Yes, dual class her to mage now. The longer you put it off the more painful it's going to be leveling her back up again. Quit delaying. Charming Rogue doesn't list jack at 8th anyway.

Sejs Cube fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Sejs Cube posted:

Charming Rogue doesn't list jack at 8th anyway.

+1 movement rate, actually, unless I'm misreading +1 every 7 levels.

• Locked thread