Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

lots of characters

Just imagine if we could get them all in the jovial juggler. The inn would be hellish to navigate through at the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Brainamp posted:

Just imagine if we could get them all in the jovial juggler. The inn would be hellish to navigate through at the least.

Yeah, but then, maximized quickened meteor swarm.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Enjoying the LP.
Not that I ever need any persuading to pick the game up again, but I did end up looking for some mods myself and came across the Multiclass Multikit Builder, which does exactly what it says on the tin - allows you to create Multiclass characters using kits. So you can have that 'Berserker/Assassin/Wild Mage' you've always dreamed of. Or, if you're running with extra kits installed, use those instead.
The only minor problem I've seen is that some combinations don't seem to work and you can't build your character around any Stat bonuses a particular kit grants due to how the mod works (Shadowkeeper works just fine for that, though).

Not sure if this is something you've looked at Vorgen, but it might be worth considering for purely comical purposes (dwarven Vampire Hunter/Assassin, anyone?).

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

kingturnip posted:

Not sure if this is something you've looked at Vorgen, but it might be worth considering for purely comical purposes (dwarven Vampire Hunter/Assassin, anyone?).

It doesn't look like its in the Big World Project, so it is probably not compatible with everything else I've got. And at this point it seems to be a little too late to mess with my installation at all. I'm just going to leave things as they are.

It would be fun to play around with in another game with different mods, though.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Vorgen posted:

Sometimes the Big World Setup program will not be able to find some mods automatically. There may be timeouts or naming inconsistencies. During the install the Big World Setup will inform you of those and allow you the opportunity to download the mods manually, fix the typos yourself, or just say gently caress it and move on without those mods. Up to you.

Inspired by the LP I'm in the middle of attempting to install this beast myself, and I found this handy site, which has a list of links for Big World mod downloads with at-a-glance indicators of whether the mod is available in English and/or German, and whether it's recommended/standard/tactics/expert. I've found a few things there that the installer couldn't find, plus it's a timesaver to have them all in one place.

GenVec
Mar 17, 2010
I just caught up on the thread since the vote and I've got to say that I'm disappointed you did away with Shar-teel, considering she had the largest positive spread of any of the characters we were voting for. Clearly there were a lot of people that wanted to see how that romance played out (and I'm going to unashamedly admit that I'm one of them).

Frankly the romance plot lines in these games, while a little ham fisted, are extremely popular. They have an awesome number of mods devoted to them, their threads on the bioware forums are always extensive, and from the votes in this very thread you can see that people wanted to know what would happen. There is nothing weird or creeper about this; it's natural to want a little more range of human emotion in a story beyond the protagonists constant desire to kill poo poo. There's also a reason why almost every piece of human fiction, including those aimed toward men, has a romantic interest for the protagonist. The story feels incomplete without it.

Don't let a vocal minority of Shar-teel haters overturn our democratic vote.

GenVec fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 2, 2011

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

GenVec posted:

I just caught up on the thread since the vote and I've got to say that I'm disappointed you did away with Shar-teel, considering she had the largest positive spread of any of the characters we were voting for. Clearly there were a lot of people that wanted to see how that romance played out (and I'm going to unashamedly admit that I'm one of them).

Frankly the romance plot lines in these games, while a little ham fisted, are extremely popular. They have an awesome number of mods devoted to them, their threads on the bioware forums are always extensive, and from the votes in this very thread you can see that people wanted to know what would happen. There is nothing weird or creeper about this; it's natural to want a little more range of human emotion in a story beyond the protagonists constant desire to kill poo poo. There's also a reason why almost every piece of human fiction, including those aimed toward men, has a romantic interest for the protagonist. The story feels incomplete without it.

Shar-teel -5

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Tag Plastic posted:

Inspired by the LP I'm in the middle of attempting to install this beast myself, and I found this handy site, which has a list of links for Big World mod downloads with at-a-glance indicators of whether the mod is available in English and/or German, and whether it's recommended/standard/tactics/expert. I've found a few things there that the installer couldn't find, plus it's a timesaver to have them all in one place.

Great, I included a link to that site in the FAQ entry, and put that FAQ entry into the first post.

GenVec posted:

The Shar-Teel romance is still active, and she's waiting for us back at the Jovial Juggler. After we finish this current quest set, clearing the road between Baldur's Gate and Nashkel of bandits and other assorted riffraff, we will go back to the Jovial Juggler and have another party vote before we head off to Nashkel. That will be another opportunity to pick up Shar-Teel again and resume her romance. So don't give up hope!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I'm mainly interested in inflicting as much horrible retarded lovely mod content on Vorgen as possible (great job with the LP by the way, buddy) and NPC romances seem like a good way to pile that stuff up.

Not that I'm especially vindictive, but if you're playing The Big World Mod then you really are a glutton for punishment and deserve everything you get.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

That's a big part of the reason why I'm playing Syvishtar as borderline crazy right now, because I'm pretty sure that the insane poo poo he's going to have to go through would drive anybody over the edge, and starting out right on the edge is more entertaining!

edit: oh, I also managed to get ahold of all the regular music for BG, SoA, and ToB (good old games is pretty awesome) so I think I'll start inserting the music for each area into my updates. The music is also pretty awesome and probably one of the subliminal reasons why I love the games so much.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 3, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I don't have an update prepared yet, but I do have some content. I've been developing each character bio based on what happens in-game, and updating the OP periodically. You see those when I open the thread up for character voting. But I've also been updating Syvishtar's bio, which you might have missed if you don't look at the OP as often as I edit it (almost impossible to do). So I'll post it here for your enjoyment:

Syvishtar: It's me! A young, impetuous elf Wild Mage who always thinks the Monk is out to keep him down. All about freedom, art, and the whims of the voices in his head (that's you). Considers spellcasting to be a partnership, where he and the magic work together to really, you know, weave, man! Has a cat familiar. Will sleep with anything female. I have learned much about myself through conversations with my fellow adventurers. I have confessed to liking heroic ballads and funny, easy to remember tunes. I also cannot whistle, something which Imoen has always made fun of. I have discovered that the voices in my head have little patience for long, drawn-out emotional dialogues, even with fellow elves. Finally, I pay very close attention to the effects of wild magic, because that's how the magic speaks to me. I have learned many lessons from the wisdom of the weave. I have learned to never try to cast crowd control spells; just go straight for the kill. The magic has also taught me that I should never cast at frightened, panicked opponents; I should only attack those attacking me. Finally, the magic seems to not like me using a bow, and prefers me to use my staff in melee. I'm still a little doubtful about that interpretation though. I am an elf, after all!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I meant to say. I love the idea of Syvishtar "learning" from the wild surges that he experiences, it's a great plan. I'm a little concerned that eventually he'll learn that he just shouldn't be casting spells, though...

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
No, he'll fall for the gambler's fallacy: He'll think that his magic luck will rebalance to the median, so after summoning a demon during a xvart hunt, he'll assume that a Holy Avenger will turn up when he identifies something.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

4 Kythorn, 1369

I realize that it has now been one month since this whole crazy mess started. Gorion... Gorion led me out of the walls of Candlekeep on 1 Mirtul, and now it is... now it is 4 Kythorn. I had never been outside Candlekeep before, and now I'm effectively banished, and for a whole month. How many more months, or years, will go by before I can get back in? Do I even want to get back in? I have nothing to look forward to but life on the road this month, and the next, and the next... Inns aren't free, after all. We'll find this Umberlee woman, and we'll get rewarded, and then we can have enough money to rest for a few more weeks if we desire, maybe, or maybe even resurrect another dead comrade. But what then? What next?

Best not to think about it. North we go! My party members are complaining of fatigue, but Inns don't pay for themselves!

Alright already, geez! People just don't leave you alone. By the time we finish resting, it is dark.

We go north, and my cat spots a woman holding a spear near the river's edge. We talk to her.

Little late lady, they're all dead. Wait... 50 yards to the east?

Oh no. Poor Finch is going to be toast. I try to shout out a warning, but she and Ajantis just heal themselves and run in.

The Ankheg focuses its huge beady eyes on Imoen, so I tell her to pull back. She just laughs at me and... disappears right in front of my eyes?!

Gameplay note: Imoen got Invisibility as her innate ability on level-up to 3. Go Charming Rogue!

The Ankheg shoots its acid death blob at Finch instead then, seriously wounding her. I tell HER to run away and growl it out this time. Maybe she'll listen. She does. That's when I notice that there are two Ankhegs.

I shout out "Magic Missile!" and Imoen, Xzar, and I all cast Magic Missile together. Xzar's one missile fires out, and Imoen manages to cast two at once! For me, though, the magic turns up on me and destroys all my gold... again. I grumble to myself and switch to my bow.

Haiass falls in combat, and the second Ankheg spits at Ajantis. I feel like this is the end... but then Finch comes running up, fast as an arrow, and casts a heal upon Ajantis. The spit misses somehow, or maybe hits my cat, and the first Ankheg goes down. I pray that we can take the second out quickly. Tiax manages to buff Ajantis' strength again. He seems exceptionally powerful.

Xzar and I go for another magical volley. He with his Magic Missile, and me with an Azragan's. Instead of harming the Ankheg, though, the magic swirls around us and heals us all. That's nice... I guess. We could use some heals. Then I realize that it didn't include Ajantis. Does the magic not like Ajantis?

We all continue to pound on the beast. Then Finch tries the spell she had not been able to use before, due to her being dead. She casts a Command at the Ankheg, and it falls unconsious. At least I think it does. It doesn't really change its position so you can't really tell. It's not fighting back though...

We fight, we strike, we fire, and the beast goes down. Ajantis gets the killing blow with a shockingly bloody strike from his bastard sword. We breathe a collective sigh of relief.

I tell Tiax to do his thing on Haiass's bone again, and tell Ajantis to pick up the shells. Then we head north as it begins to rain.

Four hours later, we arrive at Wyrm's Crossing. We are hailed by a passing farmer.

We're adventurers.

Never met adventurers before. Well if you're a bunch of heroes, maybe you could find out who's been dumping all their waste in the lakes 'round here. You could find out who's at fault, and maybe put a stop to it, permanent-like.

Suddenly the problem with the fishermen and the priestess of Umberlee seems much more clear. Before we get to this, though, I think its best if we camped and rested until morning. Refreshed spells, healed up, that sort of thing. I decide to try something new - I memorize an Armor spell, straight. No going through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer for me tomorrow, I'm going to go straight to the source of Armor. We'll see how that works out. We make camp and sleep without incident, waking up bright and late, just like I like it, around 10 am.

I begin the new day by casting Armor. It works entirely normally. No whispers from the Weave. I'm not sure if I should be pleased or worried.

Gameplay Note: Syvishtar has 23 hit points, an AC of 2, and a THAC0 of 16. He has 3/2 attacks. Also he's wielding a +3 weapon which delivers 1D6+3 damage + 1D6 extra poison damage AND a 15% chance to Snake Bite, which deals 30% of maximum hit points within 3 rounds. Compare this to Ajantis, who has 17 hit points, an AC of 0, and a THAC0 of 15. He also has 3/2 attacks, and is wielding a Bastard Sword that does 1D10 damage. Or compare to Finch, who has 20 hit points, an AC of 0, and a THAC0 of 19 with 1 attack. She's wielding a Masterwork Flail which gives 1D10 damage. Maybe Syvishtar really should be on the front lines? I'll try it out today and see how it goes.

I talk to my companions, and give them a new strategy that I had thought about last night. We will form a wall of 3 in front - Ajantis, me, and Finch. Ajantis seems dubious about me being on the front lines, but after I show him my staff with its snakely motif, he becomes a little more understanding. Finch tells me she'll heal me first at the slightest problem. Tiax, Imoen, and Xzar seem more than happy to be in the back, but I notice that Imoen takes a place directly behind me. That girl's always got my back.

Thus arranged, we continue up the road towards what looks to be a huge bridge.

Unfortunately halfway across the bridge we come across a Flaming Fist Mercenary.

This is the city of Baldur's Gate! You have the mighty Flaming Fist to defend you. Why would you be afraid of bandit incursions?

Normally what you have said would be true, but most of the Flaming Fist is down to the south, and the Grand Dukes feel that the city is exposed. I apologize for any inconvenience, but there is nothing I can do.

A little disappointed, we backtrack across the bridge and onto the shore again. I was really looking forward to seeing a big city. I suppose that the priestess of Umberlee is going to be along the shoreline somewhere? I take the party north, following the water.

We soon come apon a quaint little house, with a woman standing outside of it. But then, from behind the house, we hear a familiar chittering, and soon enough next to the woman bursts forth another Ankheg!

Before I have a chance to give any orders, Finch begins casting a spell. It sounds like Command. I don't wait for it to finish, though - I order everybody else to attack. As we all rush in, it turns out to be a Bless. Close guess but no luck. Good reflexes on the librarian though.

But her reflexes turn out to be her undoing. The Ankheg apparently views her as a threat with all the chanting and flashy lights, and spits at her with his dying breath. Finch falls down to the ground, dead. Again.

I instruct Ajantis to pick up the other Ankheg shell and Finch's equipment. He doesn't seem to have a problem carrying it all. I'm a little impressed. Then, despite the fact that we are down one cleric, I decide to continue on. After all, Tiax is looking pretty confident right now.

I approach the lady at the house, hoping she can tell us where the priestess of Umberlee is.

Uhhh... they did send me, but I wish only to know what is going on.

As cowardly as they are treacherous; hiring others to do what they could not! Tonight I shall put an end to all of this! The seas cry for vengeance!

Then she attacks us!

Everyone reacts automatically. Tenya begins casting a spell and I am reminded of Bassilus. Before she can finish, though, Ajantis cuts her down. I'm a little surprised. I thought he was the one wanting to be cautious in this.

Not knowing what else to do, we check her body. She has two healing potions, a Flail, and some magical gauntlets. Using Finch's eyeglasses, we are able to identify them.

Bracers of Defense! I put them on, but they don't seem to have any effect while my Armor spell is active. I hand them to Xzar, who straps them on quickly and breathes a sigh of relief. It might just be me, but I think he might look visibly less crazy. Was it the stress of being a low-level unequipped mage that drove him mad in the first place? I can commiserate.

We decide to go back and talk to the fishermen about this. There is really nothing else to do. I feel a little sad, though. I wish this could have gone another way.

When we get back, I approach the fishermen. I don't want Imoen to have to tell this story.

Have you done it?! Have you killed the bitch?

She will trouble you no more.

Talos be praised, a last I can sleep well again.

We all will friend. Hear that boys? The child is dead! We'll be back to our boats tomorrow with smooth sailing forever! The Bitch Queen can't touch us now, and we'll take her seas for all they're worth! And to you my... heroic saviors; to you go the spoils. Behold the mystical marvel that is my grandfather's flail. Enjoy.

Gameplay note: For killing the priestess of Umberlee we get 454 xp and another Masterwork Flail. Hardly a mystical marvel. If we could have pulled our punches and not killed the child-priestess of Umberlee too quickly we could have gotten a quest from her to get some sort of bowl from these bastards. Then we would have ended up with a better reward and a reputation point increase, maybe. Also we would be on good terms with the temple of Umberlee in Baldur's Gate, when we get into that city. But the party just killed her too quickly, so that's off the table. Remember, semi-hardcore mode, no reloading. No regrets, no surrender!

Now that the quest is finished, we have to go resurrect Finch. We head south to the Temple of Wisdom.

Selling our extra Masterwork Flail gives us enough cash to resurrect Finch, but once again we come out of a quest barely breaking even and dead broke. Finch and Tiax work together to heal her up back to full. I guess despite his plans for world domination, Tiax still feels a twinge of short people solidarity?

Gameplay note: I remember way back on the first few pages I had a short discussion about my favorite Baldur's Gate music, and I said I wasn't able to find it. Well, I've finally found it, and its this track just above, called The Lady's House. That is what plays within the Temple of Wisdom and I could just idle there all day sometimes.

Once again we rest in the Temple overnight. Then we head back north. I want to follow the river northwards to the Upper Chionthar. There may be bandits there.

When we arrive, I cast Armor, and we begin to scout around.

It's a nice, peaceful place, with flowing water and a green meadow. That is, until the zombies come.

He doesn't last long against us, though. We continue to follow the flowing water. We soon find another zombie, and what looks to be signs of a farm.

I am able to take this one out with my staff. We keep going, and soon enough, we see a farm building, some chickens, a cow, and another zombie!

Xzar takes this one out. Continuing north, we find a farmhouse and someone who may very well be ... a farmer! However, he doesn't seem to like me much.

I send Imoen in. He seems to like her a lot better.

Kill 20 zombies, get 150 gold. Seems pretty straightforward! And these undead haven't been hard for us to kill so far. Time to earn some easy cash!

The farm seems to be pretty well-defended, with walls on three sides that butt up against the river. It's only the south side that looks vulnerable to zombies. That is good design. We head south and hope that there are still 20 zombies to kill.

Happily, we find two just south of us. We rush into the attack.

One gets a hit in on Ajantis but he Lays Hands upon himself and seems fine. The two zombies go down without incident.

Xzar seems to have a different take on what's going on than we do.

Are you cra... out of your... Xzar! The place is full of zombies, and they're trying to kill us!

Marvelous, aren't they? It's not their fault they're trying to kill us, after all. They just weren't made correctly.

I suddenly have a vision of a zombie horde, jerkily shambling and trying to dance to a minor-key version of Born This Way. I shudder.

We find another couple of zombies in the trees to the south. I scrutinize them, but they do not seem to be doing any dances of any sort. I breathe a sigh of relief and smack them with my Serpent Shaft.

Two go down, but four more appear. This seems like a job for ... BURNING HANDS!

I rush into melee range, preparing to roast me some zombie. I call upon the weave and try to shape it into a fan of flaming blazes.

Pure white magic falls down upon me from above, and I am surrounded by an explosion of smoke. A flock of beautiful birds fly away from my immediate vicinity. Then a zombie hits me, hard.

I pull back from melee and let Tiax heal me. Ajantis gets hit hard too, but he drinks a healing potion and looks fine. Finch, sensing the fight is getting more serious, moves in to cast a Bless upon us all. Xzar and Imoen release Magic Missiles at different targets.

Ajantis casts Protection from Evil, and turns his attention to the nearest evil he can find. I switch to my bow.

In a moment, the zombies are chunked. Six more down. We search around and can't find any more zombies, so we go back to Wenric.

I groan inwardly. We killed all the zombies around! What does he want us to do, make more? I turn to Finch, the speedy one, and ask her to go scouting. She replies with "Oh no. I couldn't. I couldn't! Oh, okay!" She is obviously inhibited, that one. She manages to find a way around the fence near the water that we had not previously seen, and goes scouting over that way. She soon finds another zombie.

Gameplay note: I never cared much about this quest, so I never finished it before. But apparently its a pixel-hunting quest. You need to find the correct place to click to get past the fence near the water. Yay I guess?

We attack five more zombies. I think that perhaps it is time once again for Burning Hands.

The magic flows out from my hands, lashes around the zombie in front of me, and ...

the now-female zombie falls to the earth. The magic changed a zombie from male to female, right before the zombie was slaughtered by Ajantis. I do not... how should I... what is... for the love of the weave what does that mean ?! A moment later the zombies fall, but the scar on my psyche will last forever. Lever. Sever. When we return to Wenric this time, we can collect the reward.

Thanks for gettin's rid of those zombies and stuffs. We all really appreciates it and all.

I have an opportunity for you brave scouts. I can advise you to avoid The Fields of the Dead. It has been a regular dwelling place for orcs and other lost souls for ages, but their number are increasing unexpectedly lately. Their activites touch even us, and they are constantly trying to kidnap people from around here... My neighbor, Yness, went to Ulgoth's Beard for help, since her husband was the last one to disappear. She must have been there for a week, now. Maybe she never even got there... Well, don't know what are your plans, but be careful.

Gameplay note: That is the first sniff of the Northern Tales of the Sword Coast mod, a very old-school mod originally created for Baldur's Gate 1, and resurrected to be part of the BiG World Project. It's rather high-level stuff, so might be too scary for us. But the Fields of the Dead are just northeast of here...

For killing all the zombies, we get 150 gold, 363 xp, and +1 rep!

I savor the sweet, sweet taste of finishing a quest without anybody dying, even once.

Our next path is unclear. Should we heed this Wenric's advice and steer clear of the Fields of the Dead? Should we stop by Ulgoth's Beard to find his friend? Or should we stick to our original plan and go back south, clearing out the rest of the road to Nashkel?

I must think about this as Imoen goes into the farmhouse. I turn my gaze inward.

Imoen comes out with a few extra gold, a pearl necklace, and a longsword.

Gameplay note: Ok guys, decision time. Should we 1. Deviate from the pre-planned adventure to explore the Fields of the Dead and/or Ulgoth's Beard or should we 2. Head south like we planned and clear out the road between Beregost and Nashkel? You decide! But I'll give you a hint. One of those choices involves circles of Skull Traps, and the other one doesn't.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 4, 2011

milhouse14
Sep 20, 2011
Head south. The iron crisis isn't going to solve itself.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

milhouse14 posted:

Head south. The iron crisis isn't going to solve itself.

Agreed. Also, :allears: the music. My, that brings back memories.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
South you go.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The little blood-sucking imp on your hip says: "The magic changed the zombie's genitals. The southern region, if you know what I mean. HEHEHEHEHE"

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

South, my dear sirs, south!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

:engleft: Go South.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I think we have all enjoyed enough of people dying in updates. Go south and gain some levels.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

South, and I wished you had been casting something like armor when the wild surge took place. Fun for everyone... except Syvishtar.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
:angel: Continue South, Shyvishtar. You must end the iron crisis. Also, the magic is telling you it's okay to attack women, as evil is done by both genders. Or it could have no meaning either.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
High level stuff? I don't think at this point there's much we can do but go south.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Go south, grasshopper.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Go South, our party members die to regular leveled enemies. I'd hate to see what happens if we go into a high level area...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
North. The quickest way to level is by killing high value targets.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Let's go south. It'll be nice to finish quests without someone dying for a change (Well, there will be a lower chance of dying at least), and if we went north we'd end up cheesing the game in order to live.

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 4, 2011

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

AJ_Impy posted:

IF you can kill them AND survive doing so. I'm doing my own playthrough and once people start hitting 2nd and 3rd levels it gets much more expensive to Raise them, and Syvistar's already broke! He needs to go south to the easy targets and quest rewards to build up his cash reserves before wandering into the serious danger zones.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

ShiningForceHero posted:

I think we have all enjoyed enough of people dying in updates. Go south and gain some levels.

Maybe we should start a deathboard. The highest-dying characters could win special prizes or something.

milhouse14
Sep 20, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Normally I would agree but unless I missed something I don't think Shyvistar and the party has built up a cache of pots, scrolls, wands, etc. Things that are generally needed against foes way over the group's current pay grade.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Thank god that gender change wasn't on a buff or the like, its a bit early for a identity crisis.

For that matter, what happens if that happens to one of your NPC companions? Do they acknowledge the fact that they've been gender swapped, or even for that matter actually change?

South

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Conot posted:

For that matter, what happens if that happens to one of your NPC companions? Do they acknowledge the fact that they've been gender swapped, or even for that matter actually change?

Speaking from experience, in vanilla SoA it breaks a quest line if it happens to Edwin. Other than that, I can't say.

Pangolin Poetry
Jan 1, 2008
hey just posting to say that i really like the balance between critiquing and exploring all these goofy rear end mods and playing it serious, good LP bro

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Vorgen posted:

Maybe we should start a deathboard. The highest-dying characters could win special prizes or something.

It would be entertaining at least keeping up with who has died the most, maybe with an explanation for what killed the character and where, similar to the Ironman Thread.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Honored Dead

Ajantis
Deaths: 2
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair (second visit)

Eldoth
Deaths: 1
Slain by Bandit in Coast Way

Finch
Deaths: 3
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair (second visit)
Slain by Ankheg in Wyrm's Crossing

Gorion
Slain by Plot Device in Lion's Way

Haiass
Deaths: 2
Slain by Ankheg in Lower Chionthar

Imoen

Jaheira
Slain by Ogre in Beregost

Khalid

Montaron
Slain by Hobgoblin Archer in Lion's Way

Shar-Teel
Deaths: 3
Slain by Dire Wolf in Red Canyons
Slain by Zargal (named hobgoblin) in Red Canyons
Slain by Bassilus in Red Canyons

Will Scarlet
Slain by Ogre in Beregost

Reloads:
Rhialto the Marvelous (many)

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 5, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Haiass has actually died twice so far. The second time was also by an ankheg in the Lower Chionthar but in this latest update.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Thank god for resurrection.

I'm surprised that Finch is tied with Shar-teel, though it is understandable given the circumstances she was in.

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
I think we should limit how often we ressurect someone.

I'd say 5 times and after the sixt death it is lights out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I'm open to that. It would be up to the thread to create a new rule like that. If there's more interest we can vote on it. We are already kinda limited by our funds, which are right now just enough to resurrect one level 3 character.

• Locked thread