Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

We'll have personal WORKING jetpacks.

Dwarf Fortress will be on version 0.6

And we'll have planet-sized supercomputers capable of running it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Tunicate posted:

Dwarf Fortress will be on version 0.6

And we'll have planet-sized supercomputers capable of running it.
Whoa, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

Whoa, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here.

While we're dreaming, I'd like a personal greenhouse/time machine so I have an endless supply of peat for the production of Scotch. Cause that's the real prize of life. Good Scotch, and people to share it with. Before you shoot them in the face and take their territory! :black101:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Oof, almost 2 weeks without Vorgen saying anything? Your readers will worry, man.

Robocephalic
Sep 4, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

BGII has an exponentially larger mod community than BGI.

By the time Vorgen's gone through it all, we'll have moon colonies.

Please let us have moon colonies.

With your talk of moon colonies, I thought you were talking about an actual BG2 mod with moon colonies. I might be okay with that.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Siegkrow posted:

Oof, almost 2 weeks without Vorgen saying anything? Your readers will worry, man.

eh, this is nothing compared to when i disappeared for six months working at some silly startup.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Vorgen posted:

eh, this is nothing compared to when i disappeared for six months working at some silly startup.

Oh? I dunno what a Startup is, really.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Siegkrow posted:

A bunch of people who are trying to build a thing, usually tech sector, usually working for the promise of lots of company shares when it works.

If it works.

(I did it too once, I left for money because I wanted money)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Shugojin posted:

A bunch of people who are trying to build a thing, usually tech sector, usually working for the promise of lots of company shares when it works.

If it works.

And that startup was Google :v:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Siegkrow posted:

Shugojin posted:

If it works.

Mister Adequate posted:

And that startup was Google :v:

2000 was the year of the startup in the San Francisco Bay Area. But from even before that, I personally know quite a few people who became Netscape millionaires in 1997-or-so after everyone realized that, yes, the Internet was really going to become a thing. Unfortunately, I never hitched my own cart to the right horse.

As an aside, on the subject of the internet becoming "a thing": I first discovered the World Wide Web in 1993, and I thought it would never catch on, because there was no way to find anything on it. Then a few months later, a friend of mine introduced me to the greatest link ever: a college student named Jerry Yang had put together something called a "search engine" which could be reached at https://www.stanford.edu/yahoo/

But back to the subject at hand. In all of my attempts to make it big and become a millionaire in the startup world, I did learn one thing, from a friend of mine who personally started up a company that was acquired by Siebel, which in turn was acquired for hundreds of millions of dollars from Oracle. The lesson was this: Just give your software to some huge old-economy companies like Wal-Mart, General Motors, Johnson&Johnson, or the like for an overinflated amount of money... in exchange for their company getting an early investment in shares of your own company, and then show the venture capitalists how your revenue has been growing like a parabolic curve due to these investments BUT DON'T TELL THEM WHY, and get your company sold in an initial public offering for way more than it's worth because people who don't do their homework believe that the growth curve is sustainable, and then cash out.

Or at least that's how it used to work. By the time I figured it all out (which didn't happen until after I had already won Baldur's Gate II, because, you know, priorities), the dot-com crash of 2001 was already underway.

TL;DR: I'm an old-rear end fart, and I'm not rich like I should have been, and I'm looking forward to Vorgen's next update just like the rest of you.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I caved and bought BG:EE the other day. Instead of playing it myself, I'm watching my (generally non-gamer) girlfriend try it out and staying as silent as possible, trying to let her make her own mistakes. So far, she's made it via the Friendly Arm to Beregost sticking purely to the roads, which means her entire party's still level 1. I'm starting to get a bit worried about her survival prospects after she reaches Nashkel.

Man, Nashkel was so long ago in this LP. Which, by the way, is still my favourite LP, and I'm still checking daily in case there's an update. :(

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Yea, I was so excited reading through it to catch up to the current posts.

RIP my bed time reading for two months.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Maugrim posted:

I caved and bought BG:EE the other day. Instead of playing it myself, I'm watching my (generally non-gamer) girlfriend try it out and staying as silent as possible, trying to let her make her own mistakes. So far, she's made it via the Friendly Arm to Beregost sticking purely to the roads, which means her entire party's still level 1. I'm starting to get a bit worried about her survival prospects after she reaches Nashkel.

Man, Nashkel was so long ago in this LP. Which, by the way, is still my favourite LP, and I'm still checking daily in case there's an update. :(

How did mr decent levelled mage and his SURPRISE MAGIC MISSLE go over?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Are the EEs even worth getting? I've considered them but...eh. They'd have to be something special.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

Are the EEs even worth getting? I've considered them but...eh. They'd have to be something special.

They're a big improvement over the original games in terms of the engine and playability. It's much easier to install and a generally more enjoyable experience - just lots and lots of small changes. The new content is pretty average and isn't worth it, but isn't terrible.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Are you ok Vorgen? :ohdear:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Shugojin posted:

How did mr decent levelled mage and his SURPRISE MAGIC MISSLE go over?

Only wiped the party once, surprisingly! (I tried to be subtle with my hint to save the game beforehand, but I think she cottoned on.)

The outcome of that fight is a bit more random with the BG2 engine implementation of Mirror Image, where if there are X images up there's a 1 in X chance of you actually hitting the caster. Makes more sense that way and is less overpowered - in the BG1 version you always had to get rid of all the images first.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Vorgen must be stuck in some kind of npc equipping purgatory.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Deaderinred posted:

Vorgen must be stuck in some kind of npc equipping purgatory.
Hope he's ok. :suspense:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I'm okay, I'm okay! Sorry, I should get on this for this weekend maybe :)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Vorgen posted:

I'm okay, I'm okay! Sorry, I should get on this for this weekend maybe :)

You totally should :neckbeard:

Happy Easter, everyone! (Except, presumably, for those who don't celebrate Easter. Happy weekend, you guys!)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maugrim posted:

You totally should :neckbeard:

Happy Easter, everyone! (Except, presumably, for those who don't celebrate Easter. Happy weekend, you guys!)

As a blatant antitheist, I celebrate the hell out of 'Easter'.

There's just so much fun to be had with coloring eggs. :kimchi:

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Does the big world project mod work with the extended edition?

stille
Oct 9, 2012
Nope

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

To clarify, some of the individual mods work, but until all the mods are updated there is no way BWP could work with EE.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

The Feast of the Moon, 1370

It is auspicious that today is the Feast of the Moon. Auspicious of what, I do not know. But somebody's going to be eating well today!

As I'm formulating my plan, I discuss things with Imoen. She seems even more knowledgeable than normal, even more capable. She seems almost my equal in knowledge of the Weave, actually.

I'm so proud of her. She has come so far! Its as if we're related somehow, as if we were... no. I wouldn't wish that on her.

But it is time to put my plan into motion. I take one of the oldest magical items in my possession, that I got from Gorion himself. I take within my hands the Stone of Recall.

I move us all to that barren sanctuary. I have everyone stand in an order that I have made up all in my own head.

Then I ask the Final Five to wait. They agree, of course. They look quite regal in their golden armor, their glowing magical weapons. They look like a club of demigods, nonchalantly waiting to strike down all enemies.

Then I return to the Elfsong Tavern. It is time to equip everyone.

EVERYONE!!!!!

Yes yes, come come, we have equipment to wrap you in.

It is exhausting trying to find the perfect platemail for Minsc. He has to try on every. single. one.

But eventually he settles on an ensemble.

It is the Full Plate Mail of Flame. With it and the Talisman of Fire Resistance, he will also be healed by the cleansing flames of friend and foe alike. Since he cannot be under my direct command, I give him two unusual items - the Cloak of Displacement and the Boots of Displacing. The boots will automatically teleport him behind whatever foe he sees, and the cloak will guarantee that their first attack will miss. That will give Minsc time to lay about with Belhifet's Sword of Grief +5, hopefully poisoning everything in his path irrevocably. Truly a devastating foe.

He becomes 6th to stand ready.

Squirrel comes next.

He needs a Girdle of Frost Giant Strength to be able to equip anything. After I cinch it on his tiny widdle frame, he is ready to go.

He wields Elgenon's Bramble, that shoots spiky spines at everything from range. He is encased in a wide variety of druid-only armor, and even has the Great Shield - White Oak with him. How, I do not know. He also has complete immunity to fire by way of the Ring of Fire Shielding, something only a druid can wear. He also wears an ioun stone, to better mark his place in the area. The little beast is fearsome. He also memorizes offensive spells.

He stands beside Minsc, in the Ready Cave. He stands stalwart.

After I return, I consult my list, and look up Yeslick.

Sometimes I wonder why he isn't in the Final Five. Then I remember Kagain, and how nobody can touch him. Still, it's close.

He also decides on the Full Plate Mail of Flame in the end, like Minsc. I also give him Durlag's Crown and a Rift Hammer. He's good to go.

Yeslick also takes his place in the sanctuary.

Edwin is next. Great.

It is when choosing what to wear for Edwin that I realize we have 7 Robes of the Evil Archmagi. I guess that means there are 7 less evil archmagi in the world. So, go us?

But Edwin cares not for any of them. He only has eyes for the black, eater-of-color Robe of the Abyss. He also gets the Gloves of the Magi, like I have, and a Red Ioun Stone. He takes the last Ring of Fire Resistance and the Ring of Dwarven Bone. He sneers at my potions and stocks up on wands. He sneers at the Boots of Speed and takes the Gnomish Boots. He also takes the one remaining Cloak of the Shield. Perhaps he's had a bad run-in with magic missiles before. Finally, he takes the Boomerang Dagger. He's ready to rock.

He takes an equal mix of defensive and offensive spells. But he won't let me look at his spellbook or give him any advice.

I put him in the corner. You can barely see him there.

His best friend and number one fangirl is next.

She goes totally thiefly with her equipment. But I don't want her in melee, so I only give her a sling. The girl can't die on me.

Then, I realize that there is a flaw in my plan, or at least an unnecessary part. Aside from the order in which they get equipment, my personal mental order of the Golden Company is immaterial. After I equip each person, I shouldn't line them up according to number. Instead I should put them in their final attack formation, based on role. So, I reorganize the assembled members of the Golden Company into support and melee groups, with the Final Five separate from them.

So far Minsc and Yeslick are melee, and Alora, Edwin, and Squirrel are support. But there will be many more, oh so many more.

Viconia is one of them.

I am a little worried about her, because of her lack of strength limiting her equipment selection, but we surprisingly enough find a lot of good equipment for her. She wears the Green Dragon Scale I got while hanging out with Drizzt. There is even a large shield that works for her. She gets both a +3 mace, the Storm Star, and a +2 sling. I recommend that she uses the sling, but she could switch. Also, she prepares a balanced selection of healing and offensive spells.

With Yeslick in the forefront, I put Viconia in the back due to her low strength.

Then I go and talk to my old mentor, Firebead.

He wears the Robe of the Neutral Archmagi, and I also give him Ulcaster's Amulet. He died there, after all. He's earned it. He also gets a Ring of Archwizardry. He knows his magic, he should use it.

He is a consummate spellcaster, and memorizes all of the spells a mage of his stature should have prepared for this kind of situation.

He also goes on the back row.

Khalid is next.

He ends up wearing the Mithril Field Plate Armor +2, the personal armor of Bruenor Battlehammer. He also wears Warrior Gloves for their expertise boost. He goes quite defensive with a Helm of Protection, the Talisman of Protection, a Cloak of Protection +1, a Ring of Free Action +2, and the Medium Shield +2, Heart of the Dragon. They all wrap him in many protective magics. Then he goes with the Boots of Ensured Quickness, and two swords, the Long Sword +3: Gift of Storm, and the Answerer +2, which lowers magical resistance and armor with each hit.

But when I try to get Khalid and Jaheira (they are inseparable) to wait in Shaundakul's sanctuary, they refuse. Instead of waiting around, they simply leave.

I didn't even know that they knew how to get out of this sanctuary themselves, but they do. I look all over the place for them and only find them again at the Friendly Arm Inn. After I chase them down, Khalid goes on a little rant.

That is the reason your goodness should be grounded in the Balance of Nature. You are not then concerned with punishment or reward.

Q-quite. I do wonder, though, if it was t-to exactly this sort of situation to which your own t-teaching referred.

What good deed are they referring to? Trying to help me? But before I can ask, Jahiera asks me a question instead.

What letter? This letter? Oh yes, I read it constantly. But something in her words sparks off an old twinge of distrust. A hidden anger manifests.

You... you knew, didn't you? You knew about this and would not speak! You... you betrayer!

What do you speak of, Syvishtar? I will have none of this, being called these insulting names, knowing nothing of what you accuse me!

That you knew I was a Bhaalspawn and did not tell me, you Harper whore! You and all your meddling lot, you are always keeping your petty little secrets, only to stab me in the back later. That's what makes me call you betrayer!

A... a Bhaalspawn? You are one of the Children? I... I suppose I should have guessed. But trust me, please, I did not know of this until now! Gorion had not told us, and I can only guess that he was about to do so! Quench this anger, for it is unfounded!

Perhaps... perhaps I was a little harsh... but I can't believe Gorion would have not told you about my heritage!

Yes, I have to agree that it is odd, for Gorion was always honest and never secretive in his dealings with me. He cared for Khalid and me, and taught us much... perhaps he thought that knowing this might endanger us, and wanted to prevent that? Who can say... I think he planned to tell us when he asked Khalid and me to come to the Friendly Arm. Alas...

Yes... I suppose that makes sense. I did not want to question your loyalty, Jaheira. Let's just continue on with our quest.

But I cannot convince them to wait in the Sanctuary. They only agree to wait in the Friendly Arm Inn. Well, if they're not going to cooperate, they can just miss out on the confrontation with Sarevok. See if I care! And see if I give Jahiera any equipment either!

Lady Seafom is next. But, honestly, I cannot think of a way to include her in the fight. Without being under my direct control, she is quite... dangerous. She will turn all hands against each other until only she remains. She would sow complete chaos into the ranks of the Golden Company. I must keep her in reserve.

So I continue with Black Bear.

The first thing he gets is the Fighting Gauntlets.

Not much else fits him. The Steel Robe manages to work with his bulk. Boots of Displacing fit on his back legs. I manage to wedge in the Talisman of Cold Resistance and the Talisman of Protection from Poison into his fur. And I tie a Cloak of Protection +1 around him. It seems to work. But other than that, he doesn't have anything else to wear.

Black Bear of course goes on the front row.

Next is Jet'laya.

I'm starting to just equip people by theme. Jet'laya has her own cloak and chainmail, so I give those back to her. Also, the Blue Kite Shield with +70% protection from fire goes with her cloak, so I give that to her as well. She was handy with the Mace of Disruption, so she gets that to fight with. A Helm of Glory, Gauntlets of Dexterity, and Amulet of Power round her out as a great front-line fighter. She wears her sister's ring on one hand always, and on the other I let her wear a Ring of Protection. She is as ready to go as she can be.

I put her in the front line.

I approach Dynaheir next.

The woman's heart is in the right place, but her magical talent is... lacking. Not enough practice, I suppose. And her insistence on not memorizing new spells is quite frustrating. Oh well, we'll have to take her out again sometime after all this. Get her up to speed. For now, though, she needs all the protection she can get.

I look into the bag, but I feel her staring at me. She waits until I look up, and then...

Not much is known of the prophecy of Alaundo, Syvishtar. Even less is clear. Thou wert but an orphaned child marked strangely by fate when I met thee. There was blood spilt about thee, but still different from what the prophecy sayeth.

What does it say? What is my destiny?

The words I saw were few, yet chilling. Armies march and cities burn / The rivers froth with tainted blood / The corpses of those born not innocent / Feed the inferno of boiling hate.

You scare me, Dynaheir. Is there more?

I know no more than that.

Then we set out on the business of equipping this low-level sorcerling. In the end, I'm unsatisfied, but there's not much you can do.

She's got the Memento Mori mage robes and two Mystics' Rings, plus a Sorcerer's Staff. All of these together let her cast 10 level one spells and 7 level two spells. She also insists on wearing a Nymph Cloak, as she thinks it increases her spellpower. I doubt it, though. A Wand of Polymorph and the Stone of Good Luck are all that remain for me to give her, except for the Mage's Bracers. Those along with the staff will reduce her casting time. I hope it is enough.

I put her in the back, NOT next to Edwin, and hope it is enough to keep her alive.

Then its on to Coran.

Coran, with his longbow proficiency, is definitely a back-line support. I load him up with equipment to maximize that.

The bow he wields is the Composite Longbow +2, which has a greater damage bonus than any other we have. He has Bracers of Archery, and a host of stealth-enhancing equipment. I hope to use him to lay traps down before the fight begins. Then I stick him on the back row too.

Gameplay note: I'm never doing this again. From now on, everybody gets to keep their equipment.

Gameplay note: This detailing of equipment is bogging me down so much that I can probably blame it for the reason I've procrastinated on this update so much. So screw this! I'm going to equip the rest of the party and not tell you exactly what I'm putting on them. It's mostly non-epic stuff now anyways. Coran even got a generic Composite Longbow +2.

I rush through the rest of the equipping of the Golden Company in a kind of trance. Who cares what magical doodad goes to which useless fodder... err, loyal companion. I didn't say that out loud did I?

Some of the Golden Company find their loyalty wavering. They refuse to join up without money up-front.

I don't have much to bribe with, and I don't feel like messing with it. So I just leave them be. How much can Mur'Neth contribute to the battle anyway?

Gameplay note: This is something that we have not encountered much with companions before, because the popular guys get in the party much more often than the unpopular guys. The Relationship Mod, though, keeps track of that, and by the endgame here some people just decide not to be with us anymore because we haven't spent enough time with them. Or money on them. Mur'Neth is one of them, and the first one that I didn't want to bother bribing to fix. I had to bribe a couple of the others, but I didn't mind because they were more important. But I don't want to run all over town buying specific types of rings for Mur'Neth, so screw him. This is the second factor that was really chapping my hide about this final update, so not worrying about it anymore is necessary for my sanity.

When it comes time to speak with Branwen, we have a few minutes alone. A few precious minutes only, and dear to my heart.

I shall stay with you. Tempus' hand shall guide you through your battles, and my prayer will shield you from most serious injuries and harms. But there is nothing to come between us, save camaraderie, and most likely, I shall depart once bards choir the first ballad telling of the Hero of the Sword Coast.

I think about all that has happened to me, of a life lived in full so far, of battles fought and selves conquered. And I am also at peace.

I accept this. You are more than welcome to stay, my friend.

Thank you, comrade.

Gameplay note: Little-known fact -- Branwen is communist.

Garrick, the Golden Company bard that has never actually been out of our taverns, poses a question to me.

Well, I like this adventuring and all, don't get me wrong. But I am scared sometimes. There's the thrill of living on the edge, but I never know if I'm going to wake up skewered by a hobgoblin's arrow.

You don't enjoy staring death in the eyes? What about the joys of melee? You can't deny it makes you feel alive, can you?

Uh... Well, I suppose that's true. I'd like to avoid those sorts of situations where possible, though.

What's the matter? Are you a coward?

I'd just prefer to live another day, is all. I'm only young, and I'm a lover, not a fighter... Plus I can't very well pen tales when I'm dead, can I? Hmm, unless I was, uh, undead... creepy.

And after contemplating that idea a bit more, Garrick decides that he just isn't close enough to me to help me destroy my super-evil half-brother.

He and Mur'Neth can sit around and coward together for all I care.

Quayle is the same way. But I have a ridiculous conversation with him first.

I, uh, have a special lotion.

Actually, I wasn't expecting an answer. Well, not that answer.

Well, with a brain this big, the hat does chafe. I would offer you some of the lotion but, y'know, I think it'd be wasted on you.

Right. Uh, time to keep moving, I think.

Then he just leaves. He also doesn't want to go with me.

I need dedicated people here. I can't deal with this mercenary attitude.

An interesting thing I notice when I speak with Safana. She is still wearing Drowcraft armor and using Drowcraft weapons!

How she protected them from sunlight I'll never know, but there she is, all purple. I let her keep them. Any edge in a fight.

When I am alone with Gavin, he mentions the now-infamous Letter.

No, but I fear what you might become. I know you have no control over who your father was. But the question is, now that you know what you are, what are you going to do with the knowledge?

I am still thinking about all the possibilities.

All the possibilities? If you take that attitude, the only possibility this is going to give you is to become a monster. Is that what you want?

No. I will fight it.

Then I will gladly help you.

Bub Snikt is also uncooperative.

I guess I should have anticipated this. I should have distributed the loot more evenly. I suppose I can understand the deserters' position - there's nothing in it for them. Maybe I should have let them keep their equipment.

But it really hurts when Rose refuses to come.

I thought we were close! But I guess that was a long time ago, for both of us.

There are no other surprise desertions, and in the end we have assembled the entire company. We have 32 souls ready to pour out of an interdimensional rift and kick my half-brother's rear end all the way into next week!

Gameplay note: In the front row, from left to right, we start out with Conchobhair Strongblade in the red armor, and behind him is Xavia. Mulgore is just to the right of her, and then Indira wielding the Long Swords "Life" and "Death". Continuing the front row in another set of glowing red armor is Minsc, and next to him is Jet'Laya. The third set of glowing red armor is Yeslick. Next to him is Black Bear, then Ferthgil Trollslayer. After that it is Will Scarlett O'Hara, Bjornin, and finally in the top right is Thorfinn Hauskluniff.

A middling middle row of healers include Branwen on the left in green, Faldorn in the center, and Gavin on the right. Perhaps I should put Jet'Laya in there.

In the back row, we start with Skeezer Lumpkin IV, then Safana, Keiria Silverstring, Coran, Dynaheir, Alora, Edwin, Squirrel, Viconia, Firebead Elvenhair, and finally Xzar on the far right. Perhaps I should also add Viconia to the middle row of healers.

The deserters in the end are Jaheira, Khalid, Mur'Neth, Rose, Bub Snikt, Quayle, and Garrick (with Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce as a special exception). May their names be stricken from the records of the Golden Company, for they wussed out when I needed them most.

I am coming, little brother, and the Golden Company comes with me!

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 3, 2014

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Vorgen, AMAZING. I have waited years for this! Glad to see you back. That final shot of the gang ready to go looks great. As for the unspeakable cowards who wouldn't join, perhaps they will meet their comeuppance in BG2?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
HELL YEA

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Beautiful. Let's do this!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
This is going to be epic!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Hooray! Thanks for going through that for us.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Our bodies are ready, Vorgen.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

NINE HELLS YEAH!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
That last screenshot is beautiful! I dig how some of them thought "gently caress this guy" and pissed off, much better than all of them blindly following you to their horrible deaths.

It's happening!

Honestly seeing that kind of bro group picture ready for battle is making me want to throw my current game out of the window and start all over again, just to try that in last battle myself, loving glorious. About Jaheira and Khalid, i had that problem with them too, whenever i would remove one of them they would just both piss off back to the FAI every drat time, there's a way to fix it i think but sod it, those harper wusses can miss on glory.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 3, 2014

BwenGun
Dec 1, 2013

This is amazingly, stupendously, magnificently, splendiferously awesome! :dance:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Incredible, Vorgen. Truly glorious. Everything that D&D should be :)

Also...

Minsc looks fahhbulous!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
It's here! It's here! Love seeing the Golden Company arrayed like that - truly epic.

I'm sad that Jaheira and Khalid aren't joining you, but I can see why you gave up on them. I'm just glad you decided to prioritise making the update happen over driving yourself insane. :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've got nothing else to say, except:

:getin:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I do believe that's the sound of imminent carnage in the winds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I do believe that's the sound of imminent carnage in the winds.

The problem is that carnage might be just because it's begging for a Chaos spell.

• Locked thread