Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Why do you think Irenicus had to kill him? He's a Dreadnought, and no power on faerun would have kept him from Jaheira or CHARNAME whilst he was alive.

Sadly, Irenicus found the loophole in that statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

AJ_Impy posted:

stuff

*coughSPOILERScough*

Granted, it's for the first five minutes of BGII, but it still surprised a whole lot of people, myself included.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Let's roll with him being a Dreadnought because it's hilariously the most likely to get him killed what with being a low-level tank character.

Also, when you get to Beregost, can you pick up Kagain? I'm curious to see what if anything this mod did to the dwarf fighter with 20 CON to start with.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Vorgen posted:

The original games are old, and there's already Let's Plays all the way until Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to focus on and emphasize the number of scope of the mods, and how they add to, differ from, and perhaps subtract from the original game. So I'm totally fine with people referencing everything in the original game without spoilers. Besides, there are so many changes that what people think are spoilers may not be.

jng2058 posted:

Besides, the Clark Kent routine is the only thing that could make his otherwise aggravating personality bearable. And let me tell you, I was a happy camper when they plot killed the squirrely schmuck in the beginning of BG2!

Kaboom, it surprised a whole lot of people, eleven years ago.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Ok guys, looks like Khalid as a Duskblade very narrowly wins by 1 vote. I'll post another update soon.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Vorgen posted:

3. How do you feel about spoilers for the original game's plot? The original games are old, and there's already Let's Plays all the way until Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to focus on and emphasize the number of scope of the mods, and how they add to, differ from, and perhaps subtract from the original game. So I'm totally fine with people referencing everything in the original game without spoilers. Besides, there are so many changes that what people think are spoilers may not be.

Rules of the thread say there's no such thing as spoilers in this game, because A) It's been too long and B) It might not go that way anyhow, what with the huge game-changing mod we're watching get played through.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Vorgen posted:

I'm trying to focus on and emphasize the number of scope of the mods, and how they add to, differ from, and perhaps subtract from the original game.

Goddamnit I cannot write a grammatically correct sentence to save my life fuckin' A.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 8, 2011

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Funny that this LP popped up just as I started loving around with BG again and tried to install this mod. I'm going to vote Khalid go Duskblade, because it sounds the most interesting of the options to me.

I actually have been having trouble getting the Big World Project to work, and this seems like as good a place as any to ask if anybody here's run into a similar problem. I installed the original Baldur's Gate to C:/Black Isle/Baldur's Gate as suggested, but when it gets to be time to actually install the mods it runs into an error telling me it cannot locate my BG installation folder, where it loops. Some internet browsing said this can come up when you're missing files, but I tried replacing them all and I've tried two different sets of disks, DVD and CD, so I honestly am not sure what it could be. I am running on windows 7, though. Anybody run into any problems like this?

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing you tackle some of this ridiculous poo poo.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

4 Mirtul, 1369

Gameplay note: Ok, it was a close race between Duskblade and Dreadnought, but in the end Duskblade won. So lets all say hello to Khalid the Duskblade.

Looks like he's got more hit points now. That's good at least. His duskblade powers won't kick in until level 4, so don't hold your breath. Time to sell!

Bentley is not a dwarf to mess around with conversation. All of the weapons and armor we picked up from our fights amount to 80 gold. We don't sell any of the gems, rings, or necklaces on account of wanting to bribe people later. With the money I buy enough arrows for everybody, and bolts for Jaheira, to max out everybody's quivers (450 arrows/bolts), leaving us with 76 gold. When we get done selling, Jaheira has a "helpful suggestion" for us.

As tempting as the first wacky response is, my only thought is of you guys. I'm sure you want to know the intimate details of these two lovebirds, so that's where I go.

Forest lore, hmmm... How did you and Khalid first meet?

How is *that* related to forest lore?

Well, you are a lady of the forest, and Khalid is a man of the woods... Erm... it is a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't think of a more opportune time to ask, without seeming to pry.

I'll indulge your curiosity, Syvishtar. The first time I saw Khalid was at a ball. We both were... we both had to attend on business, but neither of us knew the other. I had done what I had to and was about to leave, when I saw him standing all by himself. He looked so awkward and shy that I felt sorry for him and came over to talk. I found him surprisingly charming, and we got to know each other better...

Hmm, funny, Khalid told me the same story, only he said it was *you* who was standing all by yourself.

Oh? That's an interesting... piece of lore.

Ahem! Actually, we were *both* standing by ourselves... but getting back to wood lore - did you know that grubs can be quite tasty?... No one can cook them like Jaheira!

I don't know why I just lied there, but it seems like it worked out alright. I should probably watch my tongue better in the future. I don't want these people to think poorly of me. I wonder what is upstairs in this huge inn?

Apparently the lap of luxury! Wow, I've never seen any place so comfortable-looking! I could just stretch out on this couch and lounge forever. And at just 1 gold piece a night, we could stay here for... lets see... 2 1/2 months! If only Khalid and Jaheira could relax and stop talking about Nashkel.

Imoen, as always, goes to be social.

Gameplay note: I'm not going to go into too much detail here, but suffice it to say that Rupert can die your characters any color they want to be, all 256 pure colors and a ton of different gradients too. You can customize your character's look much greater than just choosing the major and minor colors at character creation. You can choose colors for every piece of your outfit. Its a little expensive so I'm not going to bother with it now, but maybe I will later on. You never know!

I have seen quite the number of nobles wandering the Inn. How is it that you can afford to stay here?

The Arm caters to everyone, and everyone is more or less equal under her roof. Some of the rooms do cost a bit more, but there is room for everyone at almost every price.

Sounds great. I wonder what else we can find here?

A rogue... ogre. I wonder if she means one that's out of control and bucking the system or more like the sneaky-hidey type? At any rate, sounds like something just up Khalid and Jaheria's alley. I saw them perk up right away. We're probably going to have to go out there and find it.

Imoen starts looking restless so we head up to the next floor. On the way up Imoen mutters under her breath about nobody trusting anyone and everything being locked. I'm not quite sure what she means. Once we get there...

Oh, hey, a job! And 100 gold! Now this is something I can handle. Beregost is south right? I'll have to ask Jaheira. I decide to help Imoen out with the canvassing she's intent on doing. The first room I enter has a very strange gentleman...

My Candlekeep instincts kick right in and before I know what I'm saying...

Sir, yes sir! Pantaloons pressed and ready by tonight or breakfast is free, sir!

Service with a smile and a snap in your step. That's what we like to see. Now get going, drat you! Not a coin for a tip if there's even ONE tear!

I look down at my hands to see what the buffoon has given me.

... there is NO WAY I'm ever returning these. I've GOT to show Imoen! And magical?!

Since there are only three floors to this Inn, we decide to go outside the explore the grounds. Next to the Inn proper there is a smaller building, which turns out to be the Temple of Wisdom.

Gameplay note: You know, I freakin' love the temple music of the BGII series. I should extract it and turn it into background music for my house. You can listen to what this particular temple sounds like on YouTube. But that's all we can enjoy here at the Temple of Wisdom because a healing potion costs 225 gold.

After exiting the rather beautiful temple, Xzar announces that he is tired, so we go back to the Inn and rest. After resting I can identify the pantaloons, so I do.

Gameplay note: Pantocrator! I finally realize where these things come from! They're obviously a high-end artifact from Dominions 3.

Believe it or not, this is not a mod. Nope, this is pure, unadulterated, vintage Black Isle crazy from 1998. And if you don't know what these are for already, you won't be able to find out until we're in Throne of Bhaal, near the very end of the game. Sorry! Also, you can't wear them, they are not equippable, so don't suggest Khalid wear them, even though I'm sure he'd look dashing twinkling around the map in golden pantaloons.

I am even more confused, but nevertheless delighted! So delighted in fact that I suggest we go kill pervy ogres, before Jaheira brings it up.

We start out by exploring the immediate area surrounding the Inn. To the west Khalid spots hobgoblins!

They never stood a chance. North along the road we find a few more. They fall before our arrows. Khalid even comments, "My, ah, heart's really not in this." Can't say that I blame him, they are just too easy to kill.

One of the hobgoblins was carrying a strange potion.

I'm sure it's fine.

We continue to patrol the immediate area, and aside from executing a few more hobgoblins, we find nothing to do. I guess we have to go a little further afield to find the lady's belt. But, hey, this area can be declared secure!

Gameplay note: ok, we'll have to stop here. Next decision we should make is to go north, south, or east from here (there's nothing to the west). The quests are pointing us south, but perhaps the Imp of the Perverse will make me go north! Let me know what to do!

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 3, 2012

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
You can't wear the gold pants? Kind of a shame, although it would be kind of a stupid move (in that your displaying to their old owner that you stole them).

Out of curiosity, would you say Syvishtar worships a god of magic, or magic itself as a force that no entity, god or man, can control?

:angel: Syvishtar, you must now head south. You have chances to do good and right wrongs down there, and your experiences there should help prepare you for the mage who is terrorizing Candlekeep.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 9, 2011

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

^Hotlinking from other sites is bad just so you know.

It's worth pointing out that the track you are referring to is actually called Helm's Temple on the BG1 soundtrack. :eng101:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Aren't we supposed to go left west in cases like this?

Edit: Woops, no west. Go east then.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I want that Ogre's belts. Fashion comes first!

I think that he's south so go in that direction.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

PotatoManJack posted:

I want that Ogre's belts. Fashion comes first!

I think that he's south so go in that direction.

Yeah, that sounds about right. If we don't at least go after the ogre we may never remember that little snippet later. South!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I hear there are gentle farmers' fields to the North: Nothing dangerous could possibly be there in such a bucolic pastoral setting.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Head back South and take the belts from this Fashionable Ogre. And the little bloodsucking Imp on your hip says "Wear the belts you get off of the Ogre!"

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Out of curiosity, would you say Syvishtar worships a god of magic, or magic itself as a force that no entity, god or man, can control?

Syvishtar isn't really into organized religion. He thinks spirituality should be, like, a personal connection between the god and his worshiper, you know? That said, he doesn't really have that close of a relationship to one god, because, like, they're all the same. They've sold out to getting the most amount of followers and don't stay true to their roots, man! So I guess that means he's more inclined to worship magic itself, but hasn't quite reached that point yet.

Cooked Auto posted:

It's worth pointing out that the track you are referring to is actually called Helm's Temple on the BG1 soundtrack. :eng101:

Actually that's not quite the one I'm referring to. That's the Helm's Temple track which is male voices, but the one that starts immediately in the video I linked to and ends around the 2 minute mark is female voices, which I couldn't find in the official soundtrack :(.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 9, 2011

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?
Go North - Gorion debated between safety in the woods or in the "teeming throng" of Baldur's Gate - the woods aren't safe, so surely the city is!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Actually that's not quite the one I'm referring to. That's the Helm's Temple track which is male voices, but the one that starts immediately in the video I linked to and ends around the 2 minute mark is female voices, which I couldn't find in the official soundtrack :(.

Ah point, even if I swear I've heard that track in Neverwinter Nights before. Could be wrong on that point of course.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

That video goes back and forth with tracks from different games. First there is the NWN track, then at 67 seconds where I linked starts the music that is in the Temple of Wisdom, which finishes around the 2 minute mark. After that the Helm's Temple track plays. But it doesn't play in-game in the Temple of Wisdom. Sorry about being unclear.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 9, 2011

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Slaan posted:

Head back South and take the belts from this Fashionable Ogre. And the little bloodsucking Imp on your hip says "Wear the belts you get off of the Ogre!"

This has my vote. Have Syvishtar wear one of the belts (you could flip a coin and pick one at random, or choose which one if you want to write the results in a particular way) and give the other one to Imoen. Either way it turns out, it should be amusing.

Also, Minsc is somewhere to the South of us, so south is the right direction to go.

Tax Refund fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 9, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

6 Mirtul, 1369

I wonder what to do next, and ponder for a moment. Scratching my hip, and touching my shoulder lightly, I decide that we should probably go south to get that belt back, even if it is backtracking. After all, the tiny lady had said the ogre was south of the Inn. It takes 8 hours.

On the way, Xzar finally seems to be able to put words to what he's feeling about the loss of Montaron.

*Brief pause follows. Xzar inclines his head as if listening to something.*

Why, thank you, Monty... You, too.

Is he really... Can necromancers really do that? I never really studied much about them in Candlekeep for some reason. But the sudden goosebumps on my arms prevent me from actually asking about such a ghastly thing, so instead I just mentally send my cat out to patrol the area. He seems to be Uninjured since we rested.

My cat romps off into the woods, and soon reports some guy standing around as if looking for something. So we go off in the general direction, thinking perhaps we can talk to the guy. But as we near his location, Jaheira spots some hostiles in the trees. A dog, and apparently his master.

He shoots a few arrows at us, and we at him, but in the end it is Haiass that gets them both. I never really realized how vicious Haiass was when I was staying in Candlekeep. Out here, though, he seems much more at home, much more comfortable at fighting than I am. The bandit has some basic equipment on him, but Jaheira suggests we scalp him as a bandit. She says bandit scalps are worth money to the right person. Khalid does it before I have a chance to agree or disagree.

After that short fight, we cautiously approach the guy my cat had seen earlier. He proves to be an interesting character.

Sure, give us some booze.

I hope you are enjoying your liquor, it is some of the best you can find. All of you are probably wondering why I'm being so generous, 'obviously not from the kindness of his heart' you think. Well in a way I am. You look like the type to be on the outlook for ways to improve the quality of your life. Well, I have a proposal that could help you in that endeavor. You see, there's a girl, my lover in fact, who desires to escape her father and live on her own. Her father is Entar Silvershield, one of the Dukes of Baldur's Gate. This, of course, makes her desire more difficult than that of the average city girl. However, with your assistance we could help her escape the tyrannical clutches of Entar. Here's the punch line: since Entar's going to be hunting us anyway we can blackmail him for hordes of cash and not worry about our captive escaping. After all, we're doing it all for the sake of Skie. Now we needn't go about this right away, in fact I'll help you with whatever you're doing until you decide to head to Baldur's Gate. Just think of it as one favor deserving another.

Sure, we could use the extra help and your scheme sounds like it could work.

I'm glad you're all savvy enough to recognize a good opportunity when it comes.

I dunno 'bout this guy. I mean his scheme isn't all that terribly bad or anything, but I get the feeling he's not tellin' us everything.

Shall we go?

Damsels in distress? A girl with an oppressive father keeping her down, who wants to go see the world but is trapped in an boring, loveless existence?! HELL YEAH I'm interested! I brush off Imoen's objections. This is going to be EPIC!

Gameplay note: Alright, we have a sixth party member finally! Lets take a look at him...

He's got pretty good stats all around. good STR, DEX, CON, and acceptable CHA. He's low on INT and WIS but not too low. He's a Musician (an eeeevil Musician!), which is a bard kit.

Pretty useful bard song, and the Deaf Tone and Charm Tone he has access to right now sound really good to have around. Pity about the aversion to bows, though. He comes wearing leather armor and wielding a dagger, nothing more. I'm not so sure he was in a fight at all, actually. We'll have to pick him up a sling somewhere, since he has 1 point in slings.

Shortly after us meeting up with Eldoth, we get attacked by a pack of wolves. We kill one and the other runs away. We are quite the intimidating crowd now! Eldoth is composing a theme song for the group. Emboldened, we set out to scout the other 3/4ths of the area.

We soon come across another bear. This time, we give it a wide berth.

Or we try to, but it wanders our way and decides to attack my cat at the absolute worst moment.

Arrows and Magic Missiles go flying. Khalid steps up to do battle with the bear, and gets severely messed up. Eldoth tries to do some cajoling, but gets nowhere. Jaheria rushes over to heal Khalid, and Haiass gets in the killing blow. After the battle I check out my cat, and it looks Near Death. I get chills thinking how close we had both come to oblivion. I instruct Jaheira to heal the cat as well. After that's taken care of, I notice something else.

I hope you're being careful with that, Imoen. I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt.

Quit worryin' already! I think I can understand some of it.

Though, this stuff IS kinda complicated...

Complicated? Nonsense, 'tis clear as a stream of the purest lymphatic fluid, but why concern yourself with such matters, when there are experts such as I to attend to them, dear child?

Well, 'cause I'm kinda interested in magic, I guess.

Guess?!? Then you must wait until you are certain. The Art requires severe and ceaseless self-discipline.

Yeah, sure!

I am pleased that my example has imparted that, at least. Now, where's Monty? Oh, well, I suppose you've pawed it thoroughly enough that you would have triggered any extant wards by now.

Wards?

Of course. All prudent mages trap their spellbooks against intrusion... and many imprudent mages do so as well. Such lovely sparkly colors. And the remains sometimes contain items worth the bother of picking them out of the goo.

*gulp* er... thanks? I think...

Hey! I think I've got this one down pat. Yep. Easy as pie. Hold on, Syvishtar, this'll be fun...

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Watch this!

Hex-o! Prest-o! Um... shabadoo? Ooops!

Her "oops" sends a jolt of fear through my body, and I rush over to Imoen to see if there's anything wrong. But all I find is this.

I tell her to very carefully hand the artifact to me, over Xzar's protestations. I will study this and see if its safe for the girl to use further. I remember my own first hesitant steps in the Art, and worry for her. I don't want her burning half her face off if I can help it.

We continue exploring, looking for the ogre. We find another pack of dogs, which we kill quickly.

On the road we find a sign pointing the way to Beregost to the south, and a messenger running in that direction.

I'm no politician, but it sounds like tensions are building. Shortly after that, we come across a ghastly, fly-filled scene of destruction.

We all look to each other and mouth the word bandits. We keep a wide berth because of the stench, but that same stench attracts more dogs.

They are not so much a problem as deeply disturbing. What is going on along this road that causes so many wild dogs to roam? What are they all eating? We run across another bandit and his dog. The same attack-kill-scalp scenario happens. Is taking bandit scalps normal? We patrol further, and find an unpleasant surprise.

There is no surrender for carrion like these.

Have ta kill ya now. Nothin' personal, ya understand?

We are attacked. Arrows slam into Xzar and Eldoth. Xzar's spell is interrupted, but Eldoth falls to the ground twitching. Jaheira and Imoen target the leader, while I try a spell, which fizzles. Khalid pops a healing potion and wades into the melee alongside my cat and wolf. We take out one of theirs as well, tit for tat.

I tell Xzar to move behind me, as I try again to reach for the weave. Everyone else is focusing on the leader, so I throw an Azragan's at her.

The weave blows up in my hand and I'm burned. Magic is sometimes a cruel mistress. I also retreat next to Xzar, hoping that the battle can go well without us. It doesn't.

Haiass rips the throat out of the bandit leader and she falls, but one of her cronies gets a lucky shot on Imoen, and she goes down as well. We all switch targets to the bastard that got her.

He gets another shot off at Jaheira, severely wounding her, before my cat claws his eyes out and he goes down. The one remaining bandit tries to shoot Haiass, but is not effective. My animals overcome him as well, and the battle is over. Xzar says, "I am become death, destroyer of worlds!" followed by some insane cackling. But I do not feel well. Not at all. In fact, I can't move.

Jaheira goes over to the bandits and scalps them herself, then picks up Khalid's body and equipment. She firmly instructs me to do the same with Imoen's. She tells me we are going back to the Temple of Wisdom right now. She tells me we are going to resurrect our friends. I woodenly do as she says. What horrors have been visited upon me since I left Candlekeep. What grief. I try not to think that I'm cradling the dead body of my childhood friend in my arms. I focus only on the Temple of Wisdom. She's not REALLY dead, just injured, I tell myself. She'll be fine.

She'll be fine.

Gamplay note: Ok guys, we have some possibly difficult decisions to make. With 3 dead party members, all at level 1, it's going to cost us 300 gold to raise them all. We currently have 95 gold, but I think with selling some equipment, especially what dropped from the bandits we fought, we can possibly raise 300 gold. Do we do that? Do we leave Eldoth at the bandit ambush? Khalid? Do we abandon Imoen's body to the ravages of wild dogs? Choices must be made.

About the fight, I guess I got a little cocky, and didn't try any super-special tactics. After all, we had been mowing down dog packs, wolf packs, and dog-and-bandit packs all day no problem. The AI for the bad guys was pretty sophisticated. They seemed to ignore the melee dudes and went after the magic guys first. They took out the bard immediately, and then targeted Xzar as a caster. When Xzar and I moved out of range they didn't come after us, instead they all focused on Khalid, the melee guy. After he went down, they went after the normal ranged attackers, Imoen and Jaheira. It almost feels like a multiplayer game here. I'm going to have to be a little more careful in the future.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 3, 2012

Whitecloak
Dec 12, 2004

ARISE
Save Khalid and Imoen.

The musician, however, can party in hell.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Vorgen posted:

Gamplay note: Ok guys, we have some possibly difficult decisions to make. With 3 dead party members, all at level 1, it's going to cost us 300 gold to raise them all. We currently have 95 gold, but I think with selling some equipment, especially what dropped from the bandits we fought, we can possibly raise 300 gold. Do we do that? Do we leave Eldoth at the bandit ambush? Khalid? Do we abandon Imoen's body to the ravages of wild dogs? Choices must be made.

Raise Imoen, no question about that. As if Syvishtar would let his childhood friend rot when he already has nearly enough money to raise her anyways.

Raise Khalid. It'll cost a bit more, but he was Gorion's friend, and Syvishtar would be loyal enough to want to raise him. Besides, we don't want to get murdered in our sleep by an irate druid/fighter for refusing to raise her husband.

Eldoth... Meh, we barely knew him. You can't get Skie without him, and she's a pretty nice thief. But on the other hand, by the time you get to Baldur's Gate you'll have the chance to get other thieves, at least one of whom has even better DEX than Skie does. (And who knows who else is around, added by one mod or another?) I don't think we can afford three resurrections, so let Eldoth rot.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Raise Imoen, and also raise Khalid if you can get the money for two raisings, otherwise just Imoen.

I doubt that Syvishtar can get the money necessary to raise the musician too without making too many sacrifices that would penalize him in the long run, so Eldoth stays where he is.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Raise Imoen. Khalid I have no particular beef with. Screw Eidolon, or whatever the hell his name was.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Raise Imoen and Khalid (if you have the money for Khalid)

Screw the Musician.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Raise Imoen, Raise Khalid!

Seriously, you can't leave Imoen there, and Jaheira will kill you if you let Khalid lie on the side of the road.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Eldoth's a twat. so leave 'im. That's what he gets for leaving his original start area! (Okay, he got moved by the modders, but he's still a twat)

Project Raise Imoen and Khalid is go.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Ha! I just realized who Jaheira and Khalid remind me of.

Hmm, funny, Khalid told me the same story, only he said it was *you* who was standing all by yourself.

Ahem! Actually, we were *both* standing by ourselves... but getting back to wood lore - did you know that grubs can be quite tasty?... No one can cook them like Jaheira!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Save Khalid and Imoen.

While the musician can play his music in the dance hall of Hell!

Do try to be a little bit more careful next time. It'll save your coin purse in the long run.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Save Everyone. Eventually.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Tax Refund posted:

Have you ever been with a warrior woman?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, it's amazing how easy it is to forget one of the ancient laws of Baldur's Gate:

Don't leave the road till level 3 or Nashkel.

Servetus fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 10, 2011

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Tax Refund posted:

Is it weird that I read those lines in their voices? :v:

I say to Raise Imoen, raise Khalid and ditch Eldoth.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Have you ever been with a warrior woman?

Holy poo poo, Bioware is Joss Whedon. :catstare:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fighting Trousers posted:

No they still haven't managed to pin down the Whedeonesque dialogue just yet even if they're kinda close. Even if they are about as equal in horrible characterization and such. :v

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Well, I'm pretty sure I know how this vote's gonna go, but....

Raise Imoen, Let Khalid and Eldoth Stay Dead.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
:angel: ... I think you should be a little more careful next time, Syvishtar. At any rate, both Imoen and Khalid haven't entirely crossed over yet, so you should be able to raise them. I could feel an aura of evil about the musician, though. Better to leave him dead. Also be wary of Xzar. He may end up turning on you at the worst possible moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Fighting Trousers posted:

I'm pretty sure that dialogue was introduced by a mod, so we probably shouldn't blame Bioware for that, at least. (Though there are still plenty of things we can and should blame them for.)

Raise everybody if you can, but I'm actually going to be the odd one out here and say that keeping Eldoth around would be more interesting than Khalid if you have to choose. Partly because I don't think anyone ever uses Eldoth, and partly because after Xzar's "dialogue" with Montaron a while ago, I'm curious to see if Jaheira has some interesting reaction to losing a paired character.

• Locked thread