Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Vorgen posted:

... I have been unable to find an adequate video editing solution for Ubuntu within the past 3 hours ...

What did you try? The video-editing projects I've tried in the past on Ubuntu have included Cinelerra, Kdenlive, and Pitivi, and none of them have felt particularly well-suited to my needs. However, I've recently started hearing about OpenShot (http://www.openshotvideo.com/), which looks quite promising from the little bit of playing around I've done with it so far. (Though admittedly I haven't used it for any "real" projects yet, just playing around with the interface). See if "sudo apt-get install openshot" helps you any.

... And if this turns into a lengthy discussion, we should probably take it to the Tech Support Fort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

:ghost: The Weave has spoken, Syvishtar. It did not want you to fall to Edwin's side, and when probed to attack the noble Minsc, it instead disciplined you in the worst possible way.

Also goddamn, Minsc. That is one seriously destructive sword.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 12, 2011

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Olive Branch posted:

Also goddamn, Minsc. That is one seriously destructive sword.

It's not a made up modder's wet dream weapon, either. However, if you're playing the series vanilla, you don't get it until BGII. Halfway through the main questline.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Well that didn't go well.

I instinctively rage-clicked in a pointless attempt to skip the death video. :argh:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Tax Refund posted:

What did you try? The video-editing projects I've tried in the past on Ubuntu have included Cinelerra, Kdenlive, and Pitivi, and none of them have felt particularly well-suited to my needs. However, I've recently started hearing about OpenShot (http://www.openshotvideo.com/), which looks quite promising from the little bit of playing around I've done with it so far. (Though admittedly I haven't used it for any "real" projects yet, just playing around with the interface). See if "sudo apt-get install openshot" helps you any.

... And if this turns into a lengthy discussion, we should probably take it to the Tech Support Fort.

I used RecordMyDesktop to make the actual video at first, and so I ended up with an .ogv file. Then I tried Avidemux, but that doesn't open .ogv files. So I tried OpenShot, but it seemed to have problems with playing and re-playing sections of a file, which is murder on my eyes if I want to select certain frames of a video and delete them. So then I tried PiTiVi, which seemed to work ok, and I was able to select all the points of the video where there were pauses, one by one, and cut them all up. But then when I tried to delete the paused sections and merge the remaining sections, the program started to freeze up repeatedly. After it restarting and freezing about five times, I gave up and uploaded the unedited file to youtube. I'm trying out another program LiVES now which might be exactly what I need, because it shows me two windows, which are starting and ending frames, and easily lets me delete everything in between with no fancy options. We'll see how that works out.

edit: turns out the end result wasn't as awesome as I imagined it to be. I realized that a lot of character speaking, spell sounds, and other stuff goes on while you are still paused, and most importantly the music still plays. So the edited file was a herky-jerky mess in the audio department. I thought of taking out the audio and re-inserting the fight music on a loop and maybe re-inserting the sound effects of the various spells and stuff manually, but then I realized that I was going down the road of Let's Play burnout. There's a reason why this is a screenshot Let's Play, after all. So, while my idea of recording major fights as video like I just did still stands, I'm not going to be editing the video beyond maybe cutting out the first and last bits.

If anybody else wants to edit this video or others, though, I'd be happy to send you the original .ogv.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 12, 2011

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
The best I could think of would be muting the music while recording (and making sure you don't move your screen around while paused), inserting the track when cutting and... working around the cut off sound effects should be manageable. I won't have fast enough internet to share anything for another week but I'll give it a shot.

Also loving this LP.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

14 Flamerule, 1369

Time seems to slow down, and my perspective changes on the world around me. I feel like I am pulling back, seeing more, but I am not moving. My eyes open wide and a vision passes before them. A vision of Minsc, fury and rage, killing us all in defense of his witch. Then another, disgusting, of Edwin beating Dynaheir to death with his staff. A third, more palatable, of Minsc defending his witch in the duel, striking Edwin down in one blow.

Gameplay note: Much later, I was able to make this edited video of Minsc cutting down the entire party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BHRUX3zKM8

Then finally, I turn my gaze inward, to know the desires of my inner voices. "I never liked Edwin anyway" I hear, along with "Let the magic decide." "Flinds are apparently slightly smarter and stronger cousins of the gnolls," an oblivious intellectual voice extolls. There is an entire chorus chanting "Pit fight, pit fight, pit fight!" but still can be heard another saying, "This is Syvishtar's show." "Let it fester" and "You must learn how to lead your allies" speak with equal urgency. A maniacal voice shrieks, "They're fighting for the right to be your servants!" while its evil cousin mutters, "The weak should be culled." A still, small voice says, "for the most Jovial of all Jugglers!"

I feel a rush, and I my focus is turned away from my inner eye. My visions are full of death and dying, my self a gibbering madness. But hasn't there been enough death and dying? Haven't enough of those around me ended their lives too early? I cannot abide the end of more.

Enough bickering. I can use both your talents. Leave your private battles for another time.

If he wishes to travel with you, perhaps I should travel with you as well.

Idiot! You do not know what you are asking! (There are too many of these monkeys to attack now. Prudence.)

I will accompany you, Syvishtar. I would not trust your life to a Red Wizard without allies.

If you will not kill the witch immediately, then so be it. I shall remain with you, to stop her evil lies from poisoning you. (There will be opportunities for her disposal. The fool will be easily manipulated.)

And just to be clear, I am leading this party. Your differences will remain secondary to our goals.

They both seem to accept that, but not two seconds later Edwin pulls me aside.

Indeed, you have blotched your ask, so I can report you to your Zulkir as a traitor. Now, I suggest that you do what I say.

My amateur comedian companion, your words would mean less to my Zulkir than the rattle of a pebble caught in the sole of his boot. I suggest that you do not try to play this game with me, Syvishtar. It would be too boring to win over you.

Dynaheir also pulls me aside, but not to scheme or threaten.

I'm afraid we haven't seen anything like that.

Last, Kagain lets me know that he doesn't mind being out.

Gameplay note: Ok, we have rescued Dynaheir. Minsc is happy and Edwin is not. I for one am totally ok with this situation. Bioware foreshadowed this whole thing between Edwin and Dynaheir with that wizard in the tent in the Nashkel Carnival, so it doesn't seem so weird when you encounter it the second time. Is it effective? The only other time I've ever encountered Rashemen-related stuff was in Mask of the Betrayer. Anyway, lets take a look at her:

She's a level 2 sorceress, so she can cast 4 level one spells per day, and it doesn't matter how many of each. She can cast 4 Burning Hands, or 2 Shocking Grasps and 2 Burning Hands, etc. Since she is a wychlaran of Rashemen, I will keep choosing elemental spells for her on level-up. Anything to do with fire, ice, lightning, stone, or water will be top priority for her. Fireball, Agannazar's Scorcher, Ball Lightning, Thunderclap, Cone of Cold, that will be her style. We know Burning Hands already, at least in theory, but Shocking Grasp is new.

Decent damage with the possibility of a stun, but you have to touch the target. Risky business for a mage. She'll have to sneak up on bosses after they've engaged Minsc and hit them from behind. Maybe she should get Invisibility for that.

She also has a special Innate ability, Slow Poison. Good to keep in mind as we travel to the Cloakwood.

We decide that since we have annihilated every gnoll within walking distance of this fortress, we will camp here overnight. So we hunker down and get ready for rest.

What art thou about, Minsc?

Nothing. Just telling Boo a goodnight story.

Minsc, thou worry me increasingly.

Why? Is there something wrong with Minsc?

Thou speakest to thy hamster almost incessantly. 'Tis not quite... mmm... normal.

Well, neither is spewing fire from your fingertips, and Dynaheir does it every day. Minsc can't do it.

I am a sorceress, and mine purpose is to exercise the arts magical.

And Minsc is a ranger, and he's trained to speak with creatures of the wild. If you can't hear Boo, this doesn't mean he's not talking, right?

Indeed, but it appears that thou givest him much authority in thine life.

Yes, because Boo is my friend! I listen to your advice too.

Indeed, thou dost. *sighs* Mayhaps this matter should be laid to rest until such time that we return to Rashemen.

Many Othlor are great healers, and surely it is in their power to help. On mine own, I have no means to improve thine condition.

Then we sleep. The next day, we realize that there is still a little bit of the fortress that we didn't explore, so I send Imoen out on a scouting mission. She finds something horrifying.

Another contingent of gnolls have been waiting up above us this entire time. Perhaps they thought we were sieging them? Maybe that's why they didn't slaughter us in our sleep! I want to see how Minsc and Dynaheir perform together, so I send them both up.

Dogs meet them on the stairs. Minsc doesn't seem to enjoy fighting them.

After they are gone, Dynaheir steps up and at the top of the stairs lets loose some Burning Hands on the gnolls.

Then she sidesteps and tries to let Minsc get in front of her. One of the gnolls hits her before she can get away, though, and Viconia rushes to heal her.

Despite his good position on the stairs, Minsc still takes some hits and needs Viconia's backup during the fight.

Dynaheir manages to squeeze into an opportune spot and lets loose more fire from her fingertips.

Minsc manages to destroy the rest of them quickly, and the battle is won. It makes Dynaheir thoughtful.

I still walk my native land, Dynaheir. Rashemen is far farther from here than Candlekeep. Say, where is it, by the way?

Rashemen layeth east of here, almost a season's travel, by sea and by land. Betwixt Thay and Ashanath it is. My land is severe and intense, very unlike this mild region. But I bore thee with my mumbling. Let us walk again.

Then we all stride up the steps, and around the final parapet, and then gaze out over this fortress we have just conquered!

With nothing left to do, we walk back across the bridge and leave this cursed place behind us forever. I'm taking these people back with me to Beregost, and the most Jovial of all Jugglers! But first, there is something I want to see. Minsc mentioned the Dryad Falls as being near us on our way over here. I've always wanted to see a dryad. And after all the death and killing I've been through, I deserve a little vacation. To the Dryad Falls we go!

No sooner have we arrived, then...

Boo says it looks like Dynaheir's handwriting! My witch will make sense of it in no time!

Witch? Well, my enthusiastic friend, you are welcome to keep the parchment.

If you have a learned scholar, perhaps they could take a look at this. It might be important and shed light on some intrigue.

Dynaheir! Look! We have found writing!

*squeak*

Minsc, where did'st thou find this parchment, torn from mine journal?

With this dark looking elf! Boo says he is a great warrior...

Ah, I see that you are a Hathran scholar. Perhaps you can help me.

I have the solution to thy puzzle, good elf. This page was torn from mine journal. I was a captive of gnolls for a time, and they have stolen it from me. Hast thou found but one page?

Just one, m'lady. But the presence of one page is the indication that the whole journal might be nearby or carried off by someone of their number who escaped.

Syvishtar, 'tis quite important to recover the journal.

Of course, let us give the thieves a chase!

Syvishtar, I will gladly help, as you have helped me earlier. I was going to patrol hereabouts, regardless. We can search the area quickly enough, if we split forces. What say you?

Sounds like a good plan! Let's do it!

Well met! Let us convene here after a day of searching.

We prepare for our search by Viconia casting a few heals on Minsc and herself to make things less painful. Just as we finish that, a pack of gnolls jumps out of the trees at us!

Stay thy hand, Syvishtar. I do not see malice in these creature's eyes.

Gnolls! Minsc hates gnolls! Right, Boo? They took Dynaheir!

Stand easy, Minsc. Syvishtar, if thou art willing, allow me to trade a few words with the gnolls.

The Old One... Aren't Rashemi male wizards called the Old Ones?

Indeed, Syvishtar, a Rashemi wizard is called Vremyonni - the Old One, but I know not why a countryman of mine would'st orchestrate mine demise. 'Tis either a renegade, or the name is but a coincidence.

I guess. Well, what does the Old guy want? Does he want to talk to you, or kill you?

The witch's book shows us that the killing is wrong!

Curious. Tell me, my good gnoll, how hath it come to pass that thou and thy companions acquired that conviction?

The Old One ordered to find the witch. Hound said - we sooner find her by scent, and all we had was the witch's book. So Hound ordered me to rip it apart and divide between others... I did. Then me and my pack saw the light. Instead of hunting the witch we came to warn her.

'Tis as I have suspected. A priest of Mystra blessed my journal, Syvishtar, and placed a ward on it that any creature of evil disposition would'st turn around for a time in its nature should'st it try to open it without mine permission. Breaking the journal must have made the enchantment more potent as the foursome was affected, and it still did not wear off.

Well, Dynaheir, it is your call. How should we deal with this?

I thank thee for the warning, good gnoll. Go in peace.

Hold on for a second with the hugging and tears of gratitude, Dynaheir. You are going to let these creatures walk away, when they enslaved you, and were going to eat you?

Verily. To do otherwise would be wrong.

Dynaheir must be good at reading faces or something, because she clearly sees my consternation at her actions. She decides to try to make things more clear.

Did you not call yourself a Wychlaran?

Indeed, Wychlaran is commonly used. A more polite form is Hathran, but either is appropriate. Simply, Hathran are all women with a gift for the Arts. The Unproven are women that were not trained in the arts. The Ethran are the trained, the Hathran are senior amongst us, and the Othlor are the wisest and most honored.

And the most senior of you is called Amyrlin Seat. Right?

Thou must be confusing some foreign custom for Rashemi. No single Hathran is in charge of all the others.

I studied a lot of cultures, past, present, and future, at Candlekeep. Sometimes its hard to keep them all straight. I ponder what she said and how it related to her actions as we begin our search of the area. How are we supposed to find a journal in all this forest anyway? Ooh, pretty waterfall!

It looks like I can reach behind the waterfall and find something. I do, and grasp a dead cat.

Of course, I put it next to the live cat in my backpack, and we keep going. A little later, we attacked by a Dire Wolf.

It goes down quickly. Imoen seems to have learned something important from that fight.

Gameplay note: All her saving throws went down by 1. She also got another copy of all her innate spells. I'm thinking I'll get Pick Locks, Find Traps, Hide in Shadows, and Sneak to 100 before dual-classing her.

The dire wolf seemed to be in front of, or guarding, a cave.

Cautiously, we enter and find another one!

We kill it and deeper into the cave, find a box.

In it is 238 gold, a Tiger Cowrie Shell Necklace, and some Chain Mail +1!

The magical chain mail seems to protect Viconia just as well as her splint mail, while being 5 pounds lighter. We give it to her. We get back out of the cave and keep searching, even though it is now night. While we do not find a journal yet, we do find the dryad of Dryad Falls!

Do not let yourself become bewitched by this one, Syvishtar. Begone spirit! We have no time for you!

Oh, please, I am in peril and need the help of brave adventurers like yourselves!

drat is she hot!

Only the basest of villains would take advantage of a gentle forest spirit! Lead on, and I will deal with them!

I thank you, for although they seem dim of wit, they still could do much damage. This way.

There, they are just ahead. I implore you, do what you must to make them leave.

I walk up to them to see what I can do, naturally.

You don't really want to do this do you? Just think of how beautiful this tree is. It's truly a wonder of nature.

... Well if yer not gonna help, I'm not gonna let you sit and watch us do it! Yous were probably gonna rob us when we're done, weren't cha? Me an Krumm don't cotton to bandits one bit! Do we Krumm?

What?

Caldo is dead before the fight even starts. But something is strange about Krumm. He seems... sick.

It doesn't stop Minsc from slicing him in half though.

Good old Minsc. We let the dryad know that her tree is safe again.

Gameplay note: She gives us an antidote, 227 xp, and increases our reputation by 1! We are finally, FINALLY average rep!

Then we loot the bodies. Krumm was quite the tricked-out retard. He had Elander's Gloves of Might on him, and also the Tsu-O-Shi, a Katana +2.

Unfortunately Elander's Gloves of Might are wasted on this party, since we don't even have one fighter.

When Imoen looks at the katana with Finch's glasses, she screams and throws it away from her. She refuses to get anywhere near it and tries to make me promise to destroy it in a volcano's fire, of all things. I compromise by telling her that we'll sell it as soon as we find a good merchant, but she just doesn't seem comforted. Women.

Since it is getting late, we decide to rest for the night near the dryad's tree. By that I mean *I* decide we rest for the night. and *I* sleep by the dryad's tree. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Thou must surely be joking! I would never relate a tale to a hamster.

Please? Pretty please? You could tell Boo about that time you went for a swim in the Lake of Dragons, and Orovar stole your clothes and then...

Minsc! Thou would not dare to... ahem... I mean 'tis not a proper story for such a young hamster. I would tell him "The story of the Princess Swan and her Candy Castle."

Peanut Castle. I think that would interest Boo more.

Indeed. So, once upon a time the beautiful Princess Sunflower Seed went to a dance to the Sunflower Dale in the Peanut Forest-

Minsc, what was that about Orovar? The Lake of Dragons... it's somewhere in the Dalelands, is not it?

Sorry, Boo. Imoen wants to hear about Orovar. Heh, we took the same ship to Westgate with Orovar, and he really liked Dynaheir-

Minsc! Imoen, I would appreciate if thou would not pester our friend with this.

Teach me "Burning Hands"?

'Tis not a joking affair. Thou couldst start a forest fire if thou art not careful.

So Minsc, what did Orovar do?

On the other hand, thou art quite cautious for a rogue. 'Tis not Hathran's custom to turn away one who is willing to learn. Mayhaps I can be persuaded to teach thee.

Promise?

*sighs* Promise.

That Orovar, he had a cabin by the Lake of Dragons, and he invited us to stay for a week... And Dynaheir, she was so sea sick that she was unable to travel-

Minsc, I think that Boo'd rather hear the story about the Princess Sunflower Seed and the Peanut Castle.

*Squeak*

I wake the next morning the same man I was when I slept. No luck! Dynaheir seems happy enough to be free again, though.

I appreciate Minsc's company myself. And yours. Truly, I consider both of you my friends now, even if I have not known you for long.

That is my feeling towards thee as well. On the road friendships are quickly forged and cemented firmly by the challenges comrades face together.

We begin to look for more pieces of Dynaheir's journal. An encounter with a cave bear reminds me that I forgot to cast Armor this morning. Also, Dynaheir demonstrates the true danger of Burning Hands.

Sometimes I think it would be safer if we just sent Minsc on ahead and waited an hour, then followed the trail of bodies all day long. We circle around the lake completely and find a somewhat hidden passage underneath the water.

And there, a little girl.

And scenes like this, Syvishtar, are why I think surfacers weak.

I realize that the dead cat I've been carrying around in my backpack belongs to this girl. I find it exceedingly awkward to think of just pulling it out right then and there, so I tell her I'll look for it and wander off. Then I come back a few minutes later and give her the bad news.

The poor thing gave us 23 gold. I don't know how to give it back. I don't know if I should. I remember my own cat dying not too long ago and can't contain my feelings. I begin to cry along with the little girl. Viconia gives me look of disdain, which makes me laugh as well. I squeeze out few kind of anguished laughing sobs under the waterfall, just me and Drienne, catless victims in a cruel world.

I come back to myself when a touch on my shoulder reminds me that Imoen is here. She's all I have, really. She's the only one that understands me, and she's always there for me. I'd break without here here. Without Imoen, I'd probably burn the world to ash and laugh in the smoke.

When we get to the bottom of the path, we are attacked again, by 5 wargs. Dynaheir is quick with the hands, burning them in their pack.

But they simply can't stand up to Minsc.

We move on. We find dire wolves. We kill them.

We eventually find a bona fide gnoll war party. I feel disappointed - I had hoped we destroyed the gnoll problem completely with their fortress.

Edwin goes out in front of everyone to cast Color Spray. It seems to work pretty well.

Minsc, Haiass, and I make short work of the rest of them.

I create a double-wave of Rhialto's Random Missiles during the fight. I think Rhialto would be pleased with me.

When they all die, we check their bodies, but not one of them is carrying any parts of Dynaheir's journal. Unfortunate. We have no choice but to keep looking. We stumble across another pack of gnolls, to the east. Throwing caution to the wind, we melee with them immediately.

Minsc seems to be in a bit of trouble, so I throw a Horror from Rhialto's spellbook. Praise him!

The gnolls practically melt before us. They stand no chance. And neither do the next group we find.

I pull out my Ring of Energy on these and walk back and forth, making sure to sweep as many as I can into the beam.

But when it is over, it leaves me alone with 4 badly wounded and pissed off gnolls.

A Blade Shower takes out two of them.

I Drain all the remaining Life from a third. But the fourth kills my wolf.

Everyone arrives in time to help me, but not Haiass. Viconia gets the killing blow.

But we are tired, injured, my wolf is dead, and we are out of spells. We must rest. I lead the group to what I think is a safe place, and we camp for the night. When we wake up, we get the morning breakfast ready, and then Dynaheir drops dead.

Dynaheir! Nooooo! You will be avenged!

Checkmate! At last the witch dies!

No explanation, no evidence, no reason for this. We all stare at her body in shock. I can see the other members of the party getting nervous, and refusing to look somewhere, so I do. I look at Edwin, with his self-satisfied smile. I know it is his fault, even if I can't prove it. That smug bastard killed her, and cost me 200 gold to rez her!

I know he's close to a breakthrough in magic. I know he's almost my equal again. But just to spite him, I call off the search for Dynaheir's journal and announce that we're going straight to the Song of the Morning Temple. Let him stew on experience not gained.

When we get to the temple, I also have Viconia resurrect Haiass. It really takes a lot out of her. She seems visibly weakened.

Perhaps the weakness extends to her willpower, because she admits respecting someone after Dynaheir is raised.

Thou art fluent in compliments. Some might say effluent.

I do not understand your need to spurn me. I only wished to express my admiration for your... strength, your pride. You give me hope yet for these rivven.

I thank thee for thy kind words. Yet I know 'twould be unwise to not search for the barb that doth likely lie therein.

I do not blame you for your mistrust. Such things are innately foolish, and the color of my skin does create certain expectations.

Lend me no justification for them, and all the more of my trust shall be thine.

We rest at the temple, and regain our spells. I can't seem to leave well enough alone, because even though I was going to spite Edwin and not give him any more life experience, I can't give up the hunt for the journal. We return to the wilderness to search for Drizzt. We find him near the Xvart Village.

A vicious group of gnolls had it. I do not know if it makes more sense to you than to me, but they were claiming fealty to someone they called 'The Old One.'

Here is the journal.

Syvishtar, can I have a word in private with you?

I am talking to Drizzt Do'Urden, Edwin! Drizzt Do'Urden! Not you.

Drizzt Do'Urden can talk? (Likely, he has found a potion of genius. That is the only way I see him becoming capable of putting words into coherent sentences. AND without Cattie-Brie's help. Remarkable.) Well, go talk to Drizzt then.

I am most grateful to thee, Drizzt Do'Urden. Allow me to offer thee this scroll as a token of mine gratitude.

I was glad to assist. Fare thee well!

I peek over Dynaheir's shoulder.

I suddenly get a bout of homesickness, and the closest thing to home I've got is the Jovial Juggler. I abruptly announce that we're going back to Beregost. Nobody objects.

It takes approximately a day to get there. When we arrive...

*Giggles* I would not wanna name names, but y'all know that it was Edwin... If I were a Red Wizard I wouldn't peek into it!

Here it is, witch. I... I have inspected it as my duty to Thay dictated. (I would be damned if I let the witch know that I could not read it. It's gibberish anyway.)

And with that, we all walk into the Jovial Juggler, home again at last! I think I'll stay here for a few days at least, perhaps a week. There's so much to do!

Gameplay note: Ok voices, we have yet again reached a major milestone in the game. We have gone to Nashkel, its Carnival, and above the mines. We have trekked west for weeks on end, surviving the harsh wilderness and obliterating the Gnoll Fortress in our single-minded quest to get to Dynaheir. We have rescued the sorceress, and brought her, Edwin, and Minsc back to civilization in one piece. Time for some R&R.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 30, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

The next step in our Destiny is a significant one, and our first extended dungeon crawl. We will finally take care of the demons in the mines of Nashkel. For this we need a crack team of commandos, adventurers brave and true, to delve into the darkest depths of abandoned deeps that no man has seen for at LEAST five months, if not longer. We will have to deal with coordinated squads of kobolds, survive several more assassination attempts, and fight more undead. Who can we possibly choose to take with us?

Each thread poster has 5 votes, which they can use to either vote FOR or AGAINST any character to be a party member. You can use all 5 votes for one character, or spread them out. You can vote both positively and negatively. If you vote too many times, only the first 5 votes are counted. If there is a tie, the character with the least amount of negative votes wins. If there's a tie in both positive and negative votes, I'll flip a coin. After voting is closed, the top 5 characters will join the party until they die. When they die, they will be retired to the Jovial Juggler, and the next-most-popular character will be added to the party. Repeat until we have accomplished our objectives and come back for another vote.

Here is the list of party members we can use. Please do not worry too much about level or xp during party selection. Do not shun a character because you think they are too weak. I enjoy a challenge and I will make any party work. Really. Test me if you don't believe.

Possible Party Members

Branwen: A human Battleguard of Tempus. Has died for me 1 time so far. She was a statue in the middle of the Nashkel Carnival. We bought a Stone to Flesh scroll from a nearby gnome and turned her back to normal. She was grateful and agreed to join our battle party, and she didn't care what we were fighting. I think I like her already! She has told Viconia she thinks drow battle tactics are cowardly. She also recently asked me if I ever doubted myself. She seemed both shocked and relieved when I said I doubted myself all the time. When we got to Bear River an Ogre Berseker killed her in the middle of combat, and we let her rest in favor of using Kagain.

Bub Snikt: A human berserker. Met him in the woods of the Northern Coast Way. Told us to keep low and quiet, that he could smell ogres on the breeze. We offered to let him join the party, and he said okay. Sounds southern, as in southern hemisphere. Doesn't talk much. After clearing the road between Beregost and Nashkel of bandits, we let him have some time at the Jovial Juggler and took Rose back under our wing.

Dynaheir: A human sorceress. She had been captured by gnolls and was being held at the Gnoll Stronghold being forced to do god-knows-what in their fighting pits. Minsc recruited our party of myself, Imoen, Shar-Teel, Viconia, and Gavin, to aid him in rescuing her. In the same village we met Edwin, who hired us to aid him in killing her. We took him on but didn't promise anything. When we finally rescued her, 22 days later, we told her and Edwin to keep their personal disagreements to themselves, and considered the matter closed. She asked us if we had seen her journal, which we had not. We stopped by the Dryad Falls on our way back to Beregost, and met up again with Drizzt, who asked us about a parchment he had found on some gnolls. It turned out to be one page of Dynaheir's journal. We agreed to split up and search the area for one day, then meet back up and see what we had found. Soon after Drizzt left, we were found by some gnolls that looked peaceful. They gave us a warning that the Old One had ordered many gnolls to find Dynaheir, and each had a piece of her journal with them. We accepted their warning, searched for the journal, but we needn't have bothered. Drizzt found it, and us, several days later. During that time Dynaheir mysteriously died for no discernible reason, except that we all know it was Edwin.

Edwin: A human conjurer. By virtue of an heirloom amulet he is the most powerful mage in existence, able to cast 2 extra spells per level. We met him on the bridge over the river in Nashkel where he said he wanted to kill the witch Dynaheir. We told him he could travel with us but we would not promise anything about killing. Minsc said he would keep an eye on him. He has been trying to position himself as the superior mage in the party, and I've been shutting him down in turn. When we finally found Dynaheir, he became quite upset that I didn't kill her. He must have poisoned her or something himself because she dropped dead a few days later and I had to resurrect her. He also tried to steal her journal when she got it back, but she had warded it and he sheepishly gave it back to her. The man is getting on my ever-loving nerves.

Finch: A gnome Priest of Deneir. Has died for me 4 times so far. An extremely happy miniature librarian stereotype. Confirmed that unfortunately she does not come with a stand mount. Met briefly in Candlekeep gardens. Actually said "anyhoo" in conversation. Met her again at the Red Sheaf Inn in Beregost where she helped us kill Karlat, a dwarf mercenary trying to collect on the bounty on my head. Joined up with us after the fight. Apparently she and Imoen have some history from Candlekeep. She punched Imoen in the head after Imoen glued a book together that she was reading. At level 1 she was also the juggernaut of destruction against Bassilus in the Red Canyons, destroying his undead with dialogue and Dooming him to succumb to the party's assault. She tried her hand out at co-tanking with Shar-Teel and then Ajantis, resulting in several deaths for her. It turns out that she recognizes Ajantis from Waterdeep, where they both grew up, although in very different circles. She was the ninth of seventeen gnomish children in a house much too small. She and Ajantis had a nice conversation about home nevertheless. She served us faithfully until she died against Rhialto while wielding the Flame of the North. We gave her some R&R at the Jovial Juggler and picked up Jaheira in her place.

Gavin: A human Morninglord of Lathander. We met him outside of the Song of the Morning Temple in Beregost. Very devout, and good in a fight. Older guy, and likes to talk. Very scared of giant spiders. Hinted that he was trying to raise money for someone by adventuring, but didn't go into details. Stood guard in front of the Song of the Morning Temple waiting for us to pick him up again. After Ajantis was one-shot killed by a Kobold Captain in the Trade Way South which led to him deserting the party, we decided to pick up Gavin again and travel with him for a while longer. He wasted no time in asking me about my childhood and my hobbies, and seemed very earnestly thankful that I told him about that stuff. Weird. Since then, we've been talking about such subjects as the ultimate consequences of our actions and the possibilities of world peace. He seems like quite a thoughtful guy, if a little chatty. He eventually confessed to his secret sin, which is to being married to a complete bitch who tricked him into raising a daughter not his own and cheats on him with any rich guy whenever he's away. He seemed to think we would want him out of the party after his confession, but we said that as long as it didn't interfere with party business it doesn't matter. He seemed incredibly relieved. He has a good relationship with Keldath Ormlyr who gave us a quest to stop a mad wizard who was trying to tame basilisks to the east of the Song of the Morning Temple. We agreed to take care of it right away. We killed Mutamin and got 1000 gold from Keldath. When we un-stoned Branwen at the Nashkel Carnival we decided to give Gavin some time to see his family and let him go back to Beregost.

Imoen: A human Charming Rogue. Has died for me 1 time so far. My childhood friend, partner in crime, and a general troublemaker. She reads letters that she's not supposed to. She also followed me out of Candlekeep and pledged to keep me company until I got tired of her. Nice girl, her. When we killed Tarnesh, she picked up his spellbook and has been studying it. She created a strange book-like artifact using it that makes her more dexterous once a day. If she keeps studying that spellbook she might eventually dual-class to mage. Meanwhile she is becoming a pretty good thief, ripping off the entire city of Beregost and leaving them weaponless, potionless, and penniless. Xzar seems to enjoy freaking her out. In a conversation with Gavin, I told him that one of my hobbies was getting drunk in the taverns with Imoen. She's a great drinking buddy. When we got to Nashkel and killed the assassin waiting for us at the Nashkel Inn, I let it slip that I had been attacked by assassins within Candlekeep. She was shocked, and wanted to know why I hadn't told her. I said that I wanted to spare her the worry. She used Minsc to semi-blackmail Dynaheir into teaching her how to cast Burning Hands, and yet we still all love her.

Jaheira: A half-elf fighter/Priest of Sylvanus. Has died for me 1 time so far. A very pushy woman. She says that she and Khalid often "look into" local concerns, and she wants us to all look into what's going down in Nashkel. Lets Khalid follow her around like a lost puppy. She disapproved of us working for Silke, and reprimanded me for doing that. After some time together we decided to trade her and Khalid for Finch and Shar-Teel. She took Khalid and left for the Friendly Arm Inn without so much as a goodbye. After Finch died for the 4th time, we approached Jaheira again to join our party, which she did without being accompanied by Khalid. She immediately tried to call out Gavin for not pulling his weight in the group and not telling the party about his wife and child, even though he already had told us while she was not around. She came out of the talk looking like a complete nosy bitch. She later died to a surprise Astral Phase Spider hiding out in a cave near the Song of the Morning Temple, cut down in one round. We resurrected her, dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler, and picked up Shar-Teel instead.

Kagain: A dwarf Gladiator. Has died for me 1 time so far. Was working as a mercenary in Beregost when we walked into his office. He wanted us to look for a lost caravan, but we had already found the remains of it, and showed him Silvershield's fibula. He quickly realized he was in a heap of trouble and offered to join up with us. Wonder if he will bring that trouble with him. Spent a whole lot of time in the Jovial Juggler, but when Branwen was killed at Bear River we picked him up to replace her. Boo doesn't seem to like him, though. When we assaulted the Gnoll Stronghold, Kagain did well in combat, but eventually fell to some Dire Wolves while Held near the center of the fortress. But we were so close to completely destroying the gnolls we resurrected him and brought him back into the fight. He only left our party after we rescued Dynaheir, and is waiting for us to pick him up again.

Khalid: A half-elf Duskblade. Has died for me 1 time so far. A nerdy fighter who has read up on ancient elven spellcasting techniques, and Jaheira's companion. Stutters. Gets scared a lot. Apparently a long-time friend of Gorion and interested in what's going on down in Nashkel. But mostly he's interested in everything that Jaheira is, because its just like that. Followed Jaheira to the Friendly Arm Inn when we replaced them with Finch and Shar-Teel. He would be willing to rejoin us without Jaheira, though, if we asked.

Kivan: An elf Archer. We met outside of High Hedge. Said he had been hunting bandits for the past several months and that he would be happy to join with us if we were doing the same. When pressed, said that the bandit leader Tazok had killed someone dear to him. We took him in. He keeps going on and on about his loneliness and grief at losing his wife, Deheriana, and dragging down the group. We've started to tell him to shut up. He and Shar-Teel don't get along at all. When we killed Bassilus he considered the cleric to be like himself, caught up with the spirits of the dead. Hinted that he will commit suicide after killing Tazok. We decided to give him a break at the Jovial Juggler after killing Bassilus, picking up Xzar instead.

Minsc: A human ranger. We met him near the Nashkel barracks. Carries around a miniature giant space hamster, Boo. Said that he needed to go save a woman Dynaheir from gnolls. We agreed to help, sending Rose back to the Burning Wizard Inn. Grabbed and intimidated a pickpocket into giving us our money back after he tried to pull a fast one on us. Is extremely suspicious of Edwin, watching him closely. Held the line against an unknown number of xvarts, probably over 50, with the Flame of the North. He was flanked by Haiass and my cat familiar. They died, he lived. Has been the lynchpin in our party ever since then, single-handedly destroying more gnolls than the rest of the party combined. He is overjoyed to have Dynaheir back, happy enough that he has begun telling bedtime stories to Boo.

Rose: A half-elf White Dragon Disciple. We first saw her being accosted in the Burning Wizard Inn, but the man said she took his money. Silke had taught us the danger of a pretty face not five minutes before, so we didn't immediately side with the chick. We tried to mediate the situation, offering the man 10 gold to drop it. He did, cursing us all. After he left Rose gave us 23 gold, which was what she considered to be our cut. Clever girl. Originally from Athkatla. Wanted to become an actress in the plays in the bridge district there, but her parents never let her. That's one of the reasons why she ran away. Likes singing, and clouds, and enjoying life. Dislikes wearing armor, as it chafes her. We dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler after killing Bassilus, wanting to give Tiax a chance in the party. After clearing out the road between Beregost and Nashkel, we picked her back up as the 5th member. She was present at the slaying of Rhialto, singing all the way through and not getting hit once. She was also helpful during the slaying of the mad mage Mutamin and his basilisk and medusa armies. However, when we met Minsc, we decided to take him on and let Rose go back to the Burning Wizard.

Shar-Teel: A human Sellsword. Has died for me 3 times so far. Met us on the road to Nashkel. Challenged our best warrior to a duel. Khalid stepped up to the plate and gave her a nice, solid cut. She capitulated and joined our party. We gave her a compliment once, and she started assuming we were together. That apparently translates as her berating us for staring at her too long, and telling us about her crooked, chauvinist pig of a father Angelo. Later, she told us of her role model and mentor, the powerful and cruel mercenary Ysena, who trained her to be what she is today. During that conversation she let it slip that she worked in the slave trade. Later, in a boot-related romantic encounter, I told her I had lost interest, and it seemed like she didn't care. But she still feels something deep down inside. When we found Ajantis we decided to send her back to the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for a while, to give us some time apart. Eventually whenever we would go back there, I would manage to talk to her. I have told her my life story, and she said I was still a pox-ridden son of a pig. Considers pushing and shoving to be gestures of love. She ruthlessly slaughtered the mad mage Mutamin at the perfect time, saving the fight and allowing us to win. When we met Edwin, we decided to let Shar-Teel rest at the Jovial Juggler and pick him up instead.

Tiax: A gnome Strifeleader of Cyric/thief. Has died for me 1 time so far. We found him at the city center of Beregost. He recruited us into his cause of world domination without so much as an interview and has been haranguing us about it ever since. We left him at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for a while after he exhorted us to kill more puppies and defile more temples, because he was getting annoying. But after killing Bassilus, who was also a priest of Cyrix, we picked him up again because I was impressed with Bassilus' raw power. When Ajantis joined us, he disapproved of Tiax and asked me why Tiax was with us. We said Tiax entertained us, and Tiax became quite offended. He summons Ghasts, which are pretty useful in a fight. We sent him back to the Jovial Juggler when we came across Bub Snikt.

Viconia: A drow Nightcloak of Shar. We met her in the Trade Way North area when she ran up to us and asked us for help. We said yes, not realizing what she meant. She was being chased by a Flaming Fist mercenary who accused her of murder and demanded her death. I said he had to go through us first, and he attacked us all. We had to kill him. That night, when we had finally gotten back to the Jovial Juggler, she came to thank me for rescuing her. I got her to "thank" me in the particular drow way I had heard about. She landed the killing blow against the mad mage Rhialto, which let me loot his spellbook and gain forbidden arcane knowledge. She was also instrumental in turning the tide of battle in our favor during the fight with the mad mage Mutamin, blessing us, cursing our allies, and Knowing the last Opponent so that we could kill her without getting turned to stone. Both when we cast Stone to Flesh on Tamah near Mutamin's garden, and when we cast Stone to Flesh on Branwen at the Nashkel Carnival, Viconia fervently agreed with our actions and showed great concern for the petrified women. She stayed silent throughout most of the rescue of Dynaheir, although her heals were vital to keeping everyone alive. After we rescued Dynaheir, she became more talkative, expressing her respect for the sorceress. Dynaheir is hesitant to respond, though.

Will Scarlet O'Hara: A human Troubadour. Has died for me 1 time so far. He greeted us as soon as we got to Beregost. Very helpful, nice guy. Offered to join us in our adventures, so we accepted. Wields a flail in melee and is proud of it. Has 6,000 gold worth of equipment waiting to be bought from different places around town. We left him at the Jovial Juggler despite his crazy-awesome bard song that gives everybody an extra attack per round because he doesn't talk and has a face people just want to punch.

Xzar: Human Necromancer. Has died for me 1 time so far. Crazy dude Imoen and I met on the road right after Gorion had died. Knew that we had been attacked, offered us a healing potion and then tried to guilt us into going to Nashkel with him and his half-pint thug Montaron. With nothing better to do, we joined up with them at first. We then left him at the Jovial Juggler because we favored some other companions. When we found a mithril ring in the Ankheg pit he appropriated it for himself, saying that he was going to enchant it with 'guidance.' From what, we do not know. Teases Imoen with talk of death, and Ajantis with talk of dragons. When we met Bub Snikt, we decided to give Xzar a break and travel with Bub for a while. He didn't seem to mind at all.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 12, 2011

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Branwen, Shar-teel, Dynaheir, Imoen, and Viconia

Nice balanced party of women.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
+2 Dynaheir
+2 Minsc
+1 Viconia

Man, I can't believe Edwin just straight up plot-killed Dynaheir in her sleep.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

3+ Finch
1+ Branwen
1+ Edwin

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Lessee. Let's go for a solid front line, one divine caster, one rogue and a strong magic back line. That in mind, I propose:

+1 Minsc
+1 Shar-Teel
+1 Imoen
+1 Viconia
+1 Hmm. I'm inclined to go for Dynaheir over Edwin because her spells have been more useful. Dynaheir unless Edwin steps his game up and fills his spellbook.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
+5 Imoen She must never leave the party.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

:ghost: Syvishtar, you did not rescue Dynaheir with the murderous Edwin in your party to just leave them to feast in the Jovial Juggler. They must travel together and suffer.

+1 Imoen - Your friend is as good a guide as we are, Syvishtar!
+1 Edwin - The Red Wizard may be annoying, but he has potential...
+1 Dynaheir - The sorceress and the Red Wizard will butt heads. They WILL.
+1 Viconia - The Drow has much power in her, especially of the curative sort.
+1 Minsc - Syvishtar, the man has a hamster. You have us. He is a kindred spirit, and has a mean sword arm to boot.

In other words, keep the current party.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

-5 AGAINST Dynaheir

If I have to read one more update with that many Thine's and Thou's again :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
^^^ I agree :argh:

But I hate Shar-teel more.

-5 Shar-teel

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Junior G-man posted:

-5 AGAINST Dynaheir

If I have to read one more update with that many Thine's and Thou's again :argh:

I'd rather have that and keep seeing "Your formidable mate" any day,

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

If we're going to Naskel, we should take the NPCs who have their quests in there so we can see and enjoy all their dialogues and stories! That means:

Khalid +2
Jaheira +1
Yzar +2

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Humm, Let's see. We have a wild mage going crazier in the MC so...
+1 to Finch. Need a cleric. Might as well be one that doesn't irritate the hell out of me
+1 to Imoen. Buddies for life.
+1 to Minsc. Man was more powerful then the rest of our party combined.
+1 to Dynaheir. More magic is always nice. Especially when it doesn't carry the risks of turning you into a woman, or destroying all your gold. Again.
+1 to Vicona. Again, clerics are nice to have.

I think this is a pretty well balanced party. And honestly, i don't mind the thees and thous. they don't really bother me I guess. But gods drat do I hate Shar-teel. Mind if I put in a readied action here? If Shar-teel looks like she is coming close to joining the party. Change my vote to -5 for her.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

+1 Imoen
+1 Minsc
+1 Dynaheir
+1 Viconia
-1 Edwin

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
+1 Imoen because she'd only get herself into trouble if we left her.
+1 Minsc
+1 Dynaheir
+1 Edwin
Because I want to see how far this friction goes.
+1 Branwen Because we'll be eligible for romance with her soon, which means we can abandon Shar-Teel altogether. Also, because we need a cleric.

Party balance: 3 mages.
1 thief.
1 tank.
1 tanky cleric (because all clerics are tanky)
Addendum: One of these days we need an all-mage party.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Xzar +2
Khalid +2
Jaheira +1

These are the survivors of the groups sent to deal with the mines, so let them deal with them!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
+5 to Finch! She's a fun character that isn't too over the top

Dr. Video Games 0123
Sep 7, 2004

Once upon a time there was a sweet little girl, with a red riding cape and GREAT FLAAAAMING EYEBROWS!
+2 Finch Because I like her.
+1 Kagain Can't have a dnd party without dwarves.
-2 Shar-teel Because whoever came up with her dialogue needs to be featured on a youtube video called something like "guy bites it due to freak accident".

Dr. Video Games 0123 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 13, 2011

Sargeant Biffalot
Nov 24, 2006
+3 Xzar, +2 Jaheira. They have quests there and she's a decent tank.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Current party works fine.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
-3 Shar-Teel, +1 Imoen, +1 Branwen.

Because Branwen's romance is silly as hell and the mental image of Syvishtar being bear-crushed by the warrior woman amuses me. And our reputation is almost there!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dr. Video Games 0123 posted:

-2 Shar-teel Because whoever came up with her dialogue needs to be featured on a youtube video called something like "guy bites it due to freak accident".

I am extremely surprised that I didn't find anything with that title on youtube. I guess the internet can't be all bad?

:unsmith:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Xzar +1
Khalid +1
Jaheira +1

They have things to do in Naskel. And -2 to Edwin. Anyone who kills our own party members needs to get the gently caress out. :colbert:

I have a request: If Edwin kills Dynaheir again, kill him and leave him.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
+1 Imoen - Story reasons, etc.
-1 Edwin
-1 Dynaheir
-1 Viconia
-1 Minsc

Can we not run with a party that everyone's done to death? We're playing the big world project. Lets run some new fresh npcs!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Longinus00 posted:

Can we not run with a party that everyone's done to death? We're playing the big world project. Lets run some new fresh npcs!

But all the fresh new NPCs so far blow chunks. Except Finch.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
+5 Branwen

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

+2 Finch
+1 Viconia
+1 Dynaheir
+1 Minsc

I think the current party with the addition of Finch for Edwin would be great. Imoen's getting enough votes I think.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
+2 Finch
+2 Xzar
+1 Branwen

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Vorgen posted:

And the most senior of you is called Amyrlin Seat. Right?

Vorgen posted:

Teach me "Burning Hands"?

:laugh:

Mod writing has its ups and downs, but I have no complaints about these parts of it.

As for votes, eh, -5 Minsc - we've done his quest, it's time to dump him.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Shyrka posted:

Man, I can't believe Edwin just straight up plot-killed Dynaheir in her sleep.

Yah, that surprised me too. Edwin is very genre-aware. I think if you click on him enough he even reveals that he's aware he's in a computer game.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

vilkacis posted:

:laugh:

Mod writing has its ups and downs, but I have no complaints about these parts of it.

The game never had brilliantly written dialogue (at least in the first one). The non-romantic dialogues for the original characters have been pretty good. There's a lot of joke lines and kind of silly choices, but they fit well with the PC's personality.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 13, 2011

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
+5 Khalid, because we haven't really seen the Duskblade kit yet.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
-3 Dynaheir
+2 Kagain

You're going into a mine, you need a dwarf, not a frail mage who can't cast any useful spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitecloak
Dec 12, 2004

ARISE
+5 Imoen. Everyone else the magic can figure out.

• Locked thread