Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I too want to see how you do bandit camp. My level 6/7 party barely survived it after numerous attempts. And that included Xan as level 6 sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

pokie posted:

I too want to see how you do bandit camp. My level 6/7 party barely survived it after numerous attempts. And that included Xan as level 6 sorcerer.

I'm not sure exactly how the Big World mashup will play out, but from my recent playthrough with just Sword Coast Strategies, it seems the battle can be cut short depending on who you kill at the start.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Interesting. Well, let's just say there are a lot of targets out there. I am pretty sure I killed all the unique guys outside and the battle was still raging afterward.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I'm going to try to make a video out of the fight. Taking out all the pauses and everything. Then we can all see exactly how it goes. It will be terribly embarrassing if it ends up with me and five corpses again.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
Going by current trends, this is more then likely. Is this the longest a group has stayed in tact without dying?

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I will be very impressed if you survive on the first try. My main char was a fighter with STR 25 and Flame of the North, yet my somewhat power-gamed party died. There could be some discrepancy between our mod layouts though. Either way, it will be worth watching.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

pokie posted:

I will be very impressed if you survive on the first try. My main char was a fighter with STR 25 and Flame of the North, yet my somewhat power-gamed party died. There could be some discrepancy between our mod layouts though. Either way, it will be worth watching.

I'm thinking that since its been a few days Vorgen is having some serious issues tackeling the camp with his current party.

Liongate
May 29, 2009
Hot drat! Finally Let's play of BG2.

Shame I only stumbled on it now and missed all the votes so far.
Just had to get BG collections from GoG, even tough I own both BG1 and BG2, but drat if I start that CD dance again. Anyway I am not sure if someone already asked this but does anyone have recent/updated guide how to install this awesome looking mod collection?

Been scouring the net couple days now, and it seems there is no updated version of "The big world setup" program. So it seems I am stuck with .bat versions.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Tzarnal posted:

I'm thinking that since its been a few days Vorgen is having some serious issues tackeling the camp with his current party.

It's making the drat video that's taking so long. I am about to give up. It's just too much to try to play a tactically-sound battle while taking care of all the extra stuff that comes from recording a movie. I think my computer isn't powerful enough. I'm about to give up and just screenshot it.

Liongate posted:

Hot drat! Finally Let's play of BG2.

Shame I only stumbled on it now and missed all the votes so far.
Just had to get BG collections from GoG, even tough I own both BG1 and BG2, but drat if I start that CD dance again. Anyway I am not sure if someone already asked this but does anyone have recent/updated guide how to install this awesome looking mod collection?

Been scouring the net couple days now, and it seems there is no updated version of "The big world setup" program. So it seems I am stuck with .bat versions.

Check the FAQ in the OP. There's a PDF you can download which will walk you through it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I don't really know why we suddenly need a video anyway. I've been loving this LP in screenshot form plenty.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

I guess I just thought it would be cool. But I lost that feeling. I'll post up a screenshot update in about 12 hours after I get finished with work :).

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

29 Eleasis, 1369

Bandit camp arrival movie.

Of course, elf. I will join my voice to yours for the success of our battle against the brigands.

My Lord Shevarash, here I stand, on the soil that the beast who slew my beloved still walks. There is no desire greater in my heart than to wet it with his dark blood. I ask for the firmness of my arm to match the firmness of my soul. I ask for fulfillment of my vow, I ask for the strike that will bring down my foe. I ask thee to give me strength to fight, and strength to protect those who fight with me.

With those words, we take stock of the area. It looks much like any other part of the forest we have been to. But Kivan knows these woods, and knows where we stand. The look in his eyes is certainty, and deadly purpose. I don't want to get in his way today. It is late, and we are all tired. I recommend that we make camp. We do, and the night passes uneventfully.

Gameplay note: This next part was actually pretty hard, and I died several times.

The next morning, I decide that we'll draw out the bandits by acting like normal traders. After all, we have a mule. It'll be the perfect disguise! We begin walking up the road, acting as innocently as possible. It's not too long until we attract the bad sort of attention.

As Gavin and I cast our combo spell, EntangleWeb, the ogre mage turns invisible. He can't really maintain it though after vines and webs wrap around his feet. He retaliates by hitting Kagain with a lightning bolt!

What follows next is a strange, awkward dance. Rose, Kagain, and I find ourselves within the radius of the Entangle and Web, and we find ourselves Entangled. The three bad guys are also either entangled or webbed, and none of us can move. The enemies rage against us and try to attack us, while we hit them with ranged weapons in turn.

Kagain switches to his throwing axes. I do not have a ranged weapon, since the Weave frowns on its use, so I try for some magic insted. But before I can do anything, Kivan takes out the ogre mage.

But instead of the weave doing what I ask, there is some kind of explosion around me. I think?

Rose takes out the ogrillon then. I am immobilized by my own web.

It doesn't really matter though, because Kivan takes out the final ogre while we are struggling with our bonds. Mission accomplished!

After that are a few awkward moments while we wait to get disentangled from the mess we created. After that, we move in to loot everyone. But someone seems to come late to the party.

I don't think much of him, and just order everyone in to attack, but then he kills Haiass in one blow!

He runs after me, and I get out of there with a little scream. Gavin tries to Hold him, but it doesn't stick. He turns to attack Gavin instead.

Gavin runs around for a while, keeping ahead of Brotus with his Boots of the Forgotten Ones, while the rest of the party pelts him with missiles. I cast Mirror Image, and then return to the fight to give Gavin some rest.

But he is able to see through my illusions and give me a nasty cut. I am scared, and lose control of myself [status effect].

Gavin and Tiax both rush to my rescue.

But despite being out of control, I still manage to smash Brotus square on the forehead with my staff. He falls to the ground and doesn't get back up again.

I catch myself right before smashing Tiax in his smug little bastard face [berserk effect?]. Kagain laughs at me and seems to feel more comfortable in his armor somehow.

When we loot Brotus's corpse, we find some pretty good gauntlets.

Kagain snaps those up immediately. He passes the Gauntlets of Ogre Power to Tiax, who can use them to augment his attacks with that fire mace he got. We also find a two-handed sword.

I'm not sure that this is a good weapon, especially after experiencing it first-hand. It made me go berserk but that just resulted in me killing Brotus with my own staff and then almost coming to blows with Tiax. I don't really want my enemies going berserk on me, do I? I'll have to think on this. For now, I put it on the mule. I have Gavin resurrect Haiass, and we are ready to go.

With no better plan, we continue to walk down the road, hoping to snare another bandit party. We notice that there are a couple of places where there looks to be trails going off to the east from the main road.

But we do not find any other bandit groups. There is no other choice than to strike into the heart of the woods to the east.

Kivan says he can sneak into the enemy camp and scout it out. I nod wordlessly. He grasps Imoen's Ninja-to and fades into the woods. He doesn't take long to find it.

He finds the easternmost border of the camp.

He runs into some hobgoblins patrolling in the forest too.

And also a group of bandits hiding out near some old ruins.

He even finds a group of Black Talon Elites in the woods. He passes them all by.

We wait for what seems like hours, until Kivan comes running at us through a stand of trees. He doesn't look too happy.

He tells me to quickly teleport us away. We must plan and prepare and we have no time. I touch the portal stone, and we go away. In the comfort and silence of Shevarash's sanctuary, Kivan draws us a map and explains what's going on.

He marks several places on the map. He says that the marks to the south are bandit, black talon elite, and hobgoblin patrols. He says that to the north, mostly in the still-unknown areas, is the main bandit camp. There are lots of guards - hobgoblins to the west and humans to the east. One of the hobgoblins saw him and raised an alarm just as he was running towards us. He doesn't know what exactly that means, but hopes that us teleporting away can fool them. He suggests resting for a full day in here, just to be sure. When I ask him about the one red mark within the unknown black area of the map, he says that's where Tazok is. By the way he stares at that spot I know he wants to just rush straight there and kill him. And quite frankly I don't blame him.

I propose that plan to the party. We sneak around the north side of the camp, rush into Tazok's place, and gank the poo poo out of him before anyone else knows what's up. Kagain nods and says he's up for it. Gavin says that he'll support me in whatever I do. Tiax seems to be eager for the plan. Kivan of course is on tiptoes. And Rose seems reluctant at first, but steels herself and nods.

I tell everyone to prepare to fight crowds. Then sleep. We do. Kagain has been thinking about the whole situation, and has a question for Tiax.

When Tiax rules, all will belong to Tiax, so trade must cease. Those who survive, will do so by his sufferance, and subsist upon his charity.

Thin times ahead, sounds like.

Begone! Your petty tradesman's concerns sully the Magnificence that is Tiax. There is no sign of the Understanding about you.

I'll take that as good news, at any rate.

The next morning, we prepare to infiltrate the bandit camp. When everyone says they're ready, I touch the door and we go back to the real world.

Unfortunately, our plan is foiled almost from the very beginning. They are waiting for us. Some mage casts glitterdust on Kagain and I, and the battle is on.

Everyone focuses on the mage without me even having to tell them. Good people, these. I cast Drain Life at the mage, and it's a good thing I did, because I get hit with an Ice Arrow from the treeline.

Then I get hit again. I realize that the Glitterdust on me is really making it easy for them to hit me. A horribly appropriate spell.

The mage fades back into the trees, presumably to let these Black Talon Elites do their grim work. We switch targets to the mercenaries.

Haiass and Kivan attack the same target. He is hurt quickly.

Then Kagain comes running out of the treeline, and I wonder why. A moment later a lightning bolt arcs out of the ground and into him. Ouch.

He grimaces and turns to return. I tell him to wait a moment. Rose and Gavin are doing a one-two punch against the bad guys. Rose lets loose a Grease, and Gavin an Entangle. He is hurt for his trouble, though.

I add my own special flavor to the brew, a Web. Then in my excitement I charge and attack as well!

A black talon elite and some important-looking hobgoblin make it through our gauntlet and charge our lines. We attack back.

Tiax tries casting a Curse on the targets still caught in the web of entangling grease to keep them in there longer, but someone manages to give him the old ice-arrow-to-the-face, and he loses his spell and panics.

Kivan kills the important-looking hobgoblin with a grim smile.

Gavin heals Tiax, but he stays panicked. I move into position for a Ring blast.

Time to do some sweeping!

Unfortunately, a panicked Tiax cross my stream inadvertently.

And then, when he turns around a moment later, he runs into it again and dies! I killed Tiax!

Immediately after that I get poisoned with an arrow.

As I walk sideways, I notice that the bandit I'm almost directly in front of is shooting arrows at Rose.

I make sure that he gets a faceful of fiery death.

Behind me, I hear a meaty thud and the feel of a hot spray of blood on my back. Kagain took care of the mercenary.

The arrows are starting to fly thicker. I notice that more and more are getting through our gauntlet. Time to do some strategic retreating.

Kivan covers me as I rush behind friendly lines.

Gavin and I make a second sticky situation, but it may not be enough. Gnolls are coming from the south, of all things.

I am shot in the back again, and held by a stray vine of Gavin's, I can do nothing but cast Mirror Image.

With enemies closing in from all sides, and most of us feeling very hurt, and Gavin out of healing spells, we have no choice but to retreat.

Unfortunately, the day is not done with us yet. We are ambushed 6 hours into our trip by a couple of spiders!

We run away from them too. Or at least we try to. But they entangle our mule and Kagain in their webs. We have to turn and fight.

And we see Kagain as, struggling in the spider's webs, he is eviscerated by them. He never had a chance.

Kivan rushes in to get Kagain's equipment, and then we run off. Somehow the mule gets away. We keep going on the trail, almost traumatized by this death march now, until we get to the Friendly Arm Inn. We go into the Temple of Wisdom and resurrect Kagain and Tiax. They must both be in a bad mood from dying, because they get into an argument immediately.

Ya twit! Get in my way again, and I'll break yer knee caps. Won't have much luck rulin' the world if ye can't walk, now, will ya?

Should Tiax no longer be able to walk, then he shall have slaves carry him from place to place! In fact, when Tiax rules, he won't NEED kneecaps anymore! Not, of course, that such a petty slave as yourself could ever hope to harm one so great and powerful as the mighty Tiax!

One day, I'll have ta teach ya a lesson or two in respect for your betters. Uppity gnomes should learn their place; diggin' up diamonds and jewels so we dwarves can get filthy, stinking rich off 'em.

Tiax has transcended such petty things as gold and jewels; when he rules, these things shall line his throne room, but only as the merest of baubles to impress his foolish slaves into mindless obedience to his will!

Ha! I've heard o' idiots sayin' they transcend gold and jewels; usually, it means I have to give 'em the once over with a club to get my pay from 'em!

Ye may be crazy 'cause of yer world conquest fixation, but yer stupid 'cause ye don't understand that gold is what makes yer coveted world go 'round. Now off with ye.

Then we set off back to the Jovial Juggler. It is some to take a break. Get some sleep in. Do my hair. I can't take this anymore. That bandit camp was more jumpy and better locked down than any single location I've ever seen! I don't think Candlekeep even had better security.

We travel to Beregost, and when we arrive, I reach down to pet Haiass, but he is not there.

Oh my god! What if he didn't make it?! I walk to the Jovial Juggler with new anxiety. There is a least some good news. Kivan sells all the bandit scalps he has for 1050 gold. That means, altogether, we have 2578 gold, even after the resurrections.

Great Tiax is familiar with every piece of lore on Faerun.

Then you should have noticed that you have an ambition similar to those of the Tel'gothrim.

Drow are nothing! Great Tiax spits on the drow! They will bow to Tiax when their turn comes!

Tiax, drow are bred to lust for power and are shy of no means to achieve it. Yet all Tel'gothrim achieved over the course of thousands of years is the existence in the bowels of Toril. What gives you hope that you shall succeed?

Cyric will grant mighty Tiax all the world, once the time is right!

What can Cyric offer that Lolth cannot?

Silence! Do not argue with the Great Tiax! All traitors! All conspire against the greatness that is Tiax!

Ah, I see... madness. Lle naa haran e' nausalle nogoth... You are a King in your imagination, gnome.

Gameplay note: And such concludes our current chapter in the Big World Project. It was a difficult chapter, full of death and dying. It is time now for a new party vote! I will take this new party and go kick some Amazonian rear end in the Valley of the Tombs. Then I will kick some bandit rear end in the bandit camp. Then I will kick some rear end in other random areas around the southern Sword Coast, until finally culminating in kicking some mercenary rear end near the Song of the Morning Temple. So, lets get to it! Stay tuned for a party vote post after this one.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 9, 2012

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

TIME TO VOTE!!!! VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE PARTY MEMBERS!!! VOTE FOR POWER!! VOTE FOR HILARITY!! VOTE FOR... YOUR HEART!!

Important things to remember this time are that people will respond differently now that Syvishtara is a woman. We might be able to set up a romance with Xan. We can continue our romance with Branwen. And Shar-Teel has been personally witnessed by me flirting with the female Syvishtara. Dare we take them all at once? Only you can decide that!

Standard voting procedures apply. Each thread poster has 5 votes, which they can use to either vote FOR or AGAINST any character to be a party member. You can use all 5 votes for one character, or spread them out. You can vote both positively and negatively. If you vote too many times, only the first 5 votes are counted. If there is a tie, the character with the least amount of negative votes wins. If there's a tie in both positive and negative votes, I'll flip a coin. After voting is closed, the top 5 characters will join the party until they die. At that point, they will be resurrected and carted off to the Jovial Juggler, and the next-most-popular character will take their place. During this past chapter in the Let's Play we pretty much used up everybody available to us, since there were so many deaths. But that is not normally the case, so do not count on seeing your favorite dude show up simply due to attrition. Vote for your heart's five desires now!

Here are the contestants. Also note that all character sheets, linked via their names, are current in xp and hit points.

Bjornin: A level 7 human dragonslayer. A paladin we first met resting up in the Jovial Juggler in Beregost. He told us he had been recently defeated by a band of half-ogres southwest of Beregost. Asked us to get his vengeance. We said we'd keep an eye out. We found the half-ogres at Fisherman's Lake and the party of Bub Snikt, Finch, Imoen, Gavin, and Viconia took them out without any injuries. He was very grateful to us and offered us a magical shield. We accepted. We eventually won him over with gifts of gold and jewelry, and he joined up with us! Besides Ajantis, he is the only other paladin we have met. He did well in battle, killing people steadily with his spear, until I got him and everyone else killed in the Valley of the Tombs trying to defend ourselves against some amazon mercenaries. We sent him back to rest in the Jovial Juggler again, which is ironic, because he was the inspiration for us sending people to rest in the Jovial Juggler to recuperate from their wounds in the first place.

Branwen: A level 4 human Battleguard of Tempus who knows Level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. She was a statue in the middle of the Nashkel Carnival. We bought a Stone to Flesh scroll from a nearby gnome and turned her back to normal. She was grateful and agreed to join our battle party, and she didn't care what we were fighting. I liked her right away! She has told Viconia she thinks drow battle tactics are cowardly. She also recently asked me if I ever doubted myself. She seemed both shocked and relieved when I said I doubted myself all the time. When we got to Bear River an Ogre Berseker killed her in the middle of combat, and we let her rest in favor of using Kagain. We picked her up again after we exited the Nashkel Mines, because Minsc had to be let go and Finch was dead. She and I have been talking a lot about our childhoods and I've been noticing how enticingly she fills out a set of platemail armor. But then she died along with the rest of my party to some amazonian mercenaries in the Valley of the Tombs and I let her rest at the Jovial Juggler for a while.

Bub Snikt: A level 3 human berserker. Prefers to dual-wield daggers. Met him in the woods of the Northern Coast Way. Told us to keep low and quiet, that he could smell ogres on the breeze. We offered to let him join the party, and he said okay. Sounds southern, as in southern hemisphere. Doesn't talk much. After clearing the road between Beregost and Nashkel of bandits, we let him have some R&R at the Jovial Juggler and took Rose back under our wing.

Dynaheir: A level 2 human sorceress who knows some level 1 spells. She had been captured by gnolls and was being held at the Gnoll Stronghold being forced to do god-knows-what in their fighting pits. Minsc recruited our party of myself, Imoen, Shar-Teel, Viconia, and Gavin to aid him in rescuing her. In the same village we met Edwin, who hired us to aid him in killing her. We also took him on but didn't promise anything. When we finally rescued her, 22 days later, we told her and Edwin to keep their personal disagreements to themselves, and considered the matter closed. She immediately asked us if we had seen her journal, which we had not. We stopped by the Dryad Falls on our way back to Beregost, and met up again with Drizzt, who asked us about a parchment he had found on some gnolls. It turned out to be one page of Dynaheir's journal. We agreed to split up and search the area for one day, then meet back up and see what we had found. Soon after Drizzt left, we were found by some gnolls that looked peaceful. They gave us a warning that the Old One had ordered many gnolls to find Dynaheir, and each had a piece of her journal with them. We accepted their warning, searched for the journal, but we needn't have bothered. Drizzt found it, and us, several days later. During that time Dynaheir mysteriously died for no discernible reason, except that we all know it was Edwin. Also, Edwin later tried to steal Dynaheir's journal, but was thwarted by its ward and cryptographic scribblings. When it was time to go to the Nashkel Mines, we chose to let Dynaheir rest at the Jovial Juggler for a while.

Edwin: A level 4 human conjurer who knows some level 1 and a single level 2 spell. By virtue of an heirloom amulet he is the most powerful mage in existence, able to cast 2 extra spells per level. We met him on the bridge over the river in Nashkel where he said he wanted to kill the witch Dynaheir. We told him he could travel with us but we would not promise anything about killing. Minsc said he would keep an eye on him. He has been trying to position himself as the superior mage in the party, and I've been trying to shut him down in turn. When we finally found Dynaheir, he became quite upset that I didn't kill her. He must have poisoned her or something himself because she dropped dead a few days later and I had to resurrect her. He also tried to steal her journal when she got it back, but she had warded it and he sheepishly gave it back to her. The man was getting on my ever-loving nerves, so I left him at the Jovial Juggler to relax. I hoped it would mellow him out, but it didn't. I know because I picked him up again when I got Thorfinn Hauskluniff killed by lightning in Feldepost's Inn. He lasted until the Valley of the Tombs, when he and everyone else in my group died to amazons mercenary bounty hunters from hell. I dropped him off again at the Jovial Juggler, a mite sheepishly.

Finch: A level 3 gnome Priest of Deneir that knows level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. An extremely happy miniature librarian stereotype. Confirmed that unfortunately she does not come with a stand mount. Met briefly in Candlekeep gardens. Actually said "anyhoo" in conversation. Met her again at the Red Sheaf Inn in Beregost where she helped us kill Karlat, a dwarf mercenary trying to collect on the bounty on my head. Joined up with us after the fight. Apparently she and Imoen have some history from Candlekeep. She punched Imoen in the head after Imoen glued a book together that she was reading. At level 1 she was also the juggernaut of destruction against Bassilus in the Red Canyons, destroying his undead with dialogue and Dooming him to succumb to the party's assault. She tried her hand out at co-tanking with Shar-Teel and then Ajantis, resulting in several deaths for her. It turns out that she recognizes Ajantis from Waterdeep, where they both grew up, although in very different circles. She was the ninth of seventeen gnomish children in a house much too small. She and Ajantis had a nice conversation about home nevertheless. She served us faithfully until she died against Rhialto while wielding the Flame of the North. We gave her some R&R at the Jovial Juggler and picked up Jaheira in her place. When it was time to go to the Nashkel Mines, we picked her up again and, with Viconia, she backed us up with healing. She became the lone healer when we switched Viconia out for Mur'neth. She distrusts Boo, Minsc's animal companion, because she thinks his rodent instincts will take over and he'll start chewing on her books. Minsc assured her this was not the case. Unfortunately during the ultimate battle at the bottom of the mines, she tried to heal Minsc while he was in a berserk state and he struck her down with one blow. We raised her and dropped her and Minsc both off at the Jovial Juggler. Hopefully this didn't put her completely off of adventuring.

Gavin: A level 3 human Morninglord of Lathander that knows level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. We met him outside of the Song of the Morning Temple in Beregost. Very devout, and good in a fight. Older guy, and likes to talk. Very scared of giant spiders. Hinted that he was trying to raise money for someone by adventuring, but didn't go into details. When we let him go for a while, he stood guard in front of the Song of the Morning Temple waiting for us to pick him up again. After Ajantis was one-shot killed by a Kobold Captain in the Trade Way South which led to him deserting the party, we decided to pick up Gavin again and travel with him for a while longer. He wasted no time in asking me about my childhood and my hobbies, and seemed very earnestly thankful that I told him about that stuff. Weird. Since then, we've been talking about such subjects as the ultimate consequences of our actions and the possibilities of world peace. He seems like quite a thoughtful guy, if a little chatty. He eventually confessed to his secret sin, which is to being married to a complete bitch who tricked him into raising a daughter not his own and cheats on him with any rich guy whenever he's away. He seemed to think we would want him out of the party after his confession, but we said that as long as it didn't interfere with party business it doesn't matter. He seemed incredibly relieved. He has a good relationship with Keldath Ormlyr who gave us a quest to stop a mad wizard who was trying to tame basilisks to the east of the Song of the Morning Temple. We agreed to take care of it right away. We killed Mutamin and got 1000 gold from Keldath. When we un-stoned Branwen at the Nashkel Carnival we decided to give Gavin some time to see his family and let him go back to Beregost. In an alternate-reality flashback that I experienced while in the Nashkel mines, I saw myself and Gavin meeting with a temple messenger who had yet another job for us to do. I saw myself agreeing to go with him to the temple to find out the problem. I was the same color in the flashback as I am now, so perhaps it was real. Perhaps we should go? We didn't get around to him, however, until a total party slaughter at the Valley of the Tombs left us with no other choice, due to shame, a need to rest, or some other problem. But first, we had to sneak our way around some mercenaries who were staking out a claim near his vigil at the Song of the Morning Temple. We approached from the east, but were chased off by worgs and dread wolves. Then we approached from the south, and I barely was able to run in and tag him for the party before we had to both run into the temple and then out its south entrance to get away from the mercs tailing us. He's been with us, healing everybody, for a while now. He was instrumental in the fight against Corsone, the shadow druid who helped us to kill his fellow grief-stricken druid Ozmadi. He saw me changed into a woman, but didn't say anything. When I started asking him some questions about how he liked adventuring, he said he would probably like it better in retrospect. I also asked him why he uses a hammer when most clerics use a mace. He said that the hammer can be used as a tool as well, and that possibility reminds him to always be aware of the consequences of his actions. He was great in the first raid on the bandit camp, casting Entangles to go along with my webs and healing everything in sight.

Imoen: A level 5 human Charming Rogue who can cast Magic Missile, Color Spray, Burning Hands, Friends, Invisibility, Charm, and Reflect Image. She's pretty smart and will dual-class to a mage in a couple more levels. My childhood friend, partner in crime, and a general troublemaker. She reads letters that she's not supposed to. She also followed me out of Candlekeep and pledged to keep me company until I got tired of her. Nice girl, her. When we killed Tarnesh, she picked up his spellbook and has been studying it. She created a strange book-like artifact using it that makes her more dexterous once a day. If she keeps studying that spellbook she might eventually dual-class to mage. Meanwhile she is becoming a pretty good thief, ripping off the entire city of Beregost and leaving them weaponless, potionless, and penniless. Xzar seems to enjoy freaking her out. In a conversation with Gavin, I told him that one of my hobbies was getting drunk in the taverns with Imoen. She's a great drinking buddy. When we got to Nashkel and killed the assassin waiting for us at the Nashkel Inn, I let it slip that I had been attacked by assassins within Candlekeep. She was shocked, and wanted to know why I hadn't told her. I said that I wanted to spare her the worry. She used Minsc to semi-blackmail Dynaheir into teaching her how to cast Burning Hands, and yet we still all love her. She has been in my party and my presence since I left Candlekeep, and has hardly ever died. That is, until amazons hunted us down in the Valley of the Tombs and killed my entire party. I barely had time to get our equipment and get out of there. I sadly gave her some time to rest at the Jovial Juggler. I have GOT to tell her that I'm a woman now!!

Jaheira: A level 1/1 half-elf fighter/Priest of Sylvanus who can cast some level 1 cleric spells. A very pushy woman. She says that she and Khalid often "look into" local concerns, and she wants us to all look into what's going down in Nashkel. Lets Khalid follow her around like a lost puppy. She disapproved of us working for Silke, and reprimanded me for doing that. After some time together we decided to trade her and Khalid for Finch and Shar-Teel. She took Khalid and left for the Friendly Arm Inn without so much as a goodbye. After Finch died for the 4th time, we approached Jaheira again to join our party, which she did without being accompanied by Khalid. She immediately tried to call out Gavin for not pulling his weight in the group and not telling the party about his wife and child, even though he already had told us while she was not around. She came out of the talk looking like a complete nosy bitch. She later died to a surprise Astral Phase Spider hiding out in a cave near the Song of the Morning Temple, cut down in one round. We resurrected her, dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler, and picked up Shar-Teel instead. We picked her up again after Thorfinn Hauskluniff and Dynaheir died taking out Tazok's lackey Tranzig in Feldepost's Inn. She lasted until we went to the Valley of the Tombs, where she and everyone else was slaughtered by some amazonian merceneries sent out to kill us for the Iron Throne. I dropped her back off at the Jovial Juggler and picked up Khalid instead.

Kagain: A level 3 dwarf Gladiator. Was working as a mercenary in Beregost when we walked into his office. He wanted us to look for a lost caravan, but we had already found the remains of it, and showed him Silvershield's fibula. He quickly realized he was in a heap of trouble and offered to join up with us. Wonder if he will bring that trouble with him. Spent a whole lot of time in the Jovial Juggler, but when Branwen was killed at Bear River we picked him up to replace her. Boo doesn't seem to like him, though. When we assaulted the Gnoll Stronghold, Kagain did well in combat, but eventually fell to some Dire Wolves while Held near the center of the fortress. But we were so close to completely destroying the gnolls we resurrected him and brought him back into the fight. He only left our party after we rescued Dynaheir, and is waiting back at the Jovial Juggler for us to pick him up again. After a total party slaughter in the Valley of the Tombs, he was one of the most well-rested at the Jovial Juggler, so we picked him up again. He has been doing excellently against the bandits, flinds, and giant spiders we have been encountering. He also seems to admire Kivan, because Kivan doesn't steal things, stays quiet, and is deadly with a bow. Kivan doesn't return the favor, though. He was part of the party when we went to the Larswood and fought the druid crazed with grief, Ozmadi. Kagain saw me changed into a woman. He hasn't yet said anything, though. When I tried to talk to him at the Friendly Arm common room, trying to get him to tell me more about himself, he said these were dangerous times we lived in. He also said he had no friends, and didn't understand why we all had suddenly come into his life. Then he said that if he had something to tell us, he would, but he doesn't, so he won't. He's a gruff old bugger. He did pretty well in the first raid against the bandit camp, killing mercs and eating lightning bolts like it was nothing. Too bad he died to a spider after we ran away and got lost.

Khalid: A level 1 half-elf Duskblade. A nerdy fighter who has read up on ancient elven spellcasting techniques, and Jaheira's companion. Stutters. Gets scared a lot. Apparently a long-time friend of Gorion and interested in what's going on down in Nashkel. But mostly he's interested in everything that Jaheira is, because its just like that. Followed Jaheira to the Friendly Arm Inn when we replaced them with Finch and Shar-Teel. He would be willing to rejoin us without Jaheira, though, if we asked. We didn't party with him for a long time, until the entire party was slaughtered by amazonian mercenaries in the Valley of the Tombs. He was part of the relief party that took over from the poor dead ones. When he joined, he immediately asked me if I would continue on in my quest to rid the land of the bandits. When I said I would, he said he hoped it wasn't just for bloody-minded vengeance. But when I said vengeance was enough, he surprisingly enough said he would have to stay by my side even so then. I guess even though he doesn't say it he also wants to get revenge on Gorion's killers. He did a pretty good job during his second time in the group, fighting side-by-side with Kagain and killing more than his fair share of bandits, gnolls, and spiders. Unfortunately in his last spider fight he got poisoned trying to protect a paralyzed Gavin from getting poisoned as well, and we were out of antidotes. Despite drinking all the healing potions and eating all the Goodberries he could, he couldn't overcome the poison and died in the Peldvale. It was excruciatingly frustrating watching him go without being able to help. We dropped him off back at the Jovial Juggler in shame.

Kivan: A level 2 elf murder machine Archer. We met outside of High Hedge. Said he had been hunting bandits for the past several months and that he would be happy to join with us if we were doing the same. When pressed, said that the bandit leader Tazok had killed someone dear to him. We took him in. He keeps going on and on about his loneliness and grief at losing his wife, Deheriana, and dragging down the group. We've started to tell him to shut up. He and Shar-Teel don't get along at all. When we killed Bassilus he considered the cleric to be like himself, caught up with the spirits of the dead. Hinted that he will commit suicide after killing Tazok. We decided to give him a break at the Jovial Juggler after killing Bassilus, picking up Xzar instead. Kivan stayed out of our party for many weeks, until a total slaughter of the party in the Valley of the Tombs set us back severely. Not willing to risk anyone else, I picked him up as one of the pinch-hitters. He has been a murder machine, killing lots of monsters before anyone else even gets to them. When we got to Larswood, we ran into a bandit leader named Teven. He recognized Kivan and said that if the bandits brought his head to Tazok, they'd be rich. Kivan killed him and every single other bandit in that group. Later, after killing the druids Ozmadi and Corsone, the elf made out like a bandit, getting a ton of nature-loving equipment for his own. He also saw me changed into a woman, but didn't say anything... at least not yet. When I tried to get him into a conversation he cut me off curtly, saying that we should quicken our search for the bandits and their camp, or he would leave us to find help elsewhere. We of course tracked the bandits back to their camp, and he has been slaying them left and right, most recently slaying the hobgoblin Ardenor Crush with an arrow to the face on the first raid of the bandit camp.

Minsc: A level 4 human ranger. We met him near the Nashkel barracks. Carries around a miniature giant space hamster, Boo. Said that he needed to go save a woman Dynaheir from gnolls. We agreed to help, sending Rose back to the Burning Wizard Inn. Grabbed and intimidated a pickpocket into giving us our money back after he tried to pull a fast one on us in one of the gambling tents at the Nashkel Carnival. Is extremely suspicious of Edwin, watching him closely. Held the line against an unknown number of xvarts, probably over 50, with the Flame of the North. He was flanked by Haiass and my cat familiar. They died, he lived. Has been the lynchpin in our party ever since then, single-handedly destroying more gnolls than the rest of the party combined. He is overjoyed to have Dynaheir back, happy enough that he has begun telling bedtime stories to Boo. He almost told us a very embarrassing story about Dynaheir, skinny dipping, and someone stealing her clothes, but was barely stopped by Dynaheir herself. Was extremely effective against Mulahey and his minions in the ultimate fight at the bottom of the Nashkel Mines, but actually too effective. He killed Finch in a berserker rage. We had to give him a time out back at the Jovial Juggler, hopefully enough time to have Dynaheir explain to him why killing party members is wrong. Xan took his place.

Mur'Neth: A level 3 ghaunadan Ghaunadan. A slime-shaped mockery of a man that makes hideous sounds approaching speech come out of his flapping mouth-hole. He is a loyal servant of Ghaunadaur, the evil god of oozes, slimes, and jellies, worshipped by some drow. We met him deep within the Nashkel mines, and he said he was investigating the poison that the people were using to poison the iron. He didn't care about the iron itself, but the poison was killing slimes and jellies, so his god sent him to stop it. He is very devout, and it's kinda creepy. Also he gurgles when he talks. I personally don't like him and wouldn't care if he died. We have had one conversation so far where he asserted that jellies and slimes were at the top of the food chain and if there weren't so many kobolds around his brethren wouldn't mind eating miners. Disgusting. He died in one hit to an orc berserker when we got out of the Nashkel Mines, and we dropped him off at the Jovial Juggler. Hopefully he doesn't eat anybody while he's there.

Rose: A level 4 half-elf White Dragon Disciple who knows some level 1 spells and can cast Chill Touch innately. We first saw her being accosted in the Burning Wizard Inn, but the man said she took his money. Silke had taught us the danger of a pretty face not five minutes before, so we didn't immediately side with the chick. We tried to mediate the situation, offering the man 10 gold to drop it. He did, cursing us all. After he left Rose gave us 23 gold, which was what she considered to be our cut. Clever girl. Originally from Athkatla. Wanted to become an actress in the plays in the bridge district there, but her parents never let her. That's one of the reasons why she ran away. Likes singing, and clouds, and enjoying life. Dislikes wearing armor, as it chafes her. We dropped her off at the Jovial Juggler after killing Bassilus, wanting to give Tiax a chance in the party. After clearing out the road between Beregost and Nashkel, we picked her back up as the 5th member. She was present at the slaying of Rhialto, singing all the way through and not getting hit once. She was also helpful during the slaying of the mad mage Mutamin and his basilisk and medusa armies. However, when we met Minsc, we decided to take him on and let Rose go back to the Burning Wizard. We left her there for many weeks, until one fateful day in the Valley of the Tombs everyone was slaughtered except for me and the mule. Ashamed, weakened, disheartened, we limped back to the Jovial Juggler and picked her up as a replacement. Her songs have been making everybody just that much more effective. She sang us through the confrontation with the grief-stricken druid Ozmadi and his evil fellow hippie Corsone as well, and was there when I was changed into a woman. She was there for me when I ran back to the Friendly Arm Inn in confusion, and helped me through my first hesitant steps of womanhood. We bonded over dresses and tea, and I asked her how she started life on the road. She said that she just couldn't stand her previous life, so one day she just up and left. I told her I admired her decision, and she was overjoyed that I didn't judge her. She asked about my past, and commiserated with me when I told of Gorion's death. She's a good friend, that Rose. She contributed to the Sticky Mess strategy we used on our first raid of the bandit camp, casting Grease on top of Gavin's Entangle and my Web, which was designed to slow down the bandits enough for us to pick them off. Didn't work so well, and she got a few arrows to the face, but managed to survive nevertheless.

Shar-Teel: A level 3 human Sellsword. Met us on the road to Nashkel. Challenged our best warrior to a duel. Khalid stepped up to the plate and gave her a nice, solid cut. She capitulated and joined our party. We gave her a compliment once, and she started assuming we were together. That apparently translates as her berating us for staring at her too long, and telling us about her crooked, chauvinist pig of a father Angelo. Later, she told us of her role model and mentor, the powerful and cruel mercenary Ysena, who trained her to be what she is today. During that conversation she let it slip that she worked in the slave trade. Later, in a boot-related romantic encounter, I told her I had lost interest, and it seemed like she didn't care. But she still feels something deep down inside. When we found Ajantis we decided to send her back to the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for a while, to give us some time apart. Eventually whenever we would go back there, I would manage to talk to her. I have told her my life story, and she said I was still a pox-ridden son of a pig. Considers pushing and shoving to be gestures of love. She ruthlessly slaughtered the mad mage Mutamin at the perfect time, saving the fight and allowing us to win. When we met Edwin, we decided to let Shar-Teel rest at the Jovial Juggler and pick him up instead. I thought that things had cooled between Shar-Teel and I, since I was saving so many puppies and fixing so many problems. But I guess me becoming a woman really gets her goat, because she is flirting with me shamelessly now that I'm back at the Jovial Juggler. I think she wants me bad!

Thorfinn Hauskluniff: A level 4 human Frost Dweller who showed up at the Jovial Juggler after we saved the Nashkel mines from the evil clutches of Mulahey. He hails from the frozen northlands, and told us very wisely that bitches be trippin'. He likes dual-wielding axes, and took up both of his against Tranzig, the evil wizard helping out the bandits and their mysterious leader, Tazok. Unfortunately he couldn't handle two lightning bolts to the face, and went down during the fight. We gave him some time to recover at the Jovial Juggler.

Tiax: A level 2/2 gnome Strifeleader of Cyric/thief who can cast some level 1 cleric spells and can summon a ghast in battle. We found him at the city center of Beregost. He recruited us into his cause of world domination without so much as an interview and has been haranguing us about it ever since. We left him at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for a while after he exhorted us to kill more puppies and defile more temples, because he was getting annoying. But after killing Bassilus, who was also a priest of Cyric, we picked him up again because I was impressed with Bassilus' raw power. When Ajantis joined us, he disapproved of Tiax and asked me why Tiax was with us. We said Tiax entertained us, and Tiax became quite offended. He summons Ghasts, which are pretty useful in a fight. We eventually sent him back to the Jovial Juggler when we came across Bub Snikt. And we left him there for several weeks, until Khalid got killed in the Larswood and we thought his healing and ghasts might be more useful. We took him back to the Larswood with us and his ghast was instrumental in our fight against the grief-stricken Ozmadi and his evil druid traitor companion Corsone. Tiax was there in that fight, and saw me changed into a woman. He hasn't yet said anything, though. He has been getting into fights with Kagain lately. The dwarf just can't seem to stand him. Kagain has threatened to kneecap him if he doesn't conform to gnomish norms soon. Also, Kivan told Tiax about the drow, and compared Tiax to them. It was then that he realized Tiax was truly delusional.

Viconia: A level 4 drow Nightcloak of Shar that can cast some level 1 and level 2 cleric spells. We met her in the Trade Way North when she ran up to us and asked us for help. We said yes, not realizing what she meant. She was being chased by a Flaming Fist mercenary who accused her of murder and demanded her death. I said he had to go through us first, and he attacked us all. We had to kill him. That night, when we had finally gotten back to the Jovial Juggler, she came to thank me for rescuing her. I got her to "thank" me in the particular drow way I had heard about. She landed the killing blow against the mad mage Rhialto, which let me loot his spellbook and gain forbidden arcane knowledge. She was also instrumental in turning the tide of battle in our favor during the fight with the mad mage Mutamin, blessing us, cursing our allies, and Knowing the last Opponent so that we could kill her without getting turned to stone. Both when we cast Stone to Flesh on Tamah near Mutamin's garden, and when we cast Stone to Flesh on Branwen at the Nashkel Carnival, Viconia fervently agreed with our actions and showed great concern for the petrified women. She stayed silent throughout most of the rescue of Dynaheir, although her heals were vital to keeping everyone alive. After we rescued Dynaheir, she became more talkative, expressing her respect for the sorceress. Dynaheir is hesitant to respond, though. When we went down into the Nashkel mines, she said they reminded her somewhat of her home. We decided to give her a break when we came across Mur'neth, as they would likely not get along. She is currently hesitantly resting at the Jovial Juggler, convinced that such a place is not good for her continued health.

Will Scarlet O'Hara: A level 1 human Troubadour. He greeted us as soon as we got to Beregost. Very helpful, nice guy. Offered to join us in our adventures, so we accepted. Wields a flail in melee and is proud of it. Has 6,000 gold worth of equipment waiting to be bought from different places around town. We left him at the Jovial Juggler despite his crazy-awesome bard song that gives everybody an extra attack per round because he doesn't talk and has a face people just want to punch.

Xan: An amazingly handsome level 4 elf bladesinger. When we killed Mulahey at the bottom of the Nashkel mines, we found Xan in one of the side caverns. He said he had been held there for 85 days, and had originally been sent to investigate the strange goings-on in this area. We had been on the road for 82 days at that point, so he had just a few days head-start on us, so to speak. He asked us if we had found his sword, and offered to join us. We took him up on his offer because we were without a reliable swordsman, since Minsc had just killed Finch in a berserker frenzy and none of us felt comfortable around him. I have only known Xan for a short while but he's just so... elven. I can tell that he knows a lot about our people, much more than I could ever know. I want to learn from him. I want to be just like him! Now that I am a woman, I wonder... what would he think of me? Would I be elven enough for his tastes? Wait, what am I thinking?

Xzar: A level 2 human Necromancer that knows a few level 1 spells. Crazy dude Imoen and I met on the road right after Gorion had died. Knew that we had been attacked, offered us a healing potion and then tried to guilt us into going to Nashkel with him and his half-pint thug Montaron. With nothing better to do, we joined up with them at first. We then left him at the Jovial Juggler because we favored some other companions. When we found a mithril ring in the Ankheg pit he appropriated it for himself, saying that he was going to enchant it with 'guidance.' From what, we do not know. Teases Imoen with talk of death, and Ajantis with talk of dragons. When we met Bub Snikt, we decided to give Xzar a break and travel with Bub for a while. He didn't seem to mind at all. We picked him up again when it was time to go to the Nashkel mines. While traveling with Finch, he noticed her scribbling away in her journal and asked her what she was doing. When she replied that she was writing down everything that we said and did, he became convinced she was a spy for a nameless enemy, and refused to tell her anything. We decided to give him some time off when we met Mur'neth, and sent him back to the good ol' JJ.

Inn:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Hmmm...

+1 to
Imoen: Missed her. Also, might be the only character with a personality I actually like, as opposed to "tolerate", of the people you've picked up.
Shar-Teel: The romance is dead. The controversy is dead. Let's have a glass canon, again!
Khalid: L-level this g-guy up.

-1 to
Minsc: I find him impossibly annoying.
Jaheira: I know, I like people leveling up, but I think I actively despise this character. I must be D&D Evil, because D&D Good characters, save Imoen, just need to be punched in the head.

EDIT
Our reputation is too high for a romance with Shar-Teel! Let's not poo poo up the thread with yet more arguments. Let's just chop things in half and maybe die horribly.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

+1 to
Imoen
Rose
Shar-Teel
Finch
Branwen

Girls just wanna have fun (and kill all the bandits)!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
+1 Xzar, Will, Kivan, Khalid, Jaheira.

These are our lowest-level minions. Level them up or watch them die. either way, more entertainment.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

+5 Mur'Neth, because I want your party full of the freakiest guys you've got.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Kivan ++ If you're going after the bandits, he deserves to be there.
Dynaheir + & Minsc + We haven't seen these two in action in a while...
Edwin + ...and it's more fun if you have Edwin around when they are.

So that's two votes for Kivan and one vote each for Dynaheir, Minsc, and Edwin.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
+5 Kivan cause he's a death machine and killing bandits is his life.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
+2 Branwen, +2 Imoen, +1 Mur'neth.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

+1 Dynyheir, +1 Imoen, +1 Minsc, +1 viconia, +1 Kivan

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
-2 Viconia, +3 Minsc.
[edit] Edited votes.

owl milk fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 12, 2012

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

+3 Viconia
+2 Tiax

Evil Clerics unite!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
+4 Minsc, +1 Dynaheir

We still have him, you know. He never has actually died at any point. And he's awesome. And one vote for Dynaheir to keep him happy.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

+5 Kagain because we always need more dorfs

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

+1 to:
Imoen - What will she say about the new you, I wonder?
Kivan - We need a bandit-killing machine to carry the rest of the horrifically under-leveled party.
Rose - Together with Imoen, partners in crime?

+2 to:
Edwin - Get this man some good spells already!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

For the sake of optimization rather than party dynamics or characterization, I shall vote for the following:

Bjornin
Branwen
Imoen
Kivan
Minsc

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

+1 Kivan he has plot with the bandits which we should see.
+1 Mur'Neth seems like he could be interesting, wish there was an option to turn him into slime and use him to poison the bandit camps water supply.
+1 Thorfinn Hauskluniff again seems like he could be interesting, plus his portrait looks like one of the actors from 13th Warrior.
+1 Tiax you need to get on Tiax's good side after ruthlessly slaying him.
+1 Shar-Teel if anyone knows how to deal with strong, graceful, yet unpleasant amazonian women it's her.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
ROMANCE COMBO
+1 Imoen
+1 Kivan
+1 Xan
+1 Branwen
+1 Shar-Teel

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
+2 to Will Scarlett O'Hara

+2 to Imoen

+1 to Thorfinn Hauskluniff

+4 to Will Scarlett O'Hara

-1 to Shar-Teel

EDIT: Changed my vote.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 12, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
For the record, I've already cast my votes, but I think the best party composition (balancing party dynamics and party capability) would be:

Minsk
Dynaheir
Imoen
Kivan
A Priest (don't particularly care if it's Branwen or Gavin, even Viconia is fine, don't really care for Tiax though)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
+1 Branwen
+1 Imoen
+1 Viconia
+1 Dyanheir
+1 Finch

Amazon squad is go!

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
+3 Minsc :black101:
+1 Dynaheir
+1 Imoen

Garbageman
Jun 6, 2004

Here I come! Too-Too-Toodlin' along!

+3 to Kivan. He must have his vengeance!
+2 to Imoen she's been pretty sturdy so far.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

JT Jag posted:

For the record, I've already cast my votes, but I think the best party composition (balancing party dynamics and party capability) would be:

Minsk
Dynaheir
Imoen
Kivan
A Priest (don't particularly care if it's Branwen or Gavin, even Viconia is fine, don't really care for Tiax though)

I don't think going for an optimal party is a very good idea. If anything, it ensures that the more interesting (but low-level) characters become even worse and less likely to be voted for.

I didn't vote for Mur-Neth, but I applaud everybody who did. This game needs more weirdness.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
Branwen
Dynaheir
Rose
Shar-Teel
Viconia

It's ladies night.
And the feeling's right.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

-5 Dynaheir

Still wanna see a BG run where she's benched. Plus, thou thou thee thou thee.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

JGBeagle posted:

+2 to Will Scarlett O'Hara

+2 to Imoen

+1 to Thorfinn Hauskluniff

I guess somebody had to throw out the pity votes.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
+ 1 to Imoen, you can't go adventuring without your lifelong buddy.

+ 1 to Branwen, I think she deserves to get revenge with those amazones.

+ 1 to Xan, i realy like to see if he turns into a proper killing machine if he levels a few times.

+ 1 to Kuvan maybe if he kills his demons fom the past he can finally drop the mopey emo persona.

+ 1 to Kagain, the party is going to need some muscle/meatshield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sejs Cube
Jan 29, 2009

Steal back Death? That sounds ... tricky.
-5 to Shar-Teel, the mod poo poo with her is awful and I'd gladly never see it again.

• Locked thread