Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Is the staff of the ram in here somewhere? I remember that being all sorts of fun. Enemies go flying! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Actually there is one weapon that's better, but to say what it is would be going into spoiler territory.

You have to kill a guy with -20 AC to get it, though. So it's sort of fair unless you exploit his AI.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well most of what the + modifiers even mean endgame is what it's allowed to hit.

But yeah that's some broken poo poo the game arbitrarily decided to give out :psyduck:

The spergin' stuff like the Tactics component I think is being referred to is something unrelated.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If you mean what I said, I'm referring to an encounter that is in base BG1.

The encounter in question is tough, but worth a ton of EXP if you can do it. Which is impossible without exploiting the game. I wonder how this LP will do it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Well I thought you were referring to that stupid acid sword that Tactics adds if you allow it but I don't know offhand that guy's AC. He's not in BG1.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
Voting that you raise Ben Stiller, even if you end up ditching him later. I'm rather regretting that Monty and Eldoth got corpsed even though I'd have voted for that at the time, I just like the idea of the pub packed with every possible party member.

Generally, I'd like to see this game go as far off the rails as possible, rather than veering back to canon party + banter mod. And at least demonstrate any ridiculous loot, even if you pack it away afterwards because it makes the game no fun. I'm here to witness a trainwreck :colbert:

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Tag Plastic posted:

Voting that you raise Ben Stiller, even if you end up ditching him later. I'm rather regretting that Monty and Eldoth got corpsed even though I'd have voted for that at the time, I just like the idea of the pub packed with every possible party member.

Generally, I'd like to see this game go as far off the rails as possible, rather than veering back to canon party + banter mod. And at least demonstrate any ridiculous loot, even if you pack it away afterwards because it makes the game no fun. I'm here to witness a trainwreck :colbert:

I would hope no one came into this thread expecting anything but.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

ShiningForceHero posted:

I came in here in the hopes of seeing Saerileth get killed. It's kinda cathartic :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

ShiningForceHero posted:

I sorta expected a decent story with good writing. :shobon:

But by Sune's flaming red locks that is some utterly ridiculous stuff. :aaa:

And I'm voting on resurrecting Will even if it means we'll dump in in Jovial Juggler or Friendly Arm in at some point in the future. No need to turn the majority of our party members into corpses is there now?

Also we need more butt kicking for goodness. It's what Minsc would want us to do even if he is not in our group yet. :colbert:

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
The OP is doing a great job so far and I am really enjoying this thread, but c'mon, when you have something like this where almost every mod made is included, no matter how awful or weird, you have to realize what you are walking into.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tag Plastic posted:

I'm rather regretting that Monty and Eldoth got corpsed even though I'd have voted for that at the time, I just like the idea of the pub packed with every possible party member.

My last BG1 runthrough culminated with 30 party forming a human avalanche to bury Savvy. I'm looking forward to the same in this thread, except with 500 party members.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Heh, you guys are all declaring the game broken with us finding a silly +3 sword and some gauntlets, while I'm desperately hoping it'll be enough to let me survive the level 2 mines. Kobolds, kobolds as far as the eye can see...

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So are those weapons 'supposed' to drop there, or did you just get obscenely lucky with the RNG?

Also, it's nice that everyone's talking about the game being utterly broken in half and all, but this early, you're still one lucky shot away from half the party being disembowelled, as Ben Stiller found out to his regret. When the party gets a few more levels and some decent armour behind them, yeah, we can discuss what to do with the new toys, but for now, I'd say keep them, since they'll need every edge they can get.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Those weapons are supposed to drop there, it wasn't random. I'm not sure which mod it was but Mommy and Daddy are hardcoded there.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Shugojin posted:

I came in here in the hopes of seeing Saerileth get killed. It's kinda cathartic :v:

Wait... you want me to kill a 15 year old girl? You monster!

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
God, there I was, thinking that I would never re-install Baldur's Gate again.

Vorgen posted:

That's still better than what the modder expects you to do to her!

VVV Don't worry, I'm kidding! I think. VVV

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 14, 2011

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Comrade Question posted:

Oh gods. :gonk:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Cooked Auto posted:

Oh gods. :gonk:

Just be glad I'm not subjecting you all to the Imoen romance. She's your half-sister, you know, but that won't stop ~*TrUe LoVe*~.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Vorgen posted:

Just be glad I'm not subjecting you all to the Imoen romance. She's your half-sister, you know, but that won't stop ~*TrUe LoVe*~.

I never finished the first game and jumped into the second on release without much thought. I remember wondering why, with all the much-touted romance options, they never allowed you to put the moves on Imoen, seeing as how she'd be an obvious choice. Needless to say, when I finally found out, I felt a little... silly for wondering.

I did hear there was one version of the Imoen romance mod that was actually very well-written. But for most people, that doesn't really matter when you're talking about banging your technical-sibling, Westermark effect be damned.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
For once I would like to see an evil romance option that didn't skimp on the evil. Screw redemption, I want Bonnie and Clyde, or Harley Quinn and the Joker.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Vorgen posted:

Those weapons are supposed to drop there, it wasn't random. I'm not sure which mod it was but Mommy and Daddy are hardcoded there.

If you don't know which mod it is, how do you know it's hardcoded? :confused: I would have suspected a drop randomization mod here, since those items are unique and found at specific locations in vanilla BG2.

Vorgen posted:

I'm more inclined to let her get kidnapped by demons and then leaving her there.

Comrade Question posted:

VVV Don't worry, I'm kidding! I think. VVV

I think her epilogue has you spawning children somewhere close to the double digits, so it's pretty obvious what they expect you to do to her. Multiple times.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
If you actually go through the romance, saerileth ends up pregnant before you finish Throne of Bhaal. I only know that because someone on bay12 did a lets play. I think it was bay12 anyway. Somewhere creepy.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Vorgen posted:

And then I am suddenly reminded of a screenshot I saw once of a BG mod that involved Imoen and the main character having a conversation with him scolding her for something she had done and then one of the options were that you apparently had enough of her antics and pushed her down to the ground and raped her in order to teach her a lesson.
Yeah...

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

And then I am suddenly reminded of a screenshot I saw once of a BG mod that involved Imoen and the main character having a conversation with him scolding her for something she had done and then one of the options were that you apparently had enough of her antics and pushed her down to the ground and raped her in order to teach her a lesson.
Yeah...

Lord Mirrabo's Imoen romance mod; probably the most infamous mod of a Bioware game, with only Dances with Rogues for competition.

Once, a few years after BG2 had come out I was telling a friend about the game and he had heard a bit about the game online and thought that the content from the mod was part of the original game. That was a funny though slightly confused conversation.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Vorgen posted:

Yes. Yes I do. It's a revenge thing. :v:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Psalmanazar posted:

For once I would like to see an evil romance option that didn't skimp on the evil. Screw redemption, I want Bonnie and Clyde, or Harley Quinn and the Joker.

Hmmm... maybe that's what its like romancing Shar-Teel? I really have no idea.

vilkacis posted:

If you don't know which mod it is, how do you know it's hardcoded? :confused: I would have suspected a drop randomization mod here, since those items are unique and found at specific locations in vanilla BG2.

I've played through earlier versions of the Big Picture mod, getting most of the way through Baldur's Gate. Mommy and Daddy are always there and always drop that loot. It doesn't really turn out so bad having solidly effective weapons from a low level. The game is still quite challenging.

King Doom posted:

If you actually go through the romance, saerileth ends up pregnant before you finish Throne of Bhaal. I only know that because someone on bay12 did a lets play. I think it was bay12 anyway. Somewhere creepy.

Do you end up carting around a baby, like you do with the Aerie romance?

Shugojin posted:

Yes. Yes I do. It's a revenge thing. :v:

Oh my.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, mostly just do not even consider letting her in the party because it's not even funny, it's just terrible and creepy. I don't know what the gently caress I was thinking. Including that was a bad, bad idea.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
You did the world a great service, Shugojin. Through your blood and tears scores of unsuspecting internet folk have avoided stepping onto a pedo landmine. Seriously, without having read that LP I don't think I ever could have guessed how incredibly awful that mod is.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Man this update has grown to be about 2x any previous updates. Its out of control!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

12 Mirtul, 1369

Keldath Ormlyr also honors a bandit scalp bounty, and by collecting on some more of those we happen to have around, we put together enough money to raise Will.

We welcome him back, but he doesn't say anything. For a bard, he sure is quiet. I give him his ring, telling him what I know of it. He slips it on his finger.

On the way out of the temple, I notice a Sirine in the outer courtyard which I did not coming in. Her red-haired beauty is undeniable, so I approach her.

What kind of aid can I give you?

Do you sell magical healing, or scrolls?

The Most Radiant of Lathander Kelddath Ormlyr should be able to help you with this, my good man. He can be found in the Song of the Morning Temple.

Is there anything else you wish to know?

Can you tell us about the lands nearby?

You are now in Beregost, my good man. It was a village once, under the protection of the School of Wizardry. The Ulcaster School it was called, for it was founded by Ulcaster, a conjurer of some renown, but it was ruined by Calishate mages out of fear.

But the Most Radiant of Lathander, Kelddath Ormlyr, frowns upon us talking of this haunted place, let alone approaching it.

Craumerdaun family of Amn has estates nearby and they breed fine horses, highly prized in Amn and Tethyr.

To northwest stands High Hedge, the estate of Thalantyr the Conjurer. He is a loner, I think, and doesn't welcome visitors. However, he's said to be interested in far-off places and things, so if you have anything peculiar for sale, you might try your luck.

Please, tell me about this temple.

*Rashel's face lights up with pride.* The Song of the Morning is the name of our Temple, consecrated in the name of the Morning Lord, Lathander. We protect the good people of Beregost. The servants of the Morning Lord also tend temple fields of potatoes and herb flowers east of the road, and keep sheep on the slopes of the hill topped by the ruined school of Ulcaster.

The sheep are more easily watched there, preventing theft and raiding beasts from ravaging them. It allows us some control over expeditions into the ruins and to prevent expansion of Beregost.

Over the years, various Amnian merchants have shown a distressing tendency to lay claim to all land within easy reach of the Coast Way that's not strongly defended.

When are you getting off? I have seen a cozy inn nearby, and was wondering if you'd join me for dinner?

I am flattered by your interest in my humble persona, but my heart belongs to the Morning Lord, to whom I serve and to whom all my time belongs.

So be it, but you do not know what you are missing!

May the light of the Morning Lord guide you.

Is there anything worse than being godblocked? We continue on out of the courtyard to see another man, perhaps standing guard. I decide to talk to him as well.

We could use a little divine intervention.

Couldn't we all? Is your need great?

Not really. But general well-wishes are always helpful.

Well, I might be able to help you there.

By your bearing and your equipment, you seem to be adventurers. Could you use a cleric of Lathander in your party?

Watcha think, Syvishtar, we could use a cleric, and he seems nice.

Syvishtar, we do see our share of battle. It may serve us well to have another cleric along.

Y-you know, Syvishtar, he does l-look like a good fellow.

Yes, I think we could use your help.

I shall gladly join you, if you wish me to, as long as you and your party strive to do good.

Welcome aboard.

Gameplay note: And now it's time to take a look at yet another character.

Pretty good wisdom, strength, and constitution, although not amazing. But hey that's what you need to be a cleric and that's what he is. He is also an actual Morninglord of Lathander.

This is the first true cleric class we've seen in the game, (Jaheria's Priest of Sylvanus doesn't count) and so it's time to explain the Divine Remix mod. The short version is that the mod divides up all the cleric spells in the game into spheres, and gives major, minor, or no acccess to several spheres to different clerics of different gods. That's a 3rd edition thing, right? Anyways, they ported it into here. So some clerics will get access to some spells, while others get access to other spells. If you're really interested in the details you can download the mod, which comes with a handy two-pane spreadsheet that details which clerics get which spells. Also, all clerics get a Spiritual Weapon that they can summon once per day, and some special abilities. As you can see from the description, Morninglords of Lathander get extra Blesses, Hold Undeads, Heals, and Greater Restorations as innate abilities as they level up. Lets check out his spellbook.

He has all the spells that Jaheira has, which we won't look at a second time. But he has several more as well.

This is a pretty useful spell, basically a single-target stun. The enemy falls to the ground and becomes a non-factor. I think if you hit them they wake back up and go after you again though.

Again, I don't know when this would be useful. Detecting good is actually more useless than detecting evil. People who aren't attacking you are probably the good ones. Strange that a Morninglord of Lathander would have this though. Perhaps Gavin is more of an inquisitor type?

A quick and easy ranged combat spell. 10 +1 sling bullets as if fired from a +1 sling, and you don't even have to have the sling! The biggest advantage here is the 1d4+5 against undead. It's easy to forget about this spell when fighting undead but you shouldn't. I shouldn't.

This is the #1 spell most appreciated by children going to sleep at night. It's also a double-strength bless rolled in together with a double-strength curse. It's only single-target though, so it's also important to look forward to the higher-level version Protection of Evil 10' Radius. Oh, and when we get into summoning demons this spell will keep the demons from attacking us first, which is a really nice touch I think.

AoE anti-fear! Essential when fighting dragons. Or mages that cast Horror. Or priests that cast Fear. It's really useful a lot of the time. Essential pre-battle buff.

Cast Sanctuary, walk around healing everybody, life is good and everyone loves you. If you're doing a solo cleric run, this spell is essential. Always good to have around in a fight.

So, Gavin just basically schooled Jaheira here. Jaheria can't put us to sleep, protect us from evil or fear, or be a sanctuary in the middle of battle. In turn, Gavin can't use a crossbow as well as Jaheira will be able to some day. Also he dosen't have a frightened Duskblade following him around. Plus or minus?

Gavin doesn't waste any time getting to know the party.

All right. Why don't you introduce yourself properly.

I've said that I'm a cleric of Lathander. I was born in Ulgoth's Beard, but I entered the service of the temple as a novice when I was twelve. Can it really be sixteen years ago? Anyway, I have been a Dawnbringer, or full priest, nine years, now.

So why did you become a cleric?

It is rather unlikely, isn't it? My parents were certainly never overly religious. But I always had a strong reverence for Lathander, though, and felt his presence in my life moreso than any of the other gods my family worshipped. My mother worshipped Lathander especially, though, so maybe that isn't so strange.

Shortly before I joined the order, I found that with Lathander's power moving through me, I could do things other young people my age could not.

But how about you?

Well, you know my name is Syvishtar, and I was raised in Candlekeep by a sage named Gorion. It was a fairly typical childhood really.

That is one of the best childhoods a person could have. Did you like Candlekeep?

No, it was a bore. It was a small town with nothing to do. I'm glad to be out of there.

Well, we're certainly seeing the world, now.

We go back to our canvassing of Beregost. I don't expect any more fighting, so I first stop by the Jovial Juggler and drop off Will Scarlet.
[For some reason he doesn't have the same dialogue option as the other NPCs] Then we continue our town exploration; or, Jaheira does. We mostly try to keep up. Those boots make her twice as fast as the rest of us. She comes out of one house and tells us the spiders are there.

Great! We can finally finish our first job. But when we go in, Gavin screams.

I try to cast Color Spray, but instead spectral vines reach up through the floor and wrap themselves around me. Sometimes it is hard to understand what the magic is trying to say. I switch to my bow. Khalid rushes the 3 spiders in the back and begins to hold them all off while the rest of us beat on the one next to Imoen. I don't know why this is happening. Imoen hits it with a Magic Missile, and it curls up dead. We move onto the next.

Gavin is the only one to get hit by the spiders, and Jaheira heals him easily. The specral vines have not yet let me go, so Imoen looks around the room. When Imoen picks up the spider's corpse, Gavin has another panic attack.

Guy really doesn't like spiders, I guess. Imoen also finds the wine and the boots that the lady mentioned before.

I'm pretty sure we have locked this job down. By this time the vines have released me, so we continue on our mad rampage across Beregost. As we are walking down the alleys and byways, Gavin asks a question.

Imoen's my oldest friend, and she's right here.

That must be a comfort. It's important to keep your friends near you.

Meh. It's a habit. I don't like to be alone.

It's only natural, but no one can be with their friends all the time.

I still keep in touch with my family, of course, and most of the friends I've made over the years, but sometimes, you need to do things alone. The rest of my friends will understand.

What is so important, that you have to do it alone?

Just raising money for someone in my family... nothing I'd want to burden any friends with.

Hmmm. Is this a really indirect way to ask for money? Jaheira reports no success yet in finding Tulbor.

She seems to be used to doing this. As experienced adventurers, I'm sure she and Khalid do this in every town they visit.

I am no thief. My apologies for having scared you.

Then what possible reason do you have for being in my house? The door was closed. There is no "accidental" way to bypass it. Please, if you have no business here then leave.

Jaheira speedily marches on. I can follow her progress throughout the town via the shouts and screams of indignation. She motions us over to one house in particular. We go inside to see someone we recognize.

The excitment in recognizing someone from Candlekeep here in Beregost makes my heart pound and my head dizzy. There's so much I want to ask, so much I want to tell... but then I remain silent. There might be too many questions, painful questions, if I talk about even half of what has happened to me lately. Instead I just smile at the nice man and remember his house for a later date. Just across the street from Firebead's house is Feldepost's Inn, so we decide to check it out.

Just like back at the Friendly Arm, we get accosted by a drunk. But this one isn't friendly.

Heh, you tell 'em Marl.

We just ignore him and go talk to the bartender.

Then I hope this will help for me. I found this letter south of here, and would like to deliver it. Do you know where Mirianne lives?

This may help, but if I were you I'd keep a low profile nonetheless.

Mirianne lives in a house just north of master Thunderhammer's shop, you can't miss it.

Do you still have Will's flail?

Certainly... But to take it out of pledge you hae to pay. 1000 gp plus interest for default.

Hmm, maybe later.

We start to look around, perhaps to find Tulbor, when Marl gets in our face again.

No need to get all bent out of shape. There's plenty of bar for us all.

Hey, I take whatever shape I want! I'm sick of you freakish adventureres going out, consorting with gods know what, and dragging your trouble back into my home town! What do you say to that!?

Whoa, go easy. Let's keep it friendly. How 'bout I buy you and the rest of the bar a round?

I ain't your friend, you ain't mine, and it'll be a cold day on the ninth plane before I drink with the likes of you! Best ye keep your filthy dungeon money to yourself! Better yet, how 'bout I put you and your dead money back in the ground where it belongs!

Then he punches Imoen in the face.

Almost everybody jumps him. Wolf, cat, Khalid, and Jaheira. Imoen runs over to Jaheira who heals her quickly. Gavin just stands there in stunned silence. But I tell my pets to move off of him, and Khalid to back away. I walk up to the idiot, holding my Serpent Shaft which glows green in the dim inn interior. Without a word we began to fight. It doesn't last long.

I loot the few gold off his corpse out of principle, and we leave, heading towards the center of town. When we get there we hear a town crier yelling the news.

Five thousand gold!? We could afford platemail for 2 fighters with that money! Holy crap! I've got to track down this Bassilus guy. I decide to ask the tiny man next to the crier for more information.

So you wish to aid me.. and in return... I help you... dominate the planet. Ohhhhhkay. Just let me know when you are going to "ascend."

'Twas fated by Cyric to be so. Let us go forth and make short work of your tasks, for greater things will need attendance.

Gameplay note: It's funny cuz it's ironic. You, the player, actually do ascend and become a god, and Tiax turns out to be just a poser. Cyric specifically opposes you, because he currently has the portfolio that you will assume when you ascend. Cyric personally visits you in your abyssal pocket plane to have a little talk and give you a little test. But what he should have done was pay more attention to Tiax way, way back at level 1 and maybe he wouldn't have had you as a problem in the first place. He should have had Tiax murder you in your sleep. Let us take a closer look at our potential murderer.

He is the dumbest gnome ever to walk around as a cleric. He's only got 13 wisdom. Doesn't that mean he can only cast up to level 3 spells?

It says he's a cleric/thief up top, but he's more precisely a Strifeleader of Cyric/thief as you can see on the side. Strifeleaders of Cyric are part of the Divine Remix mod too and are quite complicated.

He has some spells that Gavin does not have, and is also missing one that Gavin has.

Yep, the Cause Wounds line of spells is restricted to only evil clerics in this mega-mod. That makes Tiax more unique. Although I've never been one to use Cause Wounds. Does it heal the undead? I can't remember.

Protection from Good is also of limited usefulness - are you going to cast it before you slaughter a town full of peasants? Nevertheless, Tiax has it. There is one spell that he is missing that both Gavin and Jaheira have, which is Entangle. Tiax also has the ability Summon Ghast. This is a character-related thing and I didn't notice that before. I've never used the guy. Ghasts can paralyze enemies and rip them to shreds. They are very frustrating to fight at low levels, so conversely they must be excellent summoned creatures to have around then! Tiax is wearing leather armor, and has a sling and a mace.

I look askance at the gnome priest with a mixture of fascination and hilarity. Would he flip out if we just burst out laughing? I risk a look at Imoen. She is studiously not looking at me, no doubt in some attempt to exert self-control. Clearing my throat, I suggest we continue our search.

We continue to go house-to-house, until Tiax emits a strange frustrated sound and speaks.

Don't worry, Tiax. You'll dominate the world on schedule, I assure you.

Tiax supposes you're correct. Nothing short of Cyric himself can even delay Tiax's destiny! If you're all moving at the pace of snails, it must be because Tiax's destiny is closer at hand than ever, and Cyric sees no need to rush! Onward, lackeys, to Tiax's glory!

Petty merchant group? Does this gnome know more about Tulbor than he's letting on? We keep going, stepping into an office of some kind.

Ummmm, What kind of shop is this anyhow?

I run an escort business. I hire mercenaries to escort caravans on route from Amn to Baldur's Gate. Right now I'm lookin' for some strong sword arms, and I'm willing to pay high. It seems that one of the caravans under my protection never arrived at Baldur's Gate, and I need to know what happened. You look like a strong group of warriors; interested in a job?

Sure, we always need more money, tell us more.

That's good. I've been having a lot of problems with bandit activity lately, but they've always only taken the cargo and let the caravan go afterward. I've been catching flak from the family of some of the passengers of this caravan, after all it was the job of my mercenaries to make sure everyone got safely to Baldur's Gate. Normally I wouldn't give one drat about some stupid whiner, but one of the passengers was the son of Entar Silvershield, and in this part of the world, his word is law. So, do you want the job or not?

Well, there sure is trouble on the roads. I hae seen some myself.

Never is enough hirelings around t' do the job proper. D'ya have any experience?

We battled a bandit group that had just killed everyone in a caravan up North. Any chance this pin was from one of yours?

Well, this is Silvershield's son's marker. Dead, y'say? That was one of my caravans. Guess I'm in a lot of trouble now. With him dead, I'll be a wanted dwarf. Well, since my reputation is now mud, how 'bout I help you gain revenge on those scum bags? P'rhaps you can put in a word for me with the Silvershields. Whadda ya say?

Sure, we could use your skills.

Now 'bout that hiring thing I promised. Here, have some gold, but I expect my share of the booty from ya. I am poor now.

We take on Kagain, and I send Gavin back to the Song of the Morning Temple. He says he'll wait for us there.

Gameplay note: Ok, another potential party member!

The important thing to note here is that Kagain has 19 CON. Makes him a good tank. He's already got 16 hit points at level 1 and it's just going to go up from there. He is also a Troll Slayer.

Having 5 proficiency slots in the sword and shield style sounds pretty crazy. Also, he's excellent when we run into trolls, of course, and great before then too. As a mage, I always appreciate good meat walls to hide behind. He comes wearing studded leather, a helmet, a (totally useless) girdle, and wields a shield and an axe.

Solid guy we have here. Lets move on.

Will this town never end?

It's raining as we walk to the Burning Wizard Inn. We are approached by a naive-looking young man.

We're always on the lookout for money, tell us more.

I'm Garrick and I work for Silke Rosena. She's the most skilled musician and actor along the Sword Coast; in fact, she's to play at the Duchal palace before the month's done. But... she's been having some problems of late. Some thugs have been hired by Feldepost to hurt her bad, because she didn't perform at his inn when she was supposed to. You can't blame her for not showing up, what with a villain like Feldepost running the place. She needs mercenaries to protect her until she's ready to go to Baldur's Gate. She's willing to pay about 300 gold. What do you say?

That sounds fair, why don't you show us to this mistress of yours.

I think you've made a good decision, now just meet me outside of the Red Sheaf Inn.

We follow him around the corner and up the street to the Red Sheaf Inn. Silke is waiting.

Garrick is not little! Good thing ya're an actress, not a painter; would have been a problem bein' blind, huh. 'Cause if ya don't see for yourself how tall he is, ya sure are blind!

I offered them 300 gold, just like you told me.

Well then, I assume that Garrick has explained what your duties are. You must simply dispose of the ruffians when they come to threaten me. They shouldn't be too hard to deal with, but I would advise you to strike fast. Whatever you do: don't speak with them. One of them is a mage whose mystic words can sway even the wisest of men.

We wait around for a few minutes until the thugs show up.

Greeting Silke. We're here as you've asked, and we have the...

Don't try to threaten me! I won't be easy prey for you to beat on, I've brought friends!

What are you talking about? We're here with the gems that...

Shut up! There'll be no weaseling out of this one. STRIKE NOW! Kill them all!

They're as good as dead!

Don't even let one of them live!

What are you doing Silke?!? Have you gone mad? These are innocent men you're attacking!

Your sniveling altruism has always made me sick, Garrack. Shut up and stay out of my way.

The other guys attack. Jaheira quickly takes one out with a crossbow bolt. I try to cast Color Spray to incapacitate them. Then everyone starts screaming, including me.

Later I would realize that it wasn't everyone who was screaming. Silke kept her head, and Kagain did too. He calmly walked up to the guys, one by one, and executed them as they ran around screaming.

Then he sat down in the middle of the street and waited for us all to get over ourselves. When I recover from my own spell and walk back, the dwarf has a few choice words for me.

One must start somewhere. The troubles that plague the Coast have become mine, and I shall pursue them as I may.

I may as well stick to ye, then. Them bandits be bidding fair to him me in as well.

When Tiax gets back, he also has something to say about what had just happened.

Tiax rules!

So... exactly what do you want me to do? Dropkick a baby off a cliff?

That's a start! Maybe set a few Paladins on fire while you're at it, or hack apart some old ladies. Whatever it takes to prove your worth to Tiax! Cyric demands blood and cruelty! Supply it, or Tiax will no longer guide this group! Tiax will grant you some small time to mend your attitude. Tiax walks if Cyric has not been sated!

Alright, alright. Whatever you say.

Tiax will not be shunned! You are forgiven for now, but dare not to misstep again, slave!

I'm starting to rethink the idea of having this gnome follow me around. I think darker thoughts as I talk to Silke again.

Do you always trust so blindly, Syvishtar? Could you not see that these men were no thugs, and that we were tricked into killing them? Just to avoid any further mishaps, I should take over the leadership from now on. You have proven to be unfit for the role.

Do not listen to the ramblings of a bitter woman, my good Lord. You have done well.

Jaheira's words cut like a knife, and I look down at the gold in my hand. She was right. I should not have gone along with that. But I just wanted money. And now we have it. I make a promise to myself to never do anything like that again. I turn and walk away, back to the Burning Wizard.

When we step in, I see something disturbing.

Don't try that! Gimme back me money, now!

Please, I don't know what yer talkin about! O-ow, it hurts! My wrist!

[She looks at you.]

Help me!

Hey, what's going on here? Let the girl go!

Oh, thank you!

[She massages her wrist.]

What do ya want now?

Just know what's going on. Why were you holding the girl?

I was just passing by when--

I was 'ere drinkin' when she stole me money bag! Just wanna take it back!

That's not true! I-I swear, I didn't take anything! At all!

I'm not a moron enough to let you go away with me belongings!

Can't you just be mistaken? You drank so much!

And how much, by chance, would have you been robbed of?

I didn't take anything!

My whole money bag! There were at least 30.. No.. 40 gold pieces in it!

See? He's tryin' to gain easy money! He don't even know how much he has, let alone know what he's sayin'!

What are ya..! Lil' slut!

You've drank way too much!

Maybe he doesn't remember, but you're trying too hard to make me believe you to be innocent. You stole his money, right?

What? No! I--

Of course she did!

Oh, what the hell!

I'm really growing tired of this. Take these 10 coins and let's end it here.

Ye don't have to! He's trying to trick ya!

10 coins?? What's that supposed to mean? I just want my money back!

Look, I think you're a bit too high to think clearly, but I don't know if you're right or wrong about the girl. I cannot give you all the money you claim to have lost, and 10 coins are better than nothing. Take or leave, I'd say.

Be honest and leave, sir!

drat ye! drat ye all! Gimme that drat 10 coins!

And you better not cross my road again, girl!

The commoner walks out of the tavern, hopefully never to be seen again. I look at Jaheira, trying to gauge her reaction to what I've done. I was trying to be good just then. Rose walks over to us at the same time, presumably to thank us.

Don't mention it. I'm Syvishtar, by the way.

I'm Rose, pleased to meet ya! Here, this is your share. *smiles*

Consider it a thank you for what you did!

My.. Share? So you DID steal his money!

*giggle* He should watch his bag a bit more carefully.. Even if he spotted me. I should've been more careful too..

Well, this time it worked out fine anyway. You'll have plenty of time ot practice. Maybe not on me anyway!

Talkin' 'bout that.. I wanted to leave town for a while already. Would ye mind if I join ya for a lil' travel?

Not at all! You're welcome, Rose. But be warned I don't know where my travels will lead.. And it may be dangerous.

Don't worry, I know how to defend myself.

I kick out Tiax to make room for the hottie.

I tell him to wait for us at the Jovial Juggler.

Tiax is pleased by your creative subservience. Upon your return, the lowly denizens of this inn will be worshiping the glory that is Tiax!

Gameplay note: I'm trying to collect all the NPCs in Beregost and gather them together in the Jovial Juggler but I keep forgetting how many there are. This one is special, though. Rose is an interesting treat. Lets take a look at her.

Excellent CHA and DEX. Acceptable CON. INT is one point too low for her maximum spell slots, but it might be worth investing one of those INT-boosting books into her, because she's a White Dragon Disciple.

Ooooh, dragon breath twice a day! Oooh, eventually cold immune at level 17! Oooh, bonus AC every 3 levels! She seems like a cool one. But right now she doesn't have any special abilities or spells, and she's only got a spear and a crossbow, even though her specializations are in short swords and darts. Weird.

After that disaster, I try to talk to another patron of the bar to see if anybody's seen Tulbor.

Where?!

Oh, Hades, he picked your pocket, Syvishtar, while ya were gawkin' 'round!

Who, me?

Damnit! This is thief central! Why can't Imoen protect me from this type of thing? I leave the Burning Wizard in disgust. And with few places left in this town to explore, we head to the Red Sheaf.

Why are you doing this? I've done nothing to you.

You've done nothing to anyone, far as I know. Don't matter one whit to me. A price is a price and a head is a head, and whenever the two meet, there's old Karlat makin' his living. Like I said, it's nothing personal.

And with that he attacks! Karlat gets an early hit in on Khalid, but then Jaheria moves in to heal.

Karlat is also attacked from behind by a bar patron. About time somebody helped us out with these bounty hunters! Karlat also gets a good hit in on Kagain, but Kagain doesn't seem to care.

Jaheira heals him anyway. Everyone else is shooting arrows at the enemy dwarf while Rose hums a merry tune. Unfortunately Karlat has healing potions, and he's not shy about using them either. It all looks like it's actually going Karlat's way, until Jaheria gets in a lucky crossbow bolt to his eye.

He loses heart and tries to make a break for it as he drinks what may be his last healing potion - but there is nowhere to run.

Jaheira is on a roll today, and gets the killing blow.

After taking a short breather, I want to find out who helped us in this long and tense battle. Turns out it's another face I recognize!

I wish I could say it was my first assassin, but such events grow common for me as of late.

How terrible for you! I cannot imagine why an assassin would plague one such as you! You seem a fair enough sort!

If you recall, my duties for the temple of Deneir charge me to establish a new library in Nashkel. With all the focus on the mines there, the people are woefully illiterate, and it is my duty to provide them with the tools to gain knowledge.

I have a list of future works to collect and my latest book in hand. I am free as a bird to continue my journey searching for the others.

You... you have recently come from the road. Perhaps you could use my skills if more assassins give you trouble? It is a dangerous time to travel the Sword Coast alone, and I confess I have not enjoyed my solitude this trip as much as in the past.

I could use some more help with healing on the road. Say, Finch, would you like to join me in my travels? I am sure we will run across an exotic tome or two.

That sounds like a most propitious proposal! Let us be off!

I switch her out for Kagain, and send him to the Jovial Juggler.

Gameplay note: And here we have YET ANOTHER potential party member! Finch is a cleric of Deneir, called the Scribe of Oghma.

She's got not-too-amazing stats all around. Clerics of Deneir are not part of the Divine Remix, so their abilities are quite simple.

She looks to have the same spell selection as Gavin, with the absence of Sunscorch, Entangle, and Fairy Dust. So all-around a solid cleric.

She's equipped with leather armor, a flail, a sling and some bullets. She's also carrying around her bookbag and some books. But her coolest item is her glasses.

There's currently nothing inside.

And that's Finch!

After making small talk with Finch about books, and tomes, and scrolls, I tear myself away long enough to talk to other patrons in the bar. First one I find is Perdue.

Uh, can't say that I have...

Yeah, yeah.

Is everyone in this town batshit crazy? Then, in the corner, I see a shady character that might very well be the man we seek.

You are Tulbor, right? Look here: your name is mentioned in here. What do you have to say to this?

Oh, how sweet. He mentioned me in his *diary*.

For you this is no honor at all. It proves you are the vendor of the elixir that turned Eltolth into a slime!

Eltolth transformed himself into a... ha ha ha! That just *had* to happen! He was so keen on it! I did warn him, you know.

Stop this nonsense! There's a man in his house, transformed into a slime and a desperate woman at his side! Now tell me how Eltolth can be transformed back into his normal shape!

Oh dear, how pathetic. Now you listen: maybe I sold this elixir to Eltolth, but there was nothing wrong with that! I'm no criminal... the potion was absolutely fine!

"Ah, now this potion *does* work... Let's take another sip... Ah, and another one... and another... But ooh, what happens now?"

I *told* him to be careful, not to overdose. Now he has to live with the consequences. That's my selling principle: no warranty! He knew that, so if he is in need of an antidoe he has to pay for it like every decent customer!

Do you have such an antidote? What would it cost?

Incidentally, I have such an elixir that would be needed in this case. And just to prevent any "misunderstandings," it's the standard elixir having the reverse effect. These are customers for both, you know! Taken in small sips, it will weaken, but taken in overdose, it also gives a nice strengthening effect. I don't tell that to people normally. If they knew about this effect, I wouldn't earn any money on the real strengthening potions anymore.

Ah, you are a lucky one: I can offer you the last sample. It'll be yours for the amount of 100 gold pieces.

Okay, I'll take it.

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Oh and make sure to take *all* of it! Goodbye.

As I walk out of the bar, I realize that I had forgotten to loot the dwarf merc. I check his body, and find a healing potion, some coins, some standard equipment, and a bounty notice for 350 gold. I must be moving up in the world. Before taking the potion back, I stop by what must be Mirianne's house to give her the letter we picked up south of town.

Actually, I already found this letter on the road just south of town. I think it's what you were waiting for. Here, take it.

Oh, thank you for such good tidings. Please, let me give you this ring to keep you safe in your travels.

Mirianne gives us a magical ring, which we try to identify. But something is wrong with Finch's glasses, so we ask to sleep for a while at Mirianne's house. She graciously agrees.

Heh-ha!

Ugh! Worms... and honey!

Get a lookit your face! Haha! Ol' Puffguts never boggled his eyes so!

Imoen? You put this mess in my bedding?

Sure I did! Who else would?

But... but why?

I had to settle the score, what wih you sockin' me back in Candlekeep. Some people get so testy about a little prank!

You glued my favorite bookmark to a volume of Netherese archaeology! Do you realize how rare those works are? If I had given you up to the monks, you'd have felt a sore spot worse than me losing my temper and throwing a wild punch!

Yeah, well, I kinda thought of that. That's why I didn't dump anything in your bookbag, and went for your bed-- hey!

Not a fun feeling?

My hair! Honey and yuck!

Now we're even, ha! I'll wash my feet and blankets while you soak your head.

Women.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 21, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Gameplay note: Oops, went over the post character limit!

After waking up, we go to see Alanna again, bringing the good news and good potion.

*Give the antidote* Here you go! This should retransform your neighbor into his former shape.

Oh, really? How... how wonderful! I will give it to him right away.

She walks over to the puddle of slime and pours the potion onto it. There's a shower of magic and suddenly a man is standing there.

Eltolth! Oh, Eltolth, what happened?

Alanna? Why... Oh my, what *was* this?!

You were transformed into a *slime*! Poor man! Are you all right?

I... think so. Seeing you now, I am, at least *ahem*... well, I am sorry I couldn't keep our appointment. We wanted to meet and have a talk about Faerun's flora... Seems I was a bit busy with the fauna instead. *embarrassed smile*

How could this happen, Eltolth?

Well, I... You know, there was this elixir vendor and he said...

Yes, go on?

Oh my lady, it's exactly this look in your eyes that made me drink this potion! I wanted to impress you, Alanna, my lady.

To impress? Me? What...

Lady Alanna, I have to tell you now, after you saw me like this. I bought a potion that is reputed to... to make a man more, well, masculine. You know, more muscles, broader shoulders, flatter belly...

Alanna, today I wanted to impress you so much. I wanted you to be stunned by my appearance, not only intellectually but also by my *ahem* looks. well, after drinking from the elixir, everything was going well, but somehow I wanted more and more, finally I drank too much. The process of body-reshaping got out of control and... well, you saw the result.

What an awkward situation! I only wanted to change my looks into something more...

There's no need for that, Eltolth.

...you know, more masculine...

I like you the way you are, Eltolth.

...to make my appearance a bit more... What was it you said?

I said, I like you the way you are! *tender smile* You beautiful, naive fool! Did you think I would listen to a lecture about plants if I'm not interested in the man talking?

Alanna... Is... is that true?

As true as the sun rises every morning.

Oh, sweet Alanna! You have made me so happy! Come into my arms!

Er... Who are the people standing beside us, by the way...?

Oh, this is Syvishtar, the one who rescued you, Eltolth!

I started to wonder whether I should give you a sign... the one who saved you, indeed. Alanna mentioned a reward?

Of course. Take these 100 gold pieces, it's all I can spare. I'm very thankful indeed. You did more than it might seem for us.

Let me give you back your notes. I used them to discover what happened here.

I would very much appreciate it if this incident would remain our "little" secret. Now please excuse us, Alanna and I have a lot to talk about. Farewell!

Gameplay note: For getting these two lovebirds together we gain 100 gold and 227 xp. But since it cost us 100 gold to get that potion we just break even. I was hoping for a reputation point but that is not to be had.

We step across the street and take a nap in the demon child's house. It is empty, of course. Perhaps we should perform a consecration? I do not dream. The next day we go to visit the blacksmith in order to sell some extra loot. Then its off to the Friendly Arm Inn to tell our employers we were finished! First stop was Unshey. I take off her girdle and give it back to her a little sheepishly.

And then it's upstairs to tell Landrin she can go home again.

We have to talk to her several times.

And, you there--the one with her nose in a book. Look at your elders when they speak to you, dearie.

Um, yes, ma'am? Sorry, sorry.

No need to look so worried. I won't bite you. Not like those spiders in my cellar! Heh!

Now, tell me, dearie. You haven't been living fast traveling with this band of adventurers, have you? Drinking, dancing in fountains, sowing your wild oats?

Oh, no, ma'am! I wouldn't! I wouldn't!

That's a crying shame. Youth is for being rowdy and foolish. The gnome girls of today! What a bag of dull socks!

Gameplay note: For killing the spiders, and delivering the old boots and the wine, we get 295 gold and 362 xp.

With our newfound wealth, we travel back to Beregost to finally buy the necklace from the old couple.

I have the money now. Are you still interested?

Thank you very very much. We... are very shy people, and maybe a bit too proud. *shy smile* You are a very generous and friendly person. We are indeed in your debt.

*You put 600 gp directly into Mr. Dudley's money bag, trying to be sure that he doesn't notice the extra gold.* I wish you all well.

Gameplay note: and for that we get a necklace and no xp or rep or anything. Curses!

Back outside, we run into Annie again.

Here, Annie, take the necklace back. It belongs to you, not me. You can keep it, as a present!

You... you are giving me Grandma's necklace? Ooh, that is wonderful! I have to tell all my friends. Thank you so much!

Smiling, I turn and make my way to the Jovial Juggler.

Gameplay note: Ok, FINALLY! Maybe Khalid and Jaheira will stop complaining so much now.

I walk into the Jovial Juggler and see a wealth of familiar faces. I smile and talk to them all. After a while, the conversation naturally turns to what we all do next. I suggest we go after Bassilus, and ask who is with me? The discussions last deep into the night.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 15, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Ok guys, we now have 12 possible companions, almost 3 full parties worth of people! Who will we take with us? You can pick 5. Remember Khalid and Jaheira are a couple and go together. I've written up a list of all our companions and put it in the OP with links to their stats and everything. Use it to make your choices.

I will take the final party selection and clear out the areas near Beregost with them, culminating with killing Bassilus. So keep that in mind when you make your party selection. After the death of Bassilus, we can come back to the Inn and re-do the party. I really like the idea of regularly switching out party members that was brought up earlier in the thread so lets do it!

Here's the list of our people:

Syvishtar's Standing Army - Characters who have fought, are fighting, or will fight by our side if asked

Finch: An extremely happy gnome Priest of Deneir, and a miniature librarian stereotype. Confirmed that unfortunately she does not come with a stand mount. Met briefly in Candlekeep gardens. Actually said "anyhoo" in conversation. Met her again at the Red Sheaf Inn in Beregost where she helped us kill Karlat, a dwarf mercenary trying to collect on the bounty on my head. Joined up with us after the fight.

Gavin: A human Morninglord of Lathander we met outside of the Song of the Morning Temple in Beregost. Very devout, and good in a fight. Older guy, and likes to talk.

Haiass: My wolf. I found him as a pup, next to his dead mother who had fallen down a ravine. There may or may not have been a beheading immediately before this - my memory is unclear. I raised him in secret, and by the time everybody found out I had already trained him to materialize out of thin air whenever I blew his whistle, even if he got screwed up by map transitions. This makes us inseparable. Has almost 3 times the hit points I do, making him a GREAT pet to have around.

Imoen: My childhood friend, partner in crime, and general troublemaker Imoen, the Charming Rogue. She reads letters that she's not supposed to. She also followed me out of Candlekeep and pledged to keep me company until I got tired of her. Nice girl, her.

Jaheira: A half-elf fighter/Priest of Sylvanus, and a very pushy woman. She says that she and Khalid often "look into" local concerns, and she wants us to all look into what's going down in Nashkel. Lets Khalid follow her around like a lost puppy.

Kagain: A dwarf Troll Slayer that was working as a mercenary in Beregost when we walked into his office. He wanted us to look for a lost caravan, but we had already found the remains of it, and showed him Silvershield's fibula. He quickly realized he was in a heap of trouble and offered to join up with us. Wonder if he will bring that trouble with him.

Khalid: A nerdy half-elf fighter who has read up on ancient elven spellcasting techniques enough to train himself as a Duskblade, and Jaheira's companion. Stutters. Gets scared a lot. Apparently a long-time friend of Gorion and interested in what's going on down in Nashkel. But mostly he's interested in everything that Jaheira is, because its just like that.

Kivan: An elf Archer we met outside of High Hedge. Said he had been hunting bandits for the past several months and that he would be happy to join with us if we were doing the same. When pressed, said that the bandit leader Tazok had killed someone dear to him. We took him in.

Rose: A half-elf White Dragon Disciple we first saw being accosted in the Burning Wizard Inn, but the man said she took his money. Silke had taught us the danger of a pretty face not five minutes before, so we didn't immediately side with the chick. We tried to mediate the situation, offering the man 10 gold to drop it. He did, cursing us all. After he left Rose gave us 23 gold, which was what she considered to be our cut. Clever girl.

Shar-Teel: A human Sellsword that met us on the road to Nashkel. Challenged our best warrior to a duel. Khalid stepped up to the plate and gave her a nice, solid cut. She capitulated and joined our party.

Tiax: This delusional gnome Strifeleader of Cyric/thief we found at the city center of Beregost. He recruited us into his cause of world domination without so much as an interview and has been haranguing us about it ever since.

Will Scarlet O'Hara: A human Troubadour who greeted us as soon as we got to Beregost. Very helpful, nice guy. Offered to join us in our adventures, so we accepted. Wields a flail in melee and is proud of it. Has 6,000 gold worth of equipment waiting to be bought from different places around town.

Xzar: Crazy Necromancer Imoen and I met on the road right after Gorion had died. Knew that we had been attacked, offered us a healing potion and then tried to guilt us into going to Nashkel with him and his half-pint thug Montaron. With nothing better to do, we joined up with them at first.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 15, 2011

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
You should drop Jaheira and Khalid. I mean, almost everyone has them in their party, they don't seem to have a lot of new dialog and they take up two slots that could be filled with horribly written characters with ridiculous custom classes.

And don't take Kagain, because I can't get over his reduced constitution. Worst modification to the game yet.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Take Imoen, Kivan, Kagain, Rose, and Finch.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
Finch, Gavin, Rose, Tiax, Kivan.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

quote:

That's a 3rd edition thing, right?

Actually it's Second edition system, where all clerical spells wind up in spheres based on the God. Third edition has a standard spell list plus extra spheres based on your God. Baldur's Gate originally used the First edition system with the standard spell list for all clerics.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Finch, Imoen, Rose, Gavin, Shar-Teel, Kagain. Keep Haiass.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah, the quest with Garrick one of the few things I actually remember from when I attempted to play BG1 years ago. Not that I could never really get myself to actually finish it because I couldn't stand it mechanically.

Now my original party pick would've been Imoen, Rose, Kivan, Gavin, and Will. But then I realized that is an incredibly squishy party with no real tank. So let's switch out Rose for Shar-Teel for the time being. So my final pick is
Imoen
Shar-Teel
Kivan
Gavin
Will Scarlet
Also keep the Wolf.

Probably an poorly balanced party but then I've always been terrible at gaming the system so to speak.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

jng2058 posted:

Take Imoen, Kivan, Kagain, Rose, and Finch.

Gonna go with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I stop stop laughing every time I read Will's name because of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-aXzxjHS0

Edit:

AJ_Impy posted:

Finch, Imoen, Rose, Gavin, Shar-Teel, Kagain. Keep Haiass.

Also agreeing with this part. Shar-Teel + Frostbrand or whatever the name of that big rear end sword is will look amazing.

• Locked thread